Home

2005 MLB Playoffs

Posted By: Irishman12

2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/02/05 07:10 PM

I know it's still early but my Yankees are in and that's all that matters (there series already starts on Tuesday). I think much of this year will be like last year. I'm guessing on these matchups but I think New York will be playing Chicago and Anaheim against either Cleveland or Boston (the only change being Chicago instead of Minnesota or if Cleveland can sneek in)

In the NL, the Braves play the Astros and Cards against the Padres (only difference being Padres instead of Dodgers).

So I'm predicting the Cards to come out of the NL again and either Anaheim or New York out of the AL
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/02/05 08:19 PM

My prediction: CWS vs. STL, STL taking it in 5.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/02/05 08:20 PM

If the Yanks face Chicago on Tuesday (which I think they are) I REALLY think the Yanks can beat them (and I'm not just saying that because I'm a diehard Yankee fan). I really don't see Chicago getting past the ALCS even if they get past the first round
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/02/05 10:06 PM

The Yankees will beat the Anaheim Angels.
The Red Sox will beat the White Sox.
The Cardinals will beat the Padres.
The Astros will beat the Braves.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/02/05 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
If the Yanks face Chicago on Tuesday (which I think they are) I REALLY think the Yanks can beat them (and I'm not just saying that because I'm a diehard Yankee fan). I really don't see Chicago getting past the ALCS even if they get past the first round
Well, my prediction depended on who was playing who.

I also think the Yankees can go all the way, but wel'll see. My prediction stands since the beggining of the season.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/03/05 05:47 AM

I hate the f'n Astros. I really wish they weren't in the playoffs. DJ, are those the correct matchups? That SUCKS that the Yanks have to play Anaheim first but I think they'll beat em. boston will beat Chicago. I'm gonna call Atlanta to beat Houston again and St. Louis to beat San Deigo

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/03/05 05:26 PM

Irish, Yeah (as you probably know by now) the Division Series matchups are set. If my predictions are correct the ALCS and NLCS matchups will be the same as last year.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/03/05 05:29 PM

Yeah those are the correct matchups. They all play tomorrow except 1 series in the NL doesn't. That sucks that the Yanks could have had home field advantage against the Angels but since texas lost yesterday, now they don't!
Posted By: goombah

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 01:14 AM

Now that the Indians choked, I don't care who wins the World Series. I hope NY and Boston both get clobbered b/c outside of their respected cities, I don't think the majority of Americans give a rip about seeing another NY-Bos matchup.

The Yankees remind me so much of the 2003 Lakers - tons of superstars, but not able to get it done. I'll be really surprised if NY's suspect pitching gets them out of the ALCS. Then again, all the pitching in the AL sucks right now. Each team has one or two good starters and some relievers, but there are no dominant AL pitching teams.

I'm still pissed the Indians couldn't win 2 f--king games this week - 6 of which were at home. But that's what a smaller market team gets these days with a cheapskate for an owner. And please don't tell me they'll be good next year. Millwood probably won't come back b/c he'll be too expensive for ownership. C.C. Sabathia is as inconsistent as he is fat. And the main reason Cliff Lee won 18 games was that he averaged 6 runs in support.

Hopefully the freaking Cavs can make some noise in the playoffs this year at least...
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 01:32 AM

You feel fustrated? Hell, I know the feeling. My Marlins had the Wild Card, then proceeded to blow it.

NLDS

Cardinals over Padres 3-0

Astros over Braves 3-1

ALDS

Yankees over Angels 3-2

Red Sox over White Sox 3-1

NLCS

Cardinals over Astros 4-0

ALCS

Red Sox over Yankees 4-3

World Series

Cardinals over Red Sox 4-3

Of course, never count out the Yankees....that is the only team I would be worried about. Then again, has the squad shaken off the deep funk from last year's colossal ALCS collapse? Really, the answer will determine who goes on to the World Series.
Posted By: Raulito

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 02:04 AM

Yankees going to win it this year, over the Cardinals. Padres? Yeah right. Boston will put up a fight, but this year, they'll go back to their losing ways. Damn it's been a while .
Posted By: Double-J

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by goombah:
The Yankees remind me so much of the 2003 Lakers - tons of superstars, but not able to get it done. I'll be really surprised if NY's suspect pitching gets them out of the ALCS.
Not really - if anything, the Yankees were the comeback team of 2005, they went from the basement to the top of their division, while the current World Series champions barely squeaked in with a Wild Card, courtesy of the Indians choking.

The Yanks have made it to the playoffs for the last 8 years in a row, I believe. I don't see how that means they can't get anything done.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by goombah:
Now that the Indians choked, I don't care who wins the World Series. I hope NY and Boston both get clobbered b/c outside of their respected cities, I don't think the majority of Americans give a rip about seeing another NY-Bos matchup.

The Yankees remind me so much of the 2003 Lakers - tons of superstars, but not able to get it done. I'll be really surprised if NY's suspect pitching gets them out of the ALCS. Then again, all the pitching in the AL sucks right now. Each team has one or two good starters and some relievers, but there are no dominant AL pitching teams.

I'm still pissed the Indians couldn't win 2 f--king games this week - 6 of which were at home. But that's what a smaller market team gets these days with a cheapskate for an owner. And please don't tell me they'll be good next year. Millwood probably won't come back b/c he'll be too expensive for ownership. C.C. Sabathia is as inconsistent as he is fat. And the main reason Cliff Lee won 18 games was that he averaged 6 runs in support.

Hopefully the freaking Cavs can make some noise in the playoffs this year at least...
I'm sorry but That's for Cleveland not making the playoffs. Both Florida & Cleveland made strong playoff pushes and didn't get in. I'm more surprised at Cleveland because they were so hot and gave the Yanks a good scare

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by goombah:
[qb] The Yanks have made it to the playoffs for the last 8 years in a row, I believe. I don't see how that means they can't get anything done.
I believe it's been at least 10 years (Jeter's never missed the playoffs yet so you gotta start at 1996).

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by goombah:
[qb]
The Yanks have made it to the playoffs for the last 8 years in a row, I believe. I don't see how that means they can't get anything done.
Just further evidence that you don't comprehend what you read, although that hardly comes as a surprise. I didn't compare all Yankees teams to the '03 Lakers. I compared this year's team. Making the playoffs 8 years in a row has nothing to do with it.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 03:18 PM

I agree with gombah here.

Still, strange that most of the ESPN baseball analysts picked the Angels to win it all.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 04:21 PM

No I think it's strange that most of the ESPN analysts picked houston to win it all
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 04:29 PM

Bad news. FOX has the Yankee game tonight. The incessant, unnecessary commentary of Yankee-hater Tim McCarver and the visual bombarding of FOX graphics and advertising of inane FOX programming. I might just listen to the game on the radio....on second thought 9 innings of John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman can be enough to make an Al Quaeda prisoner give up Osama's hiding place.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 07:24 PM

I like John Sterling. I also like Joe Morgan and who's the other fat white guy who does commentary with him? I enjoy him as well
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
Bad news. FOX has the Yankee game tonight. The incessant, unnecessary commentary of Yankee-hater Tim McCarver and the visual bombarding of FOX graphics and advertising of inane FOX programming. I might just listen to the game on the radio....on second thought 9 innings of John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman can be enough to make an Al Quaeda prisoner give up Osama's hiding place.
MC, Funny you should mention that. My husband and I hate the commentator's on FOX. Usually we mute the TV and put CBS880 on so we can watch and listen. However, there is a delay on TV (or is it the radio? Now I forget) so that they are slightly out of sync.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 07:40 PM

Tim McCarver, Yankee hater? I suppose nobody listened to the 2003 World Series on TV.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 08:08 PM

Wow, Reggie Sanders 2/4, Grand Slam, 6 RBI!
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 08:38 PM

Clement's getting rocked in Chicago! 5-0 after the 1st inning.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 08:52 PM

I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!

Go Medias Blancas!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 09:20 PM

Wow, the Red Sox are being spanked by the White Sox. Upset?

Unlike the damn Yankees, Angels, or Braves....it would be a great moment if the White Sox won the World Series. Really, Chicago needs one badly.

Besides, if that happens, the Yanks will then sign Damon in the off-season, somehow get rid of Gerald Williams and maybe Ruben Sierra as well....they will win it all in 2006.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 10:48 PM

I just can't see Damon going and signing with the Pinstripes. After what happened last year, fans won't know wherter to boo him or cheer him.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 10:50 PM

It's over. A.J. Piersynski just homered.

I guess the Sox got an emotional letdown.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 10:55 PM

It was over way before AJ homered (for the second time).

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 10:55 PM

That was to "nip it in the bud". :p

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/04/05 11:11 PM

The Red Sox looked lifeless and did not play like the defending World Series Champions. Damon, Ortiz and Ramirez have to step up and show the confidence they did last year for the Red Sox to have any chance.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/05/05 12:08 AM

I can see Damon coming over to the Yankees. I couldn't imagine Manny Ramirez or Pedro Martinez as Yankees. People can say all they want about how badly we needed Pedro this year, but the bitterness between NY, Martinez and Ramirez is too deep. Damon on the other hand, I could see. Plus, he and Giambi always seem to have nice chats on first base.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/05/05 05:26 AM

Damon's NEVER coming to New York. As I've said, boston is unfortunately not that dumb enough to let him walk. But what an a$$ kicking Chicago handed them and a GREAT New York win on the road! 1 down, 10 more to go

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/06/05 12:53 AM

Woo hoo, Chicago's winning 5-4 in the bottom of the 6th!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/06/05 01:42 AM

Sorry, SC, but... YES!!

...but we know what happened when they were 0-3 last year.

Although, I wouldn't mind playing them again...

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/06/05 02:55 AM

YES Chicago won again! The Yanks are winning 1-0 in the top of 3rd
Posted By: SC

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/06/05 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Sorry, SC, but... YES!!
Geeeeez..... you're becoming more annoying than Irishman!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/06/05 05:04 AM

That's good to know :rolleyes:

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/06/05 03:12 PM

Ouch, the Angels defeat the Yanks, tied 1-1 series-wise.

Now the Red Sox are two games in the whole. However, don't count them out yet. Remember, they only came back a 0-3 deficit against a certain franchise and then won the next FOUR games...and thing is, they were in the deficit last year I believe against the Angels, for which they came back as well.

Thing is, I wonder if the Red Sox have just run out of gas after their "Mini-World Series" with the Yanks last weekend...

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/06/05 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
and thing is, they were in the deficit last year I believe against the Angels, for which they came back as well.
Yeah seeing as how they SWEPT the Angels last year. It's not over til it's over. Sure Chicago won the first 2 and I couldn't be happier, but they still have to win 1 more. I wouldn't be suprised to see this thing go 5.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/06/05 07:14 PM

I think I hear a large woman warming up her voice. :p
Sorry SC, 86 more years of curse.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/06/05 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
I think I hear a large woman warming up her voice.
Sorry SC, 86 more years of curse.
Your math is off, MC. Tony Graffanino = Bill Buckner. That means 2005 = 1986. That means the Sox wait only 18 years.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/07/05 04:57 AM

Even more incentive for Chicago to beat boston ASAP!

Ramirez eyes new agent for possible trade

"Red Sox left fielder Manny Ramirez is seeking a new agent, possibly with the intent of orchestrating a trade out of Boston, FOXSports.com has learned.

Ramirez, represented by Greg Genske, already is contacting other agents, according to industry sources. He is expected to accelerate the process once the Red Sox's season is over.

The front-runners to represent Ramirez are expected to be Scott Boras, who helped arrange outfielder Gary Sheffield's trade from the Dodgers to the Braves after the 2001 season, and SFX, the firm that represents Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz.

Ramirez, 33, will gain full no-trade protection at the end of the season as a player with 10 years of major-league service, five with the same club. That protection effectively would give him the right to choose his next team.

The Red Sox tried to trade Ramirez to the Mets at the July 31 non-waiver deadline. They are expected to resume their efforts this off-season, and a quick elimination from the playoffs could give them further impetus to make dramatic changes. The Red Sox trail the White Sox two games to none in the best-of-five division series.

Ramirez is guaranteed a total of $57 million over the next three seasons, and his contract includes $20 million club options for both 2009 and 2010. His new agent would not receive commission on his current deal, but would be in position to negotiate Ramirez's next contract.

Ramirez would be a free agent at 36 if his team declined to keep him past '08 and at 38 if his team exercised both his options."

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/07/05 09:03 PM

Bahhhstaann already losing 2-0. Honestly, If the Yankees don't advance, I'll just be happy with the Red Sox not advancing aswell.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/07/05 09:19 PM

Back to back jacks.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/07/05 10:44 PM

HUGE K for El Duque. An old Yankee hero comes up for Boston haters.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/07/05 11:20 PM

3 OUTS AWAY!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/07/05 11:37 PM

LET'S COWBOY UP!

THE RED SUUUXXX HAVE SUCCUMBED!!!

The fat lady is singing "Sweet Home Chicago"...

"Back to that same old place, sweet home Chicago."

Red Sawx Fans :

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/07/05 11:38 PM

There will be a new World Series Champion.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/07/05 11:42 PM

My condolences, SC! :p
I'm not gonna say any more or the same fate might happen to NY!

Edit: But it's about time for the ChiSox, that's for sure! So, good for them...!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/07/05 11:44 PM

This just made my friggin' day.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/08/05 12:17 AM

Thing is, the Yanks will slug it out with the Angels before playing the White Sox...that is, if they do defeat the Angels.

Anyway, I actually hope the White Sox win the World Series, if simply because they need a title...sure, the Cubs won't win it, but at least Chicago gets a title.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/08/05 12:17 AM

Boston f'n SUCKS!, They just got swept by Chicago

Go Yanks
Go Big Unit

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/08/05 12:58 AM

How mature.

Fact was, the Yanks wore down the Red Sox, and the restful White Sox basically skullfucked them with ease.

Now Boston will have to deal with possibly Johnny Damon skipping Beantown and maybe becoming a Yankee. Sure, the BoSox want to keep him, but if Steinbrenner offers more money, which if he really wanted Damon that badly he actually would, then start trying to imagine a Caveman playing center-field at Yankee Stadium.

Now, will the Yanks prevail over the Angels? We shall see!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/08/05 02:27 AM

Quote:
Boston f'n SUCKS!, They just got swept by Chicago
Pretty classy. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Go Big Unit
Jinxer!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/08/05 02:34 AM

Hey, it's not over yet. Yankees only down by one run in the 6th.

My prediction still stands, St. Louis defeats Chicago 4-1 in the World Series.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/08/05 04:16 AM

jGeoff, you can smack Irishman now.

The Yanks lose to the Angels, 11-7.

What do you say about yourself now, jinxer? :p

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/08/05 05:55 AM

If the Yanks lose, the Yanks lose. But I'm TOTALLY happy now that boston is O-U-T!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/08/05 05:56 AM

Irishman better keep his big fat mouth shut, that's all I gotta say.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 05:53 AM

Congrats to Gina and HOU for moving up to 2-1 over ATL!!

Well, for HOU for moving up, and for Gina for getting a flute...

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 07:38 AM

Congrats to the Cards for advancing to the NLCS. They're my pick to represent the NL in the World Series and they have some rest before they face either houston or atlanta. GO CARDS!
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 03:25 PM

Thanks, Geoff.

It's not over 'til it's over, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed today, but I'm hoping for the best. Should I play my flute for good luck?

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 07:47 PM

Looks like we're going back to atlanta for more baseball. GO BRAVES!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 07:58 PM

Quote:
GO BRAVES!
What are you, insane? A Yankees fan routing for ATLANTA??

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 08:35 PM

Just like last year, they're the lesser of the evils. I HATE houston!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 09:03 PM

Quote:
Looks like we're going back to atlanta for more baseball. GO BRAVES!
Yes, I would like one order of crow, please.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 09:52 PM

15th inning now -- unbelievable! The Rocket is warming up in the bullpen!!
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 10:28 PM

17th......

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 10:34 PM

Rocket is the last pitcher in the building for the Houston Astros. Besides Roy Oswalt, who pitched yesterday.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 10:48 PM

18th Inning -- Gina's getting 2 games in 1 !!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 11:00 PM

...AND SHE'S EXTREMELY HAPPY!!!

CONGRATS HOUSTON!!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 11:01 PM

Braves lose... Oh what a surprise. :rolleyes:

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 11:02 PM

YESSSSSSSS!!!!

I'm happy for ya, Gina!!
Posted By: Beth E

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 11:08 PM

Congrats to our favorite Italian girl Gina. It was a nail biter for me, being a Braves fan from Vinny's days. I was rooting for The Braves, but I'm happy that someone as nice as Gina gets to celebrate her team's victory.

Now that I have no one to really root for in the playoffs I can just concentrate on football. But with The Ravens sucking I really don't have anyone to pull for there either. :rolleyes:

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 11:15 PM

Wow! Whatta game! When it started I was clean shaven and I now have a full beard. If you missed game 4 of the Astros and the Braves you missed the best game of this postseason and one of the best of all time.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
Now that I have no one to really root for in the playoffs I can just concentrate on football. But with The Ravens sucking I really don't have anyone to pull for there either.
Wow.... Beth's not gonna play with her pom-poms all winter.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/09/05 11:16 PM

Congrats, Gina.

I'm rooting for the 'stros to go all the way.
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 12:04 AM

Yayyyy Gigi!!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 12:18 AM

18 innings?! Are you kidding me? The perfect capper to the MLB weekend would be to have the elimination of the trifecta of big market teams go down: Friday night Boston, today Atlanta, and hopefully tonite NY.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 12:53 AM

I don't think there is a emoticon available to express how I'm feeling right now.

Unbelieveable. This has to be the most stressful, exciting, and simply best game I've ever seen. Ever. Six hours of baseball, eighteen innings - we tied and/or beat who knows how many records for length of game, innings played, pitchers used, players used, and so on. There were two grand slams in the game! I experienced every emotion possible.

We were down 5-0, and eventually 6-1, going into the eighth inning, after a grand slam by LaRoche. Somehow, we manage to load up the bases, and Berkman hits our slammy. I've got tears in my eyes, and I'm just speechless. We end the inning, though, still down 6-5. We go into the ninth, get two outs, and Brad Ausmus comes up with the game in his hands. He hits a fly ball to center...first, I'm worried it's a fly-out, until I see Andruw Jones can't get to it; it hits the wall behind him, and I'm thinking that it'll at least be a double. I'm cheering for that, then suddenly I realize it's been called a homer! Our next batter strikes out to end the inning, so I'm thanking God that it was a homer, to begin with, and also that it was called a homer, because it just barely hit above the line. And then began the crazy second half, which was probably a manager's worst nightmare, but it ended up being heaven for my boys. I prayed throughout every inning, and it was such a relief when Burke finally saved the day.

I want to thank all of you for all your support. It's so good to hear such positive things from people here, and I do greatly appreciate it. I can now go to my school's football game tomorrow (required, for Band) in peace, without having to worry about a Game 5. On to the NLCS. The Cards will be tough - I know it - but I'll be praying and cheering. No matter what, today's game will be a memory for many years to come.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 12:54 AM

Quote:
I don't think there is a emoticon available to express how I'm feeling right now.
Thank you Comic.....Book.......Guy

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
What do you mean, DM...?

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 01:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
quote:

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 01:06 AM

How 'bout that? Made a Simpsons reference, and I didn't even mean to!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 01:09 AM

I know that feeling of not knowing which smiley to use lol

Quote:
I assume this comic book guy is a bit of a loser, too, huh?
Well he's no Trish

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 01:41 AM

Doesn't look like I'm gonna be as happy tonight so far.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 02:00 AM

I'd be sad to see them lose, for you, Geoff, and for SB. Keep the faith, okay?

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 02:03 AM

Well, if the Yankees lose, I won't be as ANGRY. But I still will be sad because Joe Torre will be fired. But I will root for the 'Stros.

I will still be sad because of Joe, but hey Casey Stengel only lasted 10 years, right?

Still, the Braves and Red Sux lost, so it will be easier sleeping tonight.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 02:13 AM

It's not over yet, though.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 02:16 AM

W0000000000000000000000000TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

It's all tied UPPPP!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 02:19 AM

SAFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE YANKEES TAKE THE LEAD!!!!!!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 02:19 AM

no it's not

*my post has no other point than to make it look like Don Andrew isn't talking to himself*

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 02:30 AM

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 02:48 AM

Quote:
Unbelieveable. This has to be the most stressful, exciting, and simply best game I've ever seen. Ever. Six hours of baseball, eighteen innings - we tied and/or beat who know's how many records for length of game, innings played, pitchers used, players used, and so on. There were two grand slams in the game! I experienced every emotion possible.
I wish I'd known it was going to be this crazy, I would have watched it. I'm sick today with a fever, so I've been sitting at home watching TV and playing on the internet all day. So I totally could have watched it.

Anyway, congrats again Gigi!! I'm rooting for them. It'll be tough for them, but based on today, it looks like they've got it in them to go all the way!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 03:09 AM

Alright, chant with me!

J-E-T-... Wrong Thread.

The Yankees win! The Yankeeees win!

Let's play one more.

(BTW, did anyone see Brian Cashman looking EXTREMELY constipated?)

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 03:10 AM

WOOHOO!!

Chalk up another victory to... my patented AntiJinx™!!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 03:16 AM

Aw, Zia, hope you feel better soon! Thank you for the support, as well!

See, Geoff, nothing to worry about! :p

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 03:20 AM

What, me worry?

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 03:35 AM

Preposterous, I know!

A Band friend of mine is now in what could've been my situation...he'll have to miss the game tomorrow, and he's a Yanks fan.

Your anti-jinx never fails, though!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 04:01 AM

VERY CLASSY post game interview by Roger Clemens, Burke just hit the walkoff and they are interviewing Clemens. Then Clemens kinda interrupted the woman and said "How about the Kid?"

That was nice.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 04:19 AM

Absolutely, DM. He's truly a good guy. He has such modesty, he's honest, and he always gives credit where credit is due. I missed some of that because I was setting my VCR to tape the celebration, but I saw him, as he was being approached by the reporter, just tug Burke over toward them so he could be interviewed.

Edit: Something else I meant to mention - Clemens' three shutout innings, the 16th, 17th, and 18th, marked his first relief appearance since 1984, his rookie year!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/10/05 09:27 AM

Congrats to the Yanks on pushing a game 5 tonight! Let's go Yanks and let's go Cards!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/11/05 06:06 AM

I'm disappointed - but - I'm not stupid, either. NYY didn't have it to do it. A-Rod was a bust, Sheffield was a bust, Matsui was a bust, Pussada & Bernie always a bust, and that Bad News Bears play in the outfield? WTF??

Jeter tried, but failed. The rest are all bums anyway. Except Cano - the future of the team. He's first class, like Jeter.

But - those no-hitting $100,000,000,000,0000 players blew it. Ya know, A-Rod made $40,000 every at-bat (a.k.a., each time he made an out). He made $160,000 -- plus any playoff bonuses -- for nothing, just tonight alone!! Fuckstickpieceofshit!

I'm not that upset because I know the '05 team didnt' have it, didn't play up to it, and, didn't deserve it.

Go Stros!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/11/05 06:09 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=second/guessing/2005

Interesting article.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/11/05 06:23 AM

I agree with Geoff. I'm not surprised that the Yanks lost because a lot of people didn't even think they would make the playoffs once the season began. It was great to win game 4 and they had their shot at it but Anaheim was the better team and I have no shame or hard feelings lossing to them. I think Chicago will play St. Louis in the Series and I'm gonna take the Cards to win it all in 2005. There's always next year for the Yanks and unfortunately they won't have Bernie Williams but maybe we'll get that idiot from boston

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/11/05 09:33 AM

I'd love to see the ChiSox win it all. For Joe. Shoeless Joe Jackson.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/11/05 11:12 AM

Well, the $230 million payroll has almost clogged the Yankees. It seems as George Steinbrenner is picking up anyone he can, regardless of quality, as long as they are expensive. It's too bad they can't hit the reset button.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/11/05 07:06 PM

I was .500 in my picks for the DS hopefully I can do a little better in the CS. I think the White Sox are gonna beat the Anaheim Angels in 5 games and the Cardinals will beat the Astros in 6.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/11/05 08:37 PM

Quote:
I'm disappointed - but - I'm not stupid, either. NYY didn't have it to do it. A-Rod was a bust, Sheffield was a bust, Matsui was a bust, Pussada & Bernie always a bust, and that Bad News Bears play in the outfield? WTF??

Jeter tried, but failed. The rest are all bums anyway. Except Cano - the future of the team. He's first class, like Jeter.

But - those no-hitting $100,000,000,000,0000 players blew it. Ya know, A-Rod made $40,000 every at-bat (a.k.a., each time he made an out). He made $160,000 -- plus any playoff bonuses -- for nothing, just tonight alone!! Fuckstickpieceofshit!

I'm not that upset because I know the '05 team didnt' have it, didn't play up to it, and, didn't deserve it.

Go Stros!
A-Rod was a BUST? Sheffield? Matsui? Posada? WTF? Off what, ONE game? Series? So what! The pitching staff were BUSTS! Those guys got the Yankees into the playoffs.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/12/05 05:45 AM

Off 1 game for A-Rod? No I think he batted under .153 for the series. This is the guy who wanted so badly outta texas to win a World Series ring and this is how he plays!?

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/12/05 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
A-Rod was a BUST? Sheffield? Matsui? Posada? WTF? Off what, ONE game? Series? So what! The pitching staff were BUSTS! Those guys got the Yankees into the playoffs.
Yes. Yes. Yes. Somewhat. And yes, the postseason. So what? EVERYTHING!

They all floundered when it mattered in the end. Sure, they helped to get them there, but when the time came, they all BLEW IT. When it really mattered in the end, we got nothing from those guys at all. In fact, they LOST it for the team - NOT the pitching.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/12/05 11:39 PM

I concur with Geoff. The pitching did there part but the hitters unfortunately didn't do there's
Posted By: Jimmy Buffer

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/13/05 03:54 AM

Quite an ending to the Sox-Angels game. Since it's already quite controversial, I figured I'd add my two cents, if for no other reason than to end all this talk about those playoff failures, the Yanks. :p

I just watched the press conference that the umps held and they are sticking to their call even after the replay because they saw change of direction in the path of the ball. I can't argue that, but I will argue that the change of direction wasn't caused by the ground, but by the webbing of catcher Josh Paul's mitt. To me, he clearly caught the ball, so everything that happens after that is moot. Of course they're going to defend their call though. They can't exactly come out and say that they blew the game. Also, the home plate umpire signaled what appeared to be the universal sign for "out." This is also the sign for strike three, which the pitch was. I think the umpire handled everything after the alleged trap properly. He made his sign for strike three, which he is supposed to still do, even if he believes the ball was trapped. Whether there needs to be a universal sign for strike three that differs from out is something Major League Baseball will have to address in the offseason.

The problem I have with the umpires trap call, is that by ruling in such a manner, the umpire is in effect stating that he witnessed the ball bounce off the dirt, therefore the catcher has to throw down to first for the out. During the press conference, the home plate umpire flat out said, "I thought the ball hit the dirt." If the pitch is low and the catcher comes up with it cleanly, all indications are that he caught the pitch in flight. The only way an umpire can rule otherwise is if he sees the ball hit the dirt. If the umpire didn't see the ball hit the dirt, than how can he call it a trap? Even Pierzynski took one step to walk away before he took off for first. Now if Josh Paul would have just tagged the batter right away, none of this would matter, but if you are a catcher and you catch strike three(which replay showed he did), the umpire makes a sign that, whether it was intended to or not, signals out, why would you feel the need to tag the runner?

I guess I'm just glad I'm not an Angels or White Sox fan. Otherwise I would be way too worked up to get any sleep tonight.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/13/05 05:09 AM

Glad to see the Cards beat Pettitte and the Stros

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/13/05 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Buffer:
Quite an ending to the Sox-Angels game.
Yay for the Angels' loss!!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/13/05 12:16 PM

The strike three controversy: I didn't see the press conference with the umps, but it's a sad state when umps get press conferences. They are suppose to be almost invisible and yet here again (the Yankee game, with Joe West) they are getting face-time.

Question: How does a catcher know the ball didn't hit the ground first? He can't see it bounce an inch before his glove and at 90 mph he couldn't discern that by eye or feel. NOT to mention the home plate ump can't even make that call. He is totally out of position. The call should be made by another ump in the field who may be able to discern the change of direction -the bounce.
Posted By: Jimmy Buffer

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/13/05 02:23 PM

Trust me, there is a distinctive and noticeable difference between catching a ball in the air and one that short hops off the ground. The short hop gives the ball an extra zip as it hits your glove due to the acceleration it is experiencing after hitting the ground. A ball you simply catch in the air doesn't have that secondary force of acceleration created by the ground. The ball that doesn't bounce might actually still be traveling faster, but it is losing acceleration and doesn't have the same pop.
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/13/05 04:31 PM

we just can't forget it was an ERROR by the umps that finished the game, but I really think that the Angels' catcher was a little bit naive. he really could've just tagged Pierzynski - not that there's anything to blame the guy (he had no idea of what was about to happen) but he must be pissed off right now.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/14/05 09:29 AM

Error, mistake, whatever.

The fact is, the White Sox won Game 2, with Game 3 at Anaheim tonight.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/15/05 02:17 AM

Don Sicilia, what is your feeling regarding The White Sox? As a Cubbies fan are you obligated to not root for them? Or as a resident of Chicago are you excited that your city is being represented?

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/15/05 04:42 PM

Cubs fans should be rooting for the White Sox. Sure, the Cubs may not be the franchise that brings home the World Series title back to Chicago, but dammit for the whole city itself, you know?

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/15/05 11:32 PM

Houston goes up 2 games to 1 !!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/15/05 11:33 PM

It's strange to watch Houston games on tv and see George and Barbara Bush sitting in their first row seats and the announcers don't even acknowledge that' they're there. Even having a former president sitting at your game takes back seat when it's the playoffs. I think that's the third time I've watched and Astros game and saw them in their seats.

BTW....congrats Gina and her Astros. And Willy caught the final out too.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/16/05 06:04 AM

Looks like Chicago is only 1 game away from the World Series In the NL, LET'S GO CARDS!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/17/05 12:00 AM

What a hell of a double play by The Astros to win the game. You think the game's gonna be tied, and in almost a split second they win the game. WOW! Congrats.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/17/05 12:11 AM

Astros up 3-1? Better change my quote...

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/17/05 01:27 AM

Beth, my heart was beating so fast, I thought I was going to have a heart attack! When Lidge allowed the hit that Pujols advanced to third on, I just ran to my room so I could watch it alone. What a close and great game! Really makes me appreciate Garner, because Taveras came in as a pinch-runner, and he ended up scoring the go-ahead on the sac fly and making an incredible catch in center!

For anyone who saw the fuss LaRussa made about the strike zone, which he ended up being ejected on, check out the video I took of my dad impersonating him:

My dad as Tony LaRussa

Maybe we were drunk on baseball or something, but he had all of my family cracking up when he put on the sunglasses, because he looked so much like Tony! Then, I gave him a red Ferrari cap to put on, and I put a sticky note with the Cardinal logo on it.

Andrew, please don't jinx it. 1 more game. That's all I can say to myself - over and over - just one more. I'm still praying and cheering, as always.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/17/05 02:11 AM

That video is hilarious!!!!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/17/05 05:22 AM

Congrats to the Sox on making it to the World Series! I'm REALLY surprised Hopefully St. Louis can still meet them there

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/17/05 04:45 PM

I think the most impressive thing about the Sox ALCS domination was their starting pitching. I may have misheard it on ESPN Radio, but I thought they said the starters pitched 44 1/3 out of a possible 45 innings. That's just amazing. And they certainly kept Vlad Guerrero in check, too...
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/17/05 04:50 PM

Although I'm not a Sox fan, I must admit that it's pretty exciting for the city of Chicago to have a World Series participant.

In addition to their outstanding starting pitching (you heard it right Goombah - 4 straight complete games and in Game 1, Contreras got all but the last 2 outs in a loss), their hitting has been pretty clutch, especially from their 7-8-9 hitters.

Konerko hitting those first inning homeruns were also huge.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/17/05 04:51 PM

Great video Gina!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/17/05 11:39 PM

Is anyone else totally annoyed at Fox when they have insert that flying ALCS Championship Series graphic with the swooshing sound? They do it on every replay and every play has five replays. Enough already. I'm switching to reruns of the Andy Griffith Show on TV land.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/18/05 12:24 AM

Quote:
and I put a sticky note with the Cardinal logo on it.
Ohhh that's what that is!

Good luck tonight, Gigi... sit where you have to sit, wear what you have to wear, do what you have to do.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/18/05 12:27 AM

Glad y'all enjoyed the video - maybe he'll make an encore.

Thanks, Zia. I certainly will.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/18/05 03:41 AM

Albert Pujols!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/18/05 03:49 AM

*Background music (Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf)*

Lyrics

Who's Afraid of Albert Pujlos, Albert Pujlos, Albert Pujlos?

REPEAT!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/18/05 06:12 AM

You can take it up the Poo-Hole for all I care.

I can't believe that shit! WTF, Lidge??! I guess people I talk to are right -- it's SO much about the dollar, that they made sure it went to Game 7. More ad dollars. Just like all those pathetic calls against the Angels (whom I hate, by the way!) to assure that the ChiSox won... Apparently it's some Grand Plan to maximize ad dollars, and, to have a matchup to maximize ad dollars.

It's disgusting to me, how baseball has apparently sold out.

I guess Toyota (or whomever) paid for a Game 7, so there shall be one!!

:rolleyes:

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/18/05 06:35 AM

It was only game 5, St. Louis still has to win 1 more to force a game 7

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/18/05 06:39 AM

It'll go to 7, I bet. Unless some big sponsor insisted it'd end in 6. Who knows. Just disgusting all around at this point; and so damned OBVIOUS on the umps' parts! :rolleyes:

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/18/05 07:07 AM

Quote:
Wow, that's a lot of times to misspell "Pujols." Six times, in fact.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/18/05 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
Wow, that's a lot of times to misspell "Pujols." Six times, in fact.
No kidding, Zia... kids these days...! Sheesh. :rolleyes: It's all copy/paste, copy/paste, copy/paste -- and they don't care if it's right or not!! :rolleyes:

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/18/05 07:19 AM

I know seriously!! Copy/paste, what is that?! If you want it repeated that badly, stay with it till the bitter end!!
And that way you can catch your mistakes too... *ahem*

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/18/05 02:12 PM

That's the way ESPN had it on it's home page so if anyone got it wrong it was them

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/19/05 12:02 AM

Geoff, it's very possible that it's all planned out just for the big money (a friend even claims that the mafia is in on our series... ), but I just can't let myself believe that. I guess I just want to remain naive and ignore the possible tainting of baseball, and I know I'm being stubborn, but baseball is the only thing I truly love and enjoy, and to think that all these guys play for, and all that I watch, cheer, support, and live for, is fake, is just depressing. I can't even imagine that to be true, so I'd rather believe it's not.

Irish, sometimes it's just unbelievable how incredibly rude you can be. I remember you talking about how much you've "been through" this past season and how you deserve to rub things in the faces of fans who have done the same to you. Sounds silly to run off into a GF quote, but what have I done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? Honestly. I know I'll never change your hatred for the Astros...I know you'll always go for any team that we're playing...but it's like you've just gone out of your way to root against my team and make them look bad. Talk about what someone's "gone through," and the first post I see after last night's game is what you wrote about Pujols? I can't stop you from saying what you want to say, but in my eyes, it's as if you're just continuing the circle of "revenge."

As a general sports post, last night's game truly was the most depressing of the season - we were one out (at one point, even one strike) away from making history, and we couldn't do it. I have to give credit to Pujols. Really, there's no reason not to, but I just want to say that he is just amazing, and he definitely deserves all the recognition he gets. The time between the end of the game last night until the start of the game tomorrow has gone and will go so slow. Today was pretty depressing at school - I talked with the friends who understood, and we just went through the "what if's" and "shoulda/coulda's," and those who don't give a flip about baseball were sure to add their two cents about the team and Pujols. However, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game. We're still in a good position, and I won't lose the faith until they make the very last out of the season. Praying and cheering, as always.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/19/05 12:11 AM

Quote:
Irish, sometimes it's just unbelievable how incredibly rude you can be. I remember you talking about how much you've "been through" this past season and how you deserve to rub things in the faces of fans who have done the same to you. Sounds silly to run off into a GF quote, but what have I done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? Honestly. I know I'll never change your hatred for the Astros...I know you'll always go for any team that we're playing...but it's like you've just gone out of your way to root against my team and make them look bad. Talk about what someone's "gone through," and the first post I see after last night's game is what you wrote about Pujols? I can't stop you from saying what you want to say, but in my eyes, it's as if you're just continuing the circle of "revenge."
Irish even got Gina annoyed! A new low.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/19/05 12:39 AM

Quote:
Geoff, it's very possible that it's all planned out just for the big money ... I can't even imagine that to be true, so I'd rather believe it's not.
Hey Gina - I don't really think that's the case. I was just venting my frustration!! They were SOOOOOO CLOSE!! And I was kinda pissed. And I felt bad for you, too, of course! Sorry if that upset you... I think I was just frustrated; I don't really think it's fixed.

It's not football (like what happened to me in fantasy this week ) or boxing, after all!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/19/05 01:00 AM

Oh, no, Geoff. You didn't upset me at all. I just meant that the thought of baseball being fixed in any way is sad to think about. I didn't realize you didn't really think it was, but several other people have also given me theories on how different games can be fixed (not necessarily this one), and you truly never know. But, I'd rather believe it's not.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/19/05 05:47 AM

Gina, my rooting for St. Louis is not a personal attack at you at all. I wasn't trying to rub in in thinking "man I hope gina reads this" I was just venting my frustration as I had 3 people in class last night all talking about how houston was gonna go to the world series, yada yada yada and to see St. Louis just RIP it from them for at least 1 more game (because they were down to their last out), I had to celebrate. So again, it's nothing personal I just REALLY hate houston and won't be satisfied until they're knocked outta the playoffs

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/19/05 11:04 PM

Then I would just ask that you please take it out with those that are annoying you instead of here at the board. As far as I know, I'm the only Astros fan here, so naturally, I'm going to feel that any Astros comment is at least somewhat directed at me. I only make general comments about them - I never brag about what we've done or trash talk other teams. I get plenty of teasing and rude remarks (in Houston, at that!) about my team, as well. I discuss baseball with every single person I talk to at school, so you can imagine that I don't look forward to the response after a loss...though most are nicer than others. But, I wouldn't take out my anger from that on here. As I said, I can't stop you, and I'm really not trying to start an argument. I'm probably not even in the right position to say all of this, but it's just been bothering me for a while, and I had to get it out of my system.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/20/05 01:15 AM

I understand what you're saying and again I'm sorry if it seemed that I was attacking you, but those who I need to take it up with, I won't see them until Monday and the series will be over by then. So in the mean time, this is my only medium to vent my frustration really. Also, this is a message board where we can come to talk and dicuss our problems among other things. So again, I feel bad if my "antics" have bothered you but I won't stop rooting against them until houston is out of the playoffs. But don't worry, they're gonna win the series (unfortunately) anyway

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/20/05 03:03 AM

Thanks for your understanding. I know it is a message board, and you're certainly free to say what you wish. I honestly can't hold anything against you for doing that.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/20/05 03:24 AM

Congratulations Gina!

Well, I was .500 in predictions again. I picked Chicago to win the ALCS in 5 games and they did but I had St. Louis in the NLCS in 6 games. For the WS I think the Astros have the resilience and mental toughness to beat the White Sox and I believe they will win it in 7. I also predict this World Series will be one of the top 10 lowest scoring in history. Whatever happens, I can't wait for it to start happening on Saturday night. Oh yeah, I hope to see Jeff Bagwell DHing for the games in Chi-town.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/20/05 03:52 AM

Way ta go Houston!!

Gina, I'm happy for you. I hafta admit, though, I'm cheering for the ChiSox in the Series. Its for Shoeless Joe.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/20/05 04:11 AM

Let's go White Sox!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/20/05 07:04 AM

Congrats, Gina! You did a great job!

I wanted HOU to make it to the WS, cuz they never had... but I'm not quite sure who to root for now, actually... the 2 ex-Yanks are great, but, they're jerks :p But nothing really attracts me to the ChiSox, either.... so I don't know.... )

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/20/05 07:15 AM

Quote:
(sorry I just jinxed you! )
I thought you had the patent on that Anti-Jinx... it's no good anymore?

And I agree, Gigi played a hell of a game.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/20/05 10:42 AM

Congrats on the Astros, Gina.

I'm rooting for you all the way.

Don't take it personally, though. I picked them in our Fantasy Brackets game, and I need them to win the WS for me to beat DB.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/20/05 10:42 AM

Congrats Gina!

Astros-White Sox

Weren't the ChiSox supposed to choke against Cleveland and the Astros supposed to cough up the Wild Card?

:p

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/20/05 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B: I agree, Gigi played a hell of a game.
Hopefully next year I can carry the Blue Jays to their third World Series Chamipionship. Hey, I hit .269 with 28 HR and 97 RBI this year.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/21/05 12:09 AM

Wow, thanks to everyone who offered their congratulations! That really does mean a lot. I sure did work hard for it, huh? I get so into everything that it feels like I do actually play the games (what with my job as stay-at-home manager/cheerleader!), but if anyone deserves congrats, it's the team. I just love 'em all, and I'm so proud of them.

Geoff, if you already had a team picked, (like SC - thank you, and I understand!), then I'd be fine with it. You seem neutral here, however, so maybe I could play a little song on my new flute - just for you - and perhaps you'd make up your mind? Seriously, I appreciate all the cheering and support you've given the boys already, and it's your pick on who you want to win. You know who I'll be rooting for!

Gee, Plaw, you're too kind. :p Ah, I wish it were personal, but as long as you're rooting for them, I'm still grateful. Miss seeing you around (already!), by the way - you should stop by the ladies' thread. It being referred to as the ladies' thread is silly, anyway, what with all the guys running around!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/23/05 12:22 AM

Dye homers, 1-0 Sox

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/23/05 12:34 AM

Mike Lamb HR. 1-1.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/23/05 12:46 AM

3-1 Sox in the bottom of the 2nd

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/23/05 01:19 AM

The Rocket doesn't make it past two innings!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/23/05 01:31 AM

Home run Chicago, 4-3

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/23/05 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
The Rocket doesn't make it past two innings!
Hamstring...

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/23/05 03:10 AM

Sox score again, 5-3 bottom 8

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/23/05 03:19 AM

Thhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeee White Sox win! White Sox win!!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/23/05 03:31 AM

Wow, Bobby Jenks pitched like a man possessed! I think the White Sox have found their Tom Henke (or Mariano Rivera for you Yankee fans).

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/23/05 04:16 AM

It's still only 1 game but I'm glad Chicago won

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/23/05 02:23 PM

Quote:
Thhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeee White Sox win! White Sox win!!
Are you going to be doing play-by-play for this thread too? :rolleyes:

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/23/05 02:34 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Irishman12:
[b] Thhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeee White Sox win! White Sox win!!
Are you going to be doing play-by-play for this thread too? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]Only when the White Sox win of course (exhibit A: Yankee Thread:)

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/23/05 04:55 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Irishman12:
[b] Thhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeee White Sox win! White Sox win!!
Are you going to be doing play-by-play for this thread too? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]No, game 1 will be the only game I'm watching due to school or work

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/23/05 10:18 PM

Tough game. Roger must've really been in pain to leave after two innings. I was hoping for a win even with the bullpen in, of course, but now that the game is over and done with, I'm glad Rocket left when he did. We just couldn't score the runners we got on base, so I'm glad he was able to get his rest and prevent any further damage. Now I'm just worried about what condition he's in.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/23/05 11:30 PM

quote:
Tough game.
So Gina, this pic is for the Astros (yeah for the umm Astros, see Flame it's not for me ) :

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 12:35 AM

1-0 Houston :cough cough:

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 12:44 AM

Oh, DM, I don't know what to do with you.

You know I'm quite skeptical about your Trish theory, but you also know how superstitious I am. I'm just going to thank you and shut up.

(But give the boys a little credit! :p )

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 12:47 AM

Quote:
You know I'm quite skeptical about your Trish theory
That's fine, but now I must make it a LAW
"James' Law of Trish" Your kids will be learning it and YOU will be able to tell them how it all started.

Quote:
(But give the boys a little credit! :p )
I highly doubt THEY have anything to do with it :p

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 12:54 AM

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 12:56 AM

Quote:
Trish has no control over defense, that will be added to the Law

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 12:57 AM

DM, you're too funny... I won't say much more either though, just in case you end up being right. NO more jinxing!!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:01 AM

Willy rounded the bases w/ Trish

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:14 AM

Quote:
That's fine, but now I must make it a LAW
"James' Law of Trish" Your kids will be learning it and YOU will be able to tell them how it all started.
Maybe I will teach it to my kids (along with all my other jinx beliefs), but I don't think I'll give them the visual aids until they're older. :p

Quote:
I highly doubt THEY have anything to do with it
They're just playing the game, right?

Trish better have control over defense, because it's certainly not helping us! Thank God for Willy's amazing speed. I swear, that guy scares me so much - when I saw him stretching it for a triple, I was just screaming at the TV...

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:19 AM

Quote:
Thank God for Willy's amazing speed
I'm sure his wife doesn't say that lol :p

Trish only controls offense, but don't worry offense production is always enough to cover up defense blunders. (can't have a shutout every night) This Law is really starting to take *a nice* shape

it would be a good idea to leave the visual aids until they are older, and if you ever need any I might have 1 or 2 laying around

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:28 AM

Quote:
I'm sure his wife doesn't say that lol :p
:rolleyes: Stop it. :p

Whoa, whoa, whoa. It was my understanding that the Trish law didn't protect general fielding defense, but your statement that it only covers offense implies that pitching also isn't protected?! What kind of a law is this?

Also, I think you've provided me with plenty of visual aids already.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:33 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[b] I'm sure his wife doesn't say that lol :p
:rolleyes: Stop it. :p

Whoa, whoa, whoa. It was my understanding that the Trish law didn't protect general fielding defense, but your statement that it only covers offense implies that pitching also isn't protected?! What kind of a law is this? [/b][/quote]Pettitte is pitching well BUT no pitcher can strike out 27 batters, making fielding the more important part of runs allowed in my opinion. Therefore Trish aids in pitching but unfortunately Defense can outweigh that.

I'm starting to see how Neuton and Einstein must have felt in their day

P.S. Trish Law covers all only for the Toronto Blue Jays and coming soon is the Trish Law for Hockey (as soon as I figure out how Hockey works )

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:36 AM

Quote:
Also, I think you've provided me with plenty of visual aids already.
Yeah

Don't get too attached though, it's only for looking. She is mine lol, get too close and *

j/k well ummm not really

*or maybe that will be Trish to me when she figures out who I am *

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:42 AM

Willy looks like he got a tan or something lol

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:44 AM

Well, I just wanted to make sure Trish covered pitching, otherwise, I wasn't sure her law was worth believing in. :p Don't get upset...I'm a believer, now.

I couldn't figure out why you were all of a sudden a Toronto fan until I finally remembered the comment you made about that being Trish's team - no wonder!

And don't worry...I'm not planning to steal her from you. I've got Willy, remember? Speaking of which, looks like Trish has a thing for him...two doubles last night, and a triple and now an infield hit tonight! I'm a little jealous.

How does he look like he got a tan?

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:46 AM

w00T! 4-2 Astros!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:47 AM

Willy scored w/ Trish again!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:47 AM

What were you saying about Willy's speed Gina? :p

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:50 AM

Trish has a thing for me and me alone (she just doesn't know it yet)

in the pic you have he looks like a teenager and light skinned, on the tv he looks early 20's and darker skin.

4-2, Thank you Trish

JG you are not exactly getting on my good side (which I know when looking at me it is very hard to distinguish between my good and bad side lol)

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:50 AM

The man is amazing, I swear! I'm scared to say anything about him because I know it'll be turned into something dirty ( ), but I'm so proud of him!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:51 AM

Go, Willy! Go, Willy! Go, Willy!!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:52 AM

DM, oh, I guess I understand the tan theory. Roster pics always seem to look different, but I think he looks good no matter what.

Dang it, fix the defense!!!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:52 AM

Quote:
The man is amazing, I swear! I'm scared to say anything about him because I know it'll be turned into something dirty ( ), but I'm so proud of him!
No Fair

Although we did get some insight into his past, in the between inning interview he said he got from the batters box to third base so quick he thought he was on his first date with his wife :p

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:55 AM

Quote:
Dang it, fix the defense!!!
Fixing a defense would involve nude pics, which we all know Trish will not do.

Gina I'm sorry, but I posted Trish, Trish's backside, WHITE LINGERIE on top of that, not sure what else I can do

OH WOW I HAVE FOUND IT:

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 01:57 AM

Not to worry...

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 02:01 AM

Oh, Andy...isn't it nice when my fantasy (*cough*) picks have great games? All the more reason to love them! And technically, that's pitching, since it's the pitcher, making great defensive plays.

Quit talking about my Willy!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 02:04 AM

Like they say, "Arghh! If you want something done, you have to do it yourself! NOW I want the same amount of blue berries in each muffin!" :p

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 02:22 AM

Looks like Trish has a thing for Crede, too...darn his defense! Gotta give gim credit, though.

Wonderful rendition of God Bless America!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 02:34 AM

Quote:
Looks like Trish has a thing for Crede, too
Trust me she doesn't

*this is getting into more of a ladie's thread topic BUT, Trish has a website where you can ask her questions I was going to ask about the Godfather but what if she doesn't like it? Do I ask or not lol

I would invite her to this site (if she liked it) but then I'd probably get one of them restraining order invites

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 02:44 AM

Uh oh.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 02:50 AM

Good lord.

We need Trish now more than ever.

The slammy was perfectly earned, no doubt about it, but you gotta wonder about that HBP call. I hate this.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 03:01 AM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I took a shower and came back to this

Could I have to go back to the drawing table???? I could always add a disclaimer that it doesn't pertain to the astros

One inning left, it can still happen.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 03:07 AM

Quote:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I took a shower and came back to this
No more showers for you!

Okay, yeah, never mind - disregard that! :p

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 03:16 AM

No-hitting Vizcaino??

Never mind! VIZCAINO ties it up!!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 03:19 AM

And you people doubted Trish

Shame Shame Shame

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 03:23 AM

God must be an Astros fan. My legs feel like jello right now, I'm so nervous. Please let us finish this off.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 03:27 AM

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 03:32 AM

Don't dispair, Gina. You remember what happened last year when the BoSox started 0-3...

Besides... they're going back to Houston now!!

Unbelievable. That's about all I can think of to say.

Good night, all.

Sorry Gina

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 03:36 AM

Edited: I just saw your posts. Thank you, boys. Yes, it's nice to know we'll have home field advantage for the next three (not having it certainly didn't help us here), but God, it would've been nice to have this game. For once, everything looked good. It was still dangerous territory, but Viz, a guy I would never have expected, stepped up, and all we had to do was hold on and get one more run. And I would've loved to have had it 1-1, and I would've considered it a 5-game series with home field advantage. Oh well. You can never count this team out, and I won't until they are.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 03:40 AM

Scott Podsednik will never have to pay for a beer in the state of Illinois for the rest of his life..The Astros will win game 3 though.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 05:37 AM

YEAH SOX! I just saw the score, 2 down 2 to go

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 06:02 AM

Classy. :rolleyes: :p

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 06:22 AM

Quote:
Classy. :rolleyes: :p
Can I not cheer for Chicago without being called "classless" in so many words? :p

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 02:15 PM

Sorry Gina!

To your earlier question, I'm staying neutral for this series. I'm not a White Sox fan and even if my championship in the playoffs bracket fantasy game requires a White Sox win, I still won't root for them unlike other people (cough) Plaw (/cough). :p

I have my family in Houston and you cheering for the Astros so I can't root against them. On the other hand, I guess I also have to have hometown pride, so I can't really root against the White Sox.

Frankly, I'm more interested in my fantasy football team.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 11:24 PM

That's some good reasoning you've got there, CS. And putting aside fantasy (baseball) interests, even? That's admirable.

But it's not football's turn, yet (in my book). And when it is, I'll be counting down to Opening Day! (By the way, what with my Chemistry class and all, I've come to realize that you're an element. Cesium, that is. Cs. :p )

I'm ashamed to say I will not catch Game 3 tomorrow. Sorry to sound like a Band nerd, but we perform at the marching contest that we've been preparing for since about July. I've organized a joke rebellion, telling everyone we're all going to skip it, but my director would probably literally be ready to kill us if we did.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sicilia:
even if my championship in the playoffs bracket fantasy game requires a White Sox win, I still won't root for them unlike other people (cough) Plaw (/cough).
Whaddaya mean?

I'm rooting for the Astros, and not only because of the fantasy game.

I was always a NL fan. Hang in there, Gina. It ain't over 'til it's over.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/24/05 11:58 PM

Quote:
That's some good reasoning you've got there, CS.
AND TRISH'S LAW DID NOT HAVE GOOD REASONING

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/25/05 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
I was always a NL fan. Hang in there, Gina. It ain't over 'til it's over.
That's what I like to hear! Thanks, Plaw. That's exactly what I've been telling myself.

Quote:
AND TRISH'S LAW DID NOT HAVE GOOD REASONING
That goes without being said...silly! :p But you better tweak it before tomorrow so that we don't have the same results as yesterday.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/25/05 12:20 AM

Quote:
By the way, what with my Chemistry class and all, I've come to realize that you're an element. Cesium, that is. Cs.
Cool, I never thought of that! I now have a new favorite element. :p Awww.

Gigi, I'm so sorry about last night, but it could still go either way. They can totally do it. And DM, Trish did all she could... don't feel bad.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/25/05 12:46 AM

Thanks, Zia. And yes, isn't Cs such a cute element, now?

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/25/05 02:18 AM

Awwww...

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/25/05 02:22 AM

Speaking of the elements, here's one of my favorite Tom Lehrer songs.

You can kinda sing along if you like

THE ELEMENTS

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/25/05 02:25 AM

Mine would be AStatine, since there is no Trishium or Stratisium

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/25/05 02:31 AM

Weird! I guess you were always meant to be CS, then! But, the big question is, would you rather it stand for chick sandwich or cesium? :p

And I gotta agree with Zia (posted elsewhere) - nerds are sexy, so keep those nerd glasses on.

Plaw, I thought the "lyrics" would be on the song, so I kept waiting for it, then I realized I'd completely missed out on the singalong.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/25/05 02:33 AM

DM - I would have bet money your favorite was silicon. :p

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/25/05 02:36 AM

Quote:
Weird! I guess you were always meant to be CS, then! But, the big question is, would you rather it stand for chick sandwich or cesium? :p
Wait... Is that even a question??

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/25/05 02:37 AM

Quote:
DM - I would have bet money your favorite was silicon. :p
oh thats it

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/25/05 02:37 AM

Here's a version where he sings

http://www.privatehand.com/flash/elements.html

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/25/05 02:40 AM

Quote:
Wait... Is that even a question??
Shouldn't be...but just thought I'd check.

Thanks, Plaw! That's great stuff! Oh, I can't wait until the day I can memorize that and sing it for my teacher...

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/25/05 04:39 AM

Gigi, you sure you'll even still be in high school by the time you finish memorizing that? *DB is thanking his lucky stars right now that he's cute and not Urkel-esque.*

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/25/05 06:09 AM

Quote:
Speaking of cesium...
Tomorrow I think I'll be banning A FEW people...!!! :p

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/25/05 06:15 AM

Quote:
Urkel/Screech style nerds are gross and scary...
I never get a chance...

Even Booger and Wormser are cooler....

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/25/05 02:45 PM

Quote:
And DB, I knew you'd have a favorite element! Every card-carrying nerd has one.
What's yours Zia??

This ^^^ not doin' it for you, huh.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/25/05 10:54 PM

For the Astros

She thought I was behind her in the front row

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/26/05 12:50 AM

Doesn't Gina's Willy ever attempt a hit? Why is he always trying to bunt?

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/26/05 01:02 AM

Trish will take credit for that defensive play

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/26/05 01:12 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Letizia B.:
[b] And DB, I knew you'd have a favorite element! Every card-carrying nerd has one.
What's yours Zia?? [/b][/quote]It used to be a tie between cobalt and californium (the latter only because it's named after my state and my school). :rolleyes: But of course now those are tied for second favorites. Damn, I just admitted to having favorites of my own!! I always walk right into these traps! :p

And thanks for that picture, even though no, it is not doing it for me.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/26/05 01:31 AM

Incase anyone was wondering "The Trish Law" has been reconfigured, it seems that during the calculations I forgot to carry the "2"

It has to be a RECENT pic of the Goddess, body part does not matter (well um ) and it has to be in black pants

2-0 Houston

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/26/05 02:28 AM

I think you forgot to carry a "5" as well... as in 5 runs scored by CHI in the 5th

I think we need a new formula. :p

And I think that should be based on Band Camp Girl.

Maybe the formula can be called "American "

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/26/05 02:30 AM

Hey the pitchers name is ROY, comeon a Law can not work for a guy named Roy, I thought that would just be understood :rolleyes:

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/26/05 02:33 AM

And the catcher's name is Ausmus. What's your point? :p

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/26/05 02:37 AM

Quote:
And the catcher's name is Ausmus. What's your point? :p
Obviously my superior Law Making knowledge is way beyond your comprehension :p

A Law can not work for a guy named Roy, Einstein knew this and I know this, isn't that just common knowledge

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/26/05 02:52 AM

Quote:
Maybe the formula can be called "American "
Hah! Clever!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/26/05 04:26 AM

Man, what a nailbiter this Astros game is turning out to be!!!!! OMG!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/26/05 06:03 AM

Okay, so it's a slow nailbiter... is anyone else yelling at the TV? "Come on guys, people have work tomorrow!! Let's wrap this up!!" Also, "Damn you Uribe! I never liked you!!" It's a long-ass game for this hour! Sunday afternoon was one thing, but Tuesday night? Half of this country is going to be half asleep tomorrow at work/school.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/26/05 06:21 AM

I'm beginning to think Houston doesn't WANT to win.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/26/05 06:34 AM

Gigi, I'm still a new fan of the 'Stros and that was hard for me to watch... I can't imagine what you must feel like! If that was my Dodgers I'd probably be a mess right now. They've still got a chance, obviously... but they've got to pull themselves together in a BIG way.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/26/05 06:42 AM

Going for the SWEEP later on today! Congrats Chicago on a hard faught, well deserved win!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/26/05 08:30 PM

Quote:
Gigi, I'm still a new fan of the 'Stros and that was hard for me to watch... I can't imagine what you must feel like!
It's probably a good thing that I usually wait until the day after a loss to post here, or else I might get a bit of a bad reputation. Everyone at school knows I'm sensitive about my 'Stros. Anyway, I'm just proud of these guys for making it as far as they have. It'd be nice to at least get our first WS win, if not win the whole thing, but I sure am glad we even made it here.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/26/05 09:22 PM

Quote:
These past three games have been really tough, but I still believe. If Boston did it, we can. I just don't see the point in giving up already, because this team has surprised so many so often - until that last out is made, I've still got faith.
Totally, I know what you mean. It's always pointless to give up so quickly in sports, because like they say, it ain't over till it's over. And they didn't go quietly last night, that wasn't an easy win for Chicago. The Astros put up a hell of a fight, and I think they got tired towards the end. But I think they'll do even better tonight. I hope so anyway.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 12:33 AM

You're a good fan, Zia. Seriously, your optimism is so refreshing compared to some of the negative people I come across.

That Latino Legends presentation was so nice! Hope SB caught it - A-Rod in a suit.

I can tell I won't be getting much homework done tonight...I'm already distracted by pregame stuff!

Well...*gulp*...here we go.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 01:06 AM

My ARod in a suit! And I missed it?? DAMN!!

Good luck tonight to your boys, Gina. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 01:20 AM

The President is there tonight, right? I think I caught a glimpse of him. Anyway, that's a great smiley for today, Gigi... I'll use it too.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
My ARod in a suit! And I missed it?? DAMN!!
Wait, A-Rod was at the game!? Huh?

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 03:19 AM

Why on earth would they take Backe out and put Lidge in? Backe pitched 7 shut out innings, and they take him out for the guy who's done nothing but blow the post seasons game for them. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

Letizia, if you're referring to Barbara and George Bush Sr. they're a regular fixture at the Astros games. Every one of their games that I've seen they've been there.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 04:01 AM

White Sox SWEEP! White Sox SWEEP! Congrats to the 2005 World Series Champions the Chicago White Sox! A VERY convincing post season

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 04:01 AM

Sorry Gina
Posted By: Karl9905

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 04:05 AM

Another team that hasn't won anything in years, wins again this year. First Boston, now Chicago.

Karl

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 04:12 AM

In other news, Suicide Watch now active in the North side of Chicago...
Posted By: Karl9905

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
In other news, Suicide Watch now active in the North side of Chicago...
Could you explain this a bit more for me?
Is Chicago that divided?

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 04:46 AM

Congratulations to Ozzie Guillen, Jermaine Dye and the 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox! The Blue Jays in 2006, er...2013...2093?

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 04:58 AM

"....and the Devil Rays in 2067"

As for the Suicide Watch joke, remember that the Cubs haven't won since the first decade of the 1900s while the Red Sox and now the rival-White Sox have finally stopped their long-droughts. Really, considering that the Cubs are now the one great lovable losers in America, wouldn't that make a Cubs fan depressed that they're now the only ones?

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 06:44 AM

Sorry, Gina

...but congrats to the ChiSox -- it's been a long time coming!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 01:22 PM

Sorry Gina. I know you must really be down in the dumps today. You have no reason to feel dejected or blue. Your team was one of the last two standing out of the entire league. That's something to be proud of. The Astros are still The National league champs for 2005. And that's some no one can take away from them. Ever.

I'm listening to Mike 'N Mike this morning, and they have some interesting details of the angst of The White Sox. DB would certainly have more details then this. I didn't know that the owners of The Cubs also owned The Chicago Tribune. The White Sox have really been made to feel like the step child in Chicago all this time. In that aspect, you have to feel great for The White Sox fans. Now their story can get moved from the back page.

One funny thing they commented on was the fact that the foul ball that was caught should have been attempted to be deflected by The Astros fans. It was in the seats, so fan interference would not have been an issue. They said one person they're sure that would have attempted to catch it would have been Barbara Bush.

Now that the curses of The Red Sox and The White Sox have been lifted is it only time before DB's Cubbies, the last of the loveable losers, get their due? :p

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 01:57 PM

Sorry Gina! Your 'Stros played well and it was great for the city of Houston for them to make it that far for the first time in their history.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 04:03 PM

The curses of them old guys is droppin' like flies. Say it IS so!!

Gina, there's always next year!

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 04:08 PM

No ChiSox fans here to congratulate?

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/27/05 04:17 PM

I think YoTonyB is one.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/28/05 01:11 AM

DM, Beth, Geoff, SC, CS, Plaw, all of you guys, thank y'all so much for being so sweet to me. I was a little cautious in venturing outside of my ladies' thread a while back, but you've all been so supportive in here, and I truly appreciate all the optimism and faith that you gave me. You're great people, and it's a joy to share my love for baseball with each of you.

I made my "official" post in the other thread, but I'd also like to say here, congratulations to the White Sox! It's tough to lose, of course, but they were a nice team to lose to. I'm happy for them, and here's hoping that now the Scrubs can make it happen for CS! Or my loveable Lastros.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/28/05 05:54 AM

I found this article at ESPN.com and thought it was hilarious because when the World Series participants were finally in place, I remember seeing how it was good that neither the Yankees or Red Sox were in the World Series, how good it was for baseball, reasons to actually WATCH this world series and the country responded with a resoundful NO! Just how badly DOES MLB need the Yankees in the Series?

White Sox-Astros World Series lowest-rated ever

"NEW YORK -- The Chicago White Sox's first world championship in 88 years was also the lowest-rated World Series ever.

Chicago's four-game sweep of the Houston Astros averaged an 11.1 national rating with a 19 share on Fox. That's down about 7 percent from the previous low, an 11.9 with a 20 share for the 2002 World Series between the Anaheim Angels and the San Francisco Giants.

While the 2002 World Series, which went seven games, rated higher overall, it was only averaging an 11.0 through four games.

This year was a drop of almost 30 percent from last year's series, in which the Boston Red Sox swept the St. Louis Cardinals for their first title in 86 years. That had a 15.8 rating with a 25 share.

Wednesday night's 1-0 Chicago win had a 13.0 preliminary national rating with a 21 share. It was the highest-rated prime-time show on Fox since the final of "American Idol" in May, but still not enough to save the series from being the lowest-rated.

Despite rating so low in comparison to other World Series, the four games of this series were each the highest rated prime-time network programs on their respective nights."

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/28/05 04:58 PM

Tsk Tsk Tsk Irish, you didn't read MY post above from THE ONION....

BEsides, baseball is like Hollywood: People in general will go in masses to only see sequels, prequels, remakes, etc.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/28/05 05:05 PM

Some Yankee fans make me wonder - just how big is that chip on their shoulder and is it registered in the Guiness Book of World Records?

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/28/05 05:34 PM

Sad but true.....MLB does need the Yankees in there to gain respectable ratings.

The huge New York market notwithstanding, the Yankees have a tremendous following across the rest of the country, be it based on a love of the team or a hate for it.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/28/05 06:53 PM

Yet the 2000 World Series was only watched in NY. Personally, I watched the series because they were two exciting teams, even if they weren't the Yankees. :p

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/29/05 04:55 AM

Hmm, should I tell the Astros to not even try to make the playoffs next year, for the sake of ratings?

I can guarantee them I'll be watching if they make it - but really, I think I'd watch any playoff game I could, no matter the team.

Re: 2005 MLB Playoffs - 10/29/05 10:54 PM

My short little rant, brought to you by HURRICANE WILMA.

The Chicago White Sox were no DOUBT the better team on the field. Though I only got to see minimal World Series play due to the mentioned above, what I saw was one team not belonging on the same field as another. The Astros were just overmatched here, plain and simple. THEN AGAIN, it could've very well been 4-0 Astros, but that's the way the ball rolls. With RISP the 'Stros were the PITTS. Congrats to Shoeless Joe, who deserved this one the most.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET