Home

NFL Football, Week 1

Posted By: Mr. Baggins

NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/07/03 08:39 PM

Did anyone here watch the games today? Post your thoughts and comments on any of todays games.

Being a Bills fan myself, I watched the Bills-Patriots game. The Bills won 31-0. This should dispell any doubts that the Bills aren't a playoff contender. The new offseason aquisitions the Bills made look like they're going to pan out nicely (Takeo Spikes with 2 interceptions, Sam Adams with an interception for a touchdown and a sack, Lawyer Milloy with a sack and some nice tackles).

I didn't catch any of the other games, but maybe other people here have. So, what did you all think of NFL Week 1?
Posted By: Double-J

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/07/03 09:58 PM

Our Buffalo Bills whooped the Pats asses today. Bilichick (sp?) was completely shocked 'cause he couldn't beat the shit out of us anymore, and his team thought they were gonna come in and smoke us without any effort...and how about Mariucci's Lions? And Texans! They beat the Dolphins in a great finish!

Can y'all tell I have NFL Sunday Ticket from DirecTV? I watch all the games.

the pics are coming...

Posted By: Mr. Baggins

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/07/03 10:42 PM

GO BILLS

We're already the AFC East leaders, and it's gonna stay that way!
Posted By: Patrick

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/07/03 10:56 PM

i was on my way home today with no cable on the bus, but i did manage to see a highlight of my packers getting whooped 30-25.
Posted By: La Dolce Vita

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/08/03 04:44 AM

I think it was a somewhat WEIRD day for football.

Weird when you think of Harrington having a 4 TD day when Favre threw 4 interceptions.

Weird when you see these scrub kickers (and PUNTERS!) making the long field goals.

Weird when you see Detroit scoring 42 on the same day San Fran scores 49. God Bless Mariucci...us Niner fans are still mourning his absence. What a team player that guy is!

Weird to see the Patriots go scoreless against Buffalo...did Milloy really have something to do with that? Hmmmm....

Weird when you see the Dolphins looking for their 12th winning start get beat in the last seconds of the game to that scrub Houston Team.

Weird to NOT see Jimmy Kimmel on the Fox Sports show this morning. Although the new guy did a killer Deniro impersonation!
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/08/03 06:55 AM

My Raiders are 0-1. But I'm glad to see Harrington have a good game. I've always been a big fan. And I'm happy for Lawyer Milloy for sticking it to his former team
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/08/03 12:09 PM

Go Giants! Let's have a SuperBowl repeat with the Bills....and this time the Bills win (can't believe I said that!)

Weird, good description LDV. Week One always seems weird. My Survivor pool of 3,000+ saw over 2,000 chumps go down with the Dolphins. I picked San Fran - almost picked the Pack.

Back to the Giants. A little shaky, but Tiki ran for 146 yards. And he is a notoriously slow starter. Look out TUNA.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/08/03 12:26 PM

I know it's hard not to get excited but it's still only week 1. Even the preseason games aren't anything to get excited about, they usually never mean anything anyway. Patriots go 4-0 in preseason against respectable teams then get hammered by the Bills.

Anyway I saw the Vikings game and the last quarter of the 49ers game (US Open mens final was on). Vikings looked quite promising but they were playing Favre on a very bad day. He should never have announced anything to do with retirement, it's going to hound his game all season long.

And the 49ers game - Kordell who?

Anyway most important to me was the Steelers winning but Kansas will not be such an easy game.
Posted By: OleificioAndreassi

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/09/03 12:07 AM

Its always fun beating on the birdies, which we always do, even their super bowl year. RayLew wants to come in and talk shit on of all ppl, our star lb on crutches after gettin shot-hes a joke-and not the best lb in the league. of course it was only te birdies, small potatoes. The cheifs will give way more resistance but nothing that'll get in the way of our perfect season

The best thang that happened to me today was learning that Joe Nedney tore his ACL. Hopefully hell never kick again-he doesnt deserve to. For all im concerned he can go straight to hell
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/09/03 02:18 AM

The Lions won, The Lions won...I just wanted to say that cause I have not said that in a long, long time. I was very pleased by there Offence. I didn't expect to see Charles Rogers make a big impact like he did. Joey Played his best game by-far in his young career. But I was very disappointed in our Defensive Secondary, We made that Bouldin(sp) kid kook like Jerry Rice!. But were 1-0 and thats awesome if your a Lions fan.

PS: Mariucci is awesome!

Good Luck Guys
Posted By: Double-J

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/09/03 02:23 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the Dolphins get beat by the Texans at the very end.

BTW who else is watching MNF right now?
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/09/03 02:26 AM

JJ- I was on the floor when the Texans won! it was great.

And Im watching the game too. LETS GO EAGELS!!
Posted By: joltinjoe05

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/09/03 02:34 AM

I could not be more pleased with the Chiefs first game.
Posted By: badguytony

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/09/03 03:35 AM

It looks like the Packers are going to bring back Antonio Freeman. Hey, they got so many injuries at WR, might as well go get Andre Reed! I'm hoping they will bounce back next week. At least the Bears got creamed big time,so the day was not all for a loss.
Posted By: alpacinofan

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/09/03 06:13 AM

All and all, this week has been wierd.
I had to endure my beloved Ravens losing to the Steelers 34-15. Ah, well, I'm alright with 2nd place in the AFC North for now. The only thing I was happy about was when the Titans defeated the Raiders. And after watching the 1st shutout game this year for the Bucs tonight, I must say that the "Rocky" promo for MNF had more passion than the Eagles did.
Posted By: goombah

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/09/03 12:09 PM

Week 1 is always a mixed bag of results. It usually is not a true indicator of how teams will play all season. However, the Bengals will always be pitiful and, Chicago, you're stuck with Kordell Stewart.

I'm a Browns fan. If there's one thing I've learned with Butch Davis at the helm, it's to expect the unexpected. They looked pathetic on offense this week. If they are as inconsistent as last year, they're offense will probably go off this week vs. Baltimore.
Posted By: Lucky_Luciano

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/09/03 03:14 PM

The 49ERS beat the bears! Good start.
Way to go T.O.!
Posted By: Big Daddy Don

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/09/03 03:36 PM

OK - so I was all set and ready to watch my Eagles on MNF - the opening of the new stadium - the first MNF game of the year. I am all settled waiting anxiously to hear Hank Williams Jr. ask IF WE ARE READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL and than

Was that Britney Spears singing with him Was she doing that last year and I just missed it or maybe purposely put it out of my mind. I do NOT want Britney singing with Hank Williams Jr. about wanting to play some football. That killed the whole thing for me - and then they played the game and it only got worse.
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/09/03 03:50 PM

BDD... maybe you want to stick that picture of that crying baby under your post! :p
Posted By: B. B. Cheese

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/09/03 04:18 PM

Say, what did you all think of "the next montana" in Denver? Three interceptions, but with a good team (unlike the cards) the broncs won the game.
Posted By: OleificioAndreassi

Re: NFL Football, Week 1 - 09/10/03 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by goombah:
I'm a Browns fan.
oooo DAT Hurts

my sincere condolences
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET