Home

Is it true?

Posted By: Don Alessandrio

Is it true? - 09/15/06 02:54 AM

Or does it just not matter?

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ys-bushprobe&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Maybe now USC will be the butt of all the jokes instead of OSU.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Is it true? - 09/15/06 02:01 PM

Time will tell, but that would be a huge blow to USC's program if it turns out to be true. Hopefully it is not true because it's been fun seeing Pete Carroll do well with that program.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Is it true? - 09/15/06 02:13 PM

This is sleazy. If this is true, and it sounds as though a money trail is established, sanctions may be appropriate. Whether USC actually knew the extent of the improprieties, they should be charged with constructive knowledge as the abuse was so widespread, conspicuous and manifested during highly visible USC events. The NCAA places a high level of responsibility on the individual universities to watch matters like this.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Is it true? - 09/16/06 12:03 AM

Wow College ball is taking a beating right now. As long as kickers aren't stabbing others to start we're alright.

To be honest I hope it's not true although it's something that has been brought up for a few months before Bush was drafted. I would hate to see the talent that is there with the lad to be wasted. If he's as good as he has been in the college game and can do that in the pro's then I hope, as an avid fan of the sport, that I'm seeing something special. I never saw Payton, Brown, Sanders in the flesh live. All very likable characters. I really hope Bush can play to his potential and be likable. I want to see history. After all he isn't a Brown, Bengal or Raven.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Is it true? - 09/16/06 06:24 AM

Personally I'd love it if it turned out to be true. As I'm sick & tired of all the hype placed on USC, & Bush.

One of my co-workers who has been following this story heard a report that stated that Pete Carrol knew some of this stuff was going on, and he chose to look the other way.

All that aside if this turns out to be true, then this will do serious damage to the program.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET