Home

Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS"

Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/14/07 10:43 PM

Ok, so I'm early, but I thought I'd start a thread for tomorrow's episode. \:D

It's titled "Stage 5". As usual not much info at all, but "life imitating art" makes me think it could be interesting. \:\)

TIS

Episode 2 - Season 7
Posted By: SC

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/14/07 10:51 PM

From what I can garner from coming attractions and "teasers" the episode will deal with Chris' new movie that is loosely based on Tony. Evidently it doesn't show the mob boss in a good light.

We're gonna have a BIGGGG storm here tomorrow (a good old-fashoned nor'easter) and I better not lose electricity... I'll go bonkers if I can't watch the show.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/14/07 11:00 PM

I knew Christopher was trying to sell his script, and that's where he is right now, but did last season actually end where someone bought it, because by the storyline for tomorrow I just assume it.

SC, I hope you don't get a storm there, but if you do, the best I can do is tell you to give me a call and I'll crank the tv up so you can hear.

Btw, doesn't winter ever end over there???? \:o

TIS
Posted By: Sopranorleone

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/15/07 12:28 AM

Any thoughts on what actor might play the role Chris based upon Tony???

My guess is De Niro.

And I'm telling ya, Johnny Sack and Finn get whacked in this episode (just a hunch, but really a guess, so there's no spoiler).

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/15/07 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Sopranorleone

My guess is De Niro.

And I'm telling ya, Johnny Sack and Finn get whacked in this episode (just a hunch, but really a guess, so there's no spoiler).

Johnny Sack wouldn't surprise me, but why do you think Finn will get whacked? He knew about Vito, but he's out of the picture. Yet, nothing should surprise us I guess.

TIS
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/15/07 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Sopranorleone

My guess is De Niro.

Try Daniel Baldwin.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/15/07 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I knew Christopher was trying to sell his script, and that's where he is right now, but did last season actually end where someone bought it, because by the storyline for tomorrow I just assume it.

I thought it was you (in another thread) that pointed out that Carmela said something to Chris about how he could do something like that (it was in one of the coming attractions). It LOOKED lkike she was dressing him down for being "mean" to Tony (the coming attraction showed Chris asking, "What'd I do"?)

IF this is a somewhat mild episode (and I believe it may be) you can bet that next week's will be EXPLOSIVE!

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/15/07 01:30 AM

SC,

I do remember the previews you refer to, but don't remember posting regarding Christopher.

However, I posted a review of the new season, where, if correct, the author of the article says that it's episode two of the new season where someone will die without getting whacked, and someone else will get whacked in a way you won't believe."

Damn, I better find it. :oIt's here somewhere. Let me check

TIS
Posted By: olivant

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/15/07 02:17 AM

Chris' movie is produced, yes, and gets Tony to thinking(?) about Chris.

Johnny Sack gets more bad news

Phil reflects on his family's(?) history.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/15/07 02:43 AM

Warning, Spoiler:
Supposedly from a spoiler I read (which also accurately stated Episode One's happenings,) that Johnny Sack is dying of the big C.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/15/07 03:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Andrew
Warning, Spoiler:
Supposedly from a spoiler I read (which also accurately stated Episode One's happenings,) that Johnny Sack is dying of the big C.

That's probably the bad news he gets.

What if in the last minute of the last episode Tony has a fatal heart attack?

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/15/07 01:14 PM

I just think Finn gets killed becuase I think, in the end, Meadow will end up with someone else. Also, Finn is too nervous all the time and I just have always had that inkling.

But like someone said, we are almost always wrong. \:\)
Posted By: BDuff

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/15/07 07:05 PM

With Vito dead, Finn's character becomes almost irrelevent to the show. I doubt we see him at all this year.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/15/07 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: BDuff
With Vito dead, Finn's character becomes almost irrelevent to the show.

Which is why its perfect to kill him off, possibly with Meadow blaming Tony for it. Another alienation from his family, as many have suggested the show ends.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/15/07 07:28 PM

I don't see that happening to Finn. By the way, he's out in California, isn't he? There are much bigger fish to fry. Besides, there is no requirement that someone get killed. Again, maybe misdirection.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/15/07 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: SC

IF this is a somewhat mild episode (and I believe it may be) you can bet that next week's will be EXPLOSIVE!

If the preview I read in Newsday last week is correct, then this week's episode will not be mild. ;\)

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 12:46 AM

Fourteen minutes and counting...should be a fun episode.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 12:50 AM

I am sooooo waiting. \:D

I have a feeling that this is gonna be a really good episode. I hope so anyway. \:\/

SC, Geoff and all you Easterners, you didn't lose power did you?

TIS
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 12:56 AM

Power on here, TIS. I almost forgot it was on tonight, I'm so used to NOT having the Sopranos to watch that I didn't remember that it was on until I logged onto the boards.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 02:01 AM

Good episode. Is it weird to feel sad for Johnny at the end? Phil is such a s*it, though. He never learns.

Great scene between Melfi and Tony. Just beautifully acted.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 02:08 AM

Good episode, GREAT ending.

I thought, for a second, that my power was going out when watching the scene with Silvio and Gerry Torciano.... all of a sudden everything went silent and slow-mo...

Johnny Sac went awfully fast... that was tough to watch.
Posted By: reynols

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 02:16 AM

Good episode, GREAT ending.

I thought, for a second, that my power was going out when watching the scene with Silvio and Gerry Torciano.... all of a sudden everything went silent and slow-mo...

Johnny Sac went awfully fast... that was tough to watch.

absolutey SC ending was GREAT & with the melfi scene, and johnny going. although somewhat mild episode, very well acted and another great set up for upcoming episodes.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 02:23 AM

Good episode. I didn't expect Johnny to go so quickly. I see tension building on Tony's part with Christopher.

Did Christopher have a evil smirk on his face toward the end when Tony hugged him?

What about the FBI asking Tony about "Middle Eastern" guys? Maybe you're right SC, and something will develop there. The FBI seemed to caution Tony (mentioning how his daughter drives through the tunnel every day)I know it's the last season and there seems to be a lot of storylines we know they won't go to, but strange to add that scene for no purpose no?

TIS

Humorous scene When Phil said how Ellis Island screwed up his name..naming him after a ballerina costume.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Good episode. Is it weird to feel sad for Johnny at the end? Phil is such a s*it, though. He never learns.

I disagree about Phil. If anything, I think that he is learning. It seems that he's become somewhat regretful for the path that he chose in regards to doing his time like a man and for being an old school mafioso. It's obviously cost him. And he seems to be going through this ever since Tony went to see him in the hospital after his heart attack and told him to start thinking about family and his grandkids. He's reaching back to his roots. I guess that you can say that the episode was about old life and new life. I think that Johnny's death and Christophers's new baby were symbolic of the message that David Chase is trying to convey.

Christopher really does hate Tony. We saw signs of it over the years. Now it's finally coming to light.

But you gotta love that Carmela huh? She's like the mother cat. No matter what Tony has ever done to her or how she's felt about him at times, when push comes to shove she's very protective over him. And she surely showed that to Christopher.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 02:34 AM

This episode hit a bit close to home...

Things seem to be wrapping up nicely so far, tho. Just wish they'd bring that missing Russian back before it's all over. \:D

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 02:36 AM

Wow! My interpretation of Phil's actions were the exact opposite. I seem as terribly bitter, especially over his brother Billy. He's still so angry that he didn't get his revenge that he can't even say Tony's name.

I agree with you about Christopher, though. Man, his eyes when he hugs Tony after the baptism? Absolutely dead.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 02:39 AM

Good episode. Curatola and Sidney Pollack really stood out here. It was really tough to see Johnny Sack go, it really makes you think about things.

As for Christopher, he had such hate and resentment in his eyes at the end, wow.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 02:40 AM

Tony BLUNDETTO'S Name. Not Soprano. Yes he's bitter over losing his brother and not doing anything about it himself. But his bitterness and regrets resonate to me that he's getting old and realizes that he is mellowing out. It's almost as though he's bitter at himself because he HAS to face the fact that he is getting old and cannot do things the way that he once did, wanted to, or should have.

Did anyone catch how the pictures over Phil's bar were scanned by the camera? All are Morte now!
Posted By: Jonny Lips

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 02:47 AM

It's good to see that Shooter McGavin is now on the Sopranos!
Posted By: Don Foozbond

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 03:02 AM

How about behind the scenes of Cleaver lmao
Posted By: Don Aleksandr

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 03:03 AM

Hit us poor suckers with no more HBO with a FULL and DETAILED recap please.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 03:04 AM

I too see Phil embittered. I think some sort of revenge is tooling in his brain.

Ya'll know I think Ade is coming back. Ya'll say no. I'm willing to entertain that, but, if tonight's episode was any indication, I think her demise is on Christopher's mind every day and he can't get Tony's connection with it out of his mind either.

Yes Babe, he hugged Tony at the end, but his expression? Madonne!

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 03:16 AM

Yes, DC, I knew it was Tony B's name, since he said, "Tony Soprano's cousin, I can't even say his name." Phil was angry that he didn't get to kill him the way he wanted to, which is why I think he was even more brutal to Vito.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 03:45 AM

Another great episode. I was saddened to see Johnny Sack die off. Seeing the cancer take over his body was very difficult to watch, and it hits especially close to home for me, for personal reasons.

I'll be keeping a close eye on Phil Leotardo. I remember him telling Johnny that he had buried the beef with Tony Soprano out of respect for him. Now that Johnny is gone, things may change.

And the look in Christopher's eyes when Tony hugged him spoke volumes.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 03:53 AM

In the previews, anyone know what house it was that the FBI was digging up?

And what about Agent Harris at the end of Tony's driveway asking him about terrorists. What was that all about?

A few other things: what's going on between AJ and his girlfriend and what happened between Finn and Meadow.

Johnny Sack is in federal prison, right? What is Warren the doctor doing in federal prison for a muliple murder, a state offense? He did mention that one of his victims was a postal worker. That could get him sent to federal prison, but I think that's doubtful.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant

Johnny Sack is in federal prison, right? What is Warren the doctor doing in federal prison for a muliple murder, a state offense? He did mention that one of his victims was a postal worker. That could get him sent to federal prison, but I think that's doubtful.

He cheated on his taxes.

The murder of a letter carrier (in the course of his job) would be a federal offense.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 05:00 AM

That ending scene of the christening with so much more going on had a "Godfatherish" feel to it.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 11:23 AM

I wrote an email to Vincent Curatola (Johnny Sack) last night and commended him on his performance as Johnny Sack.

And he wrote me back! I've written emails to a few celebrities and never once gotten a response. I wrote this one less than 12 hours ago and he already wrote me back! Talk about a stand-up guy.
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 11:36 AM

Vincent Curatola was on Geraldo last night. It was ad to see Johnny go and in a painful way. It was also good to see paulie again. Looks like Phil Leotardo might be trouble. Meadow and Finn are history. A.J looks like a fool with that beard. It also looks like Uncle Junior is back next week.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 11:44 AM

Anyone else think that Blanca is pregnant? She was acting funny.

I loved the scene with Torciano getting whacked, at first I thought it was Silvio and I was like "NO!". It was done really well.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 11:47 AM

Originally Posted By: XDCX
I wrote an email to Vincent Curatola (Johnny Sack) last night and commended him on his performance as Johnny Sack.

And he wrote me back!

Cool!!

Johnny Sac was clearly a major character on the series and Curatola's portrayal of him added much to the show's feeling of authenticity.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 11:59 AM

So sad to see Sack go, if not only because his acting was superb. Blanca is pregant....Tony and Christopher...man that was like the hug of death, any connection to the Michael-Fredo hug near the end of Godfather II?

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 02:26 PM

It seemed almost perfect when Paulie's cell phone went off during "Cleaver". I think Phil will have "Doc" killed for having Gerry whacked, he views himself as being weak and wants to change his image. See Johnny Sac go was hard, he was a great character and I feel as though Chase wrote him out in order to develop a fued between Phil and Tony to start a NY/NJ Mafia war. Great episode overall, next week's episode looks great since it's Tony and Paulie in Florida!

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 02:52 PM

Maybe it's just me but there's a lot of GF II references this season...Tony sitting by the lake and Janice looking at him from a distance, Cleaver with Saw meets GFII, The hug thing, etc.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 06:27 PM

Great episode. Watching Johnny go was real tough. It just reminded me of visiting my mom at Calvary Hospital.

I see Phil's saying "no more" as though he's not taking anymore shit. From anyone. Much like Tony after he was shot, Phil tried to mellow a bit only to find out that in that world, the strong survive. I was touched by Little Carmine, retard that he is, admitting that he doesn't want the big chair for the sake of his wife. That could change in a heartbeat, but it was nice to see last night.

My only disappointment is that the spoiler threads on other sites have been 100% accurate so far, so I fear I already know much of what's to come. I'm sorry I peeked.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 08:30 PM

Paulie continues his "poor me" or "just me" attitude (phone call and 'I beat cancer' comment).

Pizza, you're right. Phil is definitely thinking of something major. Carmine is a gem. What was that malaproprism he said? I forget.

Why is AJ's girlfriend being such a B? So, AJ is living with her? A bad neighborhood, right. Uh, oh! What does that portend?

Carmela bringing up Ade - she's not going to let that go. Something's gonna come of that. What if Tony and Ade did make it? Because it wasn't shown doesn't mean it didn't take place.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

My only disappointment is that the spoiler threads on other sites have been 100% accurate so far, so I fear I already know much of what's to come. I'm sorry I peeked.

Tell me, tell me!

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Longneck
Anyone else think that Blanca is pregnant? She was acting funny.

I loved the scene with Torciano getting whacked, at first I thought it was Silvio and I was like "NO!". It was done really well.

IMHO Blanca is becoming annoyed with A.J.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/16/07 10:45 PM

I think that she's becoming annoyed with the Soprano family period. Anyone notice the looks that she was giving Tony?

I thought that she may be pregnant when she said that she had to go to the bathroom.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/17/07 12:23 AM

And what about Agent Harris at the end of Tony's driveway asking him about terrorists. What was that all about?

Well, remember Adriana's friends, Matoosh (spelling ?) and the other guy ? It's possible that Tony could feed Agent Harris stuff about them, in a Whitey Bulger or Greg Scarpa kind of way. Then the show could very well go out with a whimper, in a life goes on kind of way. I'm sure the feds wouldn't be beyond getting in bed with a mafioso sociopath like Tony in exchange for the supposed "greater good" of the country.

Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/17/07 12:27 AM

I've heard rumors that alternate endings might have been filmed.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/17/07 12:30 AM

I'm sure there have been. The alleged ice cream parlor scene could all be a diversion on Chase's part. I read today that he's LIVID about all of the spoilers that have been leaked so far.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/17/07 04:16 AM

Noone's mentioned Sydney Pollack, Geraldo, and Baldwin. Good choices and good portrayals.
Posted By: GottiMafia

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/17/07 04:19 AM

man r.i.p johnny sack

his demise was similar to John Gotti for me, great character and so sad to see leave, i liked the episode lots of interesting things happened that you lot have mentioned

looking good for future episodes

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/17/07 04:28 AM

Three things:

The picture's director. After Christopher gives his little speech, the director is left standing there about to speak as the microphone is taken away and the picture begins.

Why would Christopher cite Tony and the rest of the investors in a public forum?

At the cast party, Little Carmine tells Meadow "The sacred and the propane." Absolutely hilarious.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/17/07 12:55 PM

A few random thoughts:

Tony seemed moved by Carmine, Jr's. desire to back out of the Mob stuff in order to lead a happier life. I'm beginning to think this is a direction that Tony will take (especially in light of how he sees Christopher now).

I got the impression that Tony didn't believe J.T.'s proclamation that he made up the boss/other guy's girlfriend story (Tony probably figured that Chris beat up J.T. causing that bump on his head). Yet, Tony STILL watched the movie (with Broderick Crawford) anyway.

The last few minutes of the episode (with Phil Leotardo proclaiming that things would change and the christening scene) were as good as any that this series has shown.

The last few scenes with Johnny Sac were particularly hard to watch. The actress that played his daughter (the one that got married last season) did a wonderful job!

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/17/07 01:08 PM

Valerie Bertinelli and Kirstie Alley have nothing on Ginny and Allegra Sacrimoni.

They looked absolutely emaciated.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/17/07 02:03 PM

Noone's mentioned Sydney Pollack, Geraldo, and Baldwin. Good choices and good portrayals.

I thought Sydney Pollack practically stole the episode. He's got great comic timing, although it was hardly a comedic role. Awhile back he was on Will And Grace as one of the parents and he was great. Not a bad director either.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/17/07 03:51 PM

Nobody's mentioned Jerry Capeci, the real-life Mob expert that we've discussed here on the boards!
Posted By: Anthony Spilotro

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/17/07 10:06 PM

Great episode. Probably one of the best acted episodes out of all of them. Stellar performances all around. Vince Curatola has really proven himself to be an amazing actor. Looks like Phil is going to start doing things his own way, that could be interesting. And also the whole middle eastern subplot looks like its gonna become a major storyline, maybe even leading to the family's demise. Amazing show, and it's only gonna get better
Posted By: Rocco_Spaccamuro

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/18/07 01:16 AM

i agree with you there mr. spilotro, great episode. great last scene with tony hugging the shit out of christopher with chrissie giving nothing back. ultimately i think chris is gonna be the death of tony.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/18/07 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Rocco_Spaccamuro
i agree with you there mr. spilotro, great episode. great last scene with tony hugging the shit out of christopher with chrissie giving nothing back. ultimately i think chris is gonna be the death of tony.

Exactly. I think Chris has been supressing his emotions over Ade. He's going to erupt.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/18/07 03:58 AM

Chris might actually be able to split from being in the mafia. I could see Tony letting him go after the talks of family and with Carmine about not being boss. I don't see Chris killing Tony. I do think he blames Tony for Ade, but I can't see him killing Tony. Flip, maybe.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/18/07 04:39 AM

Well, if Chris were to erupt we have to keep in mind that it was actually Sil who killed her. So, he may go after he and Tony. Maybe that's it. He kills Sil then Tony has to decide what to do about Chris. Then again Chris is related to Carmel so if Tony did anything to Chris he would have to face Carmela if she found out. Madonne, the possibilities are endless.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/18/07 04:41 AM

By the way, in the restaurant just before the guy got hit, the scene seems to go to slow motion and Sil looks down at his hands. Did you catch that? What was that all about?

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/18/07 05:41 AM

I think it was the blood splattering on him. Was he in on it? I thought he was at first but then later when he's talking about it I'm not sure.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/18/07 08:08 AM

By the way, in the restaurant just before the guy got hit, the scene seems to go to slow motion and Sil looks down at his hands. Did you catch that? What was that all about?

I found it reminiscent of Mike killing Sollozzo and McCluskey.

Silvio was definitely caught unaware of the shooting. It was a clever way to show how he wasn't expecting anything to happen, and I think he was looking to see what the blood was.

Actor John Bianco's (Gerry Torciano) flopping around as he was shot was a little over the top but I thought it was was one of the better "hits" of the series.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/18/07 08:22 AM

The more I read our "predictions" the more I'm starting to believe that a lot of us are way off base... Chase is not one to tie things up simply to end a storyline. I think a LOT of things will be unresolved when the final show ends. With that in mind I'll add what may happen (as I see it):

There are a lot of "Godfather" references of late... wouldn't it be a trip if it ends with Carmela asking Tony about his "business" and Tony lies right to her face (possibly denying any hand in Ade's killing)... just like Michael Corleone lied to Kay at the end of Part I.
Posted By: Raymondo Corleone

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/18/07 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Longneck
I think it was the blood splattering on him. Was he in on it? I thought he was at first but then later when he's talking about it I'm not sure.

I think it's to give an impression of what it must have actually been like for Sil at the time. He didn't know what was happening, for a split second he went deaf and time seemed to slow down. He wondered what the blood was all about for a fraction of a second before he realised what was happening.

I thought it was a very good scene and a pretty unique way of showing a hit.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/18/07 11:37 AM

I thought that Sil was having a stroke or heart attack at first.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/18/07 12:55 PM

I agree, what a great way to show the hit, had me thinking Silvio was getting hit at first.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/18/07 03:41 PM

I watched it again and apparently we don't really get to hear the first shot which sprays blood on Sil. That appears to be what he is looking at.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/18/07 04:02 PM

For a split second, when I saw the blood slowly begin to splatter on Silvio, I thought that Tony was having another one of his dreams.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/19/07 12:56 AM

I thought it was Silvio getting shot. That scene was totally unexpected wasn't it?

\:\)

TIS

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/19/07 02:03 AM

Yes, it was. And a little confusing.

By the way, I'm watching reruns and it's about Patsy almost shooting Tony. Do you think ... ?
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/19/07 11:26 AM

His pissing in the pool makes me laugh. His face when Tony suggests he and his kid come over and swim in the pool was priceless.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/19/07 05:34 PM

Who do you think will win NY's boss war and how will it affect NJ?
Posted By: Rocco_Spaccamuro

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/19/07 09:51 PM

the way phil was acting last episode makes me think that hes gonna step up, with a vengence too. making it hard in new jersey, and hard on tony. or maybe not lol

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/19/07 11:47 PM

For some reason, I just do not trust little Carmine in all this.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/20/07 02:46 AM

He seems just too out of it to manage any ascendancy. And why in the world would Tony tell him to go for it?

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/20/07 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Rocco_Spaccamuro
the way phil was acting last episode makes me think that hes gonna step up, with a vengence too. making it hard in new jersey, and hard on tony. or maybe not lol

I think you're right pizzaboy! I think he was truley hurt with Gerry (his protege) getting killed by Doc. By not reacting, he might look weak, which he views himself as. Doc is a dead man walking, no way he comes out of this alive.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/20/07 02:23 PM

I'm home from work and flick on the soap opera Guiding Light, and lo and behold, who is back playing the gangster Salerno. None other then Mr. Zucchini himself, aka Gigi Cestone, John Fiori. It must be pretty bad to have to go back to being a soap opera star..haha.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/20/07 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Beth E
I'm home from work and flick on the soap opera Guiding Light, and lo and behold, who is back playing the gangster Salerno. None other then Mr. Zucchini himself, aka Gigi Cestone, John Fiori. It must be pretty bad to have to go back to being a soap opera star..haha.

Dead on the crapper!!

I imagine Gigi went out happy.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/20/07 10:47 PM

I read somewhere that he was doing some soap episodes. I understand that he is also in the middle of making another movie. Maybe he'll send you tickets to the premiere! Maybe you should e-mail him? \:p

Seriously though, he's a piece of shit.
Posted By: Jonny Lips

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 03:19 AM

When the Feds came up to Tony's driveway, the guy asked Tony if Meadow uses the tunnels to go to New York for school. Why did he ask Tony this?

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Jonny Lips
When the Feds came up to Tony's driveway, the guy asked Tony if Meadow uses the tunnels to go to New York for school. Why did he ask Tony this?

The fed wanted Tony to realize that she'd be a possible target of the terrorists (because she used the tunnels to commute). The tunnels and bridges are considered prime targets of the terrorists.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Jonny Lips

The fed wanted Tony to realize that she'd be a possible target of the terrorists (because she used the tunnels to commute). The tunnels and bridges are considered prime targets of the terrorists.

That seemed a superficial way to approach a mob boss. It wold have made more sense for them toapproach him in a more sequestered environment and to explore ways that the mob could help identify terrorists. That, of course, wold have required a tit for tat.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 04:05 AM

Dead on the crapper!!

My prized autographed picture:

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 04:10 AM

That seemed a superficial way to approach a mob boss. It wold have made more sense for them toapproach him in a more sequestered environment and to explore ways that the mob could help identify terrorists. That, of course, wold have required a tit for tat.

You're right. I suppose they (the feds) approached Tony in that manner (in front of his home) as an added way of harrassment (showing Tony that they COULD do it) as much as trying to get their point across.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Seriously though, he's a piece of shit.

How fitting, since his character died from a piece of shit.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 03:17 PM

Dead on the crapper!!

My prized autographed picture:

Vito's first guy on guy hum job.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 05:19 PM

The more I read our "predictions" the more I'm starting to believe that a lot of us are way off base... Chase is not one to tie things up simply to end a storyline. I think a LOT of things will be unresolved when the final show ends. With that in mind I'll add what may happen (as I see it):

There are a lot of "Godfather" references of late... wouldn't it be a trip if it ends with Carmela asking Tony about his "business" and Tony lies right to her face (possibly denying any hand in Ade's killing)... just like Michael Corleone lied to Kay at the end of Part I.

I believe one of the preview scenes shows her asking Tony if this is life they are to continue leading at their ages. Hmmm

Also, when the guy is hit in the restaurant and Sil looks at the blood on his hands, could that be a nod to his having murdered(?)Ade?

I still think she's alive and that the Ade thing is going to play a major, major role in the finale.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 07:23 PM

Olivant -

What makes you think that she is still alive? What could have went wrong with a hit that took place out in the middle of nowhere? It was not like she was sitting in a restaurant or walking on the street where the gunman walks in or drives by, takes his shots and then has to flee. Silvio took her out to the middle of nowhere and didn't have to "rush" the hit on her. He could have pumped every bullet into her and taken the time to make sure that one of his shots was the fatal shot. I am interested to know what make you believe that she is still alive.

However I happen to agree with you that the whole Aidrianna thing will somehow play a major role in these last episodes.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 07:30 PM

I agree 100% with DC.

Don't get me wrong Olivant, it's a wonderful twist that you have in mind, I'd love it. But the parting shot was CLEARLY of Ade crawling and begging, with Sil's gun aimed at her. There's NO WAY that she could have survived in the middle of nowhere like that with even minor bullet wounds, let alone the probable three to the back of her head that Sil surely would have pumped into her.

I know you miss her but you gotta move on pal, she's dead.

DEAD, DEAD, DEAD...

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 07:32 PM

Ok, this is on the HBO website. As you see tomorrow's title is "Remember When". Am I not recognizing a current cast member, or is this suppose to be Tony & Junior in younger days? Although Junior would be much older than Tony. I don't know, but that's what the picture reminds me of. Anyone know? It's gotta be the old days if bacon is 39 cents a pound.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 07:34 PM

That's Johnny and Junior Soprano, played by the same actors that always play them in the flashbacks.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 07:39 PM

Oh yea, I remember. I just knew that was Junior, but forgot about Johnny. Thanks PB. \:\)

TIS

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 08:53 PM

I agree 100% with DC.

Don't get me wrong Olivant, it's a wonderful twist that you have in mind, I'd love it. But the parting shot was CLEARLY of Ade crawling and begging, with Sil's gun aimed at her. There's NO WAY that she could have survived in the middle of nowhere like that with even minor bullet wounds, let alone the probable three to the back of her head that Sil surely would have pumped into her.

I know you miss her but you gotta move on pal, she's dead.

DEAD, DEAD, DEAD...

I never had this experience in the military, but I heard guys talk about not only fellow soldiers who were shot up real bad, but VC too and they survived. Again, we don't see where Silvio shot her. Even if he shot her in the head, that is not necessarily a death sentence. Based on that one scene, she is not, conclusively, dead.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 09:01 PM

Olivant -

What makes you think that she is still alive? What could have went wrong with a hit that took place out in the middle of nowhere? It was not like she was sitting in a restaurant or walking on the street where the gunman walks in or drives by, takes his shots and then has to flee. Silvio took her out to the middle of nowhere and didn't have to "rush" the hit on her. He could have pumped every bullet into her and taken the time to make sure that one of his shots was the fatal shot. I am interested to know what make you believe that she is still alive.

However I happen to agree with you that the whole Aidrianna thing will somehow play a major role in these last episodes.

Yes, me and Ade, we had something...something special. I knew she was looking at me. My lip prints are still all over the TV screen. And, yes, my wife found my Ade doll. Well, that's another story. But, I've stopped listening to Van Halen CDs.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 09:01 PM

Actually, we never saw Sil shoot her at all. We saw her crawling and begging and we saw Sil shoot his gun, but we never actually Saw Ade shot. I think that Chase did it that way so that he could bring her back in the future, if he so desired. Not sure if he will, I just have always thought that it was left in the air on purpose.

I doubt that Sil would've have shot her and left her for dead without checking first. If anything, I can imagine that Sil couldn't bring himself to do it at all, and worked out a way for her to escape. That seems more likely than her surviving the shooting.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 09:10 PM

Olivant -

Yes, me and Ade, we had something...something special. I knew she was looking at me. My lip prints are still all over the TV screen. And, yes, my wife found my Ade doll. Well, that's another story. But, I've stopped listening to Van Halen CDs.

You know something Olivant? I was sincere in my question to you. Thinking perhaps that you may have been able to make me see something that I originally overlooked. But it's obvious that you did not take my question seriously. \:\/

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 09:17 PM

That's true SB. We never DID actually see Ade get shot. We know Sil shot her, and up close at that. He didn't "appear" to hesitate or have remorse. So if Chase writes it in the script that he somehow shot in the air and then made arrangements for Ade to leave (which is only a little more believeable than Adriana surviving the gunshots), I don't know how he'd pull it off. It still seems like a stretch. \:\/

We will have to wait and see. Maybe all of us naysayers will be proven wrong.

TIS
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 09:55 PM

Olivant -

Did someone forgot their medication today?

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 10:09 PM

Rocco Sisto plays young Junior in the flashbacks. Ade is dead as a doornail.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/21/07 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone
Olivant -

Did someone forgot their medication today?

They'll never take me alive!

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 04/22/07 12:44 AM

ADE IS DEAD!!!

Sil would have NO incentive to keep Ade alive. It'd be his ass, along with the others if she cooperated.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 06/18/07 12:47 PM

Good episode in pokes and stabs, but their scripting pattern is all-too-predictable. As soon as I saw Johnny Sack had cancer, I knew he wasn't going to live beyond the end of the episode.

I felt cheated too, in ways I didn't think this show was capable of, by the flashback which opens the episode. "2004", and we're back to the season 5 finale. And it's suddenly revealed that someone saw Tony drop his gun. I have absolutely no problem with this as long as it was left over from that scene in the first place (ie. it was planned all along, as a loose-end which comes to stab Tony in the back). But nooooooooo, what I suspect happened was Chase and co. are thinking up ways to get Tony back under the Feds' scrutiny, so hey, why not go back to that scene and add something. Borrowing from their own material instead of fresh creative heads. Very cheap. I see that season 5 finale as a narrative device to get Johnny Sack behind bars, not Tony. And now its original intentions have been marred and changed, and I'm supposed to go along with it. It's the kind of thing George Lucas would do.

Any thoughts?

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 06/18/07 01:14 PM

Good catch, Mick. I'm glad you're finally viewing the final season.

I do agree that it was a bit cheap. That final scene from season 5 should be remembered for Johnny's last moments on the street and now it's not. The writers could just have easily come up with a scenario using a scene from last season.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 07/01/07 02:20 AM

At end of episode when Phil is sitting at the bar talking to Butchie, what is the song playing?

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 07/01/07 01:34 PM

Evidently Chickentown by John Cooper Clarke

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 07/10/07 11:20 PM

The Sopranos used to come on at 9:00PM Wednesdays on A&E. Starting tomorrow they'll come on at 10:00PM. Sons of bitches. Someone should be bitch slapped for this.

Re: Season 6B Episode 2 "POSSIBLE SPOILERS" - 07/11/07 12:10 AM

The Sopranos used to come on at 9:00PM Wednesdays on A&E. Starting tomorrow they'll come on at 10:00PM. Sons of bitches. Someone should be bitch slapped for this.

I dont like this either. Is it because they are going to ease up on the censorship or what? Seems like the trend, new and improved = really a downgrade.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET