Home

Tour de France

Posted By: Al.Neri

Tour de France - 07/21/05 12:03 PM

I don't know if anybody's watching Tour de France here, but for me this is the main sporting event this summer. My favorite is Thor Hushovd, still with the green jersey. I am sure Lance will win again with the great team Discovery Team behind his back, they are 100% focused on getting him into Paris safe with the yellow jersey. Quite impressive.

Who do you think will be the Tour de France-king the years to come? and what do you think about the Tour so far?
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Tour de France - 07/21/05 12:32 PM

When is it over? Sunday? I think they're on stage 17 and it's only 20 right? I don't follow the Tour de France, only that Lance wins
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Tour de France - 07/24/05 01:56 AM

I hope McEwen will win the green jersey.

Next years Ullrich, (Mancebo), Basso, Valverde, and Cunego will compete for the yellow jersey.
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Tour de France - 07/24/05 10:09 PM

Congrats Lance on your 7th Win!!!.

DS
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Tour de France - 07/25/05 01:49 AM

Much like Danica Patrick (though not as prevalent), I'm tired of hearing about how great Lance Armstrong is. Granted, I support him as the US racer, and he overcame cancer, which is a tremendous feat in itself. But all I hear nowadays is how "Danica is taking racing by storm" and "Armstrong did this."

I'm just tired of it all focusing on 2 or 3 people. For awhile it was Tiger Woods, and then Roddick.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Tour de France - 07/25/05 01:52 AM

yes but Lance actually did something. Danica (who's name is irritating I might add) has not really done anything, they are just trying to market her because she is decent and has female parts (you know I'm right). It is hard to compare Danica to Lance though, since Lance is the BEST out there and is the only "competitive cyclist" at the Tour.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Tour de France - 07/28/05 12:36 AM

Lance Armstrong is an amazing individual. He not only overcame a death sentence (until recently, I never knew how far his cancer had spread; for awhile it was a tossup if the cancer or the treatments would kill him), but went on and won seven consecutive races. He is an inspiration to so many. Live Strong, Lance!!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET