Home

G-I-A-N-T-S !!!!

Posted By: Don Cardi

G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/07/05 12:14 AM

BIG BLUE 6 and 2 !!!!!

Don Cardi
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/07/05 12:23 AM

I was worried for awhile in the 3rd quarter.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/07/05 12:24 AM

They seem to be playing a heck of a game this season. I watched last week's game on tv and Tiki looked amazing. And think, he could have gotten more then 206 yards if he stayed in the whole game.

I was especially pleased with their win this week beings I have Eli Manning on my Gridiron football roster.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/07/05 12:50 AM

Yeah, like Beth, I saw last weeks domination over the 'skins and the Giants look to have a good season under their belt. Eli's taken the reigns and is doing superb, Tiki is running well and that (who I called the best second receiver in the league whilst at Pittsburgh) Burress is proving he's a first go to receiver, whoever's at QB.
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/07/05 01:26 AM

Yea baby Im lovin it!

Just about everybody has been stepping it up. If things stay on this track, the Giants WILL win the division (Which is the toughest division in the NFL).
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/07/05 01:28 AM

I don't want to believe what I'm seeing. The offensive line is protecting and opening holes. It appears that the defense is starting to find a rythmn. Oh can it be true!?

They have to stop with the stupid penalties.
Posted By: Samer

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/07/05 03:18 AM

They beat my NINERS

We still got you in the playoffs in 02
Posted By: Jimmy Buffer

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/13/05 07:03 PM

Wow. This Giants team has to be the worst 6-2 team in NFL history. I'm forced to watch the Vikings game every single week, and this still has been one of the worst NFL games I've seen in awhile. That's saying something when we're talking about the Vikes. As usual, the Vikings are trying their hardest to lose the game, but the Giants seem to be even more inept. I think we can put to rest all the "Is Eli better than Peyton?" speculation for awhile. I'm glad I grabbed Eli this week in our salary cap football game. :rolleyes:

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/13/05 07:25 PM

This may be the worse performance that I've seen by the Giants Offense since last season. Simply FLAT!

Jimmy, I don't know about them being the worst 6 and 2 team. That's stretching it a bit.

As for comparing Eli to Payton, I agree. That sort of speculation is very premature. Eli has long way to go to get there.

Don Cardi

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/13/05 08:23 PM

Don't worry, DC, I'm aware they aren't the worst 6-2 team ever. I don't think there is any way of ever knowing that. Just a little hyperbole. I'm just shocked at how the game has transpired. Good football teams don't come out and play like this against bad teams. Good football teams do lose games they should win from time to time, but not in this fashion. Why don't the Giants just punt the ball out of bounds as soon as they get it. The Vikings offense is incapable of scoring. Oh well, at least the Vikings still have a chance to lose it, because the Giants sure as hell aren't going to win it.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/13/05 09:27 PM

First time in NFL history a team has scored by a punt return, kickoff return, and interception return in the same game.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/14/05 12:38 AM

And to the Vikings no less! All I can say is the Vikings were 1-23 in their last 24 road games coming into today. No way should they have even played the Giants close.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/14/05 12:49 AM

Just one of those unexplainable mojo things.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/14/05 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Buffer:
Wow. This Giants team has to be the worst 6-2 team in NFL history. I'm forced to watch the Vikings game every single week, and this still has been one of the worst NFL games I've seen in awhile. That's saying something when we're talking about the Vikes. As usual, the Vikings are trying their hardest to lose the game, but the Giants seem to be even more inept. I think we can put to rest all the "Is Eli better than Peyton?" speculation for awhile. I'm glad I grabbed Eli this week in our salary cap football game. :rolleyes:
Since INT's don't count in the game, Eli's numbers this week turned out quite decent. :rolleyes:

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/14/05 09:52 PM

That loss really hurt. Instead of facing Philly with a 7 - 2 record, now they face Philly with a 6 - 3 record which baically makes the Philly game a MUST WIN game for the Jints.

And not for nothing, but why in the world does Coughlin call a play that has Eli QUICKLY spiking the ball with plenty of time left? Make another play, let the clock run down more, then if you don't score on that play or unable to stop the clock by getting out of bounds, THEN you call the SPIKE the ball play. Very confused with that call. Had they not spiked the ball and let some more time come off the clock before they scored, Minnesota is not left with that much time to drive down and kick that field goal.

And what the hell was Shockey thinking when Eli's arm got hit and the ball looked as though it had been fumbled? There was no whistle and yet Shockey runs next to the 3 Viking players who are going after the ball for a possible recovery and Shocky never even attempts to get the ball but runs next to them clapping his hands! You play that ball until you hear a whistle!

Special Teams, well what can I say except

Bad Offense, questionable coaching, disgraceful special teams play, and a Defense that played well enough for a team to win every weak.

I hope Coughlin whips their asses in practice today.

Terrible loss. Just terrible.

Don Cardi

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/14/05 09:57 PM

Coughlin was on with Franscesa & Russo this afternoon, and they asked him about the spike play.

He said that he felt it was worth it to give up the down in order to assure that they were completely well organized for the next play.

Since the scored on that next play, he felt he made the right decision.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/14/05 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:

Since the scored on that next play, he felt he made the right decision.
So basically he called that play to get the time to set up the next play. But my thinking at the time was to take a shot at another play and let the clock run down at the same time. If the play is successful but falls short of the end zone, then you've run down the clock some more and then you can spike the ball and set up a scoring play. Or if they take a shot at the endzone and score, they've still run down the clock and hopefully have not left enough time for Minny to drive and kick a possible field goal. That was my feeling at the time he called the spike. I'm thinking score and run down the clock at the same time.

But he's the one on the sidelines and we're the ones posting on the boards.

Don Cardi

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/14/05 10:49 PM

At least you didn't say that you could coach the Giants better than Coughlin, like Don Smitty said he could manage the Yankees.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/16/05 07:15 AM

R.I.P. Robert Tisch

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/25/05 01:42 PM

Ron Dayne did more for the GIANTS yesterday against Dallas than he did as an actual GIANTS player!

No excuses now. This Sunday their destiny is in their own hands.

GO BLUE!

Don Cardi

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/25/05 02:30 PM

The Giants-Dallas scenario is interesting.

A Dallas win yesterday could've practically locked up the division for them.

Now, even if the Giants lose on Sunday (likely, I think), they're still far from out of it.

They'd be tied with Dallas at 7-4, and their remaining schedule, excluding next week's game with Dallas (@Phila, KC, @Wash, @Oak) looks about the same difficulty-wise (if not a bit easier) as the Cowboys (KC, @Wash, @Carolina, StL).

So the biggie for them would seem to be next week.

Assuming that they lose to Seattle, if they lose to Dallas also they'd be a game behind the Cowboys with Dallas holding the tiebreaker even if the Giants do make up the one game behind.

If they lose to Seattle and beat the Ciowbys next week, and both teams finish with the same record, it would come down to the next tiebreaker after head-to-head, which is what? Divison record? Conference record? Points differential in their two games? Record against common opponents?

Of course if one of them suffers an unexpected loss, then all of the above is subject to change.

I must admit that the Giants have surprised me this year. Coming of off Eli's unimpressive finish last season, I figured they'd do well to go 8-8 this year, or, at best 9-7.
Posted By: Raulito

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/26/05 06:25 AM

Don't count my boys Santana and Mark out... it aint over til the fat lady sings. GO REDSKINS

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/28/05 01:26 AM

Jay Feely better get his ass into hiding, because if I find his ass, he's fucking dead
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/28/05 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
Jay Feely better get his ass into hiding, because if I find his ass, he's fucking dead
I realize you are joking but you realize the guy probably will be getting death threats over that? It's a game, let it go.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/28/05 01:33 AM

I was kidding, but he missed 3 game winning field goals from distances that were more than make-able. He deserves every bit of scrutiny he receives in the next week.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/28/05 01:36 AM

Quote:
I was kidding, but he missed 3 game winning field goals from distances that were more than make-able. He deserves every bit of scrutiny he receives in the next week.
Scrutiny yes, death threats no.
Posted By: goombah

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/28/05 01:42 AM

As an impartial viewer of the Giants-Seattle game, I have the following comments:

Holmgren is an idiot with his play-calling. On Seattle's last drive in regulation and first drive in OT, he put the ball in Alexander's hands one time. And that was negated by a holding call. How in HELL do you not give the ball to the league's leading rusher? If, for no other reason, to run the clock down in regulation and give yourself better field position.

Had Feely not missed at the end of regulation, Holmgren would have been 2nd guessed all week. And I didn't agree with NY's decision on the 1st OT field goal attempt - it was over 50 yds. He should have punted it and pinned Seattle.

Like I said, I don't have a rooting interest either way. But Seattle is lucky to be 10-2.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/28/05 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by goombah:

Had Feely not missed at the end of regulation, Holmgren would have been 2nd guessed all week. And I didn't agree with NY's decision on the 1st OT field goal attempt - it was over 50 yds. He should have punted it and pinned Seattle.
I agree. He should have punted. From what the announcers were saying about his kicking in warm-ups, he had no chance of making a 54 yarder today. I don't understand how he was short on the 44 yarder. I don't know how the Giants prep for Dallas after a loss like this. I have a bad feeling about next week now.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/28/05 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Raulito:
Don't count my boys Santana and Mark out... it aint over til the fat lady sings. GO REDSKINS
It's over now.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/28/05 02:54 AM

We can all pick apart various plays that were called and decisions that were made.

But the bottom line is that Feeley had THREE, count em, THREE ooportunities to win that game for the GIANTS, and he choked on everyone of them!

THe penalties where just outrageous! The Giants play a more disciplined game penaltywise and it doesn't even come down to OT.

But still, the bottom line is that Feeley sucked the big one today.

Made me F**KING sick!

Don Cardi
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/28/05 03:16 AM

I don't care about penalties, etc, all the bullshit. Jay Feely needed to make a Field Goal, that is HIS JOB, and he didn't, despite having 3 (2, really) chances. It's his fault.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/28/05 03:19 AM

I'm looking at it this way, there is a "next week". If this was a playoff game, I'd need to get on a plane and take a vacation. Fortunately it wasn't, and we still have a chance to take control of the NFC East next week. Something no Giant fan could have predicted at the start of the season.
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/28/05 03:27 AM

Man, the New York Media will be whiney for the next few days, and Sports Media...oh God, imagine the angry death/injury threats from Giants fans:

"Feeley missed 3 kicks! Well, I won't miss my kicks when I beat his ass!"

:p

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/28/05 03:36 AM

For most of the season Feely was perfect on his kick attempts, and nailed all his kickoffs deep. He was considered the best thing since Pat Summerall. Now the fans want to string him up at the stadium next week. He blew the game this week, but the fans need to get over it and move on. They can't boo the shit out of him when he comes in for his first kick next week. It will not do anything to help his or the Giants' cause. The morons on one Giants' forum say he shouldn't be allowed on the Giants' flight, and be released. :rolleyes:

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/28/05 10:27 AM

Damnit. Idiot me goes to bed early during the 4th of this game. The video will be set for tonights proper game.

Why can't New York teams kick field goals when it matters. :p

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 11/28/05 08:40 PM

Sadly, the kicker gets the spotlight and it's burning REAL bright. It does seem unfair to blast him. How about Petit-goof with his 5 false starts - 11 for the team. They might not have needed a FG if those penalties were eliminated. If, if if...if.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/04/05 08:47 PM

Feely SUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Cardi

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/04/05 09:45 PM

God, what a win . Eli looked pretty shaky, but at least they still pulled it off thank god. If the defense keeps it up, and Barber keeps having a really good season, then the Giants should definetly be headed for the playoffs.

BTW... I still hate Jay Feely

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/04/05 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b]Feely SUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]
He was great for 10 weeks, and terrible for 2. I don't know what the Giants' options are. He has a mental block now.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/05/05 07:08 AM

Quote:
God, what a win . Eli looked pretty shaky, but at least they still pulled it off thank god. If the defense keeps it up, and Barber keeps having a really good season, then the Giants should definetly be headed for the playoffs.

BTW... I still hate Jay Feely
I'm just glad the cowgirls lost to the Giants!

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/05/05 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] [b]Feely SUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/b]
He was great for 10 weeks, and terrible for 2. I don't know what the Giants' options are. He has a mental block now. [/b][/quote]I know Lou. I was just so Focking disgusted when he hit the upright! Look at the time I made the post. Fustration!

Feely is still one of the premiere kickers in FB. He'll get over this mental block. He needs to boot a long one or a game winner, and he'll be over it.

Don Cardi

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/05/05 04:15 PM

The only thing that will help him is a good game where he kicks
3 for 3, or 4 for 4.
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/05/05 11:09 PM

Did u see Shockey wide open in the end zone the other day against Dallas, and Manning just over throws him!

DS

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/10/05 03:13 PM

Just a generic question for NYers. I was wondered how you chose you NY teams to support? In England if we've got two teams for a city the real fans will choose the team which is closer to them. Liverpool, for example, has two teams - Everton and Liverpool and their stadiums are seperated by a park. Whichever side of the park you grow up in decided whether you're blue or red.

But NY play in NJ. I can only assume it's the way you're brought up, your family supports them and that's passed along?

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/10/05 04:41 PM

My family had NY Giants' Season Tickets from before I was born, so I really had no choice.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/12/05 12:44 AM

I guess he redeemed himself

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/12/05 02:15 AM

I'm writing out the check for playoff tickets right now.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/12/05 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
I can only assume it's the way you're brought up, your family supports them and that's passed along?
Yes. My dad was a die hard Giants fan and he took me to many games when I was growing up. So I grew up rooting for the GIANTS.

Quote:
I'm writing out the check for playoff tickets right now.
After that game, I'm writing out a check for some heart medication right now!

I already can't wait until next week.

Don Cardi

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/12/05 02:47 AM

Eli better start playing better. He's been bad too many games lately.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/12/05 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
Just a generic question for NYers. I was wondered how you chose you NY teams to support?
I grew up in the era of Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra, Whitey Ford...so I was a Yankee fan. The Giants and Dodgers were moving to California, so good riddance. Then the Mets came along, but I was the right age to become a Yankee fan; 8-12 years old from 1956-1960, good years for Yankees and Giant fans. The Football Giants played in Yankee stadium at the same time, so the baseball Yankees and football Giants were like a match. My father was a big football fan of the Giants, so that influenced my allegiance. I also liked Frank Gifford; handsome, virile, suave and a good football player.

Mets-Jets go together also since they evolved at about the same time and played in Shea Stadium. Since Shea is on the east side of Manhattan, a lot of folks from that side of NY (Queens and Long Island) are Mets-Jets fans.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/12/05 09:45 PM

Quote:
Eli better start playing better. He's been bad too many games lately.
It's not that he played that badly yesterday, it's just that when he did make a bad play or mistake, it was a crucial one! So it naturally stands out.

He finished the day 28 of 44 for 312 yards and rushed for a 1-yard score and threw a touchdown pass. The interceptions that he threw were horrible and costly, no question. But his stats were impressive. He needs to, and I believe he will, learn how to cut down on those crucial mistakes. It will come with experience.

He impresses me with his poise on the field and his ability to move up in the pocket at times when he is getting pressure from the backside and around him. His instincts are not something that can be taught. There is no doubt in my mind that this kid is a natural.

Overall the kid, at times, looks like a seasoned veteran and other times he can look like a rookie in training. I think that we forget that he is really still just a kid learning the postition as a pro. IMO he's going to be one of the leagues best in a few more years.

Don Cardi

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/12/05 11:27 PM

Well said, DC. I concur. Sometimes he has the accuracy of Dave Brown, but you can see the potential developing. We can't possibly know what its like out there. The speed of the game must be incredible to deal with.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/13/05 12:49 PM

I agree he'll be great, and is farther along than I could have hoped for. His accuracy has to improve though, and if the Giants want to go anywhere in the playoffs, he has stop throwing the ball to the other team in crucial situations. The only number that stands out from Sunday is the 3 interceptions thrown late in the ball game.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/18/05 01:36 AM

10 - 4 G-I-A-N-T-S ...................GIANTS!!!!!!!!!

TIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Cardi

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/18/05 02:12 AM

Just about clinches it.

Hell Yea GMEN!!

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/18/05 02:15 AM

Congrats Giants! I'm so happy for them. I loved it because 3 out of the 4 "experts" in the CBS booth (Dan Marino, Shannon Sharpe and Boomer) ALL picked K.C. to win

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/18/05 03:07 AM

Yeah, since no one ever picks a wrong winner. :rolleyes: :p Nice win for the Giants, this means the 'Skins game will have playoff implications, no doubt.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/18/05 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
Yeah, since no one ever picks a wrong winner. :rolleyes: :p
Sure they can be wrong but I think it's pretty funny when not 1 of them picked the Giants. I just like seeing the "experts" be wrong (especially former players)

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/18/05 03:40 AM

I'll agree on the experts part, though. There are no experts. Pfft.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/18/05 05:19 AM

It's also always funny to see after the game back in the studio, all the "experts" who said the team would loss, recant their statements and never really "admit" they were wrong or underestimated them.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/18/05 11:29 AM

Ti-Ki, MVP. Ti-Ki, MVP.

He has quietly established himself as a premier running back. Some of his runs yesterday were quite amazing. They guy doesn't stop. Hats off to Plax B. for throwing some great blocks too, 3 on one play.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/18/05 12:47 PM

I love you New York Giants.

Hopefully tonight I'll love Indy too.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/24/05 09:36 PM

First off Plaxico MUST make that catch in the endzone on the opening drive. if he does, then it's a totally different game.

Will Allen. When are they going to get rid of this f**king guy? he sucks!

The officiating was like a 12th man on the field for the Redskins. Roughing the passer? Give me a damn break. The guy didn't even hit the QB, he wrapped his arms around him and clearly held up. This call gives the Skins a first down which leads to a TD.

Then they call a bullshit holding on the Giants and take the touchdown away from them?

Combine these two calls and what it adds up to is a 14 point swing for the Skins. Give the Skins an automatic first down which leads to a TD and take a way a TD from the Giants with that shit holding call and there you have it. 14 points in favor of the Skins.

Then to add salt to the wound, after making a bullshit holding call like that, a bullshit roughing the passer call like that, the officials don't remain consistant by not calling a Pass Interferance on the pass to Burress?

Not making any excuses for the Giants, but the officiating really sucked along with Will Allen.

I did not want to have to go into next weeks game HAVING to win.

Ok, I've vented. Now I have to go and celebrate Christmas.

Don Cardi

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/25/05 01:07 AM

DC,

You forgot to throw Curtis DeLoatch in with Allen. He's a big suck-ass too. Of all the catches that Burress made this year, that one he missed was cake.

I have a cousin who is a Redskin fan. He said of all the losses the Skins had all but the Giant blowout were caused by the refs. Such is a fans perspective.

Merry Christmas....now let's kick Oakland's ass next week!

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 12/27/05 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
now let's kick Oakland's ass next week!
From your mouth to God's ears.

A home game in the playoffs would really be big for us.

And they better teach Allen how to play defense!

Don Cardi

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/01/06 04:38 PM

Congrats to the Giants on clinching the NFC East title

PS - Wasn't it the Giants who originally started the "Gatorade Bath" tradition with Tuna back in the early 1990s?

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/01/06 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:

PS - Wasn't it the Giants who originally started the "Gatorade Bath" tradition with Tuna back in the early 1990s?
Close. It started with him in the mid-80's.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/01/06 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
Congrats to the Giants on clinching the NFC East title

.jpg[/IMG]

Yes it was. Harry Carson started it. One time Carson even put on an overcoat and a cap as a disguise because Parcells was looking for Carson at the end of the game, so Carson put the disguise on to try and fool Parcells and dump the Gatorade on him.

Congrats to my G-Men! A Home game is huge. Now anything can happen.

Don Cardi

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/08/06 05:59 PM

Ok fellow Big Blue fans, here we go!

The only thing worrying me is the secondary. It's basically depleted with injuries. We need to keep a lot of pressure on Jake and hope that he makes a few mistakes.

Offensively, just having Shockey on the field is a huge plus for the Jints.

The Giants should go with a no huddle offense on their first possession. Eli seems to strive in a no huddle situation. I think that he does NOT have time to think and goes basically on instinct and talent. If I was Coughlin, I'd call the no Huddle on their first drive of the game.

But then again, I'm posting my thoughts here on the boards, and he's got the multi million dollar contract and is standing on the sidelines.

GO GIANTS! ( )

Don Cardi

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/08/06 07:28 PM

**HALFTIME**

Wat Da Fock Mang!?!?!

Don Cardi
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/08/06 07:55 PM

This is really disgusting...

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/08/06 08:14 PM

Eli's inexperience is showing.

Ah, well...next year come playoff time he'll have this game and 16 more under his belt.

But quite honestly, I don't see him ever becoming an elite QB in this league; an Elway, Marino, Montano, Brother Peyton, Aikman, Brady, etc.

A Drew Brees type, maybe, is where I see him. Not necessarily that type of QB, but at about that level in the QB pecking order.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/08/06 08:32 PM

Too bad the Buffalo Bills didn't take a lesson from Coughlin's Giants and allowed their rookie QB to start and get experience.

Oh, wait, that makes too much sense...no wonders Mike Mularky didn't do it. :rolleyes:

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/08/06 08:39 PM

Terrible Team effort.

You have to give Fox and his Panthers a lot of credit.

Well, it was a good season. Hopefully, like Plaw said, next season Eli will have another 16 games under his belt and he will help make them a better team.

Don Cardi

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/08/06 09:47 PM

I hope so, too.

I wouldn't call myself a Giants "fan", really. I prefer the Jets if I had to make a choice, but it's always exciting when a local team has a shot at the big prize.

And history has shown that you don't have to be an Elway, Marino, Montano, Aikman, Brady, or Peyton Manning to win a Super Bowl.

Eli certainly can be good enough to win one, I think.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/08/06 10:01 PM

Boy wasn't that a great game

Plus I picked Carolina to win & my friend picked the Giants. I figured the Panthers would concentrate on stopping Tiki Barber, basically daring Eli Manning to beat them. And Like I figured he wouldn't be able to do it.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/08/06 11:31 PM

That may have been the earliest I've ever left a Giants' game, and I've been to 95% of the games ever played at Giants' Stadium.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/09/06 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:

I figured the Panthers would concentrate on stopping Tiki Barber, basically daring Eli Manning to beat them. And Like I figured he wouldn't be able to do it.
No that wasn't a great game. It was a great effort and execution by the Panthers, and very poor defensive effort by the Giants, which led to poor effort by the offense. Nice figuring about stopping Tiki Barber. :rolleyes:

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/09/06 12:51 AM

I didn't get a chance to see all of the game BUT there was thing I didn't agree with that the announcers said. Everyone is talking about how they stopped Barber and forced Eli to throw but one of the announcers says something like "Burress was known for fading away in playoff games and he's doing it again here" Assuming he wasn't dropping catchable passes it seems (from the recaps I've heard) that MANNING wasn't doing his job. How can you blame Burress for fading away when he's not getting catchable passes thrown to him (or in his vicinity it seems like)

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/09/06 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:

Plus I picked Carolina to win & my friend picked the Giants. I figured the Panthers would concentrate on stopping Tiki Barber, basically daring Eli Manning to beat them. And Like I figured he wouldn't be able to do it.
How about I lock you out of our Fantasy Hockey League!!! :p

Panthers were very well prepared for this game. IMO Fox has always stepped up to the plate with a great game plan, especially a defensive one, when any of his teams face a big game. I rememeber when he was with The Giants in 2000 and in the playoffs they were first facing the Eagles and McNabb, and then the Vikings with a very hot Culpepper. His defensive game plans in both games were just superb. Well he did it again today.

Watch out for the Panthers. My prediction is that if they Beat Chicago, then they will go to The SuperBowl.

Don Cardi

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/09/06 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:

Oh, wait, that makes too much sense...no wonders Mike Mularky didn't do it. :rolleyes:
We were calling for his head when he was Pittsburgh. I love the way he's sacked pretty much everyone and dispersing the blame from himself.

Gee, I called Carolina to win it. But to edge it. I knew the Giants defense had a few holes but didn't realise quite how depleted it was. I also figured Carolina would limit Barber and they did but by effectively getting a good lead over the Giants took him out the game anyway.

Is it me or has there been tons of missed tackles everywhere in the league this season?

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/09/06 11:39 PM

Now, I'm not a Giants fan but everytime I see an interview with Eli Manning after the game he is always smiling. That irritates me to no end, there is absolutely nothing about that game that he can be happy about.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/10/06 12:34 AM

I was listening to WFAN 's Mike and Chris for about an hour today, and man did they rip the Giants in general, and Eli in particular.

I'd love to hear those two wusses say some of the things they said today directly to Manning & Coughlin when they have them as guests.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/10/06 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
I was listening to WFAN 's Mike and Chris for about an hour today, and man did they rip the Giants in general, and Eli in particular.

I'd love to hear those two wusses say some of the things they said today directly to Manning & Coughlin when they have them as guests.
Never happen. I've heard those two, many times over the years, rip apart a certain player or a coach, saying this and that about them, and then when they get that player or coach on the phone, they have a completely different tone about them.

I guess that they are in the business to get ratings by causing controversy at times. And the truth is, they do a pretty good job of it.

Don Cardi

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/10/06 01:47 AM

That's what I meant, DC. The only time I ever heard them be rough with a guest was with Cablevision's Dolan once, when they were talking about the Knicks.

Usually they just lob softballs at the guests, and then when a caller criticizes them for that, that fat slob Francesa goes off on the poor guy.

You should have heard them today...."Manning was like a deer caught in the headlights", "Burress is strictly a frontrunner, and when things don't go his way he disappears", etc.

Not necessarily disagreeing with what they said, I just hate how they treat the guests with so much deference and respect when they're on the air with them, but rip them to shreds when they're not.

Re: G-I-A-N-T-S !!!! - 01/10/06 01:53 AM

plaw this sort of reminds me of a Jay Leno interview. I don't remember who the guest was but the dialogue of it was something like:

Jay: Now, let me ask you this. You took a lot of heat over the past few weeks for BLANK.

Guest: No, I took a lot of heat the day after BLANK, you carried it on for the next few weeks.

Dead silence.

I would love to see Tiki, Plexico any of them call the hosts out when they are on the show. It doesn't have to be in a very mean way but just to say how come you had nothing nice to say about me until I come on your show.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET