Home

whos played the game mafia

Posted By: matthew

whos played the game mafia - 02/22/04 08:04 PM

its like the godfather, goodfellas all together
Posted By: FAC3FU11

Re: whos played the game mafia - 02/23/04 06:23 AM

It resembles it almost too much with that motion it has.
Posted By: atownplaya

Re: whos played the game mafia - 03/04/04 10:40 PM

i have played the game it really isnt that good
Posted By: waynethegame

Re: whos played the game mafia - 03/05/04 02:36 AM

Good storyline/attempt, but really lousy gameplay. Would be ten times better if it used the GTA engine instead of being ridiculously hard to kill things.
Posted By: Farantino

Re: whos played the game mafia - 03/11/04 06:42 PM

I played it. I loved the game. I thought that except for the time-line, the game resembled Goodfellas more.
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: whos played the game mafia - 03/13/04 01:25 PM

Okay I'm back. Long time away but I'm back.

Mafia is a good game. The storyline is superb. Graphics are very good and very realistic.
Posted By: SC

Re: whos played the game mafia - 03/13/04 02:31 PM

Welcome back, MMF!

(This discussion is being moved to the "Video Games" forum).
Posted By: Mac

Re: whos played the game mafia - 03/15/04 01:39 AM

Good storyline, very good graphics but poor game play in my books.

Cheers,
Mac

Re: whos played the game mafia - 03/15/04 10:46 AM

Poor gameplay? What do you mean with that. I've edited the buttons myself now and it plays very easy.
Posted By: Mac

Re: whos played the game mafia - 03/15/04 11:19 PM

Hey MMF,
Poor game play was a bad choice of words. I had no trouble with the buttons or movement/actions of the game, it was all tremendously good too. I guess I thought I’d enjoy it more than I did; the fun factor just wasn't there for me. I'm a little biased to sports games, which as you know are completely different. All in all it was a great game, I just had higher expectations for it...regarding the fun factor.
Hope that explains things.
Cheers,
Mac

Re: whos played the game mafia - 03/16/04 12:20 PM

This explanation is totally not equal to the word " poor gameplay ". But I get it. Sports games are fun, altough I can't play it a long time. Fifa 2004 for example. Play it a few days and then the fun is gone for me.
Posted By: Jonny Lips

Re: whos played the game mafia - 03/25/04 12:29 AM

The Xbox version is much better than the PS2.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: whos played the game mafia - 03/27/04 08:41 PM

Actually considering they developed this game before GTAIII even came back, which was about 98 or 99 i think the gameplay is great. We've just all been exposed to better things though at this point and we all think its not so great. You just need to bring the background info into consideration before you judge it.
Posted By: Patches

Re: whos played the game mafia - 03/29/04 01:31 AM

I thought it was great. Although it was 44.99 used with my 10% discount. I had to take it back because I was broke and my son needed diapers...
Posted By: Michael Cyberrelli

Re: whos played the game mafia - 03/29/04 06:03 PM

I played mafia on the xbox and i think its a pretty good game. If it had the gta engine it would be better. i think the best part of mafia is the gun fights. in gta a pistol was crap, but in mafia any weapon is useful. Thats what makes mafia a good game.
Posted By: The Scottish Don

Re: whos played the game mafia - 03/30/04 09:44 AM

The original version for the PC was/still is simply immense.

So many qualities, from the story/levels/variety/detail etc. etc. I cannot recommend the PC version enough. Just make sure your PC has enough room for it to be run properly....

Re: whos played the game mafia - 04/05/04 01:43 PM

I've finished Mafia the game. I had teers in my eyes in the end. What a beautiful game. Never thought it has this superb ending.
Posted By: Scarface Zombie

Re: whos played the game mafia - 04/26/04 11:13 PM

I thought the game was great. Most of teh levels were hard though. THe end movie was fantastic.
Posted By: Sin City Mafia

Re: whos played the game mafia - 05/04/04 11:16 PM

i thought the game was really good. a few of the missions and parts were hard and took me a while to beat. besides that its great.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: whos played the game mafia - 05/09/04 04:43 PM

i played this game before and the bad thing is i have to format my hard drive and forgot to copy my save games. my bad.

GoodFella
Posted By: Santino Corleone

Re: whos played the game mafia - 05/09/04 08:47 PM

I think it's a great game. Fantastic story, good graphics, and you gotta love the Tommy Gun.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: whos played the game mafia - 05/10/04 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Lips:
The Xbox version is much better than the PS2.
The PC version 0wns all. :p
Posted By: AllAboutTheFamily

Re: whos played the game mafia - 05/20/04 10:55 PM

Ive played it. VERY good storyline. A lot like Goodfellas only set in the 1930's. Most people don't like the gameplay or the graphics but this was made a while ago and was very well done in its time. And I have to say that the music is the best music that has ever been on a game I played. It even won awards fr the music. But mafia 2 should be coming out sometime in 2005-i can't wait to see the improvements they'll make with that.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET