Home

Godfather video game

Posted By: Don'tForgetTheCannolis

Godfather video game - 12/15/03 12:30 AM

I really don't think its that far fetched. I'm a huge fan of the godfather and think i have a good idea to how you could make it into a video game. So first off i think it has to take place in the 30's during the Five Family war and could have you running assignments for Clemenza or Tessio or even both. It would be great b/c you could help build the Corleone Empire by running hits and as the game goes on you become more and more important to the family and ultimiatly become a made member and you get to meet the Don. This is just an idea and i would love to hear people elaborate on it to your own likings.
Posted By: Don Pope

Re: Godfather video game - 12/15/03 01:17 AM

yea that prob would be a good idea
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Godfather video game - 12/15/03 01:42 AM

Interesting idea, and I was always thinking of a videogame where you can build your own criminal empire. The game sounds intriguing, I would like it to be more of a rpg, where you build your own empire from scratches, but you can recruit men and you compete against enemy families.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Godfather video game - 12/15/03 02:03 AM

Oh hell, if there was ever anything like that, I'd buy it in a second!
Posted By: Don Pope

Re: Godfather video game - 12/15/03 02:48 AM

yea same
Posted By: The Ant

Re: Godfather video game - 12/15/03 06:06 AM

sounds promising, i'd rather have no game though then a really crappy game, as a lot of games based on films tend to be.
Posted By: Meggie

Re: Godfather video game - 12/15/03 06:33 PM

I'd be the first in line to get that video game
Posted By: joltinjoe05

Re: Godfather video game - 12/15/03 11:39 PM

I'd give a lady a concussion just trying to get the game

joltinjoe
~would just blame it on the store, though
Posted By: badguytony

Re: Godfather video game - 12/16/03 12:06 AM

Heck yea I would get the game. I like your avatar Meggie.
Posted By: The Scottish Don

Re: Godfather video game - 12/17/03 11:52 AM

I think Mafia is as close as you are going to get.

Other than playing Michael Corleone himself, the game would not really be true to the films.

Re: Godfather video game - 12/17/03 05:19 PM

I'm not saying that it should be called godfather but rather The Corleone Family. So that enables you to become a soldier and work for the family. I was also thinking that if you wanted to be the Don in a video game you could do it like this. The Don is brought certain operations of the day or duties he needs done. From their you make the decision as to which Capo Regime gets the job Tessio or Clemenza then from there you pick out which guys are gonna do the job and there will be a list of soldiers to choose from. Then after choosing your crew you as the player go act out the orders. So here you get to be the Don making the orders as well as acting as a soldier carrying them out. I think this would be even a better idea. Let me know what you all think
Posted By: Knocc Out

Re: Godfather video game - 12/18/03 04:06 PM

what you guys are describing is basically just the same as Gangsters 1 for the PC, thats like a strategy mafia game, its a bit dated now but still a top class game
Posted By: Johnny Tightlips

Re: Godfather video game - 12/18/03 08:14 PM

or even better gangsters 2
Posted By: zo

Re: Godfather video game - 12/19/03 06:12 AM

nah...it would have to be like the movie to be a big hit and there werent enough jobs to make a video game bout it. nice try though.

Re: Godfather video game - 12/19/03 09:21 PM

i beg to disagree, how isn't there enough jobs, if it takes place during the five family war you could be doing hits, bootlegging from canada, setting up senators and judges, disposing of bodies, theres no end to the possibilites. And yes it is like gangster 1 and 2 thats where i got the idea. Though i've never played i feel you could go into a lot more detail. By the way your telling me none of you would buy it?
Posted By: Owen

Re: Godfather video game - 12/22/03 01:38 AM

I would buy it, I dont have anything to play it on but it might make me want to run out and get a video game system, just to play it. I also thought of a Scarface video game, I know that GTA Vice City is a lot like Scarface but I would like a game that was identicle to the movie.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Godfather video game - 12/24/03 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Lights:
Interesting idea, and I was always thinking of a videogame where you can build your own criminal empire. The game sounds intriguing, I would like it to be more of a rpg, where you build your own empire from scratches, but you can recruit men and you compete against enemy families.
Well i was thinking it'd be cool if there were a free roaming game, like GTA, where there were sevearl families in the game that you could choose toi join. You could continue to raise in position, and some day maybe become don. Or you could choose to start your own family. Maybe it could have an online format where you could get friends to play and join your family.
Posted By: smosse

Re: Godfather video game - 01/13/04 07:48 PM

You can also make a game with scenes of the movies in. The idea of long lost corleone is also intresting but I think that the story is very important in that kind of game's like the storiein the godfather is very important en not only the action. And when you want to make it don't let ea have anything to do about becaus e they make it to comercial en ruin the game completly
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET