Home

NBA Draft

Posted By: Don Sicilia

NBA Draft - 06/25/03 06:22 PM

The NBA Draft is tomorrow. For one reason or another, I'm following this draft more than I usually have- probably because of the LeBron phenomena.

What are your thoughts?

Personally, I reserve my judgement and am not a believer of the King James hype as of yet. It's hard to tell anything from high school games, especially when your competition average a foot shorter.

As for Carmelo, I think he needs to toughen up a little bit, but otherwise, I think he'll end up having a good NBA career.

Also, please post if you have any local insights into any of the draftees.
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: NBA Draft - 06/25/03 10:49 PM

No JB... All the experts, and Detroit confirmed, that the Pistons will pick Darko.
Posted By: Hollywood Hagan

Re: NBA Draft - 06/25/03 10:57 PM

I don't care much for basketball at all, especially at the NBA level, but this draft is the least intriguing in years. There is not one "sure thing" in the entire draft. I pick LeBron James to be a flop. From what I saw, he had his was driving by high school kids who are not as developed as him, and dunking over kids who are a foot shorter. In the NBA, everyone is as tall, fast, and skilled as LeBron. Until I see him develop a jump shot, I can't expect him to succeed. Milicic will not pan out for Detroit. The best European import of all time is Vlade Divac, and that is not saying much. He is a tough defender and rebounder, and can score occasionally, but he is not a franchise player. The 2nd pick in the draft certainly should be. I have no confidence in foreign players. Kukoc was supposed to be the best player in the world and he is now a role player. Stojakovic is another solid player, but not a franchise guy. The same goes for every single foreign player, aside from Dirk Nowitzki. That motherfucker is damn good. Talk about a mismatch maker.
Posted By: The Spanish Inquisition

Re: NBA Draft - 06/26/03 07:44 PM

That's pretty damn ignorant Hollywood Hagen, to say you have no confidence in all European players. You can't put all european players into one group, and especially Darko Milicic. This kid has a solid post game and always plays like he's angry, something we haven't seen with previous Euro players.

And no, the best European import of all time was not Vlade Divac, it was Arvydas Sabonis. This guy, before he blew out his knee, was considered by many NBA scouts to have been the best European player ever, even better then Hakeem Olajuwon during his prime. Even after a few surgeries and with no knees at all, he was still able to put up 15 ppg in the NBA and guard Shaq better then anyone ever has.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: NBA Draft - 06/27/03 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Spanish Inquisition:
the best European import of all time
My vote goes to Drazen Petrovic (of the Nets, of course).

He hadn't even reached his peak yet when he was tragically killed in an auto accident. Man, could he shoot!
Posted By: OleificioAndreassi

Re: NBA Draft - 06/27/03 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hollywood Hagan:
From what I saw, he had his was driving by high school kids who are not as developed as him, and dunking over kids who are a foot shorter..... Until I see him develop a jump shot, I can't expect him to succeed.
Holla...that was me on 12/22/02

His jumper is unbelievable
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET