Home

Tony's death in front of family?

Posted By: lefty_two_guns

Tony's death in front of family? - 04/28/15 10:46 AM

Now here's the thing, does anybody think tony would have been killed in front of his family (if you think he was killed in the fade to black of course) It seems that this is not the way things are done, now if we were talking about the Gomorrah then i would say yes but not in Jersey.
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Tony's death in front of family? - 04/28/15 05:46 PM

In the Mob world,at least in the US,there is supposedly an unwritten rule that you don't whack a guy in front of his family.
However,there have been many exceptions. Joey Gallo,Johnny Torrio(attempted),Willie Boy Johnson,Frankie Flowers(Jersey),John McCullogh (Roofers Union official killed in front of his wife by a fake floral delivery guy,also Jersey.)

I'm sure there are more,but these came off the top of my head.

Also as far as the Sopranos go,remember that Phil Leotardo was shot in front of his wife,so maybe if Tony did get killed in the end,it would have been in front of Carmella as payback.
Posted By: Primo

Re: Tony's death in front of family? - 04/28/15 05:48 PM

In Montreal 86 yr old Niccolo Rizzuto was sniped through his kitchen window while sitting down to dinner with his wife and daughters.

so it does happen.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Tony's death in front of family? - 04/28/15 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Lou_Para
In the Mob world,at least in the US,there is supposedly an unwritten rule that you don't whack a guy in front of his family.
However,there have been many exceptions. Joey Gallo,Johnny Torrio(attempted),Willie Boy Johnson,Frankie Flowers(Jersey),John McCullogh (Roofers Union official killed in front of his wife by a fake floral delivery guy,also Jersey.)

I'm sure there are more,but these came off the top of my head.

Also as far as the Sopranos go,remember that Phil Leotardo was shot in front of his wife,so maybe if Tony did get killed in the end,it would have been in front of Carmella as payback.

Good post, Lou. There have been MANY exceptions. And that's a good analogy about "The Sopranos."

The guys who want Tony to have lived have brought that up in the past: That Tony wouldn't have been killed in front of his family. Yet they all conveniently leave out the fact that Phil was shot in front of his naive, Church-going wife.

You can't have it both ways.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Tony's death in front of family? - 07/03/15 02:32 AM

Tony was killed in front of his family. There are many references in real life about that happening. Montreal, Colombos and Lucchese families during the 1990's. In Sicily they do it all the time, but not that often due to the public outcry decades ago.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET