Home

I MET GANDOLFINI

Posted By: CHRISTOPHER

I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/13/07 10:03 PM

Earlier Today, At peoria Illinois' Mob Makers convention Mr. Gandolphini himself was there! I dont think very many people saw him, but I did and i asked him on his perspective on the ending of the sopranos...he said that he just went with it but there are two other endings that could of been shown, he said the one that was aired was fine he didn't want to argue with chase and he wanted to be done with this whole show...:( I asked him do you think theres any chance of a movie??? he said you may never know. then he left...At least I met him!
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/13/07 10:04 PM

That's awesome.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/13/07 10:16 PM

How the fuck didn't I know about that "convention"? And why's there no mention of it online?

Can you please tell us more about it?
Posted By: SC

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/13/07 10:17 PM

Where in Peoria was the convention held?
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/13/07 10:26 PM

Lucky you Christopher! I'm so jealous. Did he look the same as we see him on tv. Was he kind of standoffish? Did you get pictures?

I keep hearing several endings were filmed and then I heard/read that's just a rumor. I also heard last night on "E" that Gandolfini didn't go to the party afterward because he wasn't happy with the ending. Don't know what to believe.

One thing though, from Chase to now Gandolfini, "never say never" about a movie. I still say it'll happen. Maybe not real soon, but it will happen IMHO.
Thanks for sharing Chris. I am thrilled for you. \:\)

TIS

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/13/07 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

How the fuck didn't I know about that convention? And why's there no mention of it online?

Man, wouldn't that have been a great "meet" for the BB??? \:\/

TIS

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/13/07 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

How the fuck didn't I know about that convention? And why's there no mention of it online?

Man, wouldn't that have been a great "meet" for the BB???

I think this belongs in the Fantasy forum.

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/13/07 10:29 PM

I'm starting to think so....

Wonder if I'll have to ban anyone for fibbing? ;\)
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/13/07 10:46 PM

"Peoria Illinois' Mob Makers Convention"?
Posted By: Beth E

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/13/07 10:52 PM

You lucky bastid. I think that goes along with what I've been reading that Gandolfini didn't like the ending. Maybe the two scenes that were shot were the one Jamie Lynn Segler said about her coming in and sitting down at the table. The other might have been Tony getting killed.

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/13/07 10:57 PM

Christopher, it would be great if you could find an article on this or tell us more about this event. \:\) I was interested in it, so I check the Peoria news and mob makers convention and evidently it's not on-line. I, for one, would be interested in knowing a little more about this convention. Like if it is "annually" and what it's all about.

Thanks

TIS

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/13/07 11:16 PM

I'm sure there must've been a great turnout for a convention held during the week... \:\/
Posted By: Mignon

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/13/07 11:18 PM

Some people have all the luck. Good for you

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/13/07 11:20 PM

Sonofabiatch. I take it we're being had. I think that ranks right up there with Shortcake threatening suicide.

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/13/07 11:31 PM

Ha ha!!! Yea it sure looks that way doesn't it? \:\/

I do check at least a couple times a year or so just to see if there might be some kind of mobster/mafia convention type event that would be perfect for our group here. They are not easy to come by though! \:\/

TIS

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/13/07 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Beth E
Sonofabiatch. I take it we're being had. I think that ranks right up there with Shortcake threatening suicide.

Reminds me of some of those news articles that our buddy Neal Pulcawer wrote. Bless his heart.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/14/07 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: CHRISTOPHER
Earlier Today, At peoria Illinois' Mob Makers convention Mr. Gandolphini himself was there!

Quote:
I think this belongs in the Fantasy forum.

I'm starting to think so....
Wonder if I'll have to ban anyone for fibbing?

Sonofabiatch. I take it we're being had.

Ha ha!!! Yea it sure looks that way doesn't it?

It's right here :

THE PEORIA JOURNAL
Saturday June 14th 2007
By - Ron Caddi

For the first time ever, the Mob Maker's Convention has come to the Chicago area.. well, Peoria, IL. And actually, it's the first convention of this sort. Held June 11th - 14th, it's open to the public and will feature noted authors, collectors of gangster memorabilia, historians, and gangster movies and documentaries.

From the Sopranos, James Gondolfini ( Tony Soprano) Joe Gannascoli (Vito Spatafore) and John Fiore (Gigi Cestone) will make an appearance. Other featured guests are Georgia Durante - mobster driver turned stuntdriver, Dominic Capone - a descendant of Al's, and Antoinette Giancana - the daughter of Sam "Momo" Giancana.

Chicagoist was excited about a tour of Chicago gangster locations that is planned but then we realized that it is 5 hours long (from 7pm - 12am!) and costs $40. That's a little too 'core for us. So we did a quick Google search and found out about Chicago's original gangster tour, The Untouchables Tour. This tour is only 2 hours long and is $24.. and we can go almost any time we want - looks like it's time to play tourist for a day. Or if you don't want to put yourself through it, we found this awesome Al Capone Museum online (check out the timeline).

Photo of two conventioneers posing with Emilio Rebenga (middle) from the film SCARFACE

Photo of two locals posing with Big Frank, stunt double for Steve Schrippa's Bobby Baccala

CHRISTOPHER, is this the convention?

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/14/07 02:32 PM

Ron Caddi?

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/14/07 02:38 PM

Ron Caddi?

He's a freelance journalist for that Preoria Newspaper. I believe that his mentor was a very famous and popular writer from New Jersey named Neal Pulcawer.

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/14/07 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Ron Caddi?

He's a freelance journalist for that Preoria Newspaper. I believe that his mentor was a very famous and popular writer from New Jersey named Neal Pulcawer.

Having gone to college in Peoria I know that the newspaper's name is actually The Peoria Journal Star.

I wonder if Christopher took Gandolfini to Avanti's for a gondola.

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/14/07 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: SC

I wonder if Christopher took Gandolfini to Avanti's for a gondola.

I understand that Gandolfini loves onion rings.

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/14/07 03:10 PM

I understand that Gandolfini loves onion rings.

Really??? I heard that whenever he eats them he blacks out.
Posted By: bogey

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/14/07 03:11 PM

Geoff! WTF, man? Why weren't you on top of this? \:p
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/14/07 07:05 PM

DC, Thanks for posting that article. I found it quite informative. I was only sorry that I wasn't in Peoria for this convention, so that I, too, could have touched the hem of the garments of THE James Gandolfini. However, after seeing some of the photos from that article, I'm sort of glad I didn't go. That guy in the first picture, the one on the left - scary!!! Like those stalkers you see at some of these conventions. I'm surprised he wasn't wearing a Satriale's shirt!
Posted By: Fame

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/14/07 11:32 PM

So we did a quick Google search and found out about Chicago's original gangster tour, The Untouchables Tour.

Haha, I actually did that one! well, it wasnt really an official tour. I grew up in Chicago so it was inevitable. I remember going with my friends on a 'Untouchables-Backdraft-Blues Brothers tour' once....ahh the memories.

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/15/07 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
DC, Thanks for posting that article. I found it quite informative. I was only sorry that I wasn't in Peoria for this convention, so that I, too, could have touched the hem of the garments of THE James Gandolfini. However, after seeing some of the photos from that article, I'm sort of glad I didn't go. That guy in the first picture, the one on the left - scary!!! Like those stalkers you see at some of these conventions. I'm surprised he wasn't wearing a Satriale's shirt!

You're welcomed SB.

Yes, I know the kind. That guy on the left in the first picture definitely fits the profile of one of those convention groupies.

Hey CHRISTOPHER, is the convention that you are talking about the same convention that they talk about in the article that I posted? Is that the one that you went to?

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/15/07 02:31 PM

CHRISTOPHER must have gone black!

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/16/07 03:47 AM

DC, Do you happen to know Ron Caddi? Tell him to keep posting these very news worthy articles. Ask him when the next convention is, I might want to go to the next one. ;\)

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/17/07 04:04 AM

Yes Cardi sorry havent been on for a while that Convention goes all around illinois, I TOLD YOU ALL!!! IT WASNT A FAKE!!! and yes the peoria journal star is the newspaper company there, i bet he loves onion rings too, i know i do.

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/17/07 04:04 AM

Yes Cardi sorry havent been on for a while that Convention goes all around illinois, I TOLD YOU ALL!!! IT WASNT A FAKE!!! and yes the peoria journal star is the newspaper company there, i bet he loves onion rings too, i know i do.

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/17/07 04:25 AM

But Gandolfini wasn't in Peoria last week.... how do you explain talking to him???

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/17/07 06:17 AM

Maybe he confused it with his MENSA meeting.... ;\)

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/17/07 06:56 AM

Originally Posted By: CHRISTOPHER

WOW!! How cool. What was he like?

Did you meet any other stars at that convention?
Posted By: bogey

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/17/07 07:31 AM

You guys are really busting his balls.

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/17/07 03:22 PM

But Gandolfini wasn't in Peoria last week.... how do you explain talking to him???

How do you know that he wasn't there?

CHRISTOPHER comes from Chicago so if anyone would know about this "traveling" mobster convention and if Gandolfini was there, it is him!

Doubting Thomas.

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/17/07 03:25 PM

I called the agency that handles Gandolfini and they told me. \:D

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/17/07 03:33 PM

I'm going to place a call to Joe "Vito Spat" Gannascoli and find out what the hell is going on here!

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/17/07 04:26 PM

I'm going to place a call to Joe "Vito Spat" Gannascoli and find out what the hell is going on here!

Ok, Vito Spat just informed me that he knew NOTHING at all about this convention and that Gandolfini was right here in the east all last week! So I called that newspaper and asked about this Gangster Convention thing, and they said that no such animal took place, nor does it exist, and confirmed that Gandofini was NOT in Peoria!

CHRISTOPHER, CHRISTOPHER, what have we ever done to make you treat us so disrepectfully? Had you come to us in friendship, then you wouldn't have had to make up this Gandofini story to gain acceptance on these boards. I understand. You found paradise on the gangsterbb and you didn't need a friend of me. But uh, now you come to me and you say -- "Don Cardi, I am telling the truth"-- But you don't show any respect. You don't offer friendship. You come on these boards and you uh ask us to believe this story. That Gandolfini story is not the truth ; it is full of holes.

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/17/07 04:28 PM

Vito Spat? I thought he swallowed...
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/17/07 04:36 PM

That Gandolfini story is not the truth ; it is full of holes.

Gandolfini story =

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/17/07 04:43 PM

Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/17/07 09:03 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been patiently watching from the sidelines and I really think we've made a mountain out of a molehill.

Or, to put it more bluntly, I think your brains have gone soft from all that comedy that's been playing out on the Sopranos boards.

What we have is really quite simple - certainly not nearly as difficult as figuring out the Sopranos finale. As David Chase would say, "It's all there."

And it all comes down to a simple case of misspelling.

He met...

Scroll down...

Gandalf

Fini.

Signor V.

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/17/07 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli

He met... Scroll down...

Sr. Vitelli, you're a wizard at figuring these things out!

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/18/07 12:00 AM

I would say a grand wizard.

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/18/07 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
I would say a grand wizard.

He's the Grand Poobah!

Posted By: whisper

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/21/07 03:33 AM

Lmao!!!!!

Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: I MET GANDOLFINI - 06/21/07 03:50 AM

He didn't for me. But I eat a lot of asparagus.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET