Home

Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS***

Posted By: Just Lou

Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/11/06 02:05 AM

2 days to go. Here's a little teaser about the season premiere:

Tony ponders an associate's retirement request; Junior takes Tony on a backyard treasure hunt; Hesh seeks restitution for a wrong perpetrated against his son-in-law.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/11/06 02:22 AM

Hi JL,

Who do you think wants to retire??? I know there's another thread about season six. I haven't read all of it lately, but I read a few days ago that someone was definitely gonna get killed (I assume not a minor character). Have you heard anything?

I should have watched the repeat of the season, because it's been so damn long I'm afraid I forgot a lot. :p They usually have flashbacks before the new episode of the season starts don't they?

At any rate, I am so looking forward to Sunday.

TIS

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/11/06 02:38 AM

I haven't heard anything. With the title "Members Only" and someone looking to retire, makes me believe someone is looking to get "out". We all know the only way "out" is in a box.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/11/06 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I read a few days ago that someone was definitely gonna get killed (I assume not a minor character). Have you heard anything?
Didn't one of the pictures we've seen show Bobby Bacala getting whacked?

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/11/06 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b] I read a few days ago that someone was definitely gonna get killed (I assume not a minor character). Have you heard anything?
Didn't one of the pictures we've seen show Bobby Bacala getting whacked? [/b][/quote]I don't think so, but I'm pretty sure he gets into a feud with Vito sometime later in the season.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/11/06 02:28 PM

They just had a short segment on CNN this morning regarding Season six. According to the reporter, "something big is gonna happen, and it'll be in the last 3 minutes of the show. They interviewed breifly many of the co-stars, and they all said they can not tell. Tony Sirico (Paulie) said "there'll be a lot of surprises...underline surprises". I love the build-up. Looking forward to it.

Don't leave the couch the last three minutes of the show.

TIS

Just a reminder for whomever starts a thread on the first episode....remember to put spoiler in the topic. I don't know about everyone else, but I hate to know what's gonna happen. Ok, I'm curious, but still like to be surprise. :p

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/11/06 10:33 PM

Btw, is there any kind of "pre-show" before the season six premiere?

TIS
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/11/06 11:21 PM

I doubt it considering the short making-of documentary we got on the 1st. They'll probably just go right into it after a short season 5 recap.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 12:10 AM

I missed the "making of". Was it good? I can't believe it's been almost two years. If I didn't like this show so much, I'd say screw them.....unfortunately (or not :p ), I'm really getting jazzed to see it.

TIS
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 02:02 AM

Hey TIS my TV guide said the making of.. is coming on again tonight at 9:45 btw they'd been showing the show since late last month but just to help you out (Season Five Spoilers)

Aid and Tony B get whacked Johnny Sax gets busted Vito is gay Finn and Meadow get engaged Tony and Carm get back togther at the end of the season Tony and Valentina brake up shortly after she was burned badly in her place while making Tony a snack Phil Leotardo's brother or son I'm not sure which got whacked by Tony B sealing Tony's death.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 02:08 AM

Thanks Toni!! That'll be perfect, as it's a nice rainy day and the movie I'm watching gets done at 6:45 (9:45 East Coast - I assume that's the time zone). I'll check it out.

Be sure to join the discussion tomorrow after the first episode. Things get hopping in here.

TIS

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 02:11 AM

I can't wait I'll be on here right after the show goes off this last season better not be a let down lol.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 02:42 AM

First episode got a 4 out of 4 star review in USA Today.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 02:07 PM

Heard another report this morning, giving a big thumbs up to the first episode. Reporter said there was a cliffhanger in the first episode and that everyone would be talking about it tomorrow. They did mention someone retiring (as we knew). Could it possibly be Silvio?

TIS

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 02:45 PM

Hey TIS

I think It'll either be Patsy Parisi or Silvio I don't think it'll be Paulie another thing I wanted to know if maybe you knew something but on HBO.com on Tony's realtionships thingy it says Paulie as underboss know anything about that maybe its something that'll happen this season?

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 04:19 PM

Hi Toni,

Well what's Paulie's position now? I thought he was an underboss, although maybe I'm mistaken. ).He is funny though.

I remember in one episode he was in Starbucks (I forgot which character he was with) and made a comment to the effect of "we invented this stuff and they're making the money." (something like that).

TIS
Posted By: Jonny Lips

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 05:15 PM

I bet Benny wants out of the business because of the beating he got from Phil last season.
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 05:30 PM

Im guessing that the retiree is either Curto or Parisi, and I dont think Tony would have a hard time deciding what to do with either one.

BTW, I am soooo damn excited

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 05:39 PM

If you got to IMDB ,
the preview for Episode 3 seems to eliminate some of the names mentioned here retiring. I won't post it here in case someone doesn't wan't to read it.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 06:25 PM

JL,

I'm such a stickler for not wanting to know what's gonna happen, that I won't open the link, even though it may not be a "major" spoiler. Yet, I am curious. :p

A note to West Coasters (or those not on EST)...keep in mind, depending on your cable service and how many HBO channels you get, at 6:00 PDT the board here will be discussing the show. If you don't want to know what happened, don't enter the thread til after it shows here (3 hours later). I'm fortunate, and I get the East Coast showing, along with the West 3 hours later. Although, that may change in my area. I got a notice that Adelphia was going to discontinue some of the "repeat" HBO stations. Hope not.

TIS

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 06:28 PM

Quote:
JL,

I'm such a stickler for not wanting to know what's gonna happen, that I won't open the link, even though it may not be a "major" spoiler. Yet, I am curious. :p
Definitely not a major spoiler, but some of the names listed above are involved in the plot.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 06:52 PM

Well Tony said on the preview "You took an oath theres no retiring from this" so I dunno that that person is gonna retire unless thats from some other episode.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
[quote]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b] JL,

Definitely not a major spoiler, but some of the names listed above are involved in the plot. [/b][/quote]I'm pissed now. A new poster posted, then deleted immediately a post saying exactly what happens in tonights episode. I posted back quickly and asked if he was joking, he replied "no! Ha ha ha" Let me put it this way, if he's right, I'm pissed. Did anyone else catch it?

TIS
Posted By: SC

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 07:00 PM

He didn't delete the posts, TIS, I did. He's also been banned (he posted that spoiler in 5 different threads).

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 07:03 PM

TIS I'm sure it was completely false how would the poster know what was going to happen don't worry about it.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 07:04 PM

Thanks for being on your toes SC. I can't tell you how I disappointed I am. Yea, and pissed. I hope he doesn't know what he's talking about.

TIS

The thing is, the very short time it was on, I was on the board. Had I stepped away for five minutes I would have missed it.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 07:07 PM

SC, You are the coolest. I would hate to know that, too. Good catch!!

There was a Sopranos article today in my local paper, and the writer had visited the set. He was shocked that the set appeared so small and that the actors were so much thinner in person. I'm assuming that may not apply to James Gandolfini.

I am so looking forward to tonight's episode. Must remember to set DVR!!!

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 07:08 PM

He's baaack. He did it again for all to see.

TIS

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 07:10 PM

TIS I'm sure Tony doesn't get shot by you know who doesn't make sense for him to shoot him this early on.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 07:11 PM

Quote:
He's baaack. He did it again for all to see.

TIS
Why would someone that's been here since 2001 do this?
...Not that I remember him.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 07:16 PM

He's gone now. I tried to get all his threads deleted.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 07:18 PM

JL,

He was Peter the first time, and the second time I think was Knockout. I didn't recognize Peter, but yea, I think I do remember a Knockout. Which is exactly what I'd like to do to him.

TIS

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 07:20 PM

What he posted was a rumor that was floating around, but nothing more. He's full of shit when he said "he's seen the episode because it's all over the net." It is not anywhere on the net. He's just repeating a rumor.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 07:21 PM

That's encouraging. I hope so.

TIS

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 07:23 PM

Hey TIS think about it why would ........?

Edited by SC to remove any hint of a possible spoiler.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/12/06 07:23 PM

PeterL22 registered today and is apparently the same person as KnoccOut who used to post here, but you won't be seeing him anymore either.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 01:52 AM

Meg is your buffet ready? Everyone else got their munchies all set?

See ya in a few.

I wanted to change my avator for the occasion.

TIS
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 02:43 AM

Read the spoiler-filled reports of the first two episodes from AICN.....real interesting stuff folks.

Anyway, Episode #1 after about 2 years is pretty good so far, though the ending should surprise some folks.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 02:59 AM

Don't want to ruin it for anyone. Is it ok to post about the episode? It just ended here.

***********************SPOILER MATERIAL FOLLOWS THIS POST******************

**************************SPOILER MATERIAL FOLLOWS THIS POST******************

Edited by SC to add spoiler warning
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:02 AM

Whatta way to start the season! This episode is why The Sopranos is the best show on television. Not that idiot bullshit L&O/N.Y.P.D. Blue ripoff C.S.I., not Lost, or Prison Break or whatever the fuck, but The Sopranos.

Uncle Jun. has gone pretty far off the cliff and him shooting Tony should make for an interesting next episode to say the least...The hanging...Meadow's dancing (should've been nude though )...more of the same dumbass, moronic idiocy from A.J....and Johnny Sack fighting for his life. I love it! Seeya next Sunday.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:02 AM

Well, I missed the first twenty minutes, anybody wanna fill me in what happened?

BTW, I started watching when Hesh's Son in Law got run over and beat up.

But overall, this was a pretty good episode.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:03 AM

Holy shit I dont know what to think.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
Don't want to ruin it for anyone. Is it ok to post about the episode? It just ended here.
I changed the topic to show spoilers. It should be ok.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:06 AM

Very good first episode. Cleaned up a lose end with R.C., and gave a lot of hints which direction the season is going. Surprisingly, much of the rumors floating around turned out to be true.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:06 AM

One wonders how Gino's suicide will play into the rest of the season.

Apparently, the 2nd season should be quite...interesting. Let's just say that its a return to a episode-gimmick that was already exercised - of sorts - last season. The only other thing I'll say this, clue-wise:

What if?

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:10 AM

I havent done research on the casting bill and what not, and I dont know whats possible in the Sopranos anymore, so I will elaborate a little on RRA's question.

Could Tony be dead? Is there even a remote chance that its possible?
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:10 AM

Any predictions on the outcome of Tony's wounds?

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:11 AM

SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!!

Wow!! Hit-n-runs, shootings, suicide...Some opener! I see
that motherhood hasn't changed Janice at all. And that Carmella can still be bought, although not for anything as inexpensive as a fur coat or an Hermes scarf. But why did Tony not have his cell phone? Because of the dead battery on the boat? He doesn't have a car charger?? I believe that 911 sends someone after some time if there is no response (I should know, my daughter called 911 when she was 3 and left the phone off the hook), so I guess Tony will be ok, but what will happen when the police show up and find Uncle Jun and the gun. I wonder if the gun can be traced to other killings?

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:12 AM

The feds lost TWO rats tonight!

Overall a good episode. Vito is definitely in line to have a much bigger role this season (notice how much more dialogue and scene appearances he had tonight).
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:12 AM

That ending obviously is supposed to spawn much water cooler debate - but I really doubt (and hope!) that that's not the end of Tony with 19 eps to go! But if it is, then it would be quite interesting to see the crumble of Jersey...! But I highly doubt it so early in the season...!

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:14 AM

That's quite the idea. Of having the first few episodes being the end of Tony Soprano, and the rest of the season being how the Soprano family recovers or what happens afterwards.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:16 AM

I find it surprising that Eugene Pontecorvo had more screen time in the season 6 opener then Tony. Especially considering that all of his previous appearances and dialogue in the other seasons probably doesnt equal what he had in tonights eppisode.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:16 AM

Great episode. The ending with Junior made me piss myself. Out of nowhere an angry Italian old man jumps down the stairs to shoot.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:18 AM

I don't think Tony dies.

The more likely scenerio is that he will be laid up in the hospital.

Now who becomes acting boss?

Paulie? Christopher?

Pretty good episode. For a moment there I thought that they were going to kill Hesh. Then when Tony was calling uncle Junior, I was afraid that he was going to find him dead. What a turn of events there.

Don Cardi

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:20 AM

Considering all the clips of Tony from the previews and trailers that have yet to be shown, I think it's a safe bet he'll be just fine. I do predict next week will be very misleading, and I haven't read the rumors or preview for the episode.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Now who becomes acting boss?

Paulie? Christopher?
If Tony has any say, I'd bet it would be Christopher.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:29 AM

What a fucking ride that was.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:34 AM

Great episode. I agree with Gino's screen time. It's been so long it took me a minute to figure out who he was. I just knew Tony wouldn't let him go. I sure didn't expect him to hang himself though.

Does anyone think that Vito may be up to something??? The way he was suggesting to Gino if "God forbid" Tony has a heart attack...he might become boss." He seemed kind of sneaky. He's lost a few pound hu?

Ah, and the ending was excellent. I'm sorry it was spoiled for me, but realize how "shocking" it would have been. I wonder if Tony will put Junior in a home now. I don't think he'll die either. That wouldn't be a smart idea as far as the show goes. He makes it IMHO.

SB, Tony threw his cell phone on the boat. I assume he left it there.

A couple humorous moments with Christopher and his Lou Gehrig's Disease joke (at a funeral no less )

Tony stepping on the scale. Tony made me laugh a couple other times too, but I can't think of it right now.

It is good to have the "family" back no???

TIS

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:34 AM

I think theres going to be power struggle coming up. Some of the characters involved might be Silvio, Paulie, Christopher, Vito Spatafore, and maybe even Bobby Bacilla. But something tells me that Silvio and Vito are going to be very important through out this season.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Love:
If Tony has any say, I'd bet it would be Christopher.
A recovering drug addict? Not a chance. I'd say Paulie - consider the tension w/ Chrissy then! Or Sil. I can't think of anyone else as realistic as those two.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:37 AM

Ok heres what I wanna know who here thinks Junior knew what he was doing?

and another thing Paulie I think will be acting boss apparently hes underboss and Chris took over his regime in one part chris said what am I not a fucking captain.

And as for the feds they've experinced alot of losses Aid last season then the two guys tonight.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
A recovering drug addict? Not a chance. I'd say Paulie - consider the tension w/ Chrissy then! Or Sil. I can't think of anyone else as realistic as those two.
Good point, but I wouldn't think he would choose Paulie. Sil before Paulie, and I figure sense Sil is consigliori, he wouldn't pursue the role of boss. Paulie's just nuts. Christopher and Tony have been close due to the family thing. That's why I'd say Christopher.

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
[quote]Originally posted by Tony Love:
[b]If Tony has any say, I'd bet it would be Christopher.
A recovering drug addict? Not a chance. I'd say Paulie - consider the tension w/ Chrissy then! Or Sil. I can't think of anyone else as realistic as those two. [/b][/quote]Not so fast. It was made clear (again) tonight how much importance Tony places on family (remember his little speech to A.J.).

Quote:
Originally posted by Toni_corleone:

Ok heres what I wanna know who here thinks Junior knew what he was doing?

and another thing Paulie I think will be acting boss
I don't think Junior knows what he did, and I'd bet my house Silvio would/will be acting boss.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Not so fast. It was made clear (again) tonight how much importance Tony places on family (remember his little speech to A.J.).
Tony was also a split second away from putting a bullet in his head last season.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:43 AM

I was thinking tho Jun seemed like he knew what he did he went upstairs hid the gun(poorly) and hid in the closet started crying and ignored Tony's cries for help.
Posted By: mikey_fresh

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:45 AM

This is what we all waited for, and I certainly was not disappointed, especially when my girlfriend thought Adriana was back from the dead...

I have to say that the suicide has to be focal point of this episode, not for really who died, but the meaning behind it for the show in general. To the suicide on its own, not only is his family now fucked (son, etc), but Vito gets all his ends now, who knows maybe even the $2mil.

Chase is pure genius! Uncle Jun shooting T, the Hesh incident, train track Bobby and the Soprano family personalities, is cause for a lot of speculation. Tony will be fine, I think Sil will become acting boss, Chris Underboss. I could go on here forever on speculations, but I have a whole week to think about this stuff before 9pm March 19th. Best show on the air..Welcome back Sopranos!!

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Toni_corleone:
I was thinking tho Jun seemed like he knew what he did he went upstairs hid the gun(poorly) and hid in the closet started crying and ignored Tony's cries for help.
I disagree.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:46 AM

Quote:
And as for the feds they've experinced alot of losses Aid last season then the two guys tonight.
That's true. This is the first time in years and years where the Feds have not had at least one active rat in the family.

At one point last season, they had Jack Massarone, Ray Curto, Adrianna La Cerva, and now Gene Pontercorvo all running at the same time.

Massarone got clipped
then Adrianna got clipped
Curto went tonight
and then Gene hangs himself

Looks like Tony's out of trouble with the law for a while now.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mikey_fresh:
This is what we all waited for, and I certainly was not disappointed, especially when my girlfriend thought Adriana was back from the dead...

I have to say that the suicide has to be focal point of this episode, not for really who died, but the meaning behind it for the show in general. To the suicide on its own, not only is his family now fucked (son, etc), but Vito gets all his ends now, who knows maybe even the $2mil.

Chase is pure genius! Uncle Jun shooting T, the Hesh incident, train track Bobby and the Soprano family personalities, is cause for a lot of speculation. Tony will be fine, I think Sil will become acting boss, Chris Underboss. I could go on here forever on speculations, but I have a whole week to think about this stuff before 9pm March 19th. Best show on the air..Welcome back Sopranos!!
Chris as underboss I don't think so he recently became Capt. after Paulie was bumped up to underboss.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
I'd bet my house Silvio would/will be acting boss.
Silvio is the Consigliere. It is highly unusual for a Consigliere to step in as an acting boss. Then again it's also highly unusual for a Mob boss to go around to meetings in diners at 4:00 in the morning all by himself or to carry out a hit on his own. Then again this show is very unorthadox in how the mob structure works.

Don Cardi

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:51 AM

Don Cardi I agree with you I think Paulie will take over it says on the site hes underboss but I thin Syl Paulie Vito and Chris will fight over it and I think Vito will get whacked.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:51 AM

I think Silvio is the person Tony trusts the most out of everyone. Whomever it is, I don't expect Tony to missing for long.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 03:56 AM

Silvio has always been the most loyal to Tony.

The question is, will Tony overlook his loyalty, or commend it by giving him a higher placement in the family?

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 04:00 AM

Stepping back for a moment and considering Tony's choices, if it were me, I think I'd trust Sil the most. Christopher has it in him but is too hot headed, and Paulie too seems quick to the draw so to speak, and not all that bright. Vito, I don't know. Sil seems the most loyal. Then again, he is consigliere.

I don't think Tony will be down and out that long though. I have a feeling we'll see him in the hospital next episode, but up and about the following. Just a hunch. Then again, I could be totally wrong, since this show tends to surprise me. :p

TIS

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 04:01 AM

I thought Gene's suicide was amazing by the way. The editing from Gene looking at his family photos to him kicking out the speaker to hang himself, brilliant. Really felt his pain.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 04:04 AM

To me, this was by far the best season opener in the series!(maybe with the exception of the pilot)If the rest of the season is as good as this episode we're in for a treat! I think that was the scariest I have ever seen Junior look when he shot Tony. My favorite line was in Melfi's office when Melfi says "A retirement community," and Tony responds: "It's a nursing home." I just thought it was funny because when anyone referred to Green Grove, they would call it a nursing home and Tony would make it sound better by calling it a retirement community. I noticed that Vito was being extra polite to Phil Leotardo, maybe he wants to get in good with New York somehow....or maybe he wants to give Phil a blow job! I didn't see a preview for next week's episode. I was pissed at first, but I think I like it better that way. It seems that the previews in previuos seasons were a little misleading.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 04:07 AM

Okay, you all wanna know what I meant by my WHAT IF? comment?

Look away NOW...NOW DAMMIT!...if you don't want to know what happens next week, or scroll down. Whatever!

*****************SPOILERS!!!!******************************

Tony lives, but he is in a coma in the hospital. While both families(you know what I refer to) struggle to appear at the hospital for Tony(his son doesn't want to, since he can't stand to see his pops in his helpless state, and as well he just flunked out of college). Meadow's beau won't leave dental school to be in person to Tony's bedside, which pisses her off to no end. Apparently at one point, AJ tells the press outside the hospital to do something inappropriate to themselves.

However, apparently the episode revolves around Tony dreaming(as like last season), but this time he imagines in his coma state an alternative reality where Tony never became a mobster, but instead a business man. The episode ends with Tony still in his coma, but this won't be for long.

*****************SPOILER ENDS***************************

Interesting, umm? Anyway, I think Tony awaked by episode 3, but probably a course of this season is that Tony is now weakened, and a terrible fear of his is coming even more true: He loses even more control, as people try to take advantage of his state.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen:
I thought Gene's suicide was amazing by the way. The editing from Gene looking at his family photos to him kicking out the speaker to hang himself, brilliant. Really felt his pain.
I agree, it went on for quite a long time and at the end he's even is pissing too.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 04:19 AM

For those of us without HBO, anyone mind giving a brief, general summary of what has happened so far?

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 04:48 AM

HBO will probably put it up by tomorrow morning.

Anyone rewatching it? I just started it for the 2nd time.
Posted By: Morello

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 04:53 AM

Sil = acting boss.
Posted By: Goodfella 69

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 06:02 AM

great first episode. i felt real sorry for gene.. but looks like all the rats are dropping like flies which is a good thing for tony.
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 06:17 AM

yeah, what a great episode. I never find myself liking Sundays, knowing the weekend is just about over. Now, I can't wait for the next episode of The Sopranos. Amazing way to start the season, and no wonder why everyone wanted to rewatch the episode immediatly afterwards after the premiere. Spoiler Alert

Spoiler Alert

I can't believe of how the episode ended with Uncle Junior thinking Tony was Little Pussy, and the connection made back to the pilot episode. I thought great way to link the very first episode of the show and the first episode of the last season. Man, I felt chills with Tony getting shot.
Posted By: SenatorGeary

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 07:10 AM

Awesome episode.. still in shock about the shooting.

Very interested to see what happens to Junior...off to an insane asylum or a "retirement community"?

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
if you don't want to know what happens next week, or scroll down. Whatever!

*****************SPOILERS!!!!******************************

(etc)
You're posting this in the Ep 1 thread?? :rolleyes:
Posted By: Bada Bing Ben

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 12:47 PM

Okay i have picked up a little from the numerous comments on here.

However i still feel the need to ask for someone to give an entrie synopsis of episode 1. I am struggling to find a version off a download engine.

please can someone go through everything that happens and any dialogue of any importance.

Us brits would be massively appreciative i am sure.

Ben

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 01:02 PM

This article kind of recaps it...

link
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 01:04 PM

I gave it a five star rating. The wait was well worth it and it looks like the show has returned to the one I loved in the first place. I think Junior knows what he is doing. To have two characters with Alzheimers is pretty far fetched[Tony's mother in season 1 and 2]. Junior knows there is going to be a retrial so why not do a Vinnie The Chin Gigante act. Who would suspect if Junior decided it was time for payback.
Posted By: Daigo Mick Friend

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 01:32 PM

Very interesting,

I did not find the shooting of Tony shocking. They could have shot him, set him on fire, thrown him out the window and have the dead Russian jump up and down on him, and I know he would still survive. Never kill the golden goose. Shocking would have been if Junior shot any other main cast member. Imagine if Tony went to Juniors home with AJ and he was the one that was shot. Now that would be water cooler talk. But I digress. Tony out of commission for an episode or two is needed for the story line.

Couple of things.

FBI has no rats, they have never been without a rat, they need a rat. Who will it be?

Tony's compliment on how Phil is doing as acting Boss for Johnny Sack. Will Tony be as lucky? I think there will be a contrast in the way his acting Boss will be.

Will New York take this as an opportunity ( Tony recouping) to move against NJ.

The previews and speculation on this show seem to be so far off base from what actually happens. I am staying away this season. The screen shot in the diner had everyone having Bobby B getting whacked, and it was another fat guy being whacked buy a charactor that had maybe two lines of dialouge in five years.

Meadow should be getting married this season ? unless she has the typical Italian three year engagement.

Too much time dedicated to a secondary cast member ( Gino )
in the season opener. Especially after waiting almost two years. they could have worked that story line for a few episodes.

But a Good Start.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 02:36 PM

My only complaint in this episode was that there wasn't a paper in the driveway. I also thaought it was sad that Dick Barone died.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 02:39 PM

I found this interesting observation from a website, when Tony told AJ. Remember this:

"Let me tell you something, AJ," Tony Soprano said to his son in the middle of the sixth season premiere of "The Sopranos." "I don't care how close you are. In the end, your friends are going to let you down. Family, they're the ones you can depend on."

TIS

Btw, I heard Lorraine Bracco say in a brief interview yesterday, that her sister had a part in last night's show, playing a mobster's wife. I thought maybe Eugene's wife, but this morning on Imus they had on Vito, Johnny Sac, and Eugene and they said Eugene's wife was from an acting class (not mentioning Bracco) . So I'm not sure which part she played.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 02:52 PM

Just another tidbit I'm picking up this morning (they've had Johnny Sac, Vito, and Eugene on MSN on two different shows this morning). I know many thought the Pine Barrens episode was one of the best. They said the same writer who wrote that episode (don't know the writers names) wrote last nights episode.

TIS

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 04:02 PM

Just wondering...

All the hype and speculation leading to last nights eppisode pointed to a character getting killed. Which one do you think it was? Pontecorvo or Curto?

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 05:22 PM

I didn't think about it too much before the episode, but it was clear to me 10 minutes in that Eugene was a dead man walking.
....And I'm starting to change my mind (slightly) whether Junior is losing his mind or acting. I rewatched the episode this morning, and after he went into the closet, he looked as if he knew exactly what he did. I don't understand how killing Tony would help his case that he's senile though.
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 05:56 PM

THe place were Gino killed that fatguy I eat there all
the time it in NEWARK

Rip gino and the fatguy he killed

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 06:50 PM

HBO just posted the summary...

When Phil Leotardo visits Johnny Sack in jail he assures him he's playing nice, but complains that Tony wants the same split on the Office Park deal as the Esplanade. Phil tells him to hold firm---"But don't turn it into World War III."

Eugene Pontecorvo has inherited $2 million from his aunt, and he and his wife Deanne see his inheritance as a way out. Gene goes to Tony with a gift and a request for a favor: permission to retire to Florida. Tony's not thrilled, but when he agrees to think about it, Gene gives Deanne the green light to make an offer on their Florida dream house.

Hanging out at the Pork Store, Vito boasts that the only problem with losing weight is that he may have to join Clothing Anonymous, "You shoulda called your sponsor before you bought that jacket," says Ray Curto.

Agent Harris shows up with his new partner, Goddard. "Where you been," Tony asks. "I got some new federale in my rearview the last six months." Harris, it turns out, was transferred to Terrorism and just got back from Pakistan where the only thing he caught was a parasite.

After dinner at a Chinese restaurant, Hesh and his son-in-law, Eli, are jumped. Hesh escapes, but running away, Eli is hit and dragged by a taxi. He survives, barely. Seems one of Phil's guys- Gerry Torciano - thinks Eli is freelancing in Brooklyn, when in fact he was just collecting for Hesh.

Hesh calls in Tony to straighten things out, but Phil seems in no hurry to accommodate. When Phil is slow to return a call, Tony complains to his crew that he needs to use Ginny's brother as a back channel to Johnny Sack. T blows up: "What the f$#% is it? I can't catch a f*%$#*' break?"

He catches one-though he doesn't even know it-- when Ray Curto keels over just as he's about to tell Agent Robyn Sanseverino what he's got on Tony. The Feds have lost another informant. Meanwhile Tony visits Ginny's brother, optometrist Anthony Infante, to ask him to pass along a message to his brother-in-law Johnny Sack. When Anthony next accompanies his sister Ginny on visiting day, he passes it along: "The guy from Jersey asked me to talk to you." Johnny tells Anthony to have Phil deal with it.

Junior's mind is playing tricks again-he's convinced that Pussy Malanga is stalking him, and that he stole 40 Gs from a job back in the '70s. Tony can't take it. But when he complains to Melfi and she suggests assisted living, Tony cites family loyalty. Melfi hammers at Tony about his mother and his denial about her, and he turns on her: "What was your mother like?" But Melfi's not fazed: "She was controlling and manipulative at times. She also never tried to kill me."

After much delay, Phil shows up for a meeting at the Bada Bing offering 50k for Eli's troubles. That settled, they move on to the Office Park. When Tony agrees to a 65/35 split, Christopher balks. "I'm not caving, it's a strategy," Tony explains. "Johnny's in jail. You keep him happy, he'll keep a lid on Phil."

Christopher orders Gene to take care of a bad debtor, promising to put in a good word to Tony "on that Florida thing" in exchange. But after Gene shoots Teddy Spirodakis in a fast food chicken joint, Silvio breaks the news that Florida's out. Deanne is devastated- "Tony, Tony! Why don't you kill him?....You think I don't know you've done it before?" she screams. It only gets worse when the Feds call in Gene, who we learn has been a cooperator, and tell him he's got to replace Curto as their man on the inside. Feeling as if he has no choice, Gene hangs himself.

Called off a cruise on the Stugots II to babysit Junior, T bust in on Janice and Bacala, but she's too busy with her new baby to help out. "F$#@ it! You want something done, do it yourself."

Tony makes dinner while Junior goes to look for his teeth. But the aging wiseguy finds a gun instead, and in a fit of paranoia, shoots Tony in the stomach. Junior hides in the closet while Tony struggles to make it to a phone to call 911.

I was sad to see him go

EDIT: I just saw that Furio is still credited as appearing in last night's episode. Did anyone see him? I was thinking maybe he made a ghostly appearance like the one of Big Pussy in Season 3 that nobody caught. I'll have to go back a look for him specifically.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 09:59 PM

I'm afraid of something annoying, like the rest of the season being a dream while Tony is in the hospital.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/13/06 10:49 PM

Vercetti, you worry too much.

Apparently, it maybe for only one episode....though this season maybe set about his underlings trying to take over with Tony disabled.....and yes, I'm sure someone will get whacked.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/14/06 12:56 PM

Havent we read that 2 of the next 3 episodes will be largely dream-based? I really don't mind the dream sequences, but I wouldn't want them to do a whole season that way.
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/14/06 01:12 PM

I remember reading awhile back that Tony was going to be hurt and in the hospital. I be lieve this was before the show was renewed for a final season. On another front, Jamie Lyn Seigler[Meadow] went back to her maiden name, is she divorced in real life?

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/14/06 01:14 PM

Yes
Posted By: ChrisY2J

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/15/06 12:54 AM

I really dug it. "Members Only" is perhaps the best season premiere episode we have ever seen, maybe with the exception being the pilot episode.

I was surprised by a few things. Raymond Curto's death wasn't what I expected. He's been wearing a wire for at least five years. I always thought he'd avoid being found out by his fellow mobsters and he'd avoid getting killed for it, since he was a LOT smarter than any of the other rats we've seen (Jimmy Altieri, Big Pussy Bonpensiero, Adriana, Jack Masserone). He was a captain (and once was almost boss after Jackie Sr died) and thus in the best position to bring down Tony and the Family. His heart attack was definitely a surprising twist, especially since the previous scene was Tony whining, "Why can't I ever catch a break?" He has no idea what a break he caught with Curto's sudden death.

I get a kick out of how this show will bring up some obscure name from earlier seasons and make it a major plotline (example, Feech LaManna). They did it again with Junior raving about Little Pussy Malanga. For longtime watchers, you'll recongnize Malanga as the mobster Junior wanted to have killed in Artie's restaurant, which Tony set on fire to avoid having a mob execution take place there. We never did see how Junior eventually did away with Little Pussy Malanga, but going by Tony's words, he's now been dead for a while.

Junior shooting Tony was totally unexpected and was absolutely great.

I have a theory here, and maybe I'm totally wrong, but hey, it's just a feeling: I betcha that Junior's insanity is all an act. According to rumors, Junior hires a slick new lawyer who's pretty ruthless. My guess is Junior is amping up the senility act so he gets declared not competent enough to stand trial. I'm sure he still feels resentment to Tony for setting him up in the first place to be taken down by the FBI.

Maybe I'm totally wrong (in fact, I probably am), but it's an interesting theory, no?

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/15/06 01:20 AM

I have a question regarding Curto. Why did he flip in the first place? I have a feeling that this is something that we were never told but I could be wrong.
Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/15/06 01:40 AM

I liked the episode. The end was pretty surprising. I figured it would happen, but not that Junior would do it.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/15/06 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
I have a question regarding Curto. Why did he flip in the first place? I have a feeling that this is something that we were never told but I could be wrong.
Curto was a storyline that for several seasons never went anywhere. At least they finally ended it.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/15/06 04:14 AM

I've been meaning to try and pinpoint the first episode we are made aware of this. Anyone know off the top of their head?

EDIT: I just read that it's "Proshai, Livushka," where his cooperation is first revealed. I still don't remember the scene specifically though. So he was one episode away from being a rat for a full 3 seasons, and nothing ever really came of that storyline.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/15/06 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisY2J:
I really dug it..... (posted March 14, 2006 07:54 PM)
You have one kid and you stop posting in a timely fashion?? Geez.... :p

I look forward to your reviews this season.
Posted By: ChrisY2J

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/16/06 02:58 AM

Hey SC. Man, I wish I had the chnace to do up the big reviews every episode. I had plenty of time during Season Five to do the writeups, not so this time. Two years ago, we just moved back to Buffalo from Philly and I was job-hunting, and we didn't have our little bundle of joy, either!
Ah well...

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/16/06 04:59 PM

I was just jokin', Chris.

A new baby takes precedence!

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/16/06 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisY2J:
Hey SC. Man, I wish I had the chnace to do up the big reviews every episode. I had plenty of time during Season Five to do the writeups, not so this time. Two years ago, we just moved back to Buffalo from Philly and I was job-hunting, and we didn't have our little bundle of joy, either!
Ah well...
I'm origionally from Buffalo too. Damn I miss Ted's Hot Dogs!

On a Soprano note, I wonder if the dream sequence would be about Tony being a "civilian" instead of a mobster. Maybe Big Pussy would be in it because he might be still alive if it wasn't for Tony's dream.
Or another intersting thing I thought of, maybe Tony will have the same dream as Christopher did in the second season, with Brenden Falone and Mikey Palmice. Maybe once Tony wakes from his dream he mentions this to Paulie, and thats why he acts crazy this season (as reported).
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/17/06 01:25 AM

i finally managed to see the first episode of season six yesterday (im sorry to say i've had to avoid this website for that matter) and i have to say that this was an awesome episode. it had the feel of the first couple of seasons. i don't know if anyone agrees with me. and can't believe that eugene killed himself...and that tony was shot. i always wished that juniour would one day be able to get back up there in the ranks again.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/18/06 01:50 PM

he wont get back up the ranks...he is ombatz.

if anything he will put out to pasture...ie allowed to retire or something.

still havent seen this episode yet...goddammed internet isnt surfacing.
Posted By: GottiMafia

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/18/06 05:36 PM

hey ben you must not be looking in the right places, i got it on tuesday!! and i sent you s message but no reply?

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/19/06 02:25 PM

Hey SC or Geoff

When Eugene shoots that guy in the diner..is that the same diner we saw on the tour? Remember? It kind of looked like it no?

TIS

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/19/06 02:31 PM

No, TIS. That wasn't the same place. Don Vencent posted that he eats at that place (in real life, of course) and that its in Newark.

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/19/06 05:22 PM

Just came across something on the TV Guide website. It had a picture from the Sopranos and said something about how they're getting ready for a funeral, but not the one you think. Tonight should be interesting!

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/20/06 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GottiMafia:
hey ben you must not be looking in the right places, i got it on tuesday!! and i sent you s message but no reply?
mate.

i havent had any private messages at all.

oh mate...any chance you could email me it??? I am dieing to see it.

i will private message my email address.
Posted By: GottiMafia

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/21/06 04:06 PM

no message yet ben?
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Season 6 Ep 1 "Members Only" ***SPOILERS*** - 05/02/06 01:18 PM

Just saw the opener.

Haven't laughed at the show in a while as much as I did when the camera cut from the scene with Curto in the Fed car and then to Tony looking at his corpse at his wake.

The final hanging scene was incredible to watch; could have been even more powerful had Pontecorvo had more screentime before this episode. It's a pattern now I'm familiar with: when a character suddenly starts getting a lot of screentime, he probably won't make it past this particular episode.

The aesthetics of season five continue: awkward editing within scenes (matching up multiple takes of one scene is difficult), with a brown tinge to the cinematography. I love it. Love it love it love it.

I also noticed Gandolfini's obviously put on a considerable amount of weight for this season. He really does look brilliant, and of his part, for this season; as if afraid the audience won't notice, Chase makes sure that he has an abundance of scenes with Tony eating out in plush restaurants--and even weighing himself at one point.

A few other things: loved the opening montage with the music; up there with "Good Year" at the beginning of season two. Carmela is proving more dislikeable, perhaps more credible, each season. I find her character fascinating. John Ventimiglia, as Johnny Sac, continues to prove his underrated worth; the brief scenes he has in jail were episode-stealers. Wasn't too keen, however, on the give-away essential dialogue: Phil telling Johnny in jail "My brother Bill" and all that; we know who the characters are, no need to make it too obvious.

Great episode. I have two and three ready to go...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET