Home

Scottie Pippen comeback?

Posted By: Sopranorleone

Scottie Pippen comeback? - 02/16/07 10:42 PM

Scottie Pippen is contemplating a return to the NBA. He says he is in the best shape of his life, bodyfat at 5 percent, and he wants to play about 20 minutes a game for a contender down the stretch and in the playoffs. I think that, assuming he can still play (which I'm sure he can), he will be a valuable asset to a playoff team. Phoenix would be perfect, he would help keep Steve Nash healthy and running. It will be interesting to see tomorrow night when he plays in the shooting stars competition to see if he can back up his talk.

Thoughts?
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Scottie Pippen comeback? - 02/16/07 11:15 PM

It's sad when athletes just can't walk away. Pippen hasn't had a good season since the 90's. Now at 41, there is no reason to think he can still play in the NBA.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Scottie Pippen comeback? - 02/16/07 11:31 PM

I agree, but the thing is, the NBA really isn't what it used to be.

Being that Scottie was never a prolific scorer to begin with, if he's kept himself in shape, he could probably give some team around 15 minutes a game.

If he's doing it for the love of the game and doesn't ask for alot of money, somebody will sign him.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Scottie Pippen comeback? - 02/17/07 04:05 AM

I would love to see him join a team if his playing time is kept in the 15-20 minute range. My ideal destination's, Dallas or Phoenix

Re: Scottie Pippen comeback? - 02/17/07 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Irishman12
I would love to see him join a team if his playing time is kept in the 15-20 minute range. My ideal destination's, Dallas or Phoenix

That's pretty much how I feel, Irish.

Re: Scottie Pippen comeback? - 02/17/07 04:19 AM

If Scottie's gonna do it right, he should go to a contender (but I'd hate it if he went to San Antonio)

Re: Scottie Pippen comeback? - 02/17/07 04:25 AM

Well, he ain't gonna waste his time with the Knicks

Re: Scottie Pippen comeback? - 02/17/07 04:30 AM

I didn't mean that, but like L.A. I know Kobe and Phil's there and they'll be in the playoffs, but they're kind of a long shot

Re: Scottie Pippen comeback? - 02/17/07 04:38 AM

I was just goofing on the Knicks. I've been a fan since the Willis Reed days and it breaks my heart to see what this guy Dolan and his stooge Isaiah are doing the team.

Re: Scottie Pippen comeback? - 02/17/07 04:42 AM

I'm still a Knicks fan but it wouldn't make sense for Scottie to go to a longshot team, that was just my point

Re: Scottie Pippen comeback? - 02/17/07 05:01 AM

Why would a contending team mess with their chemistry by signing a guy that was washed up 6 years ago?

Re: Scottie Pippen comeback? - 02/17/07 05:04 AM

Because he could be a solid player off the bench, and he's a proven winner with 6 NBA rings

Re: Scottie Pippen comeback? - 02/17/07 06:07 AM

What makes you think that at age 41 he can be a solid player off the bench, when at age 35 he could no longer play?

Re: Scottie Pippen comeback? - 02/17/07 07:55 AM

What makes you think that at age 41 he can't be a solid player off the bench?
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Scottie Pippen comeback? - 02/17/07 12:39 PM

Jesus, this is like ROCKY BALBOA but with hoops.

Pippen has the right to play as long as he both can possibly, and want to, play.

Regardless of his last few seasons, or even his return to basketball, he's a future Basketball Hall of Famer. That's a foregone conclusion. His 2nd go-around won't hurt him.

He would be a good bench player for 10-15 minutes. The initial idea of him supporting the Phil Jackson regime for the Lakers is nice, but it won't happen, or maybe it could. I just still vividly remember Pippen refusing to get up from the bench for that critical game. I'm sure Jackson is still pissed about that. Hell, Kobe Bryant is a more dependable player, and he's the rapist on the squad.

P.S. - Am I the only one that thought Pippen SUCKED as an analyst for ESPN?
Posted By: Sopranorleone

Re: Scottie Pippen comeback? - 02/17/07 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

P.S. - Am I the only one that thought Pippen SUCKED as an analyst for ESPN?

Watching him on NBA Matchup, I didn't think he fit in. But mainly, I think, cuz his voice isn't really made for TV.

I don't see anything wrong with him signing with a team, playing like 5-10 mins even, as long as he mentors the young guys. Without a doubt, he could do that.
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Scottie Pippen comeback? - 02/17/07 08:48 PM

The Nets should get him.

ds
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET