Home

My fiancée might wack me.

Posted By: Just Lou

My fiancée might wack me. - 07/08/07 04:57 AM

I'm trying to find a way to sneak this into my basement, before I get married next month. The only problem is, if she finds out it costs almost $5K, I might not be getting married.

Posted By: SC

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/08/07 05:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
if she finds out it costs almost $5K

TILT

My cousin is in the pinball business (fixing them) as was my father and his father were. He has two customers who have those machines... they paid big bucks for them, too.

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/08/07 05:45 AM

The machine I really want is a 1981 Bally "Eight Ball Deluxe". IMO, it was the best pinball game ever made. To get one completely restored to new condition would cost as much or more than a new Sopranos' machine.

I know if I buy either, it's going to cost me a new kitchen.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/08/07 12:58 PM

I'm trying to find a way to sneak this into my basement, before I get married next month. The only problem is, if she finds out it costs almost $5K, I might not be getting married.

Just Lou (and I'm sure SC will appreciate this), after reading your post it reminded me of the post that sticks out in my mind most from Plawrence:

"Remember.....you are the KING of the Castle....She is nothing but a peasant...what you say goes...fantasy sports takes a back seat to nothing.....

Anyway, here are the scores so far for Week One. I woulda had them posted sooner, but my girlfriend had a few things that she wanted me to do this afternoon. "

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/08/07 04:52 PM

In all honesty, I can get it if I want. She's a great kid. She doesn't bust my balls over stuff like this. She knows I can afford it. ...I will have to agree to the new kitchen though.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/08/07 06:04 PM

That's going on my Christmas list!
Posted By: CHRISTOPHER

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/08/07 10:35 PM

that does indeed look like a fun toy.

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/08/07 11:28 PM

There is a place that sells them here in NJ. $4,700, +$150 to ship and set it up. I have to see. I want to build a deck and put a hot tub in the yard too, so I have to see what goodies I really want. ;\)
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/09/07 12:09 PM

There is a place that sells them here in NJ. $4,700, +$150 to ship and set it up. I have to see. I want to build a deck and put a hot tub in the yard too, so I have to see what goodies I really want. ;\)

Hi neighbor! \:D
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/09/07 01:58 PM

If you can afford that, there's a pair of shoes I was looking at the other day; any chance of sending a cheque my way?

That Plaw post is classic.

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/09/07 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Hi neighbor! \:D

;\)

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/09/07 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
If you can afford that, there's a pair of shoes I was looking at the other day; any chance of sending a cheque my way?

Hmm. I'm sure I want to be a philanthropist. ;\)

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/09/07 04:02 PM

JL, please post pics of it in your new den! \:D

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/09/07 04:05 PM

I will if I get it.

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/09/07 04:12 PM

What's standing between getting it and not getting it? Finances? Some final molecule of self-discipline? A woman?

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/09/07 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
What's standing between getting it and not getting it? Finances? Some final molecule of self-discipline? A woman?

Good question. It would be easier to explain why I'm even considering getting it in the first place. Tomorrow I have to write a check for $20K+ to the catering hall doing my wedding. So in my mind, what's the big deal if I spend another $5K.

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/09/07 04:37 PM

Exactly! Haha. And, if you're committing to a woman for life, then you deserve some kind of small reward for it.

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/09/07 04:51 PM

Plus I need things for my "Man Cave".
Posted By: Ice

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/10/07 10:10 PM

I'm trying to find a way to sneak this into my basement, before I get married next month.

nice work lou.

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/10/07 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Ice
I'm trying to find a way to sneak this into my basement, before I get married next month.

nice work lou.

No, I haven't had the balls to order it yet.
Posted By: Sopranorleone

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/10/07 11:08 PM

Say you won it off of the GangsterBB first annual pinball machine auction. You beat out Pizzaboy by a dollar!

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/10/07 11:18 PM

Not a bad idea, but unfortunately she's a school teacher and pretty smart. She's not going to believe any Ralph Kramden type stories. I really have to consider how much this is really going to cost me in the long run if I buy it. ;\)
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/11/07 02:19 AM

I really have to consider how much this is really going to cost me in the long run if I buy it. ;\)

I would imagine that it would be at least one sashay through Tiffany's.

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/11/07 02:50 AM

I think it's going to be more like stainless steel appliances, marble counter tops, oak cabinets, and tile flooring. ;\)
Posted By: whisper

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/11/07 06:28 AM

In all honesty, I can get it if I want. She's a great kid. She doesn't bust my balls over stuff like this. She knows I can afford it. ...I will have to agree to the new kitchen though.

My girlfriend stabbed me three times once.

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/11/07 07:00 AM

I want to laugh, but I'm not sure it would be appropriate. ;\)
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/12/07 02:35 AM

I think it's going to be more like stainless steel appliances, marble counter tops, oak cabinets, and tile flooring. ;\)

I can tell you from first-hand experience what THAT'S going to cost you. Just don't look when you write the checks. It's easier that way.

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/12/07 02:41 AM

Yeah. I also realize that she's going to get those things anyway if she wants them, so I should just go buy whatever I want.
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/12/07 06:06 PM

Yeah. I also realize that she's going to get those things anyway if she wants them, so I should just go buy whatever I want.

That line of reasoning will go over well. \:p

I think you should buy it before you get married - that way, there aren't any surprises after the wedding. Just call it a wedding gift to yourself. ;\)
Posted By: Beth E

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/12/07 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Sicilia

I think you should buy it before you get married - that way, there aren't any surprises after the wedding. Just call it a wedding gift to yourself. ;\)

This said from a newlywed. \:\)
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/12/07 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Beth E
 Originally Posted By: Don Sicilia

This said from a newlywed. \:\)

Wait... does that mean that JL should listen to my advice or that he shouldn't? ;\)
Posted By: Beth E

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/12/07 06:35 PM

It means you are the voice of reason and wise beyond your years.

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/13/07 02:11 AM

Hmmm. Should I or shouldn't I.

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/13/07 04:48 AM

Why don't you buy it and have it delivered to my house, I'll let you come over and play it whenever you like

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/13/07 04:56 AM

Today I went out and bought a new mountain bike, even though I already have one. Her reaction was to make fun of me. So far so good. If she only makes fun of me when I buy the pinball machine, I'll be OK. ;\)
...then again, she has no idea how much I spent on the bike.

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/13/07 03:31 PM

Tell her you got it at a yard sale (the pinball machine)
Posted By: SC

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/13/07 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Longneck
Tell her you got it at a yard sale (the pinball machine)

Nahhhh.... she'd see right through that. Tell her it fell off the back of a truck.

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/13/07 03:47 PM

I'd tell her it was a wedding gift from my mother, but my mother won't lie for me. ;\)
Posted By: whisper

Re: My fiancée might wack me. - 07/13/07 08:32 PM

I want to laugh, but I'm not sure it would be appropriate. ;\)

We actually laugh about it now.But at the time,lets just say i was very upset.To say the least.
I should actually post pics of my wounds.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET