Home

The Godfather Returns

Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

The Godfather Returns - 06/08/04 06:36 PM

OK - I am sure everyone here knows of the book coming out this fall.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1400061016/qid=1086719719/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl 14/104-3475080-7553549?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Anyone know what it's going to be about? Anyone ever read anything by this author and what his writing style is like? Granted Puzo wasn't the best writer, but he had a way with words that was perfect for the subject matter.

I am eagerly awaiting this book!
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: The Godfather Returns - 06/09/04 07:41 PM

I'm pretty sure it will be about the time period in Corleone history after the Vito scenes in Part 2 and before Part 1. Ive never read anything by him, but I am sure this book, and other Godfather related merchandice coming out is just a way to test the market and build hype for a GF4 movie.
Posted By: EnzoBaker

Re: The Godfather Returns - 06/10/04 07:11 PM

The original GF novel by Puzo contains some passages covering the time period in the 1930s when the Corleone family rose to prominence. (Generally assumed to be the basis for most of the GF IV chapters Puzo completed before his death.)

If this is an "authorized" GF spin-off project, I don't think it will duplicate any territory already covered by Puzo in previous works.

We'll see, I suppose.
Posted By: Krlea

Re: The Godfather Returns - 07/21/04 03:05 AM

Just bumping this up to see if maybe anyone's found any additional info. I can't wait to read it. Hopefully it won't bite.
Posted By: Buttmunker

Re: The Godfather Returns - 07/21/04 05:40 PM

What's with the cheezy title? Will the book cover have Vito with a red cape flying through the city?
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: The Godfather Returns - 07/21/04 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Buttmunker:
What's with the cheezy title? Will the book cover have Vito with a red cape flying through the city?
LMAO What a great idea!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET