Home

The Godfather The Lost Years?

Posted By: Don Cardi

The Godfather The Lost Years? - 01/19/05 01:57 AM

Is this the UK version of The Godfather Returns?

Don Cardi
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: The Godfather The Lost Years? - 01/19/05 02:18 AM

DC it is. I remember someone saying it when the Returns one came out that this was their version of it.

Re: The Godfather The Lost Years? - 01/19/05 02:52 AM

Same bad story, different title!

Don Cardi
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: The Godfather The Lost Years? - 01/19/05 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Same bad story, different title!

Don Cardi
Gotta give 'em credit for trying at least.

If I remember correctly Super Mario Brothers 3 for Nintendo was marketed in Japan (under a different name with different characters) and flopped. They changed the characters to Super Mario Brothers and it was a big success.
Posted By: waynethegame

Re: The Godfather The Lost Years? - 01/20/05 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
If I remember correctly Super Mario Brothers 3 for Nintendo was marketed in Japan (under a different name with different characters) and flopped. They changed the characters to Super Mario Brothers and it was a big success.
Super Mario 2, not 3. 2 was originally released as.. Doki Doki Panic (something like that) in Japan. Almost the exact same story (crappier music, if I recall).

Re: The Godfather The Lost Years? - 01/20/05 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
Gotta give 'em credit for trying at least.

Oh, absolutely! It's not that I want to see the guy fall flat on his face, I just wish that he would have done a better job in staying within the character personalities, and he could have definately done a much better job in regards to Fontaine and Frnacesca. I just feel that he slapped this book together not really caring about specific detail, and just hoped that his book would ride the coattails of the original. He was given the ability to write a book based on characters that were established, enjoyed and well known by the reading public, and in my opinion he dropped the ball. I know I'll probably get shot for saying this, but at least the GFIII movie kept me interested!

Don Cardi
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: The Godfather The Lost Years? - 01/21/05 04:21 AM

Hey, at least the UK version has a better cover. The American cover is so bland.
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: The Godfather The Lost Years? - 03/06/05 09:15 PM

Even though he wrote the book, didn't the editors read it before it was released? Couldn't someone have said to rewrite it because it sucks?
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: The Godfather The Lost Years? - 03/06/05 09:21 PM

Mine's called " GF The Lost Years"
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET