Home

PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1

Posted By: Guiseppe Petri

PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/02/09 03:21 AM

Pittsburgh home of the 6 pack - congratulations to the cardinals for a hard fought game
Posted By: Longneck

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/02/09 03:22 AM

THAT WASN'T A FUMBLE!
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/02/09 03:23 AM

Congrats. I'm sure our friend Klyd is quite happy right now.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/02/09 03:25 AM

Six championships, blah blah blah! tongue

Poor Cardinals. Nice guys finish last.
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/02/09 03:31 AM

it was his arm moved forward...if it didnt then well yea he would had been given another chance. overall though it was a great game.

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/02/09 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Longneck
THAT WASN'T A FUMBLE!

As a Raider fan I agree, because Tom Brady did the same thing in the 2002 playoffs and suddenly the world was aware of the so-called "tuck rule". But I'm not sure that rule has ever been called again. CONSPIRACY!!! THE NFL HATES THE RAIDERS!! oh.. *ahem* and uh... loves the Steelers too?
Posted By: olivant

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/02/09 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Guiseppe Petri
Pittsburgh home of the 6 pack - congratulations to the cardinals for a hard fought game

I didn't know you were in Pgh. Are you from there? What high school?

My heart was in my throat during those last two minutes.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/02/09 05:53 AM

Got Six?

The celebrating is still going on here. It was an outstanding game, the Cardianals played very well, but the better team won. Roethlisberger keeps elevating his status as an elite, big game, big moment quarterback, and he and Holmes teamed up on a legendary drive that will hold a prominent place in Super Bowl history. Amazingly, Santonio's game winning catch and the the game winning catch of Plaxico Burress (the guy whom Santonio was drafted to replace) last year both happened with 35 seconds remaining, and gave their teams 4 point leads.

This Super Bowl will have memorable moments: Harrison's 100 yard interception return for a TD to end the half, Warner's fourth quarter efforts and Fitzgerald's long TD, and, of course, the championship drive that started with a holding penalty.

I was happy for Dan Rooney. I believe his franchise is the greatest in sports. Mike Tomlin did an amazing job coaching this year as his team started the season with the most difficult schedule in the league, and suffered key injuries to the offensive line even after losing a future Hall of Fame guard to free agency (I love ya, Faneca, but was the extra cash worth it after what you saw tonight?).

By the way, it was unequivocably and indisputedly a fumble. Woodley hit the ball while Warner's arm was cocked, and when Warner moved his arm forward, he didn't have control of the ball.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/02/09 01:46 PM

Congrats to the Steelers. Cardinals did themselves proud also!

Well done to Klyd and Turi.
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/02/09 02:47 PM

Congrats to the Steelers and our resident Steeler fans, KL and Turi!

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/02/09 07:46 PM

The Steelers are a class organization. They don't recruit nor put up with criminals or criminal types. They are decent people who know what constitutes the nature of a team. They know talent and how to develop players. They don't pay alot either, but when you join the Steelers you know that you are playing for a great organization that will give you its best in exchange for yours.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/02/09 07:56 PM

The Steelers last drive was like Deja vu from last year's SB. When Ben didn't get sacked on 2nd and 20, I knew they were going to win.
Posted By: Ice

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/02/09 10:30 PM

Hey, what was the deal when Harrison started going after that guy in about the 4th quarter(?) I think? Harrison is a great player who made perhaps the greatest play in Super Bowl History, but in my mind he kind of ruined all of that with a really classless and low-brow cheap shot. It put a bit of a tarnish on what was otherwise one of the greatest nights in Steeler history.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/03/09 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Ice
Hey, what was the deal when Harrison started going after that guy in about the 4th quarter(?) I think? Harrison is a great player who made perhaps the greatest play in Super Bowl History, but in my mind he kind of ruined all of that with a really classless and low-brow cheap shot. It put a bit of a tarnish on what was otherwise one of the greatest nights in Steeler history.

I thought the same thing. I don't know what it was about.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/03/09 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
Got Six?

.... but the better team won.
.....This Super Bowl will have memorable moments: Harrison's 100 yard interception return for a TD to end the half,
.....Warner's fourth quarter efforts (?) and Fitzgerald's long TD,
.....and, of course, the championship drive that started with a holding penalty.

I believe his franchise (Rooney) is the greatest in sports.

Consigliere, consigliere....how many beers did you have when you wrote this? Kudos to the Steelers. They made less mistakes than the Cardinals. Does that make them the "better" team? On Sunday night it did, but your statement implies for all eternity.
Memorable moments: Harrison's 4th quarter aggravated assault on a defenseless Cardinal on his knees. Great run back besmirched.
Correction. Warner's 4th quarter accomplishments.
Fitzgerald's long TD, courtesy of the vaunted defense leaving the middle open enough to land a jumbo jet.
Not to be out done by the Cardinals 45 yards worth of penalites on one drive (nice gainer).
I believe the Yankees still hold the title of greatest sports franchise.

Ok, counselor, you had your moment in the sun, back to court...reality.

Just yankin' your chain Klyd. Nice win.....but they really aren't that good. Don't forget, the Eagles beat them. tongue grin

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/03/09 03:41 AM

MaryCas, Marycas. What have we ever done to make you treat we Steeler fans so disrespectfully?

The Eagles? Aren't they an aging band that can only manage a tune once in awhile?

6 SB rings says it all.

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/03/09 05:45 AM

No doubt a great fanchise, but I've heard some talk about this being the greatest Super Bowl ever. I think you'd have to be insane to think that. Last years was better and that's just recent memory. This was a good game, but not the best ever.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/03/09 06:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
No doubt a great fanchise, but I've heard some talk about this being the greatest Super Bowl ever. I think you'd have to be insane to think that. Last years was better and that's just recent memory. This was a good game, but not the best ever.

I agree. It wasn't that great. It was a great 4th quarter.

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/04/09 02:55 AM

plaxico has a new job as the spokeman for the N.R.A. on gun safety, here is new commercial -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpgL5kuBpMA

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/04/09 04:13 AM

Guisseppe, did you make it to the parade today? My younger son and I did (my older boy didn't want to miss school because he's in the middle of baseball tryouts). It was a great time, and I thought it was a bit larger than 2006. I approached the city from 376 W around 11:00, but knew the downtown would be blocked off, and ended up parking somewhere on the north shore.

Mike Tomlin has that city in the palm of his hand. Not only is he the coolest coach in the NFL, but he has the hottest wife among coaches. At only 36 years old it is possible that he could coach another 20 years and the Steelers could have a 60 year period where they only had three coaches.

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/04/09 04:30 AM

You know Klyd, 300,000 turned out for the parade. That's nearly the population of the city. The dignity of it all.

You're right. With Tomlin's young age and his coaching philosophy, he could be around (successfully) for a long time. I saw Ben on Letterman and he has so much class for someone his age. I wish I could have been there for the parade. I think I'm going to make plans to attend a Steelers away game next season where the game is within reasonable driving distance of north Texas.

By the way Giuseppe, where are you in Pgh?

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/05/09 05:02 PM

no, i did not make the parade, had to work. a couple of co-workers did go, they said it was crazy.

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/05/09 07:48 PM

Crazy, indeed.

I watched the game again last night. I think I'd have given the MVP to Roethlsberger, but I can see why Holmes got it. He's the third Steeler WR to win the Super Bowl MVP.

I also thought that WR John Stallworth should have won the MVP for SB XIV against the Rams.
Posted By: ibarramedia

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/05/09 08:35 PM

It was a crazy game and full of high drama. I rooted for the Cardinals hoping they would win their first Superbowl title. I did not want the Steelers to get 6 since i want my Redskins to win more Superbowl titles. The skins have 3 so far.

It was a close game and a few questionable calls. 3 very significant game changing plays were the 100 yard interception at the end of the first half by the Steelers, the Santonio Holmes touchdown with 34 second left in the game, and finally the Kurt Warner incomplete pass/Fumble ruling at the tail end of the game.

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers for winning their 6th Title. To the victors belong the spoils.

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/05/09 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
I think I'm going to make plans to attend a Steelers away game next season where the game is within reasonable driving distance of north Texas.
?

2009 Steelers Away Games

Away: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Kansas City, Miami, Chicago, Detroit

Nothing very close...

And congrats to the Steelers. Except I'm already sick of hearing about 6.

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/13/09 03:32 AM

It's time to bring this thread back to the top with a bunch of pictures. olivant, there are some good shots of Pittsburgh during last week's parade.

http://nevertellmetheodds.org/t.php?id=85057&r=24
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/13/09 01:32 PM

Great pics there Klyd cool

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 02/17/09 03:16 AM

I really think the referees should have gotten the MVP...s.

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 03/01/09 05:00 AM

Tomorrow is the one month anniversary of the Steelers SB victory. The Amazing Steelers!

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 03/01/09 05:01 AM

lol

I'm laughing, but I would be the same way with one of my teams.

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 03/02/09 08:52 PM

lol

Yeah, I'm guilty of buying the commemorative magazines, and watching replays of the game at least a dozen times.

One of the things I enjoy while watching the Harrison interception is Larry Fitzgerald purposely leaving the field of play to avoid being blocked and running out of bounds along the Cardinal sideline, which is a illegal. While trying to catch Harrison at around the 30, he runs into a teammate, who steps out a little to see the play. Fitzgerald finally decided to reenter the field of play inside the ten.

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 03/03/09 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1 [/quote

..... and watching replays of the game at least a dozen times.

One of the things I enjoy while watching the Harrison interception is Larry Fitzgerald purposely leaving the field of play to avoid being blocked (objection, your honor, how can counselor know what's going on inside Mr. Fitzgerald's head) and running out of bounds along the Cardinal sideline, which is a illegal. While trying to catch Harrison at around the 30, he runs into a teammate, who steps out a little to see the play. Fitzgerald finally decided to reenter the field of play inside the ten.

But tells us about the block from behind on Harrison's run back. I saw it again on Sportcenter this weekend, but I'd like to see it in slo-mo from 12 angles. My son-in-law won $250 because of that play and the Stealers may have won because of that play. A very hollow victory.

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 03/03/09 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas

..... and watching replays of the game at least a dozen times.

One of the things I enjoy while watching the Harrison interception is Larry Fitzgerald purposely leaving the field of play to avoid being blocked (objection, your honor, how can counselor know what's going on inside Mr. Fitzgerald's head) and running out of bounds along the Cardinal sideline, which is a illegal. While trying to catch Harrison at around the 30, he runs into a teammate, who steps out a little to see the play. Fitzgerald finally decided to reenter the field of play inside the ten. [/quote

But tells us about the block from behind on Harrison's run back. I saw it again on Sportcenter this weekend, but I'd like to see it in slo-mo from 12 angles. My son-in-law won $250 because of that play and the Stealers may have won because of that play. A very hollow victory.

lol lol lol

There are different views and slow motion replays of the return. If you are referencing the Woodley block on Tim Hightower around the 30, it was a clean block. His hands are on the side of Hightower's arm.

But...hollow victory? lol lol lol

Not in the 'burgh. The only thing hollow in the postseason was Eli Manning and his offense without Plax. tongue

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 03/03/09 09:49 PM

lol

Yeah, I'm guilty of buying the commemorative magazines, and watching replays of the game at least a dozen times.

I did this too. In fact, I just got a Super Bowl XLI champs shirt this weekend. It was on sale.

I'd recommend waiting until after or right before next year's super bowl and then the prices really drop for merchandise. A lot of clearance sales and whatnot.

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 03/03/09 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Longneck
lol

I did this too. In fact, I just got a Super Bowl XLI champs shirt this weekend. It was on sale.

I'd recommend waiting until after or right before next year's super bowl and then the prices really drop for merchandise. A lot of clearance sales and whatnot.

You're absolutely right. When I was in Pittsburh for the parade, we stopped at Station Square, a place loaded with this stuff. All of the banners, hats, shirts, prints and junk that referenced 5 SBs were greatly reduced.

I almost bought a Super Bowl program at the list price of $20 after the game at a local store. Later that day I saw it at an outlet store for $3.99. The chain buys out the extra programs after the game at a reduced price. I'm glad I waited although while the programs are thick, there's never much of value in them.

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 03/04/09 01:57 AM

After awhile you'll notice the super bowl programs showing up in the dollar stores for $1.

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 03/23/09 09:35 PM

The Super Bowl champion Steelers will open the 2009 NFL season in Pittsburgh on Sept. 10 against the Tennessee Titans.

In announcing the opening weekend's nationally televised games, the league also said the Chicago Bears will play at Green Bay in the first Sunday night game. Both the Titans-Steelers and Bears-Packers games will be on NBC.

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 03/24/09 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant
The Super Bowl champion Steelers will open the 2009 NFL season in Pittsburgh on Sept. 10 against the Tennessee Titans.

Knowing the 8 Steeler home games, I figured that the Thursday game would be against either the Titans or Ravens. I didn't think it would be the Dolphin game as that was the Steeler opponent on the season opener in 2006.

Re: PITTSBURGH STEELERS #1 - 03/24/09 03:16 AM

I imagine that the Steelers will dominate the scheduling of national broadcast games this season. That suits me since I can't find a suitable sports bar with the NFL package.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET