Home

Soccer player dies during match

Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Soccer player dies during match - 06/27/03 10:38 PM

Last night (Thursday) at the COnfederations Cup in France Marc Vivien Foe, a 28 year old playing for his country Cameroon, collapsed on the pitch in the centre circle on the 71 minute mark. Despite efforts to rescusitate him, he died after 45 minutes. At the moment, it is suspected that an undetected heart problem led to the death, which ocurred in a 30C heatwave. A "fit as a fiddle" soccer player is the last person you'd expect to see collapse on the pitch, less so even dying! Other players who knew him say he, husband and father to two kids, was a gentleman and one of the nicest people you could meet.

May he rest in peace.

Mick
Posted By: Anton The Penguin

Re: Soccer player dies during match - 06/27/03 10:41 PM

I saw it on the news...it's so sad.
The graphic pictures of him slouching and slowly passing away was horrible.

Yes, may he rest in peace.
Posted By: CrazedHobo

Re: Soccer player dies during match - 06/27/03 11:27 PM

RIP

Damn that would suck...
Posted By: Frankie 5-angels

Re: Soccer player dies during match - 06/28/03 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Bonnano:
R.I.P.
Manchester City will remember him.
I watched France game in Conf. Cup,Thiery Henry(Arsenal)craied,Viera(Arsenal) craied to.

R.I.P.
I hope Cameroon will win tomorow,for Marc Foe
Well said JB. Put's all the petty bickering on the board into perspective eh?

I feel so very sad for his family who were at the stadium to watch him play for his country.

A few of the Manchester City players were interviewed on the radio yesterday (Friday). They all said what a happy person he was, a joy to be around. Some of them told stories of how he used to arrive at training in flowing African robes.

Marc Vivien Foe R.I.P.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Soccer player dies during match - 06/28/03 12:47 PM

We were talking about that last nite at graduation, the poor guy just collapsed...kinda put a little damper on the evening (before we got happy again and got our diplomas )...

Re: Soccer player dies during match - 06/28/03 04:39 PM

Sure.

Re: Soccer player dies during match - 06/29/03 02:33 AM

That's irrelevant. (Do you know what that means, Joe?) :p
Posted By: MICK

Re: Soccer player dies during match - 06/30/03 09:18 AM

Met him many times when he was playing for us (Westham). Genuinely nice bloke and decent player.

The Sun (English tabloid paper) were discracefull by showing the picture of a dead man lying on the floor with his eyes open. Have they no shame ! (also I understand that the Daily Mirror printed the same picture) They wouldn't have dared put the picture of Princess Di resting against the dash board on the front page so why should they be aloud to show this.

Rumours are flying around about a Man City V Westham Charity match to raise money for Heart charities.

Not totally sure of the details but we are being told that Marc died from a oversized heart ??? How or why this happens is beyond me.

RIP Marc !

Another media cock-up was made by ITV news which reported on Marc Viven Foe's death while the whole time showing a picture of Jemaine Defoe (who is very much alive, 10 years younger and was born in a whole different contintent)
Posted By: SC

Re: Soccer player dies during match - 06/30/03 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
That's irrelevant. (Do you know what that means, Joe?)
Sure he does. Its a large animal with four legs and a trunk. (apologies to Groucho Marx)
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Soccer player dies during match - 06/30/03 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Bonnano:
Is it an elephant?
I hope that was just bad sarcasm.
Here's a little help. http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=irrelevant

Re: Soccer player dies during match - 06/30/03 02:56 PM

No, it was actually a foolish reply to SC. And trust me, don't bother trying to defend yourself, everyone will just laugh harder. Try to live up to your promise to JG.

Re: Soccer player dies during match - 06/30/03 04:31 PM

I am a lot more respected then you, people have even laughed at me when
I said you changed because I only saw a handful of your posts, then I read on and realised you didn't change at all.

Re: Soccer player dies during match - 06/30/03 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] That's irrelevant. (Do you know what that means, Joe?)
Sure he does. Its a large animal with four legs and a trunk. (apologies to Groucho Marx) [/b][/quote]I think Groucho (and Harpo too!) would be honored by that, SC!

Re: Soccer player dies during match - 06/30/03 11:32 PM

1. Don't deny how many people already argue with you.

2. JGeoff told us to stop, so shut the fuck up.
Posted By: SC

Re: Soccer player dies during match - 07/01/03 12:47 AM

Joe Bonnano - READ MY LIPS.....STOP THE CHILDISH CRAP WITH THE "MOMMA" SHIT NOW!!

Vercetti - Ignore him.
Posted By: BronxKing

Re: Soccer player dies during match - 07/01/03 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Joe Bonnano - READ MY LIPS.....STOP THE CHILDISH CRAP WITH THE "MOMMA" SHIT NOW!!

Vercetti - Ignore him.
HEY!!! HE AIN"T PLAYIN', OK?

Damn Consiglieri, you gotta rough job!!! If Groucho doesn't work, ya jump right into Pesci!!!

Re: Soccer player dies during match - 07/01/03 02:00 AM

Yeah, tell him to go get his shinebox.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Soccer player dies during match - 07/01/03 04:20 AM

I read about in this in the paper, its really tragic. Thierry Henry who scored the goal for France in the final yesterday said: "For once, it was a match that I would not have minded losing. That's the first time I have felt like that about a game." Our prayers and thoughts are with Foe and his family.

R.I.P. Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET