Home

When you found yourself rooting for Tony

Posted By: goombah

When you found yourself rooting for Tony - 07/16/14 03:07 PM

In contrast to the thread of Tony's most ruthless moments, when did you find yourself hoping something would work out in his favor or otherwise cheering for him? While most would acknowledge that he was a sociopath, Tony nevertheless had some likeable moments and/or qualities.

In no particular order:
1) When Tony decided to not whack Meadow's high school soccer coach who slept with one of the underage teammates

2) When Tony almost gleefully saw Richie Aprile laying dead on his mother's floor next to Janice, knowing that Tony had nothing to do with it

3) Wanting Tony to pull through after Junior shot him in Season 6
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: When you found yourself rooting for Tony - 07/17/14 12:08 AM

- Toward the end of Season 1, when Junior made the move on him and he struck back.

- The New York war at the end of the series.
Posted By: mldetroit

Re: When you found yourself rooting for Tony - 07/17/14 03:57 PM

I almost always root for Tony despite the fact that he is a sociopath. He has some really ugly moments but I consistently root for the guy. Usually Tony is at his best and most likable when he is around his family. Like when he saves his son AJ from the pool (you have to feel for Tony then), when he enjoys dinner with his family and says things like 'To my family, the only thing that matters', when he beats the shit out of that New York guy that messed with Meadow and said something about the cream on her face (Any man is rooting for Tony when he stomps that guy).
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: When you found yourself rooting for Tony - 07/17/14 04:40 PM

Being the main character i always found myself rooting for Tony, what's not to like about him.. smile

Re: When you found yourself rooting for Tony - 07/18/14 02:19 AM

I forgot one:

When the lawyer wouldn't give back the $200,000 deposit, and Tony retaliates with Dean Martin Live From the Sands blasting from his boat.

I have some neighbors that are loud at 4:30 a.m.; I bought the Dean Martin album off iTunes, and have rigged the speakers outside.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: When you found yourself rooting for Tony - 07/18/14 11:21 AM

That's a good scene, he was to stubborn to give him his money back not knowing who he was really dealing with..
Posted By: mldetroit

Re: When you found yourself rooting for Tony - 07/19/14 12:41 AM

Even though that lawyer was an asshole (and at one point he even refers to himself in the third person, "Leaving A.S. fucked in the ass.") I agreed with him. Tony really fucked him over there...after he got the lawyer to turn down the original buyer.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: When you found yourself rooting for Tony - 07/19/14 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: mldetroit
Usually Tony is at his best and most likable when he is around his family. Like when he saves his son AJ from the pool

I was rooting for the cinder block tongue .

Re: When you found yourself rooting for Tony - 07/19/14 02:44 AM

Don't worry, the cinder block drowned Robert Iler's acting career.
Posted By: goombah

Re: When you found yourself rooting for Tony - 07/22/14 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: mldetroit
Usually Tony is at his best and most likable when he is around his family. Like when he saves his son AJ from the pool

I was rooting for the cinder block tongue .

Personally I was rooting for those leaves to light AJ's SUV seat in the last episode. tongue

AJ became almost as annoying as Jancie after that whole terrible Blanco storyline. Good grief was she out of his league.
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: When you found yourself rooting for Tony - 07/22/14 06:21 PM

Fight with him & Ralph , just cause Ralph's a major A-hole
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET