Home

Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs

Posted By: Guiseppe Petri

Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 02:37 AM

Let's hear it For the Pittsburgh Penguins, Stanley Cup Champs.
How sweet it would be it the Pirates would go to and win the World Seies. Pittsburgh would truely be the city of champions!!!!!!!
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 02:38 AM

Anyone but Boston.

Although kudos to the NHL, they've basically been circle jerking as much as they could to get Crosby a cup, now they've done it.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 02:41 AM

Congratulations Pens! Following in the Steelers footsteps.
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 02:43 AM

i am surprised...and no way in hell can the pirates win.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 03:21 AM

What an effort. Down 0-2 in the series and then winning the decisive game on the road. Well done - congrats to the Pens and their fans!
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 03:23 AM

Wqay to go, Pittsburgh, for another championship richly deserved. They won Games 7 on the road against Philadephia, Washington and now Detroit, which sleeps tonight in stunned silence. Penguins had a lot of heart and now officially capped a great year for me, in which my favorite NBA, MLB, NFL and NHL teams have all won championships.

The last time a sports team won a Game 7 Championship on the road?

1979. Pittsburgh Pirates over the Baltimore Orioles.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 03:38 AM

Congrats to all the Penguins fans out there. I like Crosby and am glad to see him win a cup.

Penguins & Steelers in same year.

I remember how I felt when the Mets and the GIANTS both one it in the same season. It was a great feeling!

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

I remember how I felt when the Mets and the GIANTS both one it in the same season. It was a great feeling!

1986 season. 2 memorable teams.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 04:03 AM

Isn't there a player who was on the Penguins last year (lost to Detroit) and then he switched over to Detroit this year, losing to his former team? I can't remember his name but I can't imagine that's ever happened before. He's one unlucky guy.

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 04:13 AM

Our local AHL team won its 10th Calder Cup championship tonight. They are the affiliate of Washington.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 11:20 AM

Well done to the Pengiuns. They are a good feisty bunch who never gave up. Thoroughly deserved!
Posted By: Guiseppe Petri

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 02:52 PM

Blibbleblabble - it was hossa. samuelson used to be a penguin too. sorry about their luck.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 04:25 PM

I always liked Mario Lemieux. Had he been healthy, he would have broken most of Gretzky's records. Good for the Penguins.

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I always liked Mario Lemieux. Had he been healthy, he would have broken most of Gretzky's records. Good for the Penguins.

I'm only a casual hockey fan, who basically only watches the postseason and a little of the regular season, but I thought the meeting between Lemieux and Crosby on the ice during the celebration was a memorable sight.

Also, while hockey trails the other major sports in popularity, baseball, football and basketball do not have an award as sublime as the Stanley Cup.

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 05:14 PM

Same as you Kly regarding Hockey. But I am so proud of the Pens just like I am of the Steelers and, one of these days again, the Pirates.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Guiseppe Petri
Blibbleblabble - it was hossa. samuelson used to be a penguin too. sorry about their luck.

Thanks Guiseppe. smile
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
. . . one of these days again, the Pirates.

That's the funniest thing you've ever posted. And they say you don't have a sense of humor tongue lol.

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champs - 06/13/09 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: olivant
. . . one of these days again, the Pirates.

That's the funniest thing you've ever posted. And they say you don't have a sense of humor tongue lol.

I don't. I'm serious! Hey, "Don't stop believin'"
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET