Home

Series 6 - in the UK? (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Posted By: Debz

Series 6 - in the UK? (CONTAINS SPOILERS) - 07/20/06 02:05 PM

When will it start anyone from the UK know?? I'm sure channel 4 was getting it i've been waitin on it for sooo long!!!

Edited to add "Spoiler Warning" in thread's title - SC
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Series 6 - in the UK? (CONTAINS SPOILERS) - 07/20/06 07:17 PM

According to Channel 4's site, some time in Autumn.
Posted By: Paul Krendler

Re: Series 6 - in the UK? (CONTAINS SPOILERS) - 07/21/06 12:52 PM

I was told the same thing when I emailed Channel 4 just before the series started airing in the US. Thankfully, I've managed to watch all the eps in Season 6 to date, and can't wait for the bonus episodes next year.

When they are shown over here, they'll probably be on More4 first as they have been rerunning The Sopranos recently.

Re: Series 6 - in the UK? (CONTAINS SPOILERS) - 07/24/06 07:37 PM

....I'll get me coat.

Re: Series 6 - in the UK? (CONTAINS SPOILERS) - 07/24/06 10:23 PM

I too watched them all already. Did you like the season Paul (spoilers free for other English folk, please)? I did. I think it's been very misunderstood, judging by American reactions.

My thoughts can be found here . (Spoilers, everyone!)
Posted By: GottiMafia

Re: Series 6 - in the UK? (CONTAINS SPOILERS) - 07/25/06 01:27 AM

i thought vito stayed around to long

but was a good series not wicked but good

cant wait for the bonus eps too

Re: Series 6 - in the UK? (CONTAINS SPOILERS) - 07/25/06 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:

I too watched them all already. Did you like the season Paul (spoilers free for other English folk, please)? I did. I think it's been very misunderstood, judging by American reactions.
I thought it was...different than the other seasons. I loved the first three episodes, the whole Kevin Finnerty thing. Probably given the philosophers among us more to speculate on. I did think a little too much of the sixth season was spent on Vito and his shenanigans up north with Johnny Cakes, but as far as characterisation and acting was concerned, Mr Gannascoli did a fine job. I dunno though, I was expecting Vito to have a few more smarts than to be caught in a gay club wearing a Village People hat and dancing with a hunky guy.

In all, I thought it was quite solid in places and shaky in others, certainly nowhere near the standard of seasons 3 and 5. That said, I've only watched the whole season once. I will probably enjoy it more the second time around, and even more the third time around as I have the previous seasons.

Whether Mr Chase and co will save the best for last with the bonus eps time will tell. I hope so. Some people here spoke of 'WTF!' moments in past series, and I definitely understand what they're talking about. There weren't many to be had in season 6 so far, let's hope next March (for the US viewers) they'll produce plenty of them

Your views on the season are pretty interesting too, Capo. How many times have you watched the season so far?

Re: Series 6 - in the UK? (CONTAINS SPOILERS) - 07/25/06 06:58 PM

I've only watched it once. I probably won't watch it again until it comes out over here, or on DVD, as I try to avoid watching stuff on the PC if possible.

Re: Series 6 - in the UK? (CONTAINS SPOILERS) - 07/25/06 07:00 PM

Spoilers warnings for those who haven't seen the season might be of help, guys.

SC, JG, add a spoilers warning to this subject, please, for the benefit of UK folks.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET