Home

Pigeons

Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Pigeons - 12/19/12 05:10 AM

With all the good Paisans here, does anyone have Pigeons? If so I have a few questions. Been with same group for so long wanted to hear the opinions and views of others
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Pigeons - 12/19/12 12:51 PM

I saw this title in the Sports heading and incorrectly thought it was about my entries in the various ESPN games that we play through the board.

But, to answer your question, I don't own any pigeons.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Pigeons - 12/19/12 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
I saw this title in the Sports heading and incorrectly thought it was about my entries in the various ESPN games that we play through the board.

But, to answer your question, I don't own any pigeons.

So did i...and no i don't own pigeons. They used to be very popular a few years back but it seem's to have died a death lately!!

Re: Pigeons - 12/19/12 02:53 PM

Hasnt died a death here within the last standing Italian strongholds! Cant answer for the UK. I was looking for an outside viewmin regardsmto training amd feeding. Ive been with the same club for so long i am afriad i have missed out on new ideas.
And for the record it is a sport!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Pigeons - 12/19/12 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
Hasnt died a death here within the last standing Italian strongholds! Cant answer for the UK. I was looking for an outside viewmin regardsmto training amd feeding. Ive been with the same club for so long i am afriad i have missed out on new ideas.
And for the record it is a sport!

You're in a club in Florida??

Re: Pigeons - 12/19/12 05:23 PM

Proud member of the Gulf Coast Pigeon Club! There are a ton of Pogeon guys in Spring Hill. Yards just full of coups. Claudio(the barber) his brother is in our club. Also Tony Melucci, his family owned that Chicken store on Pleasent where you could buy them live, skinned, breasts however. Quite a few people from Corona there too.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Pigeons - 12/21/12 07:02 PM

EHI,

You caught my interest with this topic. I don't fly pigeons. Never gave the sport a thought so I got curious and wondered how to you even get a pigeon to go where you want. So I asked the basic question:

How do you Race Pigeons?

Re: Pigeons - 12/21/12 07:34 PM

Well like anything else it depends what you want the pigeon for! They are relativly cheap! However racing is the fun part. Its really simple. Say you belong to a Pigeon Club or a friend has Pigeons also. You cage the Pigeons in a mini- coup, coup into the truck. Drive about fifty miles. Let the Pigeons out, whatever Pigeon arrives first wins, second is second, third is third etc. Thats where the "homing" part comes into play. This was a real generic and bad example. However it is really that simple. Pigeons are fun. Very little work. They make a soothing sound at night also! Put anyone to sleep, even shuts my mother in law up!
Posted By: marine

Re: Pigeons - 12/22/12 10:09 AM

You wanna know what EastHarlemItal..Did you see the pigeon races with Mike Tyson on the discovery 2-3 not even 3 years ago..I remember they were training birds to race from one end of town to another and timeing them..they used to talk the training and feeding scheduled..They kept them in cages on the roof..Hope you remember this show..I think this series only ran a few months..Mabe im wrong you can google it probally

Re: Pigeons - 12/22/12 12:41 PM

Recorded that show, believe it or not Tyson is a very good Pigeon man. His birds always fly well. He rarely takes them himself to races he usually has his handlers take them. He has some good ideas about feeding and coup sanitation. His roof coup is old school. You would be shocked how many pigeon people are out there. I remember going to the Catskills as a kid to see Tyson train when I was a kid, he had a coup right there at the D'Amato camp.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Pigeons - 12/22/12 03:13 PM

I had this crazy thought. Is there prize money involved? I'm sure there is some side betting going on, but I mean organized prize money. Then there may enter in the drug/steroid thing. Do they blood-poop test the birds?

Re: Pigeons - 12/22/12 03:16 PM

Steroids! Ah no. Prizes are small. It's all about bragging rights. Side betting is huge. The old Italians are cut throat too.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Pigeons - 12/22/12 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
Steroids! Ah no. Prizes are small. It's all about bragging rights. Side betting is huge. The old Italians are cut throat too.

I was attacked by a seagull with 'roid rage down at the shore once.
Posted By: marine

Re: Pigeons - 12/22/12 10:43 PM

Glad to see you see that show since you into pigeons.probaly seen a few great matches at that Tyson camp i bet..But yea i see how that can be a cool hobby havin your own coup n feedin them every day..And when you let them fly they know Exactly know where to return if i remember right.

Re: Pigeons - 12/22/12 11:32 PM

Us Pigeon people dont get much air time, so when we do I need to record it!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET