Home

Manhunt, best game EVER

Posted By: plainswalker18

Manhunt, best game EVER - 11/23/03 04:00 AM

I know this isn't gangster related but think of it this way: Manhunt was created by the people who brought us two of the biggest gangster games around, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City. I've decided to review Manhunt.

Story

You are James Earl Cash. For crimes to horrible to speak you are sentenced to death.
After a few years on death row Cash is executed by lethal injection. A few hours later Cash awakes in Carcer City. Camera's are everywhere and the whole place is being controlled by someone called the "Director". His real name is Starkweather. In order to survive you have no choice but to follow his instructions... what else is there to do? Starkweather is making movies for his living. Reality movies. You are now the star of his latest picture. Blood thirtsy gangs roam the streets of Carcer City looking for you. According to Starkweather that if you follow his directions your ordeal may be over before sunrise...

Gameplay

This game is perfect. It has a great blend of action, stealth, and survival horror. Think of this:Metal Gear Solid 2+ Splinter Cell+ Silent Hill+ Resident Evil= Manhunt. Manhunt combines stealth techniques that were in MGS2 (Knocking on walls, Moving corpses, Ect.) and game ideas from Splinter Cell (Using shadows) but it also revolved around something new, sound. Silence is teh key to survival along with staying out of sight. Also like MGS2 you're severely outnumbered and most likely will die in a two on one battle. There's also survival horror aspects. Throughout the game I felt a feeling of dread... You can hear your hunters taunting you waiting to kill you. Most hunters wear masks which also make it seem more insane, it seems that you're not being hunted by humans... Which brings me to my last point, the AI is very intelligent. If they see you hide in the darkness, they'll follow. They won't just walk away after seeing you go into the shadows. If you're fighting and they're losing, they'll run and call desperately for support.

Graphics/Sound

The graphics are great. Every detail is clear. The areas are supposed to appear dark and gritty and they do. As for the sound I noticed some music but because in this game chances are you'll be listening for appoaching footsteps you'll hardly notice, but you will notice the voices. The voice acting is amazing. The thug voices were very well done. You'll hear insults to whistling. All I can say is excellent.

Replay Value

This game has great replay value. It's in a way addicting to get five-stars for each level and unlock bonus levels. Plus there are also two difficulties. Normal(Fetish) and Hard (Hardcore) Most people will find Fetish a true challenge...

Final Notes

I would say buy this game. You knew that was coming. This game is extremely violent and I can see how to some people disgusting. I personally didn't find it that disgusting. You'll survive. It's definately worth the fifty dollars, buy this game!

I say 10/10 and my word is law.
Posted By: Johnny Tightlips

Re: Manhunt, best game EVER - 11/23/03 08:15 PM

i agree, it is a really good game, but the best games ever will always be the grand theft auto series.
Posted By: plainswalker18

Re: Manhunt, best game EVER - 11/23/03 08:20 PM

i would say the gta series and manhunt are about even or manhunt is a small notch above.
Posted By: Blake

Re: Manhunt, best game EVER - 11/23/03 08:48 PM

I'm gonna rent it today.I just read the review at http://www.ign.com and I'm sure it will be in this months egm.
Posted By: Snake

Re: Manhunt, best game EVER - 11/28/03 04:52 AM

I'm renting it probably tomorrow when I return "XIII," another challenging, unique game (see my post)...that is, IF Blockbuster has it in!
Posted By: zo

Re: Manhunt, best game EVER - 11/28/03 06:12 AM

sounds like george orwell's 1984
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Manhunt, best game EVER - 12/06/03 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
IF[/i] Blockbuster has it in!
I rented it from there last night. They had a whole shelf. I think I got the last one. So far, it's ok. I haven't played that much though. I plan on turning out the lights, locking the doors, and pulling down the blinds tonight. Those are the instructions you're given. -Pat
Posted By: Don Pope

Re: Manhunt, best game EVER - 12/06/03 11:35 PM

anyone ever play the game deus ex?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET