Home

Taxi Driver videogame announced

Posted By: XDCX

Taxi Driver videogame announced - 05/17/05 12:46 AM

My God, I don't know how this is gonna work. :rolleyes:

From GameSpy.com

Taxi Driver Announced (PS2)
Based on the 70's classic, this Scorcese film is being translated into an interactive experience.
By Eduardo Vasconcellos | May 11, 2005

Majesco announced today that a video game version of Martin Scorsese's classic, Taxi Driver, is currently in development.

Commemorating the 30th anniversary, Taxi Driver is being developed by Papaya Studio through a licensing agreement with Sony Pictures Consumer Products.

"Nominated for four Academy Awards, Taxi Driver remains one of the most iconoclastic films of our time. Compelling and powerful, the movie ensnares viewers in the seedy urban world of New York cabbie Travis Bickle, and we hope to do likewise with our game," said Ken Gold, vice president of Marketing for Majesco. "We look forward to developing a game that remains true to the spirit and style of the movie, and embodies a total entertainment experience."

"We're excited to be working with Majesco on a game for Taxi Driver," stated Mark Caplan, Executive Director, Interactive, Sony Pictures Consumer Products. "We're confident they, together with Papaya Studio, will create a game that successfully makes the transition from film to the video game world."
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Taxi Driver videogame announced - 05/17/05 01:03 AM

This sounds like a terrible idea. So the object of the game is to fail at normal social interaction for about 80% of the game, plan to assasinate a political candidate, think better of it, and eventually shoot up a whorehouse?

Sounds... fun.
Posted By: TheSicilian123

Re: Taxi Driver videogame announced - 05/17/05 02:46 AM

I heard rumer of a Taxi Driver 2, but I dont know about the video game. Sounds alot like the movie. Hopefully different.
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Taxi Driver videogame announced - 05/22/05 11:27 PM

I don't know what there will be to do? In the movie, there is very little action (not a criticism, just a fact)
Posted By: SlimTrashman

Re: Taxi Driver videogame announced - 06/05/05 10:23 PM

on http://www.ign.com the offical plot is that it's two months after the famous events and your job is to clean the street of new york city one more time.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET