Home

Nhl Lockout

Posted By: NickyEyes1

Nhl Lockout - 08/29/12 11:48 PM

if there is no hockey this year im gonna cry.... do you think they'll be a season
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Nhl Lockout - 08/30/12 11:15 AM

Yes, but I think they may lose a month or so.
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: Nhl Lockout - 09/14/12 08:03 PM

Yeah i see it happening. It's funny, i have no sympathy for either side. What i really want, my pipe dream, is to have the players scale back their salary, and have the owners scale back on the price of tickets. If they did that, i'd finally be able to afford a ticket! LOL

Re: Nhl Lockout - 09/14/12 08:57 PM

The owners are just greedy pieces of shit who dont care abouf the game
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Nhl Lockout - 09/14/12 09:33 PM

are they really doing this?! i guess in the end MLB is really smart because both sides agreed that the lockout/strike really hurt them.

its kind of sad though, it looked like they were going to challenge the nba/mlb
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Nhl Lockout - 09/14/12 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: BAM_233
are they really doing this?! i guess in the end MLB is really smart because both sides agreed that the lockout/strike really hurt them.

or even NFL for that matter. That was page 1 news on Sportscenter, but NHL lockout? Might as well've been beach volleyball. (Chalk it up to ESPN also still mad over the last lockout which ended their NHL contract.)

Remember when hockey was the 4th national sport in America? Now I can safely say it's what, 8th?

Re: Nhl Lockout - 09/15/12 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Originally Posted By: BAM_233

or even NFL for that matter. That was page 1 news on Sportscenter, but NHL lockout? Might as well've been beach volleyball. (Chalk it up to ESPN also still mad over the last lockout which ended their NHL contract.)

Remember when hockey was the 4th national sport in America? Now I can safely say it's what, 8th?

1)NFL
2)MLB
3)NBA
4)Golf
5)Tennis
6)NASCAR (actually any racing series)
7)Soccer
8)NHL

makes sense if you do count NASCAR as a sport. also to pass NFL is just guessing and personal preference
Posted By: Mark

Re: Nhl Lockout - 09/15/12 12:52 PM

Personally, I will miss the NHL games even if they cancel 1 game of this season. I like the Bulls and will watch them if the Blackhawks are not on but all in all I love to see the Hawk games in the winter. I hope they do figure out a compromise and settle this soon.

Re: Nhl Lockout - 09/18/12 09:59 PM

Anytime i see any member of both sides talk, i just get angry. Bettman and his smartest-guy-in-the-room routine make me want to smack him around. Fehr's "oh these players have families to provide for" bit drives me up the wall. The owners are greedy, but goddamn so are the players. How about non-guaranteed contracts? Doesn't the NFL have those? I'm not an avid NFL fan, but i remember someone mentioning that. Players want to get paid, sure..pay them as much as they want. The minute they decline, buh-bye charlie (sheen).

Re: Nhl Lockout - 09/18/12 10:45 PM

its more the owners faullt. and the players should get paid more without them the leagues nothing. the owners are replacable but the players arent
Posted By: EddieCoyle

Re: Nhl Lockout - 09/18/12 11:21 PM

Actually its the opposite. New players are being raised every minute.

Re: Nhl Lockout - 09/18/12 11:47 PM

Sports talk radio in Chicago was talking about a lot of players looking for opportunities in Europe until the lock out is lifted. Blackhawks' Toews is one of them...

Re: Nhl Lockout - 09/19/12 01:24 AM

Yeah i've been catching some articles here in Toronto saying the same. One of the names is Mr. Nhl Poster-boy Himself.....Sydney Crosby. In response to NIcky, i read something in the Toronto Sun about how replacements may be used as a scare tactic.

Re: Nhl Lockout - 11/27/12 02:37 AM

Day 72 and no end in sight! mad

Re: Nhl Lockout - 11/27/12 05:41 AM

The players and the owners deserve to have no one show up whenever this is resolved. No matter who wins (or ties) at the end of this negotiation, it won't translate to more affordable tickets for fans. The pricing of Leafs games is horrible. Once upon a time a wonderful way to go out with the family, now you need a loan to get nosebleeds. Let's not even talk about trying to buy a beverage or food.

Re: Nhl Lockout - 11/27/12 10:13 PM

I see no end of it. Both sides are greedy pieces of shit
Posted By: SC

Re: Nhl Lockout - 11/27/12 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Both sides are greedy pieces of shit

SCORE!!! wink

Re: Nhl Lockout - 11/28/12 05:46 AM

Bettman has to be the worst commissioner in American pro sports history if he lets TWO whole seasons get wiped out during his term.

Re: Nhl Lockout - 11/29/12 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Bettman has to be the worst commissioner in American pro sports history if he lets TWO whole seasons get wiped out during his term.

You can say that again. I put the blame completely on the commissioner and greedy owners.

Re: Nhl Lockout - 12/01/12 05:30 PM

players fault too

Re: Nhl Lockout - 12/01/12 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
players fault too

What did the players do? They aren't striking. They're playing under the terms forced upon them the last time they were locked out a few years ago. Now the owners want even more back, and are locking them out again. This is the 3rd time since the mid 90's they've pulled this shit.

Re: Nhl Lockout - 12/03/12 10:44 PM

they're greedy

Re: Nhl Lockout - 12/10/12 11:20 PM

games cancelled through dec 30th
my guess is if they dont agree with the next offer whole season is over

Re: Nhl Lockout - 12/11/12 01:19 AM

Not looking very promising for a season at all. Part of my Winter ritual is when Mrs. Mark is off at school, me and my dog order a pizza and watch The Blackhawks. I like The Bulls but loves me some Hawks. It's a shame that they can't figure this all out...

Re: Nhl Lockout - 12/11/12 07:13 PM

When the hawks were good the year before they won the cup, I was interested in hockey. That interest is gone now...this is the third lockout with the same commissioner. They might as well make a new league for hockey.

Re: Nhl Lockout - 12/21/12 03:34 AM

games cancelled through January 14th. Over half the season

Re: Nhl Lockout - 12/21/12 05:12 AM

The season is DEAD.

Re: Nhl Lockout - 12/22/12 08:17 AM

To be honest i saw half as many games these last seven years than i did the 7 years prior to the last lock out. Sure, some could blame the lack of success the Maple Leafs have had. In truth, that one year really annoyed me. This year though, i don't feel very much.

For the first time in 20 years the Blue Jays are giving us something to talk about. So F**k the NHL and its greedy owners and players.
Posted By: marine

Re: Nhl Lockout - 12/28/12 09:01 AM

One of the very few times i never read the prior post before posting..LISTEN UP nhl players and now the GREEDY owners..!.Kinda of Recession the last 4-5 years..People aint workin and its winter, construction automaticly slow..No people aint jumpin off buildings,yet... BUT THE NERVE an now the players were ready but it is the Owners holdin stuff up espn was hinting..But to be 21-40yr old and prime of your life and to get the chance to play a PROFESSIONAL sport,and make good money,Kinda bad holdn out..Now i believe top nhl'ers get 4-5M a year..And average and goons get the least at 70,000-500,000$ to 600,000-2m for average ones..If im wrong im sorry but i know it aint like mlb or nfl..{but nhl does have half amount of people watching compared to mlb nfl nba probally mma}And yea 82 games aint easy with the nfl type hits taking place on the ice.. But if they want somethin get back to the rink at least 35-40 games would be nice this year.. and then renogeshate again in the offseason agian..It would sat sumthin to the fans to hurry up and play a few games and like i said then in the offseason..Then try to make a better deal in the offseason ..
Posted By: marine

Re: Nhl Lockout - 12/28/12 09:24 AM

Well said.. yea you got a pitching staff to watch this year like us in philly..but your staff is a little younger..Yankees have someone different to be worried about..Now the Jays need a Jessie Barfield for the lineup...Also Yea i remember Mattis Sundin and Tie Domi..HaHA Tie got his a$$ kicked by a drunk from Havertown in the penality box/stands when in philly back around 2005.. i know you remember..Naa believe me at 5'9'' Domi could really fight i seen him ko a few guys on the ice..I know you seen some of his kos..But i cant believe i heard a guy from Canada say his hockey watchin is droppin off the last couple of years..Cause mine has dropped drasticly..I watch the history n discovery even nba sometimes..It is ashame cant explain it i just dont feel like watching any hockey anyway??

Re: Nhl Lockout - 12/28/12 05:46 PM

some guys get even more than 5 mill. Some have up to 14 mill

Re: Nhl Lockout - 12/29/12 11:33 PM

I am hearing that a new proposal was given to the NHL players and there could be some good news coming...

Re: Nhl Lockout - 01/01/13 03:34 AM

hopefully

Re: Nhl Lockout - 01/01/13 11:43 PM

I think they'll be back soon, but I won't be buying any tickets or merchandise for a long time.

Re: Nhl Lockout - 01/02/13 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
I think they'll be back soon, but I won't be buying any tickets or merchandise for a long time.

I will, even though they are pissing me off

Re: Nhl Lockout - 01/04/13 05:00 PM

I read online that the NHL is refusing to budge on some of the issues. If they do come back for half a season, i won't watch it. I hope no one does...let the fans lock them out!
I keep ranting about this, but i have big issues with each side.

Re: Nhl Lockout - 01/05/13 01:29 AM

I won't lie. I'll watch. I won't be buying any tickets or merchandise for a long time though. I know a few people that are giving up their season tickets.

Re: Nhl Lockout - 01/06/13 06:04 AM

Their making progress
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8816928/nhl-nhlpa-appear-inching-closer-deal

Re: Nhl Lockout - 01/06/13 11:35 AM

ESPN reports the lockout is over.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8817955/nhl-nhlpa-reach-tentative-agreement-source-says

Re: Nhl Lockout - 01/06/13 01:25 PM

Yes!!! clap clap clap

Re: Nhl Lockout - 01/06/13 06:02 PM

I bet a million bucks when the new contract runs out, there will be another lockout.

Re: Nhl Lockout - 01/06/13 07:16 PM

That won't be for 10 years. Finally!!!!

Re: Nhl Lockout - 01/10/13 12:40 AM

I hear the Chicago Blackhawks will start their season on Saturday afternoon, January 19th against The LA Kings. It will be a nationally televised game with the Kings receiving their championship rings in a pre-game ceremony. Go Hawks!

Re: Nhl Lockout - 01/10/13 02:59 AM

Can't wait!

Re: Nhl Lockout - 01/15/13 03:02 AM

First games are on January 19th

Re: Nhl Lockout - 01/18/13 09:59 PM

One more day!
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Nhl Lockout - 01/19/13 05:20 PM

Go Penguins!

Re: Nhl Lockout - 01/19/13 06:55 PM

Should we start a hockey thread or just post on here?

Re: Nhl Lockout - 02/02/13 01:40 AM

As far as i'm concerned they are still locked out.....by me!!! LOL
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET