Home

Super Mario Bros 2

Posted By: Longneck

Super Mario Bros 2 - 09/06/07 12:52 PM

What was wrong with Super Mario Bros 2? I've wondered this since I was little. I never saw 2 on sale anywhere, just 1 and 3. No one mentions 2 when talking about how awesome Super Mario Bros is.

What's the deal?
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 09/06/07 01:12 PM

2 is the red-headed stepchild of the Mario series. It was never a Mario game to begin with; it was a modified port of another game called "Doki Doki Panic" which Nintendo added Mario sprites to in order to make it a "Mario" game. Hence, the unlikeness to the previous and future Mario titles.

Frankly, I think the game is just misunderstood. Many of the characters have evolved into Mario lore (i.e. Shy Guys) and overall, it is a pretty good game. Just not a "Mario" game, per se.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 09/06/07 05:04 PM

SMB2 mostly gets a bad rap because it's constantly being compared to the original and subsequent releases. As a standalone game, SMB2 is pretty damned good. But because it says "Super Mario Brothers", there are certain expectations. SMB2 was a vast departure from the original (because, as JJ said, it started out as a completely different game.)

My favorite is still SMB3, followed by SUPER MARIO WORLD (SNES) and YOSHI'S ISLAND (SNES).
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 09/07/07 06:47 AM

Super Mario Bros. 2 was my favorite of them all actually. I liked how the game looked and played. It's much more cartoonish. All of the bosses are fun, and as Double-J pointed out, it had great monsters like the Shy Guy, as well as the Snifits and the Bob-ombs. I think I'm going to have to hook up my SNES and play it again (I have it on the Super Mario All-Stars version).

I never knew it was another game originally, "Doki Doki Panic". That really explains why the games is so different.
Posted By: Trainwreck

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 01/24/11 03:13 PM

There actually was a Japanese Super Mario Bros 2 that was deemed too difficult for a Western Audience and hence Doki Doki Panic got a facelift (literally, it was just a sprite replaced,) The Japan Super Mario Bros 2 was released on All-Stars for the SNES as the Lost levels. However, you can get a translated ROM for the Nes.
Posted By: NickGeraci

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 03/13/11 08:16 AM

WE KNEW THIS!!!
Posted By: NickGeraci

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 03/13/11 08:18 AM

Super Mario Bros. All-Stars (2011) for Wii, due out March 13th, has every Super Mario Game Ever Released!!!
Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 03/13/11 08:26 AM

I remember this fuckin game back in like '87. I was a little kid.
Posted By: YaekoCubr1501

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 05/31/11 04:43 AM

Mario 2 is just an upgraded version and nothing special in it. The Mario 1 is a first version of Mario and it was truly popular in market and Mario 3 has come up with a new graphics and new stages and it is popular among the children s. And that is the reason why it is not available anywhere.
Posted By: AlexDen

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 02/25/12 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By: YaekoCubr1501
Mario 2 is just an upgraded version and nothing special in it. The Mario 1 is a first version of Mario and it was truly popular in market and Mario 3 has come up with a new graphics and new stages and it is popular among the children s. And that is the reason why it is not available anywhere.

Ya i totally agree with you.
Posted By: Hisenberg

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 03/26/12 05:11 AM

Mario 3 is the best in the series
Posted By: ukwiseguy

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 03/29/12 05:11 PM

Always thought number 3 was the best also.

Preferred the donkey kong series on the snes 1, 2 and 3 with diddy kong.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 04/07/12 03:33 AM

I always liked 2 the best, because it was the only one that was different from the others. I liked the idea of picking one of four characters to play, each with a special ability.
Posted By: samparker

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 06/21/12 09:33 AM

yes i appreciate with u this game is really so bored. but the mario bros 1 is really cool game.
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 06/21/12 10:41 AM

Wow, this thread brings back memories. I haven't played any games since the late 20th century, haha... anyway, I think Yoshi's Island and Mario 3 were basically perfect game designs. I remember skipping school to buy Mario 3 because they wouldn't take reservations - my mom actually OKed this and drove me to the Toys R Us.
Posted By: smayragrace

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 07/30/12 04:26 PM

Super Mario Bros 2 is a Good Game to Play Online....Each part of this Game has its own features and Like to play all games of Mario and Now Playing Super Mario 3D Land.
Posted By: ashily

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 08/22/12 02:36 AM

Mario3 is better.
Posted By: Brenda

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 09/17/12 05:12 AM

Super Mario game is to popular game and I have also played the the super mario bro 2 and also 3 mario bro 3 is more interesting to play then mario 2.Now currently i am playing the super mario 3d land.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 09/22/12 08:53 PM

a buddy of mine is selling a bunch of old video games for a great price check it out before it ends here http://www.ebay.com/itm/261098852910?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

sorry to derail thread just spreading the word
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Super Mario Bros 2 - 09/22/12 08:53 PM

delete
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET