Home

North Dakota's Call: Put Maris in Hall of Fame

Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

North Dakota's Call: Put Maris in Hall of Fame - 01/13/05 08:25 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1965590
Posted By: Busta

Re: North Dakota's Call: Put Maris in Hall of Fame - 01/13/05 09:10 PM

Roger Maris\' Career Stats

Here is why he shouldn't be in. He really doesn't have that great of stats and his 61 home-run season is the only one that was a really great year.
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: North Dakota's Call: Put Maris in Hall of Fame - 01/13/05 10:12 PM

His numbers aren't great, but I still think he belongs in.

Re: North Dakota's Call: Put Maris in Hall of Fame - 01/13/05 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Freddie C.:
His numbers aren't great, but I still think he belongs in.
I agree that numbers shouldnt be the only thing that gets a player in but I also dont think one great year shouldn't get a player in. Im just curious why you think he belongs???
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: North Dakota's Call: Put Maris in Hall of Fame - 01/13/05 10:20 PM

He is a baseball legend. There are a lot players with better numbers, but not all of them are as important to baseball's history as Maris. Boggs and Sandberg are both examples. They had great careers and deserve to be in, but so does Maris.

Re: North Dakota's Call: Put Maris in Hall of Fame - 01/13/05 11:16 PM

but is he really a legend anymore when his record has now been shattered??? I admire him for breaking it while having so much pressure and so many people rooting against him not to break it. It is amazing that it wasn't broken until 37 years later also. I can understand that reasoning. However, I really doubt hall of fame voters are all of a sudden going to change their mind because of this, especially now that the record has been broken and shattered.
Posted By: SC

Re: North Dakota's Call: Put Maris in Hall of Fame - 01/13/05 11:26 PM

I don't think Maris has the numbers to justify his being elected to the Hall.

Emotionally, though, I'd like to see him in (the Hall of Fame). He was classy, and his record breaking season was one of the biggest things in baseball (in my lifetime).
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: North Dakota's Call: Put Maris in Hall of Fame - 01/14/05 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Busta:
[quote]Originally posted by Freddie C.:
[b] His numbers aren't great, but I still think he belongs in.
I agree that numbers shouldnt be the only thing that gets a player in but I also dont think one great year shouldn't get a player in. Im just curious why you think he belongs??? [/b][/quote]He was a 2-time MVP, which should count for something.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET