Home

Sales

Posted By: Busta

Sales - 12/01/04 08:42 PM

Does anyone know how many copies have been sold so far or where it ranks on any list?
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Sales - 12/01/04 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Busta:
Does anyone know how many copies have been sold so far or where it ranks on any list?
It is #54 on Amazon's Top 100.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Sales - 12/01/04 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
[quote]Originally posted by Busta:
[b] Does anyone know how many copies have been sold so far or where it ranks on any list?
It is #54 on Amazon's Top 100. [/b][/quote]....And falling. Now #58 a few hours later.
Posted By: Don Provalone

Re: Sales - 12/02/04 02:21 AM

... hey but it is making a comeback - it is back to #55...

But seriously, to put this in perspective, just look at the titles that are above GFR. It is not like the top 50 consist of War and Peace equivalents. Actually there was a child's pop up book that was ranked higher than GFR.

Folks, the GFR section of this board has moved beyond a critique of the book. We are now at the functional and technical analysis stage of monitoring sales ranking and prices. This section has become an electronic hospice - we are on a GFR death watch. You can never rule out a miracle, but at this point, I suggest that you save your prayers for the living.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Sales - 12/02/04 03:17 AM

Graet post Don P.!!!

My prediction? It will be in the bargain bin by the end of this year! Hey, the first day it came out I should have realized that something was wrong with it when I saw that Barnes nd Noble already had a 30% off sticker on it! The very first day!

Don Cardi
Posted By: SC

Re: Sales - 12/02/04 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Busta:
where it ranks on any list?
Its on the bottom of MY list.
Posted By: Don Provalone

Re: Sales - 12/07/04 11:34 PM

At last check on Amazon, it is in the top 50 - hovering around 45. Some independents are selling 'used' copies starting at $13.20. Amazon typically drops no lower than 40% off. If the hardback price stays between 40% to 50% off, it will probably not fall into the top 51-75 bestseller range. It will be interesting to see if the Christmas rush will make it a stocking-stuffer.

It has been out about 3 weeks - next week will be a good benchmark. What will also be interesting is to see how fast this goes to paperback. If the paperback price is $8 to $10, then sales will likely spike - that price makes GFR a relatively small risk.

Stay tuned - one good price drop will increase the number of reviews we get as more folks bite the bullet (it will certainly keep me from having to borrow a copy - hard to consistently get through it this way)

There are sites with excerpts. If anyone can post a link that provides some excerpts, then we could review it en masse.
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Sales - 12/09/04 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Provalone:

There are sites with excerpts. If anyone can post a link that provides some excerpts, then we could review it en masse.
I opened a special thread for excerpts and posted there link to chapter 1.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET