Home

Unrest of '83

Posted By: dontommasino

Unrest of '83 - 01/15/08 04:43 AM

I've been thinking of writing some Sopranos fan fiction just like BDuff has already done, but my stories would likely cover prequel stories. I just wanted to run by a possible idea for the Unrest of '83 that I wanted to run by everyone to see what they think of the idea so here it goes:

Tony Soprano and Jackie Aprile have robbed Feech LeManna's card game and Feech is furious. The caporegimes sit down with Dominick DiMeo to discuss the situation (Feech, Junior, Johnny Boy plus a few others) and Feech obviously wants Tony and Jackie's head on a plate, but because of Junior, Johnny Boy and several Aprile relatives it is decided that they'll get a pass. Feech is upset, but accepts the ruling of his boss, but the tension is created between Johnny Boy and Feech. A few years later and Feech is arrested (20 years), but several in Feech's crew blame Johnny Boy for setting up Feech to get arrested, which leads to tension. The unrest would not blow into anything huge since Feech's crew does not have the muscle to go up against Johnny Boy plus Junior who would inevitably help his brother.

I don't know if and when I'll get around to actually writing this, but this was an idea I wanted to throw out to see what people thought.
Posted By: SC

Re: Unrest of '83 - 01/15/08 04:51 AM

It has lots of possibilities.
Posted By: chopper

Re: Unrest of '83 - 01/15/08 09:44 AM

Yeah i could see that working
Posted By: BDuff

Re: Unrest of '83 - 01/15/08 03:42 PM

It would make a good movie ;\)
Posted By: chopper

Re: Unrest of '83 - 01/15/08 04:04 PM

Definetly
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Unrest of '83 - 01/15/08 04:46 PM

It could work if it was written well.
Posted By: dontommasino

Re: Unrest of '83 - 01/15/08 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Longneck
It could work if it was written well.

My biggest problem :), putting my ideas into a longer, written story. My theory is that writing about this might be a little anti-climatic since Feech's crew is going up against Johnny Boy, Junior and heck I could throw Ritchie Aprile in there (he's significantly older than brother and could be a captain by early-mid 80s), but I suppose it'd still be important in showing Tony's rise to the top.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Unrest of '83 - 01/15/08 08:18 PM

I think the only reason why the flashbacks in the show work is because they somehow inform upon the actual storyline. Same with The Godfather - in Saga form, as a straight story, the scenes with Michael as Boss aren't half as effective without the flashbacks, and the scenes of Vito in Sicily aren't either.

That's why I've always been against a prequel. There's only so much you can do; curiosity in already-established characters' earlier lives may serve in some way, but how long can you strain dramatic irony?
Posted By: Sopranorleone

Re: Unrest of '83 - 01/15/08 09:05 PM

If its a great story and written (movie or story, novel, etc), then anything will work.

I've always felt that the best option (just my opinion) was to create another season that takes place in between real Sopranos seasons. I just loved the ending so much that I wouldn't think of continuing the series after it.

Good luck! I may try my hand once I have some free time(in a couple of months, hopefully! haha).
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Unrest of '83 - 01/16/08 09:10 PM

Personally when it comes to writing I'd want to create my own characters and develop them more so than taking already established characters and trying to write a story without wrecking what's already been established.
Posted By: whisper

Re: Unrest of '83 - 01/16/08 11:43 PM

I like it!!
Posted By: BDuff

Re: Unrest of '83 - 01/17/08 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Longneck
Personally when it comes to writing I'd want to create my own characters and develop them more so than taking already established characters and trying to write a story without wrecking what's already been established.

I kinda agree, but when I write my season 7 episodes I find that I know the Sopranos characters so well that I know how to progres their strorline(s).
Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Re: Unrest of '83 - 04/19/08 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: dontommasino
I've been thinking of writing some Sopranos fan fiction just like BDuff has already done, but my stories would likely cover prequel stories. I just wanted to run by a possible idea for the Unrest of '83 that I wanted to run by everyone to see what they think of the idea so here it goes:

Tony Soprano and Jackie Aprile have robbed Feech LeManna's card game and Feech is furious. The caporegimes sit down with Dominick DiMeo to discuss the situation (Feech, Junior, Johnny Boy plus a few others) and Feech obviously wants Tony and Jackie's head on a plate, but because of Junior, Johnny Boy and several Aprile relatives it is decided that they'll get a pass. Feech is upset, but accepts the ruling of his boss, but the tension is created between Johnny Boy and Feech. A few years later and Feech is arrested (20 years), but several in Feech's crew blame Johnny Boy for setting up Feech to get arrested, which leads to tension. The unrest would not blow into anything huge since Feech's crew does not have the muscle to go up against Johnny Boy plus Junior who would inevitably help his brother.

I don't know if and when I'll get around to actually writing this, but this was an idea I wanted to throw out to see what people thought.

Richie Aprile stopped Feech La Manna from retaliating when Tony Soprano and Jackie Aprile robbed his card game, Johnny Boy Soprano, but, apart from that, I think that your idea has a lot of potential to be an interesting story.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET