Home

Gandolfini Gets Heavy With An Overzealous Fan

Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Gandolfini Gets Heavy With An Overzealous Fan - 01/31/08 01:48 AM

I'm surprised nobody posted this story (unless I missed it) A true Tony Soprano moment I think. Check out the pictures. Actually I think he looks good with the facial hair.

TIS

Sopranos boss James Gandolfini gets heavy with an overzealous fan
By NATALIE TROMBETTA - More by this author ยป

Last updated at 09:44am on 30th January 2008

It seems 10 years of playing mafia boss Tony Soprano has rubbed off on actor James Gandolfini.

The star was caught in an altercation at JFK airport yesterday after being pursued by an overzealous autograph hunter who declared himself a big fan of the actor.

The affection was clearly not mutual, with an irritated Gandolfini grabbing the man by his collar and punching him, claiming he came to close to his girlfriend Deborah Lin.....click link to continue

Story
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Gandolfini Gets Heavy With An Overzealous Fan - 01/31/08 02:54 AM

Haha! I can't decide whether Gandolfini's an absolute moron or not.

Anyway, I can't read articles like that because their emotive language makes me nauseous. What's wrong with unobtrusive information-giving, these days? We're a lot of gossip-whores, really. Look at those headlines down the right hand side of the column. Who cares about celebrity affairs, celebrity health issues, doubted happiness and hair loss?

Oh wait, I get it: these things act like soap operas; they're reported on because they reflect the current issues at stake in the everyman and everywoman who read the news.

Jesus, sorry TIS. Rant over. \:p

Re: Gandolfini Gets Heavy With An Overzealous Fan - 01/31/08 03:06 AM

Hi Capo,

I have never heard of the news organization that printed this story, but yea, those ads on the side are ridiculous. I found this story while I was browsing at work (busy day) \:p

I'm getting pretty tired of some of these gossipy type stories. I have something to "bitch" about if I can find the Brittney Spears thread again, but that's a different story.

Anyway, back to Gandolfini, I don't quite know how to interpret what happened. Is he a hothead or was he protecting his girlfriend. Who knows. \:\/

TIS

Re: Gandolfini Gets Heavy With An Overzealous Fan - 01/31/08 03:10 AM

I've been ambivalent about Gandolfini since that million dollars per episode dispute, to be honest. \:\/

Re: Gandolfini Gets Heavy With An Overzealous Fan - 01/31/08 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
I've been ambivalent about Gandolfini since that million dollars per episode dispute, to be honest. \:\/

Yea Capo, you're touching on something I probably would hate to hear......he's full of himself. It IS big possibility. Fame went to his head. \:\/

TIS
Posted By: Meggie

Re: Gandolfini Gets Heavy With An Overzealous Fan - 01/31/08 03:21 AM

I always thought stars had protection at the airports.He was just walking around like everyone else. Kinda funny.
The Paparazzi are just so sickening. Britney Spears is going to wind up just like Princess Diana if they don't stop hounding her.

Re: Gandolfini Gets Heavy With An Overzealous Fan - 01/31/08 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Meggie
I always thought stars had protection at the airports.He was just walking around like everyone else. Kinda funny.
The Paparazzi are just so sickening. Britney Spears is going to wind up just like Princess Diana if they don't stop hounding her.

Meggie,

I agree. Check out my post in "GENERAL" in the Britney thread. \:\)

TIS

Oh, and Capo (or anyone else who checks the pictures out) Doesn't the fan look a little like Irishman (just going by the few pictures he's posted?) \:\) That's who I though of when I saw the picture.

Posted By: whisper

Re: Gandolfini Gets Heavy With An Overzealous Fan - 01/31/08 08:57 AM

HAHAHA...

James is a funny guy.I think he should be able to handle the fame and crazy fans,but i still think it's great that he roughed up the guy.
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Gandolfini Gets Heavy With An Overzealous Fan - 02/03/08 04:40 PM

Jim was having a bad day. Who could blame him.

ds

Re: Gandolfini Gets Heavy With An Overzealous Fan - 02/05/08 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Oh, and Capo (or anyone else who checks the pictures out) Doesn't the fan look a little like Irishman (just going by the few pictures he's posted?) \:\) That's who I though of when I saw the picture.

Just saw this; missed it first time round.

Haha, yeah, the third pic looks like Irish. And he's wearing a cap, too, so there's no way real way of confirming (the hairline would have been a sure way of distinction).

Getting overzealous in your fandom, Irish? \:p
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Gandolfini Gets Heavy With An Overzealous Fan - 02/05/08 07:18 PM

TIS, I seen this story on tv. That ticked me off about him.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET