Home

Casting GFR

Posted By: Zasa

Casting GFR - 11/22/04 02:28 AM

I'm sure that the Godfather Returns has made casting directors out of all who read it. I myself have been assigning people to the new roles. I've been trying my best to keep it 70s centric (i.e. Ben Affleck isn't going to be Geraci.)

If you ask me here's how I'd cast the movie (if it were made around '74-'75):

Lou Russo: Burt Young
Nick Geraci: Harvey Kietel, Robert Redford or maybe Frederic Forrest
M. Corbett Shea: Gene Hackman
Danny Shea: Harrison Ford
Jimmy Shea: Martin Scheen

some of the other characters in Johnny Fontane's and Francesca's stories I havent thought og yet. Anyone else care to share their line-up?

-Zasa
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Casting GFR - 11/22/04 02:32 AM

I refuse to reconize the legitmacy of this book, much less it being turned into a film, therefore, I am not casting it.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Casting GFR - 11/22/04 02:39 AM

Quote:
Danny Shea
Make it O'shea and I'd say Rick Moranis

lets see how many heads that goes over lol
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Casting GFR - 11/22/04 10:23 PM

Frank Vincent could play a number of roles:
Russo, Forlenza, Narducci.....

Matt Damon as Billy Van Arsdale
Nicky and Paris Hilton as the Corleone twins
Posted By: The Sicilian

Re: Casting GFR - 11/24/04 02:04 AM

I want to be casted in this movie as one of the audience members sleeping through this lame attempt at a novel...
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Casting GFR - 11/24/04 02:45 AM

The problem with casting this movie is that I do not want to see a film made where someone else is playing Michael Corleone! I do not want to see someone else playing the part of Clemenza! Do you get my point? THese are roles that you do NOT replace with other actors. Yes, if the story took place when Michael was a teenager, Sonny was a teenager, etc. it can be believable. But to cast a different actor to play Michael at an age that we have already seen him (in GFI and II), in my eyes it would not be convincing for me.

Don Cardi
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Casting GFR - 11/24/04 04:53 AM

When I saw your name as the last post, I figured you were applying for a role. :p
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Casting GFR - 11/24/04 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
When I saw your name as the last post, I figured you were applying for a role. :p
Wiseguy aye?

Don Cardi
Posted By: DonGenco

Re: Casting GFR - 01/16/05 07:48 AM

I think that no one should be cast for any role in a movie that hopefully NEVER will be made. This book is an insult to my intellegence and a movie....O God, for Mario Puzo's, please no!
Posted By: JDunn9232

Re: Casting GFR - 01/19/05 10:14 PM

Hell, the novel is such a travesty, go all out with goofy casting and make it into a comedy...Adam Sandler as Michael, Carrot Top as Fredo, maybe get Yahoo Serious as "Ace". The "You're Getting a Dell" guy as Francesca's hubby would be great...maybe Jim Carey as Tom Hagen too.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Casting GFR - 01/21/05 04:19 AM

^^^^^^ ROTFL :rolleyes:
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET