Home

YES

Posted By: Raulito

YES - 09/30/04 02:42 AM

FINALLY! The wait is over! The Expos are coming to DC! I dont give a damn whether they suck or not, I'm glad we finally get to have a baseball team. Although I would have like to seen them here in Northern Virginia, DC is right next door. 10 minutes (excluding the traffic) and your there in southeast. For any of the members here on the BB who live near or in DC, this is a victory for all of us.
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: YES - 09/30/04 02:51 AM

I thought this was gonna be about the Yankees network here in New York. O well :rolleyes:
Posted By: fathersson

Re: YES - 09/30/04 02:51 AM

I can understand why everyone down there is so happy. It has been some time since baseball has been there. We can onlyhope that you feel this way inthe next few years.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: YES - 09/30/04 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
I thought this was gonna be about the Yankees network here in New York. O well :rolleyes:
Me too. GREAT network BTW
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: YES - 09/30/04 03:02 AM

I wonder if they'll bring Youppi with them. He's in the HOF after all. :p

Posted By: Double-J

Re: YES - 09/30/04 06:15 PM

I thought it was about the Yankees Entertainment & Sports Network too...

I dunno, from all the pics, aren't they going back to the old "Senators" name? I mean, the mayor and such, haven't the local politicians been wearing the 'ol red and white caps?
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: YES - 09/30/04 06:39 PM

YES? - How about Montreal moves to D.C.?

The Texas Rangers (formerly the Washington Senators) still own the rights to the name. One name suggestion is the "Grays" after the Negro League team that played in D.C.

I saw a Senators game there many years ago. They had orange seats in the outfield where Frank Howard hit his homeruns. I wonder if they are still there?
Posted By: sicilianspider

Re: YES - 09/30/04 06:42 PM

I'm not a big fan of baseball at all, but it's nice to have a team for pretty much every main sport now.

Most people here are already big baseball fans, but this will surely attract more fans to RFK Stadium in addition to the D.C. United crowd.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: YES - 09/30/04 11:07 PM

This is a terrible day for Canadian baseball. Its a shame that the Expos couldn't stay in Montreal. The Expos were heading to the W.S. in '94 but the strike ended that, and was the beginning of the end for the team. Adieu Les Expos.

Re: YES - 10/01/04 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
This is a terrible day for Canadian baseball.
Bah, it's America's Pastime anyways. You guys get hockey! :p
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: YES - 10/01/04 03:12 AM

Man, I love baseball! Baseball and soccer are my two favorite sports. I also like hockey, basketball, football and other sports but imo. baseball and soccer are the two most entertaining. A lot of Canadians feel the same way.

Re: YES - 10/01/04 03:26 AM

I like hockey, except when it's ruled and played by a bunch of spoiled brats. Get real. Football has a cap. Baseball has revenue sharing. And clearly, there are other sports that will fill the void of hockey, which has dipped in ratings consistently since the early 90's.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET