Home

Playstation 3

Posted By: Blake

Playstation 3 - 05/16/05 07:55 AM

It's almost among us. Until E3 where the impressive stuff comes out, here is whats been released so far.
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/674/674095/vids_1.html

Also, here are some homemade desktop pictures. Not much news but there will be soon!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v233/roodog/PS3/
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Playstation 3 - 05/16/05 01:36 PM

Blake, if I recall, you work for a video game mag, correct? Are you one of the lucky ones who will be going to E3?

Re: Playstation 3 - 05/16/05 06:28 PM

I wish mang! I did appear in one once though. :p

Re: Playstation 3 - 06/03/05 06:43 PM

here is some next generation rumour out of EGM.

We Can All Be Heroes
Last issue, I was rapping about how massively multiplayer online role-playing games (know to some peeps as simply MMORPGs) would have a much lasrger presence on the next wave of consoles. I wasn't yanking your chain, as I'm now hearing that an MMORPG using the marvel license is planned for both Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. And here are a few nuggets about the game: Instead of donning, say, Spidey's or Wolverine's tights, you'll create a fully customizable character who can meet up with several CPU-controlled marvel legends, become their temporary protege, and earn some of their signature moves via completing heroic deeds throughout the game's crime-filled metropolis. Sounds, uh, super!

Also the new Gameboy should have Gamecube graphics and the new PSP GTA will be multiplayer.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Playstation 3 - 06/03/05 06:59 PM

Do you know where I can find pictures of Nintendo's new system? I think it's call Revolution or something like that? I heard a rumor how users will be able to download classic NES games onto the system and be able to play it??
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Playstation 3 - 06/03/05 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
Do you know where I can find pictures of Nintendo's new system? I think it's call Revolution or something like that? I heard a rumor how users will be able to download classic NES games onto the system and be able to play it??
I think you can try IGN.com.

As for the old games, yes, you will be able to download games from the 8-Bit NES all the way up to the N64, for a price. Since I own most of these games, or can emulate them on the PC, I don't think I'll use this feature. I'm actually quite tired of Nintendo recycling its old stuff and then charging top dollar for it.

Re: Playstation 3 - 06/03/05 10:22 PM

I might get it. I LOVE those classic NES games and would buy the new system for that feature. I'd mostly get NES and SNES games
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Playstation 3 - 06/03/05 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
I might get it. I LOVE those classic NES games and would buy the new system for that feature. I'd mostly get NES and SNES games
You'd be paying a lot of money for something you can easily get for free. I have Sega Genesis, NES, and SNES all on my PC. And it doesn't take up that much at all. In fact, you won't be installing a program taking up much time.

Re: Playstation 3 - 06/03/05 10:46 PM

How could I get them on my PC? I'd have to buy a controller! I can't play those games with a keyboard & mouse (already done that)
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Playstation 3 - 06/04/05 12:08 AM

Emulator. And it's ridiculously easy to play on a keyboard. The difference is square buttons instead of circle, and the fact it isn't hand-held. But no difference.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET