Home

Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos

Posted By: pizzaboy

Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 03/30/07 02:51 AM

Check out what Jerry Capeci has to say about the final season of our favorite show.

Click here: Jerry Capeci's Sopranos Review And Speculation
Posted By: Antihero

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 03/30/07 07:00 AM

Thanx for the link, Pizzadude!
Very interesting stuff, but mostly theories (sorry spelling)

I hope mostly for the Joseph " Joe Bonanno" Theory.
I really dont wanna see Tony get gunned down, or rotten up in jail..
Posted By: SC

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 03/30/07 08:07 AM

No doubt that Capeci knows his stuff about the Mob but he (IMO) knows squat about "The Sopranos".

Still, an interesting article, though.

Thanks for the link.

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 03/30/07 08:12 AM

now that i come to think about it. Who is this Jerry Capeci anyways? a mob expert?

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 03/30/07 08:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Antihero
now that i come to think about it. Who is this Jerry Capeci anyways? a mob expert?

Yeah, he's an author/columnist famous for his Mob stories and knowledge.

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 03/30/07 08:26 AM

Thank you, SC

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 03/30/07 08:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Antihero
Thank you, SC

You're welcome.

Check out the link (below) to his "column". Its an awesome way to spend a few hours:

JERRY CAPECI'S "GANGLAND"

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 03/30/07 09:16 AM

Once again thanks! It looks interessting. I especially enjoyed the "The Women's Page" Section. Finally a place with some goodies about womens in the mob.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 03/30/07 12:55 PM

I don't believe that anything drastic is going to happen to Tony. Chase will leave the door open for a movie somethwere down the road.

And something tells me that Mr. Chase will leave us with an ending where we have to draw our own conclusions.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 03/30/07 01:07 PM

I tend to agree with you DC. I would be disappointed if Tony dies at the end (he's actually my favorite character.) Although a "just desserts" type ending probably would be appropriate. \:\/

Knowing this series, it'll probably end with none of the above and will be something we never even thought of.

TIS

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 03/30/07 01:12 PM

They could make Tony go to jail. This way if they ever wanted to do a return movie or something, he could get out on parole, a technicality, etc.

I still believe that somehow Uncle Junior is going to get everything back in the end.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 03/30/07 01:21 PM

Cardi, do you think that Chase would ever have a GF type ending, with Tony losing everything, all alone, in bad health??? Whether it be sitting outside alone in a chair, or sitting alone in a jail cell? \:\/ If that is the ending, I think Chase needs to be careful that it isn't "too" much like the GF ending no???

I am, of course assuming, that Tony will NOT end up living a happy ending. Maybe the surprise would be if he did.

TIS

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 03/30/07 01:46 PM

I don't believe that Chase would do something like a traditional GF ending. He tends to go for these unexpected plots and storylines and I think that is what we are going to see from him at the end of this season.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 03/30/07 02:07 PM

Who's the guy who gives an interview on TV in the opening, pre-credits scene of season one episode two? Is that Jerry Capeci by any chance?

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 03/30/07 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Cardi, do you think that Chase would ever have a GF type ending, with Tony losing everything, all alone, in bad health??? Whether it be sitting outside alone in a chair, or sitting alone in a jail cell? \:\/ If that is the ending, I think Chase needs to be careful that it isn't "too" much like the GF ending no???

I am, of course assuming, that Tony will NOT end up living a happy ending. Maybe the surprise would be if he did.

TIS

He could end it with Tony getting indicted and not knowing who the rat is, then flash forward to Tony in his jail cell, some years later. This way if he wanted to come back to the characters sometime in the future, there would be a timeline that needed to be filled in.

I still don't think that Chase will kill Tony off, although I truly believe that he is going to punish him in some way.

I read an article a couple of years ago where he said he didn't want to be accused of glorifying mob life, as some asshole critics accused FFC after Part 1. He went on to mention that the ending of the Sopranos would more likely mirror the ending of GOODFELLAS, not necessarily with Tony agreeing to cooperate, but with his whole world crumbling all around him.

One way or the other, Tony is in for some shit.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 03/30/07 03:31 PM

The more rumours I hear, the more I thnk about the show, I don't think any ending other than a real "normal", "anti-climax" will be satisfactory.

Or if somebody big dies, it shouldn't be Tony.

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 03/30/07 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
The more rumours I hear, the more I thnk about the show, I don't think any ending other than a real "normal", "anti-climax" will be satisfactory.

Or if somebody big dies, it shouldn't be Tony.

Yeah, I agree Capo. Series finales almost never go out with a "normal" or "anti-climactic" ending. The producers usually feel the need for something out of the ordinary, like characters moving away or the like.

The one exception to the rule, that I recall, is the EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND finale. It ended with the whole family having breakfast around Ray's kitchen table. It was very run of the mill, which is why it's one of my favorite finales ever. It implied that life was going to go on for Ray and his family much like our own boring lives go on.

It's a totally different kind of show, being a sitcom compared to a crime drama, but I'm kind of hoping for an anti-climactic ending myself. As long as it's entertaining.
Posted By: ScarFather

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 04/25/07 05:39 PM

It could end with this ENTIRE lifestyle choice was never chosen. He is a regular guy that wakes from a dream. He is really the businessman from last year's episode/dream and married to Buco's wife.
Posted By: reynols

Re: Jerry Capeci On The Sopranos - 04/25/07 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: The_ScarFather
It could end with this ENTIRE lifestyle choice was never chosen. He is a regular guy that wakes from a dream. He is really the businessman from last year's episode/dream and married to Buco's wife.

if this whole show was just a dream of tony was having that would kill the show for me
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET