Home

Yankee fans...

Posted By: Irishman12

Yankee fans... - 01/28/04 04:32 PM

This is a thread where we can discuss the greatest sports fanchise in the history of sports, my New York Yankees. Here are some questions to kick around:

1) What will we do now with Boone injuried?
2) How badly does it piss you off that Clemons & Petite are both pitching as Asstro's?
3) Can are rotation make it through the year?
4) When will we beat Boston (the divisional or ALCS series)?
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/28/04 04:56 PM

Im a Yanks fan. The loss of Petite and Clemens to the Astros angers me particularly. To answer one of the questions... No. I think it will be a tough year for the rotation, and I will be glad if they can just make it to the playoffs.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/28/04 05:14 PM

1) What will we do now with Boone injuried?
George will open the check book and the Yanks will get somebody better than Boone.
2) How badly does it piss you off that Clemons & Petite are both pitching as Asstro's?
Don't care at all. The Yanks are a franchise, people and players come and go. There is no such thing as player allegiance to a team. They go where they will get the bucks or whatever else gives them jollies. Get over it.
3) Can are rotation make it through the year?
Probably not. Age and history of injuries are major factors.
4) When will we beat Boston (the divisional or ALCS series)?
Neither. Yankees won't make it. Boston is an unknown. New manager, who knows.
Posted By: Valadius

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/28/04 07:21 PM

All I have to say is- screw the Yankees. No one gives a crap how "great" they are. End of story.

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/28/04 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Valadius:
All I have to say is- screw the Yankees. No one gives a crap how "great" they are. End of story.
Spoken like a true Mets fan.

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/28/04 08:21 PM

Quote:
I beg to differ. I care about the Yankees & so do millions of other fans.
Posted By: joltinjoe05

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/28/04 08:33 PM

Yes, screw the National Bankmees.

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/28/04 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by joltinjoe05:
the National Bankmees.
Good one, did you stay up allnight thinking about that one Einstien?

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/28/04 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
Good one, did you stay up allnight thinking about that one Einstien?
I before E except after C, Poincare.

PS - I think about it all summer long
Posted By: Jonny Lips

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/28/04 11:38 PM

I know it's not even February yet but here I go. With the exception of third base (now that Boone is out), the Yanks will definatly have the best lineup in Baseball:

C Posada
1B Giambi
2B Soriano
3B Wilson/Henson
SS Jeter
RF Sheffield
CF Lofton
LF Matsui
DH Williams

I think the Pitching all around is better than last year (yes, even without The Rocket, Pettite, and Wells). Mussina will be the ace, Contreras could win 20+ games, Kevin Brown is still a dominant pitcher. Lieber and Vazquez are the 4th and 5th starters. The mid-relief and set-up men positions is still a little shaky to me, but a hell of a lot better than last year. And of course they have the best closer in the leauge with Rivera. So to me, it looks like the Yankees will make another appearence in the World Series.

My Prediction: Yanks vs. Cubs
Winner: Yanks in 6
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/29/04 12:33 AM

Contreras has given no indication whatsoever that he's capable of winning more than 20 games.

And before we get crazed over Lieber, let's make sure he can even pitch.

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/29/04 12:39 AM

Let's talk about a real team..

So, to bad about Lima going to the Dodgers. I loved his intensity last year, but we simply (brace yourselves, Yank fans) could not afford him.

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/29/04 01:09 AM

Quote:
Let's talk about a real team..

So, to bad about Lima going to the Dodgers. I loved his intensity last year, but we simply (brace yourselves, Yank fans) could not afford him.
It's ok, we don't need to talk about other teams, since this is a Yankes thread.
Posted By: Valadius

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/29/04 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Lips:
With the exception of third base (now that Boone is out), the Yanks will definatly have the best lineup in Baseball. So to me, it looks like the Yankees will make another appearence in the World Series.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Disaffected

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/29/04 03:41 AM

Well I am not a Yankees fan, but as an Astros fan....I will gladly accept both pitchers to the team.

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/29/04 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Disaffected:
Well I am not a Yankees fan, but as an Astros fan....I will gladly accept both pitchers to the team.
Do you actually think the Astros will win the series this year? Everyone else seems to think so.
Posted By: Disaffected

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/29/04 05:43 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Disaffected:
[b] Well I am not a Yankees fan, but as an Astros fan....I will gladly accept both pitchers to the team.
Do you actually think the Astros will win the series this year? Everyone else seems to think so. [/b][/quote]To be honest, I really don't know. A lot of people have been talking about the possibilty. And I don't think there is anything wrong with it...especially since there has been an increased excitement about the Astros' upcoming season. The Astros defiantley have some talented players, such as Biggio, Bagwell, Kent, etc. and the addition of the two pitchers can't hurt. I do expect the Astros to at least make the playoffs. Going all the way is another story...but I wouldn't count them out. Never say never.
Posted By: Christopher Montana

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/29/04 05:45 PM

I hate the Yankees. They should win since the have such a high salary cap. Every year they dont win is a disgrace. Every team in baseball should have the same salary cap.

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/29/04 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Christopher Montana:
I hate the Yankees. They should win since the have such a high salary cap. Every year they dont win is a disgrace. Every team in baseball should have the same salary cap.
I'm so tired of people using this line "I hate the Yankees b/c they win all the time!" or "The Yankees buy World Series." That is such a load of CRAP! Just because the Yanks have the largest payroll, doesn't mean they're going to win the Series every year, it just improves their chances. As for people not liking the Yanks b/c they win all the time, you would LOVE you're team just as much as I love the Yanks if it was your team winning all the time! How hypocritical!
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/29/04 08:44 PM

Go Boston Red Sox, all this talk about the upcoming season is making me want spring to come faster. I agree however though that just because the Yankees have a high team salary payroll that doesn't mean they are automatically suppose to win. I can't wait for the first Red Sox and Yankee game though.
Posted By: Jonny Lips

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/29/04 09:42 PM

The funny thing is, George Steinbrenner isn't even the richest owner in baseball. He takes risks by spending alot of money on his players. And for the most part it works. He's a great business man. If more owners would dump money into their team to make it better, the leauge would be more competetive.

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/30/04 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Lips:
The funny thing is, George Steinbrenner isn't even the richest owner in baseball. He takes risks by spending alot of money on his players. And for the most part it works. He's a great business man. If more owners would dump money into their team to make it better, the leauge would be more competetive.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Steinbrenner should be commended more for what he is doing. Very few owners are willing to take money out of their own pockets to make the team better. Not only that, but he is the only owner to pay the luxury tax.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/30/04 12:50 AM

According to the USA Today, the sports section suggests that the Yankees are now beginning to build up some talks with...you guessed, Texas. A-Rod could still be a Yankee...apparently he hinted something about returning to his birthplace of NY, and some people are taking this a some kind of "sign" or something.

A-Rod @ 3rd? Why not...

Oh, and btw, Valadius...Yanks rule.

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/30/04 03:14 AM

I'd LOVE to see A-Rod in NY (just to screw with Boston) but even we couldn't afford him!

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/30/04 10:01 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Irishman12:
[b] Good one, did you stay up allnight thinking about that one Einstien?
I before E except after C, Poincare.

PS - I think about it all summer long [/b][/quote]That doesn't even make sense...

Ah, point taken though.

Re: Yankee fans... - 01/31/04 03:23 PM

Alright, as long as my point got taken.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/04/04 03:03 AM

Quote:
HELL YEAH!!!!!!! The Yankees are so over rated. I hope this year the REAL New York team will make it.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/04/04 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
The Yankees are so over rated. I hope this year the REAL New York team will make it.
Um, excuse me, overrated? We're not the Superbowl or LOTR. We, unlike other overrated things, CAN BACK IT UP! What's the saying? "It ain't braging if you can back it up!"
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/04/04 07:12 AM

Quote:
I hope this year the REAL New York team will make it.
Sorry, man... but the Knicks suck (and besides, they're not that great at baseball :p )

Fvck The Mutts.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/04/04 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Sorry, man... but the Knicks suck (and besides, they're not that great at baseball :p )

Fvck The Mutts.
The Knicks don't suck. They're getting better & are only 4 games below .500, plus they're number 2 in their division (The Atlantic)

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/07/04 11:33 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Valadius:
[b] All I have to say is- screw the Yankees. No one gives a crap how "great" they are. End of story.
HELL YEAH!!!!!!! The Yankees are so over rated. I hope this year the REAL New York team will make it. [/b][/quote]Winning 26 World Series titles generally causes that to happen. And running up in this years World Series didn't do much to really hurt that ideology. So until the Mets grow some balls and work their way out of the subway, the Yanks are NY's ONLY team.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/08/04 04:09 AM

How can winning 26 World Series titles be overrated? And besides, we're probably the most hated team in any sport! GO YANKS!!

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/08/04 09:53 PM

Because no matter what other teams do, there is no way they can be better than the Yanks, or wipe away that aura of history and legend that is the New York franchise. Consequently, you get people who say "nobody cares about the Yanks" or "Yanks suck" because most likely, they are Expos or Tigers fans who have sucky, sucky franchises at this moment. :p

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/08/04 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
Because no matter what other teams do, there is no way they can be better than the Yanks, or wipe away that aura of history and legend that is the New York franchise. Consequently, you get people who say "nobody cares about the Yanks" or "Yanks suck" because most likely, they are Expos or Tigers fans who have sucky, sucky franchises at this moment. :p
Are you a Yankees fan Double-J?

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/09/04 12:13 AM

I'll wear the pinstripes till I die, if that's any indication. Survey says: Yes!

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/09/04 12:47 AM

Quote:
I'll wear the pinstripes till I die, if that's any indication. Survey says: Yes!
That a boy! That's Je double F, Ja double R e double T. Jeff Jarrett!

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/09/04 08:50 PM

That's right, except I'm not a former WCW-NWA-TNA world champion. :p

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/09/04 09:37 PM

Quote:
That's right, except I'm not a former WCW-NWA-TNA world champion. :p
You are in my heart my fellow Yankee fan! :p

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/10/04 01:08 AM

Satan has a special little place set up for George Steinbrenner...

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/10/04 02:22 AM

Quote:
Satan has a special little place set up for George Steinbrenner...
What's your problem joltinjoe? You have this avatar of Joey D, his number & even his name, but you hate the Yanks. What's up with that?

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/10/04 03:17 AM

Quote:
What's your problem joltinjoe? You have this avatar of Joey D, his number & even his name, but you hate the Yanks. What's up with that?
I hate what the Yankees have become but more importantly, what MLB has allowed them to become.

There is nothing more rich with tradition as the New York Yankees. Babe, Lou, Mickey, Joe. Dimaggio is an American icon. My dad and granddad were fans of his, and I love the guy too. Very interesting, his life and what he meant to people. Dimaggio might not have been the nicest guy, but he was respectable, something that is lacking these days, and always sacrificed his whole self, even when injured, for his teammates.

I am a baseball fan, and to not recognize the Yankees for what they are to baseball is a sin. The Yankees used to win because of scouting, management, a pride and a worthy, well-deserved arrogance. Now they win because the Boss puts more money on the table, no matter what.

Thank you

*and steps away from the podium and bows*

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/10/04 03:20 AM

And Irish, I hope you Yankee fans don't mind a little ribbing. I am a diehard Royal fan, have been for years. Hell, I remember when George Brett used to be the shit out of all your pussy yanks.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/10/04 04:06 AM

But JJ, like others have said here before, Steinbrenner isn't even the wealthiest owner in MLB! He just is willing to dish out the cash (and plus, he's got Cashman as well :p ).

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/10/04 04:18 AM

Quote:
But JJ, like others have said here before, Steinbrenner isn't even the wealthiest owner in MLB! He just is willing to dish out the cash (and plus, he's got Cashman as well :p ).
Well, you're right. Pay the 150 mil plus the extra 10 mil for going over the limit - all for 2nd place.

But that's where I think the MLB needs to step in and do something.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/10/04 05:07 AM

Quote:
And Irish, I hope you Yankee fans don't mind a little ribbing. I am a diehard Royal fan, have been for years. Hell, I remember when George Brett used to be the shit out of all your pussy yanks.

Ok well you can stop living in the past with all the George Brett garbage. Let's talk about what matters, the present. How are your Royals doing? That's what I thought, haven't been to the playoffs in how many years? Also, I agree with Double J! I don't think Steinbrenner should be hated, he should be owner of the year, EVERY year. This is the only owner that I know of that is willing to take his hard earned money & put it out there to win. That is sacrifice! God Bless George Steinbrenner. And finally, you're talking about the class of Joey D and all this, every hear of Derek Jeter or Bernie Williams!?

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/10/04 05:19 AM

JJ's right though, something has to be done with the salaries, or else MLB will end up like the NBA, or worse, the NHL next year when collective bargaining hits the fan...

Jeter actually holds a bit of local aura because he played for the Cleveland Indians farmteam, the Buffalo Bisons. As did Brian Giles, Richie Sexon, etc...wow, good players do occasionally come out of Buffalo (doh! fuckin' scott norwood. Never mind. )

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/10/04 12:16 PM

My Royals are just fine, thanks. With all the additions we got, they should all match well with the AL Rookie of the Year, AL Manager of the Year. We signed Beltran for a year, we have Sweeney til 2007. Our pitching is a mix of young and some experienced veterans. The Royals could possibly win 100 games this year.

That's small market. A's, Twins, Royals. Those are the real winners.

94, I think was the last year.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/10/04 02:31 PM

Quote:
94, I think was the last year.
Wow, an entire decade! The Yanks have won, well let's see.....um.....4 World Series in that amount of time. I'll talk to you in October when my Yanks are in the Series, and KC is watching the playoffs from home.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/11/04 01:20 AM

The only reason the Yatzees won the Subway series a few years back is that Piazza waas bowled over in Game 1 and was hurtin the rest of the series.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/11/04 02:13 AM

Quote:
The only reason the Yatzees won the Subway series a few years back is that Piazza waas bowled over in Game 1 and was hurtin the rest of the series.
Sure, that was it. He just couldn't seem to get it right the next 4 games of the Series. Seeing as how the World Series was the biggest thing he's ever played in, he just rolled over & died, right?

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/11/04 02:21 AM

Quote:
Or it could be that as you've clearly professed, that Mets team was unilaterally based for success upon the health of Mike Piazza. :p

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/11/04 04:22 AM

Quote:
Wow, an entire decade! The Yanks have won, well let's see.....um.....4 World Series in that amount of time. I'll talk to you in October when my Yanks are in the Series, and KC is watching the playoffs from home.
"Ok well you can stop living in the past with.. the... garbage. Let's talk about what matters, the present."

I'll give you some time to think about who said that, kid.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/11/04 01:08 PM

Quote:
"Ok well you can stop living in the past with.. the... garbage. Let's talk about what matters, the present."

I'll give you some time to think about who said that, kid.
No problem, chump. I'll give you the entire season, plus the...um..postseason to think about it too, when my Yankees are winning the Series with KC watching from home. I can't believe I'm having a conversation about the Royals!

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/11/04 07:34 PM

ahhh, the arrogance of most Yank fans...

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/11/04 08:49 PM

Quote:
ahhh, the arrogance of most Yank fans...
Don't ever confuse arrogance with confidence!

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/11/04 10:51 PM

I don't.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/11/04 11:37 PM

Good, then it's not arrogance if we can back it up...which we can!

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/11/04 11:43 PM

Quote:
Good, then it's not arrogance if we can back it up...which we can!
You can back up the "fact" that the Yankees are going to win the Series this year and the Royals are going to suck??

Damn, can you also tell me which powerball numbers to choose?

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/11/04 11:46 PM

Quote:
You can back up the "fact" that the Yankees are going to win the Series this year and the Royals are going to suck??

Damn, can you also tell me which powerball numbers to choose?
Now who's being arrogant? I didn't say the Yanks winning the Series this year was a fact (not yet at least), but that the Yanks are better than the Royals IS a fact!

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/11/04 11:51 PM

Urgh, you contradict yourself and make no sense. It's no fun talking baseball with you.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/11/04 11:54 PM

Quote:
Urgh, you contradict yourself and make no sense. It's no fun talking baseball with you.
I contradict myself and make no sense? Sure ok, you're the one who got my words screwed up. Besides, how can you sit there & say that the Yankees being better than the Royals is not a fact. Look at the last decade of baseball. Where have the Royals been besides the bottom of their division, while the Yanks have won 4 Series!?

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/11/04 11:57 PM

Quote:
I didn't say the Yanks winning the Series this year was a fact (not yet at least), but that the Yanks are better than the Royals IS a fact!
Then we're agreed! The Mets are better than the Yatzees which are better than the Royals, and the Yatzees arent going to win the series, the Mets are. Now, that wasnt so hard was it? :p

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/12/04 12:02 AM

This is my last post on this thread. I'm going to give it a shot, but I still don't think you will understand THE WORDS THAT YOU SAID.

We are talking about the present. Not the past records of a small market team in ownership problems vs. a baseball monopoly. The present. The present. The present. The present.

Is it a fact that the Yankees are better than the Royals as you say? No. Is it a fact that the Royals are better than the Yankees, as I HAVE NEVER SAID? No.

You're making as much sense as "The Padres are better than the Cubs, because they won it all a few years ago".

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/12/04 12:02 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Irishman12:
[b] I didn't say the Yanks winning the Series this year was a fact (not yet at least), but that the Yanks are better than the Royals IS a fact!
Then we're agreed! The Mets are better than the Yatzees which are better than the Royals, and the Yatzees arent going to win the series, the Mets are. Now, that wasnt so hard was it? :p [/b][/quote]Man, I like the Mets, I really do. But they aren't going anywhere, you're not fooling anyone. Sure they got Mike Cameron & Little Matsui (which is great), but they still need pitching. Not only that, but they will a hard time against teams like Philadelphia, Atlanta (maybe), Chicago, Florida (maybe), Houston, St. Louis, and San Francisco. Sorry man, until the Mets beef up a little more, they're going no where. But they are improving!

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/12/04 12:04 AM

Quote:
This is my last post on this thread. I'm going to give it a shot, but I still don't think you will understand THE WORDS THAT YOU SAID.

We are talking about the present. Not the past records of a small market team in ownership problems vs. a baseball monopoly. The present. The present. The present. The present.

Is it a fact that the Yankees are better than the Royals as you say? No. Is it a fact that the Royals are better than the Yankees, as I HAVE NEVER SAID? No.

You're making as much sense as "The Padres are better than the Cubs, because they won it all a few years ago".

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm really glad this will be your last post on this thread...

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/12/04 12:06 AM

oops, I lied

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/12/04 03:28 AM

So Joe, letme just understand this for my own personal satisfaction, but you were a Yankee fan back in the day of Joey D & all them? But now you're a Royals fan? And by the way, I'm not trying to argue with you on this, but if you do respond to this, then I will ask more questions. Just FYI & no hard feelings my brother!

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/12/04 04:24 AM

I'm not old enough to have seen Reggie Jackson, let alone Joe Dimaggio. I'm not a Yankee fan, and never was. But I recognize the history and tradtion of the old Yankee teams.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/15/04 01:11 PM

If we get A-Rod at 3rd base, like they're saying we're "close" to be doing, The Yanks will be better than the Royals, and anyone else :p

Too bad that trade would cause the loss of Soriano though (But you can't have everything with only $190 Million in payroll, can you? )
Posted By: SC

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/15/04 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
(But you can't have everything with only $190 Million in payroll, can you?)
Chump change for Steinhitler. I'm surprised he hasn't already thawed out Ted Williams and had him resurrected. It'd only cost a few hundred mil.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/15/04 03:32 PM

Don, I LOVE your attitude about this & I LOVE your sarcasim as well! The Yanks will be unbeatable when we get A-Rod. And to think, we got him & Boston didn't. Man I haven't been this happy in I don't know how long. I slept like a baby last night! GO STEINBRENNER & GO YANKS!!
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/15/04 04:27 PM

I personally think it was a dumb move by the Yanks. A-Rod is getting up their in the age department and Soriano is very young. -Pat
Posted By: fathersson

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/15/04 04:36 PM

So all in all, what does this also do to baseball in general. The rich teams get stronger and the poor teams dwell at the bottom forever. The biggest problem the sport has to face, year in and year out.

Small markets, big markets and the price tag goes up and up.

You know we all loved A-Rod and we are happy to see him come to New York, but I for one thought Alfonso Soriano was great.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/15/04 04:37 PM

Age??? That's the reason why you're saying its a bad deal? Lemme get this straight...its a bad trade when we get the AL leading home run hitter and perhaps the overall best player in baseball for a guy who had some mediocre to downright poor lead-off hitting (at least this season, though I always liked Soriano) and a better-than-average defensive skills? :rolleyes:

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/15/04 06:54 PM

Patrick, why are you worried about age? A-Rod is only 28 years old. Plus he's been getting progressively better. He hit 156 home runs in 3 years with the Rangers. I don't like to see Soriano go either but for A-Rod I'd trade 2 of him!

fathersson, I agree with what you said, however the problem for baseball is NOT the Yankees. Just look at the last 3 World Series champions, the Diamondcracks, Angels, and Marlins. How high were their payrolls? Just b/c the Yanks have the highest payroll DOES NOT mean they're going to win every year. It just increases there chances!
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/15/04 07:12 PM

damn I'm pissed about the trade as a fan of the Red Sox. I didn't think this was likely to happen any time soon I guess I was wrong.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/17/04 12:08 AM

WOO HOO! A-ROD'S AN OFFICAL YANKEE!! See you all come October when we're lifting the trophy high & proud in the Big Apple!
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/17/04 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
I personally think it was a dumb move by the Yanks. A-Rod is getting up their in the age department and Soriano is very young. -Pat
Pat,

We are all getting older...

Does that Matter.

He is 28 and He could have at least 10 Good Year Left!

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/18/04 02:31 AM

Since A-Rod becoming a Yankee became "official" today with him doning the pinstripes, does anyone have any stories that they'd like to share? It can be anything from friends, co-workers, strangers, etc. I think most of the people on this board who know me know that I, unfortunately, live in Texas. Well today when I went to class I wore a pair of white & blue "wind" pants, an authentic Derek Jeter jersey, and a Yankees hat. I wore it around all day, to all 3 of my classes, into Wal-Mart & into the grocery store. All I gotta say is that I got some looks, that weren't the friendliest, and I LOVED everyone of them! Ha ha ha, we took A-Rod from ya Texas & Boston! Now f**k off!!

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/18/04 03:06 AM

Ha, I have a story that comes from my last semster english course...some kid kept wearing a Boston Red Sox had and kept shouting how great Ted Williams was. I had to wear my Yankees hat and talk about Ruth and DiMaggio to shut him up.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/18/04 04:02 AM

That a boy Double J. Also, if you had him last semester, you could have talked about Aaron "bleeping" Boone, as ESPN calls him!

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/18/04 04:12 AM

Looks pretty sharp in those pinstripes if I do say so myself!

Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/18/04 05:03 AM

I'm not a fan either of the Red Sox or of the Yankees but I would get angry if he did talk about Aaron Boone that man made his bones with that home-run but he sucks...

the Yankee fans must be satisfied with their little pool of idols and give the BoSox a break, since they already have to deal with the curse

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/18/04 01:03 PM

The Sox get no smypathy from me! Don't make excuses for them. They were the idiots that traded Babe Ruth & didn't sign Alex Rodriguez for another $16 million!

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/18/04 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Mosrite:
give the BoSox a break
Can you believe the BoSox let A-Rod slip away over a few bucks??

The Sox usually choke in September.....this year they choked in December as well.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/18/04 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[QUOTE]Can you believe the BoSox let A-Rod slip away over a few bucks?? The Sox usually choke in September...this year they choked in December as well.
Maybe the owners have found a Broadway Show they'd like to invest in...had to save some $$$ on A-Rod.

Heaven knows that kind've business strategy has worked out for them before... !!

Apple

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/18/04 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Heaven knows that kind've business strategy has worked out for them before...

Yeah, 85 years later, and who the hell remembers "Good Night, Irene"???

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/18/04 05:53 PM

Well, it looks like we won't be getting Greg Maddux after all. I'm bummed. Anyone else care about us not getting Maddux?

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/18/04 07:34 PM

/me raises hand.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/19/04 12:12 AM

Did everyone hear what Boston owner John Henry had to say today? Now he says that baseball should get a salary cap! Man, what a HYPOCRITE! I can't STAND hypocrites, they make me sick! If A-Rod went to Boston, a salary cap would be the LAST thing he'd be fronting for, but since he went to my Yanks, now baseball needs it! Get a life & get over it you little baby!
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/19/04 12:34 AM

of course John Henry sounds hypocrite when he says that, but I agree that there should be a salary cap.

I don't even think Henry thinks like that, he just say that because he knows he is a jerk for not signing A-Rod, but what he said is right, even if it wasn't said in the right context

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/19/04 01:07 AM

I think the salary cap would hurt him (not as much as the Yankees), b/c they have the 2nd highest payroll in baseball, behind the Yanks. This guy is unbelievable. He's playing the same kind of baseball Steinbrenner is (which is buy all the good players), and he's complaining. When he shouldn't be complaining about a salary cap, he shouldn't be complaining at all! He had A-Rod, and then he gave him away. He should just SHUT UP!

Another thing about this whole salary cap thing, I'm against it for many reasons & here's one very good one. Sure the Yanks are probably the only team this year to pay the luxury tax (which is a crock). But do the owners of the teams who get this money (such as Pittsburgh or Kansas City), actually put the money they receive from King George & put it back into the team! NO!! They pocket it for themselves. Reason #2, buying the best players in baseball DOES NOT guarantee that the Yankees will win the World Series (look at the last 3 teams to win it all). Finally, my last reason is other teams spend a lot of money, just look at Texas' contract on A-Rod (and did they win?). So, just because you spend a lot of money, doesn't mean that you're even going to win. Baseball is a hard game and the players still have to go out there and win those games. I'm TOTALLY against ANY kind of "salary" cap rule in baseball! But just wait for Commissioner Bud Selig to act like himself & screw Baseball up even more!

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/23/04 01:08 PM

I can't wait to see Houston fall straight on it's butt this year!

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/24/04 01:06 AM

what do you think about the yankees lineup..who should hit were...

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/24/04 01:09 AM

Kenny Lofton should hit lead-off, and most likely will.

Lofton (CF or DH)
Jeter (SS)
A-Rod (3B)
Giambi (1B)
Sheffield (RF)
Matsui (LF)
Williams (CF or DH)
Posada (C)
Wilson (2B)

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/24/04 01:16 AM

I agree with Double-J, but I'd switch Bernie & Matsui

1) Lofton (C)
2) Jeter (SS)
3) A-Rod (3rd)
4) Giambi (1st)
5) Sheffield (RF)
6) Williams (DH)
7) Matsui (LF)
8) Posada (C)
9) Wilson (2nd)

I'd switch Matsui & Bernie to add a little more power towards the bottom of the lineup.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/24/04 01:29 AM

Can anyone believe that Houston isn't starting Clemens or Petitte on opening day? Nobody is paying to see Oswald pitch. They're already off to a bad start!

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/28/04 07:13 PM

Can you believe this!? I'm flipping through the sports page this morning, eating a piece of pizza when I see a headline entitled "Kent: Was the Babe on 'roids?" Apparently Houston 2nd basemen Jeff Kent thinks that Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig & others were on steroids! Then for all the people who might have got offeneded, he said "Wah," with a mock cry! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS STUPID SOB!!??
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/28/04 07:40 PM

I'm not defending today's players by any means. It's obvious to everyone that there's a problem, with 5% of the random drug tests coming in positive, but before you go dumping on Kent, did you even read the article?

The point that Kent was trying to make was this:

- The media and historians are up in arms because today's potentially chemically enhanced players are shattering records set by players of old. They decry that the game and the records are being tarnished and that today's players should be ashamed of themselves.

- What Kent was saying was that these people are looking at baseball's past with rose-colored glasses. He DID NOT say the Babe or Gehrig were on steroids - what he said that no one knows for sure. He's implying that the media should start recognizing the reality that yesterday's players were human and imperfect, just like today's players.

Re: Yankee fans... - 02/29/04 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sicilia:
- What Kent was saying was that these people are looking at baseball's past with rose-colored glasses. He [b]DID NOT say the Babe or Gehrig were on steroids - what he said that no one knows for sure. He's implying that the media should start recognizing the reality that yesterday's players were human and imperfect, just like today's players. [/b]
Kent said that Ruth & others should be included in the steroids talk, why? First of all, we're not going to ever be able to find out. Two, did they even have steroids back then? Three, why do we have to bring up players from the past such as Ruth & Gehrig. What about Nolan Ryan, Hank Aaron, Ty Cobb, etc? Are we going to point the finger at EVERY great baseball player? So if every great player has a gift (such as Michael Jordan), he's automatically on 'roids? To quote someone who said this the other day, "this is modern day McCarthism!" SCREW YOU JEFF KENT!

Re: Yankee fans... - 03/03/04 04:46 PM

Looky looky looky, at the newest New York Yankee!

PS-I get to see this guy's first game as a Yankee in Yankee Stadium on opening day, April 8th!!

Re: Yankee fans... - 03/09/04 01:24 AM

Can you believe this!? Gary Sheffield has injuried his thumb! He might be out 2-3 months, for a thumb injury! This means I might not be able to see him on opening day!

Re: Yankee fans... - 03/31/04 01:12 PM

Well, since the season is offically underway I say we get this thread some more time. Now I realize that the Yanks dropped the opener (one of my professors made sure of that by reading an article from ESPN.com about how the Yanks got stomped), but they came back & won today to get a split going back to New York. I guess jet lag or something caught up with the team in game 1. Now they get to go back to New York & relax. I can't wait, one week from tomorrow is there home opener against the White Sox & I'm going to be there!!

Re: Yankee fans... - 03/31/04 06:06 PM

Quote:
I guess jet lag or something caught up with the team in game
... and Tampa Bay took that new anti-jetlag drug - Adjustomatic, the pill that makes you feel like you've been there all week. :p

Re: Yankee fans... - 04/05/04 04:05 AM

As a HUGE Yankee fan, I'm also going to use this thread to bash Boston! I'm SO GLAD that they lost to Baltimore & that Pedro lost his first game. They're on their way to the world series alright!

Re: Yankee fans... - 04/15/04 01:17 AM

CONGRATS to both 200 game winners Mike Mussina & Kevin Brown!!

Re: Yankee fans... - 04/15/04 11:12 PM

Manlins are 7-1!

HA!

Re: Yankee fans... - 04/16/04 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Sullivan:
Manlins are 7-1!

HA!
Have no fear, they will not, I repeat, they WILL NOT REPEAT!
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Yankee fans... - 04/16/04 01:38 AM

We'll see. -Pat

Re: Yankee fans... - 04/16/04 02:05 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Mike Sullivan:
[b] Manlins are 7-1!

HA!
Have no fear, they will not, I repeat, they WILL NOT REPEAT! [/b][/quote]8 and 1...

Re: Yankee fans... - 04/29/04 03:42 AM

Doesn't matter how many wins you have if you still suck.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET