Home

Boston Red Sox

Posted By: TonyWillLive

Boston Red Sox - 04/24/06 04:35 PM

In my opinion the deepest team in the AL and maybe the league. I love the way they have planned for the future and managed their team. Got rid of the idiots, not that I don't love them for '04 but the future wasn't with them.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/24/06 08:04 PM

Corky. You have Schilling, Ramirez, Ortiz and Varitek. That's it! There isn't a team there beyond them, just a bunch of sad sack, AAA hobos who don't deserve the privilage of playing on The Blue Jays

-there is Don Jasani's description of the Red Sox. Take a look at this:

MiLB.com "Top 50 prospects"

Rank Age

-Jon Lester 18 22
-Jonathan Papelbon 23 25
-Craig Hansen 44 22

Funny I didn't see any Blue Jay guys in the top 50.

The Sox also got Coco Crisp after the departure of Damon. Now Coco is 26 and the Sox will have him till 2010 after Career highs in almost every category last year for Cleveland. Damon had a great year but hes 32. The Bronx Bombers will pay Damon $52 million over the next four seasons, while Crisp will be paid $18.25 million by the Sox over the same period.
Seems smart to me.

Have to mention Youkilis is playing well, Adam Stern looked nice on his call up, Wily Mo Pena is frustrating but there is potential and you know that if you have seen him. Dustin Pedroia another nice prospect, could be called up at the end of the year. Trot Nixon is has the highest BA AVG on the team. Now who am I forgetting?.....Oh JOSH BECKETT 26 years old World Series MVP and looking pretty nice so far...knock on wood. -take it easy

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/24/06 08:13 PM

Next to the players name is his Rank and Age sorry for the mistake
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/24/06 08:26 PM

I hate John Henry. He's a two faced bastard who only drove my team even more into the ground. He doesn't have money down here but all of a sudden can spend $150 million on the Red Sox? I call bullshiat.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/24/06 08:39 PM

Well where exactly are you from?
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/25/06 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TonyWillLive:
In my opinion the deepest team in the AL and maybe the league.

Wow, thanks for making me laugh.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/25/06 07:23 PM

How did I make you laugh? It must have been a nervous one I guess...?

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/25/06 07:39 PM

Nervous? No...

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/25/06 08:02 PM

well who do you think is the deepest?

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/26/06 02:37 AM

Nice win tonight, good cleveland team
Posted By: thebadguytm

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/26/06 03:02 AM

oh yes my red sox win again tonight!!! imo the skipper needs to go. win or lose i luv the sox. will they play the big game in october? yeah baby and the yanks will be a no show

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/26/06 03:03 AM

why do you feel that way about Tito?

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/26/06 03:09 AM

he keeps kurt in for 130 pitches .whats that? imo he makes some very bad pitching changes he puts mike t in at bad times doesnt use tim w right.yeah he won a ws but i dont think he is the future of the sox. all that said i still luv my red sox
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/26/06 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thebadguytm:
will they play the big game in october? yeah baby and the yanks will be a no show
Riiiiiiiiiiiight, keep telling yourself that

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/26/06 03:16 AM

Hey Irishmen explain why you think the sox won't do well this year.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/26/06 03:18 AM

how the yanks doing this year so far? not so well. and they can have damon, hes not hitting so well either. over paid fools imo. all kidding aside i would like to see the sox and yanks go at it in play offs. my olderst son is a huge yank fan and me and my youngest son luv the sox. makes for great game days at our house. damn i luve baseball

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/26/06 04:04 AM

Quote:
Hey Irishmen explain why you think the sox won't do well this year.
They don't have the lineup. Sure they've got the pitching, I'll give them that. They've got a better 1-2 punch in Schilling & Beckett than the Yanks do in Johnson & Mussina. However, you've gotta worry about the exact same things we do, which is can they remain healthy? I think from top to bottom, the Yanks just have a better team and will put it together this year. Boston's had a pretty hot, but it's not where you start, it's where you finish.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/26/06 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thebadguytm:
how the yanks doing this year so far? not so well.
The Yanks are 10-8 while Boston's 13-7 (they're only 2 games behind). Wow, I guess since Boston has a better record after 20 games, we should just give them the trophy and call it a season Forget the other 142 games, they're worthless at this point
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/26/06 07:53 AM

The Red Sox are still shit, and T.W.L. the U.S.S. liberty disaster was much worse than the U.S.S. Cole tragedy. They're both tragedies, but then again you don't exactly go to Harvard U. or anything!

The Red Sox pennant chances this season...?Now that's just a shame!

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/26/06 01:44 PM

Don Jasani in case you didn't know this is a sports thread. Leave your political shit for other threads we don't care about it here. JJ I kinda disagree with you but i'm biased. I just can't believe you saying that we have pitching and thats it. Like its not the most important thing in getting into the playoffs and going deep. You should know right since 2000 you have been to the playoffs 5 times been to the world series twice and NOTHING.
We do have Ortiz and Manny which are the best 1-2 combo in baseball, to go along with Beckett and Curt as the best 1-2 starters in baseball. Were looking amazing and you know it. -take it easy
Posted By: SC

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/26/06 02:30 PM

OK, Don Jasani and TonyWillLive. Don't say you haven't been warned. You each earned a two-day vacation from the boards for your repeated bullshit.

I suggest you use this vacation as a time to reflect on how you've responded to each other (badly) and as a time on how to use the "Report Post" feature in case you feel there has been an inappropriate post made.

You'll be able to start posting again on Friday, April 28th around noon, if you like.
Posted By: Don'tForgetTheCannolis

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/26/06 05:44 PM

it's been a long time since I was here. Why exactly did TonyWillLive get cut off? Seems to me Don Jasani is the one who needed to be punished

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/26/06 08:50 PM

The Red Sox definitley have a better chance at a pennant all around than the Blue Jays do, I'll tell ya that.
Toronto should worry about making the playoffs and advancing before winning a pennant anytime soon.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/28/06 07:51 PM

Tough outing for Beckett but he'll bounce back.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/28/06 09:45 PM

Quote:
Don Jasani in case you didn't know this is a sports thread. Leave your political shit for other threads we don't care about it here. JJ I kinda disagree with you but i'm biased. I just can't believe you saying that we have pitching and thats it. Like its not the most important thing in getting into the playoffs and going deep. You should know right since 2000 you have been to the playoffs 5 times been to the world series twice and NOTHING.
We do have Ortiz and Manny which are the best 1-2 combo in baseball, to go along with Beckett and Curt as the best 1-2 starters in baseball. Were looking amazing and you know it. -take it easy
What a homer. Schilling-Beckett the best 1-2 in baseball? Of the last few postseasons maybe!

The Red Sox have been to the World Series 5 times in 88 years and have only won one. What a ratio! 0-5 (with 4 the previous decade) vs. 5 appearances and a win in 88 years?

Remember kiddies, Homerism = Bad.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 04/30/06 09:57 PM

so what do numbers have to do with Schilling and Beckett and who in your mind is a better 1,2

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/02/06 02:27 AM

Ohh baby! I know its early but seeing Ortiz hit homers like that brings me back to '04. Nice win by the Sox tonight, good pitching from Wake to hold that lineup to 3 runs. Mirabelli looked nice behind the plate. Not bad at all for a team w/o ITS leadoff hitter. Can't wait to see ya back Coco.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/02/06 02:36 AM

ORTIZ IS THE MAN!!! gonna be a good year year for sox

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/02/06 02:40 AM

Mirabelli's such a bum. Sure he can catch Wakefield but people are holding up signs and cheering for him like he's a f*cking MVP candidate or something

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/02/06 02:42 AM

oh irishman u so jealous lol.all kidding aside the yanks had a so so night. the can and will do better, i wish them luck!

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/02/06 02:58 AM

i figured you woud say as much irishmen

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/02/06 07:09 AM

Quote:
i figured you woud say as much irishmen
Well please tell me what's so great about Doug Mirabelli other than the fact that he can catch a knuckleball pitcher

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/03/06 02:46 PM

What I meant was you have trouble admitting your team is flawed. If they lose you find something to complain about. I agree the Mirabelli thing was ridiculous but that had nothing to do with the game and what happend.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/03/06 04:55 PM

I don't have trouble saying the Yankees are flawed. EVERY team in MLB is flawed in 1 way or another, even the defending World Series Champions, the Chicago White Sox. I know the Yankees pitching is sucking it up right now. But again, it's not even 30 games into the season yet :p

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/03/06 05:10 PM

So again who can they trade to get someone? I don't think they have anyone.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/03/06 05:22 PM

All the Yankees need to be considered the heavy favorite to win their division, IMO, is another solid and reliable starting pitcher, and, like every other team in the majors, they have several solid prospects to use as trade bait.

They could pry Dontrelle Willis away from the Marlins and, although I expect Oakland to contend, if they don't they might be able to get Zito away from the A's.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/03/06 06:41 PM

Hey statman you really think the Yankees have prospects to trade away? I looked at MiLB.com for most recent Top 50 Prospects. Your bombers only have 1 and if memory serves he was in the 40's and he was a pitcher. Don't even tell me that teams are willing to trade for that.

Hanley Ramirez who is in the Top 10 of that list was traded for Josh Beckett. You can shove Chien-Meng Wang to the minors that guy is 1-7 when the Yankees don't score 6 runs. So don't tell me they can package 2 or 3 guys for a player like Zito or Willis!

I'm guessing the Yanks kill the ball in a historic way. It may carry them to the playoffs it may not. I feel the AL as a whole is full of talented teams, I think the A's, Indians, White Sox, Yankees, Blue Jays and Red Sox have great teams and could beat any of the other in a series. The Rangers, Twins, are legit. The Tigers are playing well but I can't say for sure. What I mean is teams are gonna get beat up more than usual.

This will all change at the Trade Deadline when teams aquire other talent. The Red Sox are loaded with prospects to pick up someone very talented like a Zito or Willis. I don't want to see them do this however b/c these prospects are really to good to let go.

Hope we can get this game in tonight, Halladay vs Beckett would be great.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/03/06 08:11 PM

First of all, they're not "my Bombers" :rolleyes:

I'm far from a Yankee fan. I merely look at things objectively rather than through the tinted glasses of "Homerism" and "FAN-atacism".

As I just wrote

"like every other team in the majors, they have several solid prospects to use as trade bait."

That doesn't mean that I think the Yanks will automatically be the favorites to acquire Willis or Zito, or that they have the best prospects available to do so.

It means that they, along with any number of other teams, have the potential to pick up either one, depending on what they are willing to offer.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/03/06 08:35 PM

Quote:
So again who can they trade to get someone? I don't think they have anyone.
And again as I've said they have Wang, Chacon, Cano, Philips, Hughes, etc. And let us NOT forget that they don't need prospects to sign Clemens (which as plaw said, all they need is another solid starter to seriously contend for the title). All they need is money, and we all know they have plenty of it!

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/03/06 10:25 PM

Lets start with Statman. You act like just because teams have minor league players they will automatically be able to get a good player. You think the Yankees have prospects to get a Zito or Willis? well live up to your nick name plawrence show me some STATS that proves the Marlins or the A's would trade their guys.
As for you Irishmen I expect little out of you. Did you not read my post!? I'll say it louder. WANG SUCKS HE IS 1-7 WHEN THEY YANKEES DON'T SCORE ATLEAST 6 RUNS!!! do you know what that means? i'll explain it, it means that if the Yankees score 5 runs or less they LOSE 7 out of 8 times when WANG is on the mound.
Here is another one, YOU HAVE NO GOOD PROSPECTS only one in the TOP 50. As for Clemens. Houston will get him, they just offered him $12 million for 4 months of work. So forget about it.
-Irishmen come back with something next time, please. I get tired of typing the same thing.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/03/06 11:48 PM

Quote:
[QB] Lets start with Statman. You act like just because teams have minor league players they will automatically be able to get a good player.
It helps.

Quote:
Here is another one, YOU HAVE NO GOOD PROSPECTS only one in the TOP 50.
A top 50 of what? Some schmucky website?

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/04/06 12:03 AM

Yea real shumky? website. It was MiLB.com The offical Web site for Minor league baseball. Check it out.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/news/top50/y2006.jsp?content=1

-I would like to add that I was wrong in my earlier post of Hanley Ramirez he is actually ranked in the low 30's and not in the top 10 as I said before.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/04/06 12:07 AM

"Homer"
Noun
def. - Someone who shows blind loyalty to a team or organization, typically ignoring any shortcomings or faults they have.

"That guy is a total Red Sox homer, they haven't done anything good all season!"

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/04/06 12:26 AM

Again, top 50 of what? It could be on CNN, NBC, WWE, MSNBC, BBC, ABC, CBS, NRA, etc. for all that I could care. It's just opinions.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/04/06 02:29 AM

I posted the site check it out. Or be in denial.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/04/06 06:30 AM

Quote:
As for you Irishmen I expect little out of you. Did you not read my post!? I'll say it louder. WANG SUCKS HE IS 1-7 WHEN THEY YANKEES DON'T SCORE ATLEAST 6 RUNS!!! do you know what that means? i'll explain it, it means that if the Yankees score 5 runs or less they LOSE 7 out of 8 times when WANG is on the mound.
Here is another one, YOU HAVE NO GOOD PROSPECTS only one in the TOP 50. As for Clemens. Houston will get him, they just offered him $12 million for 4 months of work. So forget about it.
-Irishmen come back with something next time, please. I get tired of typing the same thing.
It's ok, I expect even less outta you. I mean, you're a boston fan, right? So you're basing Wang on a couple of outting thus far this year. So I guess we can cancel Doug Mirabeli off of our MVP lists because he didn't have ONE good game against the Yanks?? And as you so convinently failed to do was notice the OTHER prospects I had listed above :rolleyes: But no, for some reason (probably because YOU think it makes your argument "stronger") you focus on one guy in Wang. Who's boston got that's so incredibly on fire that Florida will just hand over Willis or Oakland Zito? Let's seem them STATSBOY. They better be in the top 50 of they don't "count"

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/04/06 08:15 AM

Quote:
Lets start with Statman. You act like just because teams have minor league players they will automatically be able to get a good player. You think the Yankees have prospects to get a Zito or Willis? well live up to your nick name plawrence show me some STATS that proves the Marlins or the A's would trade their guys.
I don't have to show you any "STATS" to make my point here, which you seemingly are missing.

It's not a question of which team has the best prospects.

The Yankees may have the best, they may have the second best, they may have the 15th best, or they may have the worst.

Same thing for Boston, but it doesn't make any difference.

The question is "Which team is willing to offer the most for a pitcher like Zito or Willis?"

If the Marlins are determined to get rid of Willis in a salary dump, it doesn't matter if the Yankees have better prospects in their system or if the Red Sox do.

If the Red Sox don't offer prospects who are as good as those that the Yankees are offering, then Florida will make a deal with the Yankees, or whichever team is making them the best offer.

If the Red Sox have the best prospects in the world but aren't offering them, and the Yankees have the 20th best prospects in the world but are offering them, and those prospects are better than those being offered by any other team, then if Florida is determined to dump Willis they are gonna make a deal with the Yankees.

I'm not arguing which team has the better prospects here - that's not the issue. All teams have players in their system who are considered bona fide major league caliber prospects.

The issue is what are they willing to give up.

Look at the Mets. There was speculation about them trading Lastings Milledge for Zito.

I have a feeling that Oakland would grab that deal in a second, but I don't think that the Mets are gonna offer them Lastings Milledge for Zito.

Milledge may very well be a better prospect than anyone the Yankees or the Red Sox have, but what difference does that make if the Mets aren't offering him?

The Yankees have shown historically that they are not afraid to deal players who are considered their top prospects for players who can help them win now.

If the prospects that the Yankees offer are better than those that the Red Sox are offering, then if the Red Sox have better prospects that they are NOT offering, it doesn't matter.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/04/06 10:19 PM

Quote:
I posted the site check it out. Or be in denial.
Be in denial of what, may I ask? This from the guy who says that the Red Sox are the deepest team in Major League Baseball?

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/05/06 01:19 AM

So in your opinion Plawrence the Yankees can get Zito or Willis simply by offering anything? If their prospects aren't any good or worth the value of a Zito or Willis why would Florida or Oakland do it? I understand your point that if they offer something decent and better than another team, however I don't think the Yankees have anyone to trade. Peter Gammons mentioned their farm system as being very weak in Spring Training.

"It's ok, I expect even less outta you. I mean, you're a boston fan, right? So you're basing Wang on a couple of outting thus far this year. So I guess we can cancel Doug Mirabeli off of our MVP lists because he didn't have ONE good game against the Yanks?? And as you so convinently failed to do was notice the OTHER prospects I had listed above But no, for some reason (probably because YOU think it makes your argument "stronger") you focus on one guy in Wang. Who's boston got that's so incredibly on fire that Florida will just hand over Willis or Oakland Zito? Let's seem them STATSBOY. They better be in the top 50 of they don't "count"

Your really hamper on Doug Mirabelli uh? A couple of outings with Wang? His career numbers are 1-7 when they Yankees don't score 6 runs. Check it, if you don't believe me its true. The prospects you mentioned before? yea I remember them but they don't amount a lot, seriously. Ask yourself if you were in Florida or Oaklands shoes, would you make a deal for some of the guys on the Yankees?

You really want to know who the Red Sox have in their minor leagues? Jon Lester, Craig Hansen to name a few of their Top Guys. I gave you the website to check it out so here it is for the last time -MiLB.COM- you got that buddy thats M as for March, i is for Innings, L is for Loser, B is for Bat . com. You can do it.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/05/06 01:57 AM

Quote:
So in your opinion Plawrence the Yankees can get Zito or Willis simply by offering anything? If their prospects aren't any good or worth the value of a Zito or Willis why would Florida or Oakland do it? I understand your point that if they offer something decent and better than another team, however I don't think the Yankees have anyone to trade. Peter Gammons mentioned their farm system as being very weak in Spring Training.
No, that is not at all what I said.

What I did say was - paraphrasing here - that if the Marlins (or the A's) were determined to unload Willis (or Zito) in a salary dump, and if the prospects that the Yankees offered were better than those offered by another team, then they would make a deal with the Yankees.

Nowhere did I say that the Yankees could acquire Willis or Zito "simply by offering anything."

If the prospects that the Yankees offer are so weak that another team can make a better offer if they choose to, then obviously the Marlins or A's will make a deal with them, not the Yanks.

Whether or not the Yankees do have prospects who are good enough to make the deal, and whether or not the Yankees are willing to offer those prospects remains to be seen.

But I think that Duncan and Wang and maybe another mid-level prospect or two to get Willis might work for Florida, depending upon what other teams offer.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/05/06 02:05 AM

So i guess were gonna agree to disagree. I don't think the Yankees have prospects and you do. So lets end this cause it can go back forth for a while.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/05/06 02:18 AM

What exactly did I say that you disagree with?

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/05/06 02:24 AM

In my opinion the Yankees don't have anything that they could give up to get guys like a Willis or Zito. It doesn't matter what they offer or how much it won't be enough in my opinion.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/05/06 02:29 AM

Fair enough.

I just wanted to make sure you understood what I was saying.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/05/06 05:59 AM

Quote:
Your really hamper on Doug Mirabelli uh? A couple of outings with Wang? His career numbers are 1-7 when they Yankees don't score 6 runs. Check it, if you don't believe me its true. The prospects you mentioned before? yea I remember them but they don't amount a lot, seriously. Ask yourself if you were in Florida or Oaklands shoes, would you make a deal for some of the guys on the Yankees?
And your really hampering on Wang, so what's your point? And as for your question, if I were Florida or Oakland, YES I would make a deal with the Yankees. Better to get Cano, Wang, Hughes or any of the other guys listed above instead of lossing Zito or Willis to free agency (not sure when Dontrelle is up but Zito is this coming winter). But to get something than nothing brother

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/07/06 03:36 PM

Well Irishmen I see your point and it makes sense. My feeling is that another team will offer more. Went to the game last night against the O's man they suck! If you think back to when they got Tejada in my opinion that is when I thought they were on the rise. Now they don't seem to be going anywhere.
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/07/06 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
It's ok, I expect even less outta you. I mean, you're a boston fan, right? So you're basing Wang on a couple of outting thus far this year.
and you are basing Wang on what??? a couple of outings last year. this guy is not worth a dime. I'll repeat myself, I think he's a #5 Yankees starter at his best, IF he avoid a total shame. I just can not understand how Yankee fans still illude themselves with Wang, Small and Chacon. well, actually, I do understand...

Quote:
And as you so convinently failed to do was notice the OTHER prospects I had listed above :rolleyes: (...)
are you talking about Wang, Chacon, Cano, Phillips and Hughes??? this might be the list of the worst prospects in baseball.

now calm down Irish, I'm not totally against you. :p is just that a Yankees fan and a Red Sox fan have different views about baseball from the rest of the world. that's what I mean when I said "well, actually, I do understand..." above. if Wang or Chacon or Small or Cano were on the Red Sox, you'd laugh at them and say they were the worst players on earth.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/09/06 02:38 AM

Lets get ready for tomorrow boys were headed to NY. It's time we shoot them in the belly, spill their guts, were gunna murder those lousy Yankees bastards, by the bushle. Were gunna use their guts to grease the treads of our tanks and ride them out till we clinch that AL East title! LETS GO SOX!

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/10/06 03:04 AM

Looks like the Sox came to play tonight. Beckett was really good 10k's! Not to mention the "Big Unit" only lasted 3.1 innings HA. 14 runs scored where were the bats we heard about?

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/10/06 03:05 AM

sox ran all over the yanks. rj looked real bad. what can i say my sox came to play and play they did

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/11/06 05:49 AM

Yanks spank Schilling

Yanks win 7-3

What ya gotta say TonyWillLive
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/11/06 12:24 PM

Much as I LOVE watching the Yanks beat the Sox ... I have a little bit of a soft spot in my heart for Curt Schilling, ever since the morning after winning the 2004 World Series he told everyone (in a Good Morning America interview) to '...get out and vote, and vote for George W. Bush.'

Funny how they're now comparing him to Randy Johnson in terms of being a bit past his prime. Mostly due to the back-to-back losses I suppose.

Apple

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/11/06 12:57 PM

What back-to-back losses?

Boston hasn't lost two games in a row with Schilling as the starter since July of 2004.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/11/06 01:04 PM

I think Apple is implying that Randy Johnson lost and is being called past his prime, and now Schilling lost and the same is being said about him?

Though I'll let Apple clarify.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/11/06 01:32 PM

Yes Double-J, you are correct.

Basic text of what I've been hearing on the radio this morning:

"Like his former teammate Randy Johnson the night before, Curt Schilling got trounced last night and let's face it neither has the stuff they used to have."

Also there were references to the ages of both men, Shilling about to turn 40 and Randy in his early 40's - something like that.

Apple

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/11/06 02:45 PM

well I didn't know Curt ever said that. that makes me a little bit less of a fan of him. I don't use to judge people for their opinions but I could change that when they say they like Georgey Bush.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/11/06 03:00 PM

To be honest, I can completely understand where you're coming from Tony Mosrite...I can only hope to GOD we never see the day when Derek Jeter comes out and endorses Hillary Clinton, or for that matter anybody equally on the left.

Apple

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/11/06 06:37 PM

Tough loss last night. The Yanks lineup is really good. Lets see them hit that fucking knuckleball though. To the real leader of the Sox "Get these fuckers out!" My prediction: 6-3 Red Sox

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/12/06 03:25 AM

Great game tonight! Papelbon was great.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/15/06 02:34 PM

Hey we may get to see some baseball today go get 'em Beckett.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/16/06 09:35 PM

What a game! The O's SUCK. They may worse than the Devil Rays if thats possible. Oh yea heres to the Mets trade of Zambrano for Kazmir...Good Call.
Posted By: reynols

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/16/06 11:36 PM

mets were the ones who originally dished out kazmir

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/20/06 03:56 PM

Hey guy above me we all know that. I said it in the post before you.

Nice win against a very hot phillies team last night. Ryan Howard scares the shit out of me when hes up at bat. Clement looked solid.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/24/06 03:24 AM

Heres hoping we take 2 out of 3.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 05/24/06 06:00 AM

Damon smacked a home run in front of the "Fenway Faithful" I bet you he heard it from the crowd

Re: Boston Red Sox - 06/06/06 03:21 AM

How'd you enjoy that a$$ kicking beantown!? 13-5 and the Yanks move into first. Another steller performance by Moose and I was so happy to see Josh Beckett leave after just 1 1/3 after giving up 8 runs

Re: Boston Red Sox - 06/09/06 05:51 PM

Nice win last night by our Sox. Look for the Sox to go on run over the next 3 weeks.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 06/09/06 06:16 PM

Quote:
Look for the Sox to go on run over the next 3 weeks.
Why?

Re: Boston Red Sox - 06/22/06 12:38 AM

sometimes you just get a feeling like when the Yankees were down by two to the Braves in '96 didn't you get the feeling that they were going to come back? well thats what i'm talking about.

-By the way the Boston Red Sox are 8-5 since I posted that prediction however they have won 5 straight. Next week against the Mets will be a real test to the advantage the AL has on the NL. What i'm trying to say is you have the best team in the NL against one of the best in the AL.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 06/25/06 06:37 PM

Eight in a row for the Sox.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 06/28/06 04:22 AM

10 IN A ROW BABY!!!!!!!!!

Re: Boston Red Sox - 06/28/06 05:08 AM

Don't worry, they'll go on a cold streak as well

Re: Boston Red Sox - 06/28/06 06:45 AM

Depends what you call a "cold streak".

For a contender like the Red Sox, a cold strak could mean a 10 or 20 game stretch when they play .500 ball or slightly worse, which is about what the Yankees are doing right now (they've lost 11 of their last 19, a .421 pace.)

I don't expect the kind of cold streak in which they lose 8 or 9 out of 10 or 15 or 16 out of 20 or anything like that.

That just doesn't happen to teams that are as good as the Sox.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 06/30/06 03:20 AM

-12 in a row baby

-15 games w/o an error!

Re: Boston Red Sox - 08/22/06 12:41 AM

Well not much you can say as a Red Sox fan these days, I was at the game today. But I have to show up and take my lumps like a man. It'll be tough to come back from this one the hope in my opinion is to bring it within 4-5 games when we head into the Bronx.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 08/22/06 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
I don't expect the kind of cold streak in which they lose 8 or 9 out of 10 or 15 or 16 out of 20 or anything like that.

That just doesn't happen to teams that are as good as the Sox.
6 wins, 13 losses since August 1st.

Re: Boston Red Sox - 08/23/06 02:41 AM

I see Dustin Pedroia is making his debut as the Sox's SS. with everything going wrong, all the Red Sox have left is their prospects and this guy is their last big hope in the farm system that hasn't been traded away or that is already struggling in the mound. (except the guy is named Jon Papelbon).

well he just GIDP with the bases loaded and 1 out in his first AB ever while I was writting this :p . unassisted double play by Orlando Cabrera
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET