Home

mafia

Posted By: Blake

mafia - 09/10/03 03:39 AM

Mafia is coming to ps2 and xbox in a coulpe of months.Who heres getting it?I'll be playing it on my ps2 in no time.
Posted By: keyser soze

Re: mafia - 09/11/03 04:04 PM

it comes out for ps2 on 11-28-03....my girlfriend asked if i wanted it for Christmas...i said are u crazy...im gettin it the day it comes out
Posted By: goodfella4188

Re: mafia - 09/13/03 03:18 PM

Me too. I had the game for PC, and after I got to the level where you have to steal the race car and get it 'fixed', it froze. Turns out my brother scratched up the disk when he was tryin to play with it.
Posted By: plainswalker18

Re: mafia - 09/14/03 03:00 PM

i've never played it but wanted to when i heard about it. ic ant wait!
Posted By: DonEthereal_313

Re: mafia - 09/15/03 11:40 AM

Hey,

What is therelase date for X-Box. My girlfriend still wants to knwo what I want, and this sounds like a prety good idea. I haven't played the PC version yet, so I can wait 'till Christmas, know what I mean.

Don Ethereal
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: mafia - 09/16/03 08:42 PM

I will be getting it for PS2, Ive had alot of problems with it on PC. Its a great game though
Posted By: Patrick

Re: mafia - 09/21/03 12:43 AM

i'll rent it first. -Pat
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: mafia - 09/22/03 06:15 PM

I ought it for PC sometime ago....

Indeed it was an amazing experience

Re: mafia - 09/23/03 12:17 AM

what's the whole game about and what's the time period? -Pat
Posted By: Arthur Pewty

Re: mafia - 09/23/03 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
what's the whole game about and what's the time period? -Pat
You should know I played the demo on PC several months ago, so what I say is based on my recollection of the demo.

It is set in the 1930's. You start out as a cab driver forced to get involved with the mob. It's very similar to GTA in that you can drive around the city. I think I remember that there were a lot more citizens, and the cars were realistic, meaning they were extremely slow and did not corner well. The first car I got to use had trouble making it up a hill after I hit a lamp post!

It is a somewhat linear game with cut scenes. You start by running some errands for a crime boss and continue from there. Damage modeling of terrain, like cars, and people is great. You can literally empty a Tommy gun into a car and it will fall to pieces as you shoot it, then explode and kill or wound those behind it!

It is certainly a more realistically modeled game and gaming world compared to GTA, GTA being more arcade like.

!!!WARNING!!!! The linked review appears to have spoilers!!!

[URL=Here is a religious based review that I know you'll appreciate]http://www.almenconi.com/topics/games/mafia.html[/URL]
Posted By: Arthur Pewty

Re: mafia - 09/23/03 01:04 AM

Found a great site to give you more info on Mafia.

http://lostheaven.co.uk/postt940.html
Posted By: alpacinofan

Re: mafia - 09/23/03 02:12 AM

When this game comes out, I hope it will be able to keep me playing until the next GTA comes out.

Re: mafia - 09/23/03 02:22 AM

ok, thanks for the info guys. -Pat
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET