Home

NFL: Buy or Sell Thread

Posted By: Double-J

NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 04:01 AM

I've been having quite a bit of fun with this on the GameFAQs boards, and I thought I'd start it here.

It goes just like the TV show, except we will have no points and whatnot.

Example:

Buy or Sell: The Cowboys are the best team in the NFL.

Turi - The Bills suck...etc. etc. etc.

And then turi posts a buy or sell question.

I'll start off.

Buy or Sell: Drew Bledsoe is in the twilight of his NFL career, and will actually hurt the Cowboys chances at getting back to over .500 this season.
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 04:04 AM

SELL - Sure Bledsoe has been mediocre at best in Buffalo, but you know what? Hes back with Bill Parcells, and didn't they both have some good years and even played in a Super Bowl?

I don't think Bledsoe will fly in Dallas, but screw it I'll buy. Besides, the Cowboys can't underacheive like last year, when Carter went out due to his drug problems.

-----------------------------------------------------------

BUY OR SELL - NFL #1 Draft pick Alex Smith will bomb with the San Francisco 49ers.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 04:18 AM

Buy. The 49ers offense can't supplant a solid first-year for the rookie QB. He might be good down the line, but he's going to have some severe growing pains in an offense like that.

-----

Buy or Sell - Drew Brees has another fantastic year, and the Chargers end up trading Philip Rivers for draft picks.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 04:26 AM

SELL - I like Drew Brees, but his seasons before last was mediocre, and I bet he returns to that neighborhood. He'll become a Free Agent, get a pretty nice contract with someone, and Rivers starts next season. If anything, the Raiders have Randy Moss now, the Broncos are slightly better, and well, Kansas City Cheifs are team-wise the best in the AFC West.

I'll be surprised if the Chargers actually win a Wildcard spot in the playoffs.

---------------------------------------------------------

BUY OR SELL - The on-going New England Patriots "Dynasty" of 3 rings in 4 years bears fruit one more time before its all said and done with another Super Bowl victory.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 04:29 AM

Buy. Until somebody proves otherwise, they are the elite, upper echelon of the NFL. Nobody can shut down the Colts to 3 points like they did. Nobody scores 40+ points against the Steelers. And they also kicked the NFC champs asses, yes?

And I hate them, btw.

-----

Buy or Sell - Dolphins finish in the basement of the NFL this year and draft Matt Leinart as their #1 in 2006.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 04:32 AM

I'll sell. The Dolphins will get a bottom 10-15 pick. They'll get at least 6-8 wins this year. (Not speaking as a homer. :p )

EDIT: BUY OR SELL? Jerry Rice will grab at least 50 receptions this year. (Couldn't think of anything better :p )

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 04:38 AM

No BUY or SELL question Donny boy?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 05:05 AM

SELL - Jerry Rice only got 30 receptions combined with the Raiders and Seahawks last season. If he couldn't get any more Receptions with that Seahawks squad with all those Receivers that couldn't catch worth a damn.....nope, Rice is done. I say at least 25 Reps should be his goal at the moment.

--------------------------------------------------------

BUY OR SELL - Terrell Owens will "fold" and report to Training Camp for the Philadelphia Eagles

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 05:10 AM

SELL: TO's knowing TO'S personality and his past, he won't fold. Plus, Drew Rosenhaus will get him his deal.

BUY OR SELL: Ben Rothelisberger will suffer a "sophomore slump."
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 05:12 AM

BUY- Owens wants a superbowl ring and there is no reason why Philadelphia cant pull the trigger this season.

BUY OR SELL- We have not yet seen the best from Peyton Manning.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 05:13 AM

SELL- Roetlisberger is a confident and talented young quarterback who still has one of the best supporting casts a QB could ask for. There is no reason why he doesnt perform this season. In fact, I think he is going to step up his game.

BUY OR SELL- We have not yet seen the best from Peyton Manning.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 02:32 PM

Buy. Manning is the real deal, and there is nobody better *right now* in the NFL. Granted, he also has the highest octane offense in the NFL, but he'd have a ring if it wasn't for the Colts abhorrent defense. I suspect that he will continue to do great things; but it goes to show that offense alone won't win you a Super Bowl.

-----

Buy or Sell - Seahawks and Rams duke it out again in the NFC Wild Card in 2006.
Posted By: goombah

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 02:42 PM

Sell - The Rams won't even make the playoffs this year. And depending on the contract situation with Shaun Alexander (if he holds out for the season as threatened), then Seattle may not make it either.

BUY or SELL: The Patriots, who have lost both their offensive & defensive coordinators, along with their best defensive player (Teddy Bruschi) will NOT represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 02:59 PM

Sell- Even without Bruschi the Patriots are still too good of a team to be counted out of the superbowl. They are still the best team in the AFC, if not the NFL.

Buy or sell- Ricky Williams is still high on dope and will not even break 1200 yards for the season.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 03:56 PM

BUY - Even if he is clear of the smoke, ole Ricky is still underweight from his "recreational" retirement and I see about 500 yards rushing from him this season. Besides, he'll be the veteran starter by default but honestly he'll be sharing time with the 1st round draft pick Ronnie Brown, who'll be, according to plan, slowly broken in.

BUY OR SELL - The Atlanta Falcons, led by Michael Vick, will have similar success like last season, when they made it up to the NFC Championship game before getting clipped by the Eagles.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
They are still the best team in the AFC, if not the NFL.
That automatically makes them the best team in the NFL, because the NFC sux0rs.

Quote:
BUY OR SELL - The Atlanta Falcons, led by Michael Vick, will have similar success like last season, when they made it up to the NFC Championship game before getting clipped by the Eagles.
I'll buy. Minnesota upgraded their team, but they lost Randy Moss, which hurts. And the Eggles will still be the *best* team. But the Falcons look to continue their winning ways, as long as Vick can stay relatively healthy, and they keep Alge Crumpler.

Buy or Sell - The Raiders, despite acquiring Randy Moss, still fail to make the playoffs in 2006.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 05:45 PM

Sell- I think the Raiders have finally built their team back up to greatness. Kerry Collins is a great QB, and now that he has a great primary target and an adequate line, look for him to put up great numbers.

Buy or Sell- This will be Brett Favres last season
Posted By: plawrence

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 05:54 PM

Buy. GB is on the downswing, and he won't hang around to play on a bad team.

Buy or Sell: Chad Pennington is gonna have a real bad season coming off his injury.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 06:25 PM

Buy - Injury or not, when has Pennington put up good numbers and been consistent in the NFL?

BUY or SELL: Mike Shanahan has backed himself into a corner with the questionable acquisitions of the past off-season, especially the castoffs from the Browns defense. By season's end, Shanahan will be fired.
Posted By: Jimmy Buffer

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 07:19 PM

Buy: The guy has won zero playoff games since John Elway retired. Just like Holmgren without Favre, it's funny how easy it is to quit looking like such a genius without a hall of famer under center. At least he's trying to be innovative. Usually teams raid the rosters of the Super Bowl teams, but Shanahan is trying something new by raiding the rosters of the non-playoff teams.

Buy or Sell: (On a related note) Clinton Portis ever approaches his production he had with the Broncos again?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 07:42 PM

Buy - Portis is a very good runner. I'm going to use your word "ever" as the caveat. He may not do it Washington, but then again Gibbs teams are traditionally run-heavy. While Portis' TD numbers certainly plummeted, his yardage was not that bad last year.

BUY or SELL - The Denver Broncos will regret drafting Maurice Clarrett by the end of the season.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 08:18 PM

Buy. He's a train wreck just waiting to happen.

Buy or sell: McNaab and T.O. will be able to work in harmony.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 08:33 PM

BUY - Really, McNabb and Owens may be the NFL's own take on Kobe Bryant and Shaq.

Fact is, they both NEED each other if they want to return to the Super Bowl, and actually WIN it. Sure McNabb has led the Eagles to 4 consecutive NFC Title games(including winning the last without the injured Owens), but what other Receivers worth any piss are on the team besides T.O.?

Exactly.

BUY OR SELL - By the end of his career, Quarterback Peyton Manning will own most, if not all, of recently-elected Hall of Famer Dan Marino's NFL passing records.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 08:34 PM

Sell. Can TO work in harmony with anyone? I think right now the only person who could ever play qb and make TO happy is Drew Rosenhaus, but give it a couple years and TO will hate him too.

Buy or Sell: The Detroit Lions will get a full 16 games out of their first round WR, Mike Williams?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 08:42 PM

BUY - The real question, will the Lions get real value out of Williams out of those 16 games with those 2 other 1st-round Wide-Receivers?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 08:43 PM

Buy. I think McNabb and the rest of the Eggles will go along with Owens as long as they are winning. But if the shite hits the fan, it could be some troubled times in P-Town.

Buy or Sell - The Cardinals actually make a playoff run this season, and manage to get into the Wild Card.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 08:56 PM

BUY - Dennis Green is a pretty darn good Head Coach. Sure maybe he is a dick, but all those years of Playoff days are really missed in Minnesota, which without Moss is now even more mediocre.

Anyway, Green finally has a decent stable Quarterback at the helm in Kurt Warner, who actually won several games with the Giants last season before being yanked.

Not to mention how WEAK WEAK WEAK the NFC West division is, with a lesser-Rams and so-so underacheiving Seahawks, and oh ya that other team....the 49ers....well no comment.

Hell, I think the Red Birds of Arizona might actually win the NFC West division!

BUY OR SELL - Eli Manning of the New York Giants will have a breakout year this season.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 08:58 PM

Sell. I think he might have a couple of good years ahead of him, I just think next year is too soon.

Buy or sell: The 49'ers will one day be back to the glory team they used to be.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 09:05 PM

BUY - Appropiately, they'll be good team again by at least 2049.

----------------------------------------------------------

BUY OR SELL - Joe Gibbs will get his Redskins aworking and maybe even a Wildcard spot in the playoffs.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 09:08 PM

Buy. I mean, they can't be in the basement forever, can they? But for them to regain their old status right now, they'd need to pay Joe Montana to come out of retirement, get a time machine and warp Jerry Rice back 10 years, and resign Terrell Owens. And get Bill Walsh back, too.

Buy or Sell - Dolphins trade either Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams at the end of the season to acquire a starting QB.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 09:10 PM

BUY - Not Ronnie, but Ricky. Really, the Dolphins just hope he has a pretty decent/good season so they could trade him at season's end for either a starting QB or better yet, a high-round draft pick.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:

[b]BUY OR SELL -
Joe Gibbs will get his Redskins aworking and maybe even a Wildcard spot in the playoffs. [/b]
Sell. I like Joe Gibbs, but much like his counterpart in Dallas, he is rudely awakened to find the NFL is much different than it was the last time 'round.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 09:15 PM

Buy or Sell - Giants Eli Manning tears it up this season, finishing in the Top 10 in both passing yards and TD's.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 09:35 PM

Buy - Manning will have a few more weapons and their defense sucks, so he'll be able to put up some decent stats.

BUY or SELL - The Browns will finish with the league's worst regular season record in 2005.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 10:01 PM

SELL. The 49ers will. (again)

BUY OR SELL?: Michael Vick will play 10+ seasons in his career.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/25/05 11:37 PM

Buy: Other scrambling qbs have had long careers and he does have talent. Even if some team doesn't think he can be a winning qb 6 years from now, that doesn't mean some team like the Raiders won't give him a shot to play rb or wr.

Buy or Sell: The Packers finish last in the NFC North this season.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 12:07 AM

Sell - Not when they're in the same division as the Bears & Lions and Favre is the QB.

BUY or SELL - The Chargers are the team who made last year's playoffs that are in the most danger of finishing at .500 or below.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 12:23 AM

SELL. The Rams are.

BUY OR SELL?: Michael Vick and The Falcons would be just as succesful on Offense without TE Alge Crumpler.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 01:23 AM

Buy. Alge Crumpler is a big part, but Vick also has Peerless Price and Warrick Dunn to toss it to. Not counting himself as the most amazing running QB.

Buy or Sell - It's the Jets year!

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 01:33 AM

SELL. What, are you kiddin' me?

BUY OR SELL?: Peyton Manning and the Colts will finally get past the Patriots and make it to the Super Bowl.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 02:03 AM

SELL - Bill Belichick is the Superman to the Colts' Lex Luthor...and in the comics, the bad guys always lose...for now.

BUY OR SELL - Quarterback Tom Brady of the New England Patriots is overrated.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 02:25 AM

Sell. Whether or not he is a "product of the system," Brady is overrated by Pats fans and underrated by Pats haters. Now, I hate the Pats, but dammit, he's a good field general, I'd take him on my team anytime.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 02:28 AM

Oops.

Buy or Sell - Steelers win it all this year, 27-14 over the Vikings.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 03:23 AM

SELL - Vikings?!?!?!?!?!!?

BUY OR SELL - The three best Quarterbacks in the NFL at the moment are Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Donovan McNabb.
Posted By: OleificioAndreassi

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 06:56 AM

2J- sounds good to me!!!

Buy. I personally would take 10-15 qb's over peyton if i were starting a team, but theres no denying the #'s he puts up, i HATE Brady...BUT hes the best, & McNabb gets the edge in the top 3 ahead of culpepper, vick, and favre, who he has recently passed up

Buy or Sell: Culpepper will struggle w/o the luxury of throwing to the best WR in NFL, like he has had his whole career
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 09:59 AM

Sell. I consider Culpepper one of the top QB's in the league and he will be without Moss. The Vikings have decent WR's in Robinson, Burleson and there top reciever last year in TE Wiggins will be back too. Not to mention the fast Troy Williamson. It's the running game that will be questionable with constant injuries and suspensions.

---------

Buy or Sell:

Cardinals make the playoffs.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 11:46 AM

Sell - Arizona has Kurt Warner as it's QB. Enough said. They'll be lucky to win 5 games.

BUY or SELL - Bill Cowher is the worst playoff coach in the NFL, with home losses in the AFC Championship game 4 times during his career. He can win in the regular season, but doesn't have what it takes when it really counts.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 01:48 PM

Sell. He's also led the Steelers to a Super Bowl where they lost against the Cowboys. Keep in mind, the Steelers are an AFC team, which means they face the toughest teams every year trying to and after getting into the playoffs. No, I think Cowher is a pretty decent coach, but his team just ends up meeting their achilles heel every year.

Buy or Sell - Willis McGahee, if healthy, challenges for the rushing title in 2006. Keep in mind, he played in only 11 games last season, and garnered 284 rushes (#10), 13 rushing TD's (#4th), and 1128 yards (#14).

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 02:03 PM

Buy: I don't think he'll win it, but he will certainly challenge till the very end.

Buy or Sell: Barry Sanders is the greatest running back of all-time.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 02:06 PM

Buy. He would've blasted the [rushing] record if not for his early retirement.

BUY OR SELL?: Peyton Manning will throw for at least 35-40 TD's this year.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 02:09 PM

Sell. Sanders was awesome, no doubt. But you've gotta look at others in the same echelon.

Quote:

Rushing Attempts

1. E Smith 4409
2. W Payton 3838
3. *J Bettis 3369
4. *C Martin 3298
5. B Sanders 3062
Quote:

Rushing TD's

1. E Smith 164
2. M Allen 123
3. W Payton 110
4. J Brown 106
5. J Riggins 104
6. *M Faulk 100
7. B Sanders 99

He's one of the best, but to name him the greatest of all time is still alot, considering Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Curtis Martin, Marshall Faulk, etc. are all arguably "the best."

-----

Buy or Sell - TO gets injured in Week 1.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don_Andrew:

[b]BUY OR SELL?:
Peyton Manning will throw for at least 35-40 TD's this year. [/b]
Buy. Now answer my TO question.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 02:24 PM

Sell. Sods Law says you butter one side of toast that's the piece that hits the floor when you drop it. TO hasn't been buttered yet (get that improved contract) and doesn't look likely too. Plus he's not really injury prone anyway and is probably one of the better players in the league for looking after his own body.

Buy or Sell: Harrington to be this seasons Drew Brees?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 02:51 PM

SELL - I think Chad Pennington might finally get his shit together and run with it...."might" being the magic word.

BUY OR SELL - Despite being #4 all-time in Rushing Yards and #10 in Rushing Touchdowns, Curtis Martin still doesn't get much respect that he deserves.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 02:59 PM

Buy - Martin is a good, but not great, RB and has amassed many yards and had a solid career. That said, I don't think he's worthy of the HOF.

BUY or SELL - Phillip Rivers will be starting in SD as QB by the end of the season.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 03:07 PM

BUY- I predict the Chargers to go back to their amazing losing ways, and Brees a benched Free Agent by Week 17.

BUY OR SELL - Dan Snyder of the Redskins is the most hated owner in sports.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 03:12 PM

Sell. The old man in New York is.

BUY OR SELL?: Terrell Owens will not spend past this season in an Eagles unfiorm.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 03:29 PM

Sell - He may have a big mouth but he's still too valuable to the team

BUY or SELL - The Colts make the Super Bowl this year?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 03:42 PM

SELL - Not when Belichick is still kicking with his toys in New England.

BUY OR SELL - Tampa Bay Buccaneers Head Coach John Gruden is on the "hot seat".

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 04:02 PM

Buy - They better do something quick

BUY or SELL - The Jets will be the sleepier team to make the Super Bowl?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 04:08 PM

Buy. Gruden's 24-24 as Bucs head coach. He hasn't had a winning season in 2 years, if he doesn't have one, he's on the chopping block.

BUY OR SELL?: Is Jim Hasslet on the "hot seat?"

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 04:09 PM

You skipped mine Don_Andrew

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
BUY or SELL - The Jets will be the sleepier team to make the Super Bowl?
Sell. I'm gonna say the Carolina Panthers.

Now answer my Jim Haslett question. :p

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
You skipped mine Don_Andrew
My bad, I was still writing my post up and gathering stats while you posted yours...

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don_Andrew:
[quote]Originally posted by Irishman12:
[b]BUY or SELL - The Jets will be the sleepier team to make the Super Bowl?
Sell. I'm gonna say the Carolina Panthers.

Now answer my Jim Haslett question. :p [/b][/quote]Sell - They're getting better. 8-8 isn't that horrible

BUY or SELL - Jerry Rice will retire after this season?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 05:02 PM

Buy. Unless he has a phenominal year with Plummer, he will probably be relegated to under 40 catches this season, maybe even 25. If he does well though, he might give it another shot, perhaps even San Francisco may take him back to try and bring back some old magic.

Buy or Sell - Are you buying that Alex Smith gets the freshman woes, and goes on to a career similar to other first round picks like Jeff George, or does he become a bona fide superstar?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 05:14 PM

Buy - Smith is on a bad team and is not a good QB. He may be the Ryan Leaf of this decade. Sell on him being an elite QB.

BUY or SELL - The NFL would be better off putting Monday Night Football on at 8:00 pm EST in order to attact more viewers. This, more than who the announcers are and what pre-game b.s. they put on the air, attracts viewers.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 07:18 PM

Buy. It it tough for us East Coasters who need to get up and go to work/school to sit through a game starting at 9 PM and not necessarily until 11 PM or 12 AM. If it was Friday Night Football, then that's a different story. Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing MNF on ESPN, and NBC getting the Sunday Night Games.

Buy or Sell - MNF moving from ABC to ESPN is a good move.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 09:13 PM

BUY - Over 70% of homes in the US at least have "cable" that include ESPN, so its not that drastic of a move as many have made it out to be. Besides, ABC was losing millions per year on MNF.
-------------------------------------------------------

BUY OR SELL - The Patriots' 3 titles in 4 seasons is more impressive than the Dallas Cowboys' similar dynasty of success in the 1990s.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/26/05 10:46 PM

Buy. For the most part, the competition and skill is much higher than it was overall in the early 90's. Not knocking those damn Cowboys, but the Pats have had to go through the toughest NFL teams 3 years in a row, endure personnel losses, and have players play alternate positions, and they still win. Even though the NFC isn't even worthy anymore, for the most part, the Pats have romped through EVERYBODY in the NFL.

Buy or Sell - We will not see the Patriots win the Super Bowl this year. In fact, it will be two teams we didn't even see make the playoffs in 2004, or at least made the Wild Card.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/27/05 12:45 AM

Buy the part about NE not winning the Super Bowl again this year. Too many changes: coordinators gone on both sides of the ball, Belichick calling the plays, and Bruschi out for the year.

Sell the part about a team not from the playoffs last year winning the Super Bowl this year.

And about the competition not being good for the Cowboys - does anybody remember Steve Young & the 49ers duking it out with Dallas in the NFC Conference Championships? Those games were better than the Super Bowl. And the Bills were the 1990s version of today's Colts and Dallas beat them twice.

BUY or SELL - Holmgren never wins another title (as a head coach) without Favre and vice versa.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/27/05 01:52 AM

BUY - Fact is, the NFC outside of Green Bay is too tough for Favre and his squad and well, Holmgren's SEAHAWKS are one under-playing club that will never live their great potential.

BUY OR SELL - The first non-American city to actually land a NFL franchise in the future is Mexico City.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/27/05 03:33 PM

Sell - I think Canada will get it before Mexico does

BUY or SELL - Eli Manning will be as good as Peyton in a couple of years?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/27/05 07:09 PM

SELL - I think Eli will be a very good/great Quarterback, but as good as Peyton? Nope!

BUY OR SELL - ESPN just announced their 2006 Monday Night Football team of Al Michaels and Joe Theisman, which is a great duo of broadcasters.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/27/05 07:17 PM

Buy - I like Al

BUY or SELL - Dolphins make the playoffs this year with Ricky Williams back?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/27/05 07:32 PM

Sell - Ricky didn't get them into the playoffs before he "retired", when Miami had a better team. He's not in football shape and he may not even get his starting position back if the rookie plays well in the 1st four games Ricky is suspended.

BUY or SELL - The Rookie of the Year will be Braylon Edwards

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/27/05 08:33 PM

Sell. It's going to be Cadillac Williams. Does Cleveland even have an offense?

Buy or Sell - Either Alexander or James are traded before the end of the season.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/27/05 08:39 PM

BUY - No way is Alexander going to be dealt with Holmgren still as coach - he's fighting to keep his job. Edge is expendable in that offense, although I think he's more key than Harrison. But I see the Colts point - Edge had major knee surgery and RBs usually have much shorter careers than WRs. But Harrison is already 33-34 and showing signs of slowing up. Indy should do another Faulk-Edge trade and get younger at RB by getting a stud.

BUY or SELL - Hines Ward's threatened holdout will help contribute to Roethlisberger's sophomore slump. That, coupled with the fact that Staley & Bettis can't get through a season without injuries, will limit the Pittsburgh offense's effectiveness.

In re: previous post - Cleveland's offense is only Braylon Edwards and perhaps Lee Suggs. Other than that, they have nothing of value.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/27/05 11:00 PM

Sell, because I don't believe Roethlisberger will have a sophomore slump. Though yes, Hines Ward as a holdout will hurt the Steelers, especially since they lost Plexi-glass Burris in the offseason. And the Duce and Bettis should be able to tandem run it this year pretty well, as long as one doesn't get hurt. They should even up the carries so one or the other isn't overexerted.

---

Buy or Sell - The NFC West is the worst division in football right now.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/28/05 03:49 AM

BUY - What other division in the NFL could a 9-7 or 8-8 ballclub could be division champs?!?!

BUY OR SELL - If Tom Brady was to get in a auto accident and never could play football again, hes a future Hall of Famer.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/28/05 04:48 AM

Sell: His run has been too short. He is well on his way, but he can't get all that credit for the Pats Super Bowl teams.

Buy or Sell: Players should hold out when they outperform their contracts because if they underperform, they will be cut.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/28/05 04:55 AM

BUY - Its a risky act, but I understand many stars for doing it....except maybe T.O.!

BUY OR SELL - Bill Belichick will suffer fatally without his two long-time Coordinators.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/28/05 05:02 AM

Sell: I think it will be a lot tougher to repeat with those two gone, but I doubt he'll fall flat on his face. He's still got a lot of the same players.

Buy or Sell: Offense wins games. Defense wins championships.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/28/05 05:14 AM

BUY - Look at that Baltimore Ravens-Super Bowl winning team.

BUY OR SELL - Michael Vick is underrated in terms of being a Quarterback by most Football writers.
Posted By: zo

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/28/05 07:04 AM

im gonna have to sell that one...while he does have great talent..he is just not a pure quarterback...yet...if he cann work on that arm then he will be a great quarterback

buy or sell - the 49ers are gonna have a playoff appearence in the near future and theyre working on another greeat competitive team

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/28/05 02:25 PM

Sell - If, by near future, you mean this year or next

BUY or SELL - Carson Palmer is going to be in the top 5 in the league in TDs, Yardage, and completions in 2005.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/28/05 05:30 PM

Buy. He's got the tools, and he's developed well. I think this will be his true breakout year. Housmanetc, etc, etc, Warrick, and Chad "that's my gold mouthgard, bitch!" Johnson should help him tremendously. Look for him near the top in QB rating and passing yds.

-----

Buy or Sell - Kurt Warner will rekindle his Rams magic with the Cardinals this season.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/29/05 10:24 AM

Tough one. I don't buy that Warner will rekindle his Rams form but I think he'll play well enough and win games with those young recievers and now JJ Arrington in the back field. Their conference is weak, their division is weak so they could get a wildcard spot if they win 8 games. So slightly a buy there so I don't get muted.

Buy or Sell - Bruschi plays football in '06?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/29/05 12:59 PM

Sell - What for? He has 3 rings and millions of dollars and still has all of his marbles. Why risk it? What's the significance of winning 4 rings instead of 3 - will he sleep better? Absolutely not.

BUY or SELL - Brett Favre has been riding the coattails of his own early career success. He has been a huge big-game disappointment for the Packers since 1999 and played very poorly in the playoffs.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/29/05 06:02 PM

Sell. Brett Favre is a legitimate Hall of Famer, and one of the best QB's of our era. The Packers have come up short in recent years not because of him, but because they don't have the personnel to match their super bowl success (which included Brooks and Freeman at WR, Reggie White at DE, et al).

-----

Buy or Sell - There will be more trading this season in the NFL than in years past, especially with many "stars" unhappy with their current contract, including TO, Jevon Walker, Edgerrin James, and Shaun Alexander.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/29/05 10:57 PM

SELL - Trades in the NFL are rare, and such mega trades are even rarer...and what is more statistically unlikely? All those possible mega-trades in the same season. Besides, many of those teams hope to lock those players onto a long-term deal in the off-season.

BUY OR SELL - Brett Favre is the toughest QB in NFL history.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/29/05 11:17 PM

Buy. Both emotionally and physically, he's gotta be the iron man. Granted, guys like McNair have had their fair-share of shots, but Favre just doesn't seem to die.

-----

Buy or Sell - Even with Randy Moss, the Raiders finish with a worse record in 2005 than they did in 2004.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/30/05 09:27 PM

SELL - How can the Raiders be WORSE this season with Moss? They won't be good, but they will improve.

BUY OR SELL - Al Davis of the Oakland Raiders is the most eccentric owner in the NFL.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/30/05 09:31 PM

Buy. Because I can't think of any better ones, off the top of my head.

---

Buy or Sell - The 49ers show improvement this year, going at least .500.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/30/05 09:40 PM

SELL - At least?!?! .500 should be their ultimate goal this season.

BUY OR SELL - We are running out of BUY OR SELL questions regarding the NFL.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/31/05 01:54 PM

Sell - Just need to be creative.

BUY or SELL - Bill Parcells will not be the head coach of Dallas at this time next year.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 07/31/05 07:23 PM

Buy. He's pulled one-too-many rabbits out of his hat, and is running out of hats (and rabbits). He's reunited Bledsoe and Terry Glenn, and has got Keyshawn Johnson, which, on paper, wouldn't be bad, except they are all (with marginally the exception of Johnson) way past their primes, and in the twilight of their careers. Julius Jones, if healthy, will be a good rusher, and they've beefed up their O-Line, but will Roy Williams alone be enough to support the formerly superb defense in Dallas?

-----

Buy or Sell - Steven A. Smith is the most annoying sportscaster on the planet, and pretends to know what he is talking about when it comes to all sports except basketball.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/01/05 02:40 AM

SELL - Yet you forget about Skip Bayless, who actually makes Mr. Smith seem more rational?

BUY OR SELL - Head Coach Tony Dungy is a roadblock keeping the Colts from winning the Super Bowl.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/01/05 02:43 AM

Sell. Their defense is.

BUY OR SELL?: Dan Marino: the greatest QB ever?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/01/05 09:41 AM

Sell. He's got a case for being the best QB never to win a Superbowl but that will be challenged by the end of Manning's career if he never does it himself. If Marino had just one ring he'd have a case no doubt because raw talent and efficiency alone he deserves to be mentioned along the sides of Johnny U, Staubach, Nameth, Montana etc.

Buy or Sell - Vick doesn't run for half as many yards as last season in '05?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/01/05 04:32 PM

Sell. Vick will still run all over the NFL defenses, but will probably also lead the NFL in times sacked again.

-----

Buy or Sell - Roethlisburger is going to lead the Steelers to the Super Bowl in 2005.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/01/05 04:41 PM

Sell - Gotta get by New England and Indy

BUY or SELL - Barry Sanders would have broken Payton's record easily had he had a line in Detroit like Emmitt had in Dallas?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/01/05 08:34 PM

BUY - Hell, Barry would have broken Payton's record easily if he had stayed in the game.

BUY OR SELL - Joe Namath is the WORST Quarterback in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/01/05 11:20 PM

Sell. Joe Willie Namath deserves to be there.

-----

Buy or Sell - One of the rookie RB's sets the rushing title for 2005 (Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, etc.)

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/01/05 11:45 PM

Sell: None of the first round backs are guranteed to be their team's featured runner. All three will probably end up splitting time and carries.

Buy or Sell: JJ Arrington will lead all rookie runners in rushing yards.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/02/05 12:40 AM

Sell - Cadillac Williams will be the leading rookie rusher.

Whoever posted about Walter Payton not having a line needs to dig a little deeper. He played on some lousy teams for a lot of years. Sure, the '85 team won the title and they were a good line. But for nearly a decade, Payton's line gave Sanders' line a run for the money in being lackluster.

BUY or SELL - The most overrated QB in the NFL is Chad Pennington.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/02/05 12:58 AM

Buy. Although Vick and now Roethlisburger come in close second and third. The day I heard Joe Theismann compare Pennington to Joe Montana, and claiming that he will be the greatest QB of our generation, was the day I muted the TV wheneverTheismann talked. Now I've got to mute the whole damn MNF broadcast.

-----

Buy or Sell - A new team leads the AFC East this season other than the Patriots.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/02/05 06:42 PM

BUY - I think Indy will finally get there this year from the AFC

BUY or SELL - The NFL has the best thing going regarding salaries when compared to the NBA & MLB. No guaranteed contracts should be standard in all leagues.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/02/05 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goombah:
BUY - I think Indy will finally get there this year from the AFC
But I said AFC East, Indy is in the AFC South.

Quote:
BUY or SELL - The NFL has the best thing going regarding salaries when compared to the NBA & MLB. No guaranteed contracts should be standard in all leagues.
Sell. Granted, while MLB has exorbitant salaries, they do seem to have more player "loyalty" (obviously there are some major exceptions), but to me, I think the NFL is close second, or at least a parity for the best.

-----

Buy or Sell - Matt Jones, who most Jaguar fanboys think will be the savior of the franchise, will not be able to carry his success into the NFL.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/02/05 07:51 PM

I read too quickly. NE still wins the AFC East. I misread as who would rep the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/02/05 07:55 PM

It's okay. Now answer my Matt Jones question!

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/02/05 09:55 PM

BUY - A Tight-End lead a 9-7 club to salvation? Sure okay whatever....

BUY OR SELL - The greatest dynasty in NFL history is the Pittsburgh Steelers of the 1970s.
Posted By: suspect_5

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/02/05 10:12 PM

BUY: That's the dynasty that kept beating the Cowboys right, well in my book that makes them the greatest.

BUY or SELL: Maurice Clarett will not be a waste of a third round pick.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/02/05 10:25 PM

BUY - I think Clarett will be a decent, but forgettable player at his position. Maybe a solid back-up is his future?

BUY OR SELL - Assuming that the Cowboys is indeed his last coaching stint, Bill Parcells is a first-ballot Hall of Fame coach.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/03/05 02:33 PM

BUY - 2 Super Bowl rings, another Super Bowl appearance, and anyone who can resurrect Vinny Testeverde to the kind of season he had in 1998 is a lock for the first ballot.

BUY or SELL - The game has changed so significantly since his last coaching stint that Joe Gibbs is in over his head in today's NFL.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/03/05 04:07 PM

BUY - However, I think Gibbs will have a better season and maybe even end up 8-8 or 9-7. Neverless how his tenure with the Redskins end, he'll still be a legend with the fans...trust me, hes bought that security lock with those 3 rings of his.

BUY OR SELL - Marty Schotteheimer, the winning-est Head Coach in NFL history to have never coached in the Super Bowl(before that, the NFL Title Game) will not make the Hall of Fame.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/03/05 05:06 PM

Buy - Marty doesn't deserve to be in the HOF. He is a big game coach who chokes. Everywhere he's been, from Cleveland to KC to SD, all of his playoffs have a common denominator - failure. He gets too conservative and is also a victim of some bad luck. But just b/c he's hung around to be one of the coaches with the most victories shouldn't entitle him to a shrine in Canton, OH.

BUY or SELL - Ray Lewis should not be one of the NFL players that the league is always hyping in its commercials. Despite not being convicted, he was involved in a double murder investigation. Out of the 3,000-plus NFL players, you would think the league could find another fine LB to promote.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/03/05 06:37 PM

SELL - True, but the NBA is now back to pimping Kobe Bryant. Life isn't fair. Besides, Ray Lewis is one of the top defensive stars in the NFL and a sure-future lock at the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Besides, did Lawrence Taylor's infamous off-field problems stop his viability at the time?

BUY OR SELL - Peyton Manning will become this generation's Dan Marino.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/03/05 06:55 PM

Sell - Peyton will win a ring before it's all said and done.

I would agree to a point about Lewis. Except your comparisons of Kobe & LT were for far less serious things than murder. Rape is a horrible crime, don't get me wrong. But two people died in Lewis' involvement. All LT did was snort some drugs which made him act ridiculous at times.

Put it this way. If OJ had accused of his double murder crimes during the prime of his career and then been acquitted, would the NFL be so giddy to put him in their commercials promoting the league? Not likely.

BUY or SELL - Deuce McCallister will bounce back from a subpar year and regain his Pro-Bowl form.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/04/05 12:50 AM

Buy. As long as he can remain healthy, he should take the Saints to a fairly decent record this year in the dismal NFC.

-----

Buy or Sell - the NFL has the best steroid policy out of any of the major North American sports (excluding the IOC).

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/06/05 05:30 PM

BUY - Who else will I pick?

BUY OR SELL - NFL Preason at about 4 games is WAY too long. Should be 2 games at most instead.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/06/05 05:50 PM

Sell. The preseason is where teams really can see, in a game situation, who is going to help their team, and who isn't. It also gives rookies valuable in-game experience. It's tough cutting that roster from 80+ to about 52 by week 1. If anything, they should have more inter-game scrimmages like the Bills and Packers just did.

-----

Buy or Sell - Willis McGahee has the nastiest stiff arm the NFL has seen in some time.

Example:

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/07/05 07:41 PM

Hmm, I don't know. Good stiff-arms are in the eye of the beholder...

BUY OR SELL?: Steve Young is the GREATEST left-handed scrambling Quarterback ever?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/07/05 08:46 PM

BUY - Hell he is so-far the only Left-handed QB elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame...

BUY OR SELL - Dan Marino is the greatest QB to never win the Super Bowl.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/07/05 11:41 PM

Sell. As a Buffalo Bills fan, I've gotta stick with my man, Jim "K-Gun" Kelly. Granted, you could argue either way, but since I'm a Buffalonian, I pick him.

-----

Buy or Sell - Ladanian Tomlinson is the best pure RB in the NFL right now.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/09/05 10:21 PM

BUY - Also, hes the most criminally underrated RB in the league.

BUY OR SELL - The New York Jets have vastly improved team-wise by the Free Agent signing of former Patriots Cornerback Ty Law.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/10/05 10:55 AM

I'm going to buy. With a relatively young team a proven veteran could be just what the team needs even if his injury keeps him on the sidelines.

Buy or Sell - Ray Lewis fulfills his prophecy of becoming the league MVP. Ha. Ok just defensive MVP.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/10/05 11:35 PM

SELL - What prophecy? Ray Lewis is among the best and most dominating/feared Linebackers in the NFL since the end of "L.T." - Instant First-Ballot Hall of Famer! Ya he'll shoot his way to Canton... :p

BUY OR SELL - Wide-Receiver Andre Reed and Running Back Thurman Thomas, of the 1990s mini-dynasty of the Buffalo Bills, won't be elected when they become eligible for the HOF next year.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/11/05 07:04 PM

BUY - Thomas was once a lock, but hung around too long. He was the Marshall Faulk or Priest Holmes of the late 80s and early 90s.

BUY or SELL - Despite the flap in Philly with T.O., the Eagles need the player more than the player needs the team. He'll be back, contract notwithstanding.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/11/05 07:16 PM

BUY - At least this season....

BUY OR SELL - Patriots Head CoachBill Belichick, whenever he retirs, is a HOF lock.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/11/05 07:48 PM

BUY. If they win it again this year, he should be inducted without the 5 year wait. And as a Browns fan, it's tough to see him learn on the job here and then do so well somewhere else.

BUY or SELL - Nick Saban will have no more success than other college turned NFL coaching busts like Spurrier and Butch Davis.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/11/05 08:33 PM

BUY - What does he have in Miami? Aging defensive stars in Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor, the former pothead/underweight Ricky Williams, an unsigned 1st Round draft pick of a running back, and oh ya.......WHAT quarterback!?!?!?!

BUY OR SELL - The AFC East Division rankings by Week 17 of the 2005 NFL Season will go like this:

1. New York Jets
2. New England Patriots
3. Buffalo Bills
4. Miami Dolphins

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/12/05 12:43 PM

Sell, I personally see it ending that way but I've learned in the recent past never to count out the Patriots until they're out. I can't see New England being the top dominating team of the division but they'll probably, some how, will be. Plus the Jets are too unpredictable yet. I like Herm but he made some bad decisions last year.

Buy or Sell - One or more of the Detroit Lions Wide Recievers will make the probowl this year.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/12/05 02:10 PM

BUY - Charles Rogers will trip and break his leg in thirty places and be out again before playing a down. Mike Williams will take some time to adjust to the NFL and not playing football for over 1 year. So that leaves Roy Williams, who is one of the league's best young WR.

BUY or SELL - The teams with the best regular season records will be Indianapolis at 12-4 in the AFC and Minnesota at 12-4 in the NFC.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/12/05 03:24 PM

SELL - That is assuming that Peyton Manning and his Colts finally defeat their great arch-nemesis....THE PATRIOTS. Not to mention I can't see Minnesota being the best team in the conference.

BUY OR SELL - Mike Shanahan of the Denver Broncos is a HOF Coach.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/12/05 03:27 PM

Oh and goombah, there isn't a 5-year waiting list for Head Coaches. Basically, you can retire and after one season of total retirement, you become eligible for election. Like Don Shula quitting after the 1995 season, he was elected in the Class of 1997.

Just FYI.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/12/05 10:51 PM

Sell - I've actually had to check the HOF site to see what coaches have been emortalised at Canton and by the names of the modern era that I recognise there's: Shula, Noll, Gibbs, Stram, Walsh, Lombardi and Landry. No way does Shanahan deserve a place amongst their names.

Buy or Sell - Chad Johnson remains the top receiver in yardage for the AFC.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/13/05 01:44 AM

BUY - He has the talent to do so....

BUY OR SELL - Super Bowl sunday is truely an unofficial National Holiday in America.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/13/05 03:50 PM

Sell - People still have to work in some cases, and miss the game, though I suspect any hardcore football fan would make plans long ahead to get time off. Also, many who work probably hate football. So it's a yes/no answer. And you'll just have to like it.

-----

Buy or Sell - ESPN continues to show it's relatively anti-Bills bias by not showing any injury news in its ticker, and pushing Bills players who have been traded (such as Travis Henry's "AMAZING" performance of 28 yards last nite) while giving the Bills no air time whatsoever (you could apply this to a few other small market teams as well).

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/14/05 02:40 AM

SELL - You're bias against ESPN is unjustly wrong. :p

BUY OR SELL - Nick Sabban will do squat during his entire tenure with the Miami Dolphins.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/15/05 08:54 PM

BUY - By squat, I would define that as taking his team deep into the playoffs. BUY all the way.

BUY or SELL - Carson Palmer will have a better year than Eli Manning.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/15/05 11:28 PM

Buy - I don't think Eli is going to be nearly as good as his brother, or projected as a fantasy staple in years to come as many say. I suspect he will have a mediocre year, while Palmer finally develops into the QB that Cincinnati has been waiting for. Granted, I think the Bengals are being pumped up this year and are severely overrated, but Palmer will have a good year.

-----

Buy or Sell - Peyton Manning throws 50 TD's this upcoming season.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/16/05 12:11 AM

SELL - Peyton just barely threw 49 TDs. No way he comes close to 49 again!

BUY OR SELL - Terrell Owens is the most hated player in the NFL right now.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/16/05 12:01 PM

Buy - even the Eagles fans aren't liking him too much at the moment.

Buy or Sell - The Eagles have a 1000 year receiver this season.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/16/05 02:40 PM

Sell - TO broke almost all of the Eggles single-season WR records last year. Without him, they have Lewis, Pinkston (IR), and some scrubs. I don't think so.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/16/05 02:42 PM

Oops...forgot the question.

Buy or Sell - The Titans return to their old form this year, and a healthy McNair leads them to a playoff run.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 08/16/05 02:42 PM

Sell - Too many changes for the Titans. They are rebuilding. McNair's career is effectively over.

BUY or SELL - The first coach to be fired this season will be New Orleans' Jim Haslett.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 09/05/05 05:41 PM

SELL - With Katrina and all, and considering its The "Aints", Haslett won't get fired...yet.

BUY OR SELL - Brett Favre expected to pass 50,000 and assumingly displace John Elway for #2 in the list in this season as well, Quite impressive!. Both Kerry Collins and Peyton Manning will pass over the 30,000 career passing yard mark, Drew Bledsoe over 40,000 yards. Of Collins, Manning, and Bledsoe, who's career milestone is more impressive?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 09/07/05 01:00 PM

Erm that's not quite a Buy or Sell question but I'll easy go for Manning. Look at his consecutive 4000+ yard seasons he's had and he hasn't been around the NFL as long as Collins or Bledsoe.

Buy or Sell - Weis is in a much better position that Crennel?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 09/08/05 03:44 PM

SELL - I think Weis will actually do fine at Notre Dame, but Crennel has one great advantage: The "alumni" and fans of the Cleveland Browns aren't spoiled to return to those great days. Fact is, the last NFL title that the Browns have won was in the 60s. No offense to Dawg Pound fans, but Crennel isn't in as much pressure and expectations as Weis.

BUY OR SELL - Named a Senior Finalist for election to the Class of 2006 for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, former Heach Coach-turned-commentator-turned-Video Game Franchise Name John Madden will be voted into Canton.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 09/13/05 05:47 PM

Sell - who gives a crap about Madden. He's been out of coaching for 25+ years and he won a Super Bowl once and had a very short career (approx 10 yrs) as an NFL coach. Granted, he's done a lot in the booth and contributed to the game, but his coaching doesn't make him worthy of Canton IMHO. That's like saying Brian Billick deserves to go just b/c Balt won it once. The only way Billick goes is if he buys a ticket.

BUY or SELL - Green Bay will not win more than 8 games this year.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 12/07/05 05:37 PM

BUY or SELL - Green Bay will not win more than 8 games this year.
A: Ok I didn't think GB would be good, but never did I think they'd be 2-10 on Dec 7th.

BUY or SELL - Of the contenders in the AFC, San Diego will not make the playoffs. The 2 Wild Card teams will be Pittsburgh and Kansas City.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 12/07/05 05:41 PM

Sell. San Diego's gonna be in, Pittsburgh out (sorry Turi)

Shaun Alexander will win the M.V.P.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 12/07/05 07:18 PM

BUY - by a hair over Tomlinson. Alexander will probably set the NFL TD mark by season's end and have about 1,800 yards if Seattle is still playing for home-field going into the last week of the season.

BUY or SELL - Two of these three coaches will not be back with their teams next year: Bill Parcells, Dennis Green, and Brian Billick

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 12/09/05 04:41 AM

SELL - Parcells is staying, Green will have at least one more season, and ditto with Billick.

BUY OR SELL - the Steelers will NOT make the playoffs.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 12/09/05 04:46 AM

Buy. They're too banged up all over the place.

Buy or Sell: Pats make the Playoffs and don't get passed the first round?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 12/09/05 05:10 AM

BUY - The Patriots are too inconsistent to survive the 1st Round. Funny enough, they play like the Seawhawks did last year, who of which were knocked out in the 1st round as well.

BUY OR SELL - The 2006 Hall of Fame Class is: Aikman, White, Madden, Moon

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 12/09/05 12:51 PM

Sell - I don't think Moon will make this year. He's worthy and will make it some day, but not 2006.

BUY or SELL - Had Reggie White been alive today, he still would be a first ballot HOFer.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 12/09/05 02:31 PM

BUY - Living or down under the ground, White is one of those "Guaranteed" locks. A no brainer for sure!

BUY OR SELL - Michael Irvin's recent pot bust will keep him out of the Hall of Fame for at least ONE more year.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 12/13/05 11:57 PM

Buy.

Buy or Sell: The Miami Dolphins will be a playoff team in at least two or three years.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 12/14/05 04:21 AM

BUY - Remeber, as unlikely as it is, the Dolphins still have a slim shot at winning the AFC East Division. Real promising in the next few years.

BUY or SELL - Super Bowl 40 will be played between the Colts and Seahawks.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 12/15/05 03:41 PM

SELL - Colts, yes but not the Seahawks. I think they'll lose out to Atlanta or Carolina.

BUY or SELL - Of all the current playoff contending teams, the Bears have the worst offense and worst QB in Kyle Orton.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 12/16/05 11:14 AM

Buy Buy Buy. They have one of the worst offenses in the whole of the NFL and I don't think they're anywhere close to other playoff teams in that regard. They're defense has been carrying them, getting excellent field position at times and they're still not fully capitalising on it. I liked Orton and had defended him a lot but he hasn't quite developed like I'd hoped.

I feel like changing the format:

Over or Under - Aaron Brooks starts 1 more game for the Saints in his career.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 12/16/05 09:04 PM

Since there is no "Who Cares?" option, I'll say BUY.

Turi, just curious. How much football do you get to see over there? Do you have a satellite or do you primarily see highlights? I ask because you seem to be very informed about the NFL.

BUY or SELL - The TV execs are kicking themselves in the ass for having this coming Monday's debacle of Balt vs. Green Bay. I know they wanted to have a game late in the season to highlight Favre, but come on. Does anyone beside the players families care about this one?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 12/17/05 03:13 AM

BUY. BUY. BUY. They should be commiting suicide. Every Sunday Night game has feautered the Saints, Jets, or Texans.

Buy or Sell: J.P. Losman will never be succesful in the NFL.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 12/17/05 12:57 PM

Quote:
Turi, just curious. How much football do you get to see over there? Do you have a satellite or do you primarily see highlights? I ask because you seem to be very informed about the NFL.
You haven't seen how I'm doing in the Salary Cap league

Sunday without fail I'll watch two games on satillite at 6 and 9pm approx (1 and 4pm ET). The games are decided by the producers and 95% of the time they're good choices. It's kind of a ritual, I've got a small clique of mates into the game and invite them round. Terrestrial TV will show the late Sunday night and MNF game. They don't kick off until about 1.30am here so if they're decent games I'll set the video recorder.

I also subscribe to a seperate channel dedicated to American sports with all the ESPN shows - NFL Total Access, Matchup, PTI, MNF countdown etc. The internet is a great tool too. I love it. In America that might seem normal, over here I'm a NFL geek.

Quote:
BUY or SELL - The TV execs are kicking themselves in the ass for having this coming Monday's debacle of Balt vs. Green Bay. I know they wanted to have a game late in the season to highlight Favre, but come on. Does anyone beside the players families care about this one?
Isn't it next year the new rulings come into play where later MNF games on the schedule can be changed so this situation doesn't happen anymore.

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:

Buy or Sell: J.P. Losman will never be succesful in the NFL.
I'm going to sell. For the near future anyway. The NFL judges success by your wins. He may turn out to be a pretty decent QB given time but I can't see Buffalo with a winning record in the near future. The Patriots are the Patriots and Miami look to have some potential.

Buy or Sell - The Eagles get back to winning ways next year?

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 01/12/06 12:43 PM

Well screw you guys then. I'll play with myself.

Sell. The East has become quite a competitive division now and it may be too hard for them to bounce back to dominating, or even winning ways. Defensively they're sound but because of key injuries on the offense, loss of a good offensive co ordinator, we'll have to see how they play out. They may need a season to recover.

Buy or Sell: The Broncos, wait for it, finally win a playoff game without Elway.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 01/12/06 01:07 PM

Sell. Jake the Fake won't win a game when his opponents are Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, and Tedy Bruschi.

BUY or SELL - The Colts will not cover the 9 point spread against the Steelers.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 01/12/06 01:28 PM

Oh man it's 9 points? Without sounding biased I'll buy. We were one of the rare few teams to limit the Colts to under 30 points when they played at full strength this season. If we can do that again we should have a decent chance of remaining within 9 points or better with them now that we're scoring well.

Fingers crossed!

Buy or Sell: Assuming Bush declares eligible today, LenDale White is the second RB taken in the draft...

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 01/12/06 05:39 PM

BUY - Pretty obvious from Running Back U, umm?

BUY or SELL - The New York Jets should hire the rookie Defensive Coordinator from the New England Patriots as their new Head Coach instead of recently-fired guys like Tice, Haslet, etc.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 01/12/06 06:03 PM

Sell. I know NFL teams all over are salivating at discovering the next Belichick desciple and Mangini has had a decent career working his way up through the ranks but the Jets are in terrible shape. One year of being a defensive co ordinator doesn't make him too experienced in my book - especially to take on a NY team and their media. They should look for experience and hopefully experience of turning a franchise around. The current pool of former HC's is quite good, I'd consider them first.

Buy or Sell: Detroit Lions with their first round pick draft a wide... Just kidding.

Buy or Sell: More head coaching changes are to come.
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 01/12/06 06:52 PM

Buy. Green Bay signed the 49'ers offensive coordinator as their new head coach.

BUY or SELL.. The Oakland Raiders will sign Terrel Owens for next season.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 01/12/06 08:47 PM

Buy - What if Al Davis drafts Marcus Vick to boot? What a headcase offense that would be - Moss, TO, and Vick. Maybe offer Clarett a contract and call it a day.

Turi - you're right - 9 points is too high a spread for Indy-Pitt.

BUY or SELL - The Super Bowl will be Indy vs. Carolina

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 01/13/06 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by scarfacetm:
Buy. Green Bay signed the 49'ers offensive coordinator as their new head coach.

Well the question implied new head coaching changes - Not filling in current vacancies. Like the alleged Mularky resignation.

Buy. (Took some balls decided this one). Carolina look to be the best team in the NFC all round. Their experience should help too. Indy have been unstoppable when games matter this year. If they play NE again it wont be in the cold.

Buy or Sell: Keeping Billick in charge of the Ravens was a good move.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 01/13/06 02:24 PM

Sell - Billick's time is done. He has an aging defense and an inconsistent QB. When they won the Super Bowl in 2000, it wasn't because of him - the defense had been assembled by Ozzie Newsome the 4 previous years. Billick came as this highly touted offensive "genius" from Minnesota. Name me one season in his tenure where Balt's offense was anything but mediore at best.

BUY or SELL - The Saints will take Leinart over Vince Young b/c NO is gun-shy about taking another running QB after the disappointment of Aaron Brooks.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 01/13/06 03:41 PM

Quote:
Sell - Billick's time is done. He has an aging defense and an inconsistent QB. When they won the Super Bowl in 2000, it wasn't because of him - the defense had been assembled by Ozzie Newsome the 4 previous years. Billick came as this highly touted offensive "genius" from Minnesota. Name me one season in his tenure where Balt's offense was anything but mediore at best.
I love it though, don't you. He's bound to stick to Boller as well.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 01/14/06 08:41 PM

SELL - They'll pick Leihart because Young will get drafted by somebody else before them....

BUY OR SELL - The best possible match-up for Super Bowl 40 is the Colts and Seahawks.
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 01/14/06 08:50 PM

Buy. 2 superpowers going at it. Would be very entertaining.

Buy or Sell: The Lions should keep Joey Harrington.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 01/15/06 02:10 PM

Sell sell sell. I was a strong Harrington supporter before the '05 season. Even went as far as to say he'd be the Brees of the season. The guys a bust but maybe a change in scenery could help him.

Buy or Sell: Favre retires.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 01/15/06 09:47 PM

BUY - Why should Favre come back?

BUY OR SELL - Steelers are the favorite for sunday's game.

Re: NFL: Buy or Sell Thread - 01/18/06 01:15 PM

SELL. Denver is undefeated at home. That being said, I think the Steelers will win, but should not be favored.

BUY or SELL - NFL officiating this postseason is as at its worst.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET