Home

Around the Horn

Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Around the Horn - 08/05/04 11:01 PM

I LOVE IT.

Ever since I subscribed to my new channel dedicated to American sports about a month ago, I've never looked back. With such great shows like Pardon the Interuption and now NFL Live starting with the upcoming preseason it's amazing.

But Around the Horn is THE top show to watch, except when they're on about boring baseball, which I can't wait till the end of the season. Now the little NFL pre season things have just made the show awesome. Ricky Williams, Quincy Carter, cocky draft picks.

All the hot sports news in one program presented by the cocky but cool stat freak Tony Reali with a host of great/funny/annoying/loud sportswriters. I can't believe I've missed out on the show until a month ago. The yanks always rip off British shows, we should rip this one off.
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Around the Horn - 08/05/04 11:14 PM

Around the horn is a very good show indeed. But I prefer Pardon the interruption. Those guys make such a great team and they know their shit.
Posted By: dragonwrangler95

Re: Around the Horn - 08/05/04 11:20 PM

where's Tony and Wilbon at

oh and Around the horn is good but was better with MAX
Posted By: Raulito

Re: Around the Horn - 08/05/04 11:59 PM

this is the time of year i HATE. Football is all they show on Sportscenter. The first 15 minutes of this morning's sportscenter was about quincy carter and the lewis guy and i was pissed. don't get me wrong, i love football as much as the next guy, but i'm more of a baseball and basketball fan.

Re: Around the Horn - 08/06/04 12:34 AM

Haha, I can't wait till baseball season is over. Just aint for me, it's cricket in a diamond with a hell of a lot more useless stats.
Posted By: Raulito

Re: Around the Horn - 08/06/04 12:57 AM

I can agree with you on that, useless stats and all.
Posted By: Busta

Re: Around the Horn - 08/06/04 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dragonwrangler95:
where's Tony and Wilbon at

I agree, too bad hes doin that stupid show on Fox Sports.
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Around the Horn - 08/06/04 08:56 AM

I glad they got rid of "the disembodied voice". How annoying was he? :rolleyes:
Posted By: dragonwrangler95

Re: Around the Horn - 08/06/04 10:14 PM

I liked the DEV
Posted By: La Famiglia

Re: Around the Horn - 08/09/04 05:44 PM

Tony and Wilbon are on vacation.

Stephen A. Smith is a dolt anyway :rolleyes:
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Around the Horn - 08/09/04 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Busta:
[quote]Originally posted by dragonwrangler95:
[b] where's Tony and Wilbon at

I agree, too bad hes doin that stupid show on Fox Sports. [/b][/quote]Yeh. What a dick. I watched it everyday with Max. I barely watch it at all now. -Pat
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Around the Horn - 08/10/04 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by La Famiglia:
Stephen A. Smith is a dolt anyway :rolleyes:
Stephen A is my boy.

Re: Around the Horn - 08/10/04 11:24 AM

Stephen A Smith is cool, but Jay Mariotti is the guy to watch. He's a hoot man.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Around the Horn - 08/11/04 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Raulito:
this is the time of year i HATE. Football is all they show on Sportscenter. The first 15 minutes of this morning's sportscenter was about quincy carter and the lewis guy and i was pissed. don't get me wrong, i love football as much as the next guy, but i'm more of a baseball and basketball fan.
I like baseball & basketball, but there is NOTHING worse (except maybe Neckcar/NASCAR highlights)than watching Sports Center with 25 minutes of baseball highlights when there is nothing else going on sports-wise. All Sports Center will show are homeruns and a nice defensive play now & again. Football highlights are soooooo much better. Can't wait for NFL Priiiimetiiime. One month until NFL & NCAA kickoff.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Around the Horn - 08/11/04 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
Stephen A Smith is cool, but Jay Mariotti is the guy to watch. He's a hoot man.
I love when him and Woody go at it. :p
Posted By: Caporegime

Re: Around the Horn - 08/12/04 08:50 AM

I couldn't agree with you more, Turi. This show is fantastic. And Jay Mariotti is the BEST. I too love it when him and Woody Paige go at it in "The Showdown", when it's considered as a "ratings day". I have no problem with Tony Reali, since he absolutely loves stats. Very high-paced sports talk, which is right up my alley. PTI is also a great show. ESPN couldn't have come up with any 2 new programs better than these.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET