Home

World Cup Fantasy Game

Posted By: Turi Giuliano

World Cup Fantasy Game - 03/26/06 02:39 PM

Only 75 days to go.

I wanted to gauge the interest of a possible fantasy game we could have. I've had a little look around and so far ESPN look like they'll be hosting a fantasy game where you basically just pick the winners of each game. Hopefully Yahoo will do something too.

To make it a worthwhile I'd hope to get at least 5 players. So what say you? Post if you're interested and if there's enough interest I'll set up a league nearer the time.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: World Cup Fantasy Game - 03/26/06 03:47 PM

Hmm, I don't know... I know absolutely nothing about it. But if ESPN has something, I'll look into it -- uber, baby!
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: World Cup Fantasy Game - 03/26/06 06:42 PM

Since this is soccer, I'm willing to participate, but I know jack shit about fantasy sports.
Is it just some sort of online gambling without actual money? And how much time do you have to spend on it?

Re: World Cup Fantasy Game - 03/26/06 07:11 PM

Don't worry Enzo, the one on ESPN sounds really simple - basically picking the winners for all the games. When it gets nearer to the time I'll read into it some more. I'm assuming the winner will be the one with the most throughout the whole tournament. You wont need to spend too much time but the tournement lasts about a 4 weeks. You'll probably need to make your picks 2 or 3 times a week but it'll be upto you how much effort you want to make into your picks. You'll enjoy it, it's just a friendly competition between BB members for bragging rights. If our winner is lucky, JG might list him/her with the other game winners at the top of the sports forum.

Haha, didn't think you'd be interested in this JG. You and your bloody uber. Mind you, you should be following the USA. Hey, you may even like it.
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: World Cup Fantasy Game - 03/26/06 07:46 PM

Okay, I'm in.

Re: World Cup Fantasy Game - 03/28/06 10:18 AM

Nice one. How about Jasani, Mick, De Niro, Yogi, Senza, and all you other hoolligans?
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: World Cup Fantasy Game - 03/28/06 06:54 PM

Checked the site out and submitted my email, it's a bit too early to join I think but it looks like a pretty cool game that is straightforward and easy to play. I can't wait to see all the reactions when Iran wins it all and we have some big parties up here in Toronto. :p
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: World Cup Fantasy Game - 03/28/06 11:56 PM

I'm in!
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: World Cup Fantasy Game - 03/30/06 06:27 PM

Count me in Turi!
just remind me nearer the time cos i have a terrible memory
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET