Home

Don't Stop Believing

Posted By: DiMaggio68

Don't Stop Believing - 11/05/09 04:54 PM

Did you guys ever wonder why they played this song at the end of the last Soprano's episode? It was the one where Carmela and the kids meet Tony at the restaurant. I think the reason is they were trying to tell us fans never to stop believing 'cause they are going to have a Soprano's movie or another series.
Posted By: Sopranorleone

Re: Don't Stop Believing - 11/05/09 11:18 PM

Also, the lyrics of the song are VERY important to the characters. Watch the scene again and notice:
A. It starts as soon as Carmela walks in
B. The cuts match the lyrics - "small town girl" = Carmela; "city boy" = Tony; later on: "some are born to sing the blues" = Tony; the list is nearly endless.
Of course, its abrupt cut is instrumental to what the final episode stands for.
Posted By: veneratio

Re: Don't Stop Believing - 11/05/10 10:57 AM

Which is Sopranorleone? grin
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Don't Stop Believing - 11/07/10 02:51 PM

Im not sure it meant anything more than what Sopranoleone said. Just a song that fit well with each character. And its rhythm goes good with the mood of the last episode.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Don't Stop Believing - 11/07/10 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Sopranorleone
"small town girl" = Carmela; "city boy" = Tony

They're both originally from the Newark area, so why is Carmela small town and Tony a city boy? confused
Posted By: veneratio

Re: Don't Stop Believing - 11/07/10 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Jk987
Im not sure it meant anything more than what Sopranoleone said. Just a song that fit well with each character. And its rhythm goes good with the mood of the last episode.

Haha no I was just trying to get Sopranoleone's opinion on the ending! Everyone has a different take as to what happened.
Posted By: Paddy

Re: Don't Stop Believing - 11/08/10 08:44 PM

Betraying where I stand regarding the last post, it's hard to believe Tony has been gone for three years now smile

I do know that Chase specifically wanted that song. Neal Schon of Journey demanded to see the ending prior to airing before he would let Chase use it, though. Obviously, he was satisfied.
Posted By: stevapalooza

Re: Don't Stop Believing - 11/14/10 08:09 AM

I think the song was meant to mock anyone who really thought Tony's story would end with a cheery family dinner. The entire point of the series was exactly what Livia said--it's all a big nothing, and in the end you can't count on anyone, not even family. Most of the last season was about the implosion of Tony's family, now suddenly everything is hunky dory? No way.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Don't Stop Believing - 02/07/11 02:54 AM

in my own little mind id like to think chase used this song for us fans to dont stop believing....its not over theres more to come but i doubt it lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET