Home

scapulars

Posted By: don capili

scapulars - 04/23/06 09:00 PM

might be a stupid question but those gold chains and scauplar pendants that like every character in the sopranos have... gold or yellow gold? just wonder.. i am looking into buying one
Posted By: JRCX

Re: scapulars - 04/24/06 03:05 AM

Not sure if there is a difference between gold or yellow gold, i think what you might be referring to is "18k" gold (which is yellower because there is more gold in it as opposed to 14k gold you find here in the USA) almost all gold (as far as i know) is usually 18k. Hope this helps.
Posted By: don capili

Re: scapulars - 04/29/06 12:32 AM

ohh i never knew that. haha thanks for the feedback
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: scapulars - 04/29/06 12:41 PM

I remember the cotton "Scapula" we got for confirmation. They were made of cloth, your wore around your neck and had a Saint's picture (I think) encased in a small plastice frame. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I still have mine.

JRXC, isn't your avator "The Heart Of Sicily?" A while back I was doing ancestory research and found it on an Italian site.

TIS
Posted By: JRCX

Re: scapulars - 05/02/06 04:29 AM

Stallionette: I actually do remember those cloth things, was it first communion or confirmation? I have them somewhere, you had to make your own for communion, then for confirmation, you got the saints... good call, almost forgot about that... I know I have them, plus the rosary, etc somewhere, i just moved so its proabably still packed but i keep all that stuff.

As for the symbol, yes you are correct, its the TRINACRIA (keyword TRI), the 3 legs by the greeks were a sign of beauty, and they represent the 3 coastlines of sicily... the female's head, was a pagan symbol to scare off roman warriors who invaded and tried to pillage sicilian temples... again, good call, learn more at my website at http://www.sicilianculture.com -- needs updating, but tons of info there if you are into the more prominant side of the culture like food, folklore, wine, history, people etc etc etc... i "sold off" the mafia territory to moderator geoff, so you will only find cultural stuff on there... (:
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET