Home

What if it all a Dream?

Posted By: don vencent

What if it all a Dream? - 03/10/06 09:14 PM

Some of you guy may remember the show from the 80's
saint elsewhere when it the end of the show it was just
some kids dream. so what if at the end of the sopranos
it was just a long dream of Tony he wakes up to his wife
some other lady an says I just had a crazy dream that I was a MOB boss from Jersey how mad whould you guys
be?
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: What if it all a Dream? - 03/10/06 09:16 PM

Then I'd have to assassinate the writers for such a cliche and lazy ending.

Yeah, I had a dream I was in the mafia for over half a decade.
Posted By: don vencent

Re: What if it all a Dream? - 03/10/06 09:55 PM

IT happen in hit shows before
Posted By: olivant

Re: What if it all a Dream? - 03/11/06 01:20 AM

You stole my idea. Actually, I proposed a dream as the basis for a GFIV.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: What if it all a Dream? - 03/11/06 02:30 AM

I think "Dallas" was the first show to have a "just a dream" scenario, and I'd like to think most tv writers have learned from that.

I'd be mad if that happened though. ..Tony wakes up and he and Carm are really like Ward & June Cleaver?? You bet I'd be writing the show.

TIS
Posted By: Double-J

Re: What if it all a Dream? - 03/11/06 02:58 AM

If it is just a dream, that would absolutely suck. It would ruin the entire series for me.

I think that David Chase is a much better writer than that, and has a much more clever ending in store for all of us fans.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: What if it all a Dream? - 03/11/06 06:22 PM

Yeah that was Dallas and they did it because the show became a bust after killing off one of the more popular actors of the show. So a year later they claimed the last year was a dream. What a terrible fake cop out that was.

I'm with Vercetti, if this happened on the Sopranos I would seriously wrap a phone cord around someones neck.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: What if it all a Dream? - 03/11/06 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
... that was Dallas and they did it because the show became a bust after killing off one of the more popular actors of the show. So a year later they claimed the last year was a dream. What a terrible fake cop out that was...
Maybe...but if you think about it there was really no other way to believably bring back Patrick Duffy as Bobby. The way he was killed the season before left no mistake that the character was dead, dead DEAD. You couldn't bring him back from a long trip or mistaken identity. Having Pam dream it all was the most simple way to continue the story...and it must've worked because the series went on for several (maybe too many) years after that, when without Duffy it probably would've lasted maybe another season.

Speaking of the Soprano's, though...I heard previews this morning on Mark Simone's radio show. Tony is going to dream of what his life would've been like had he been a 'legitimate' business man. Also, not very pleasant things are suppose to happen to Uncle Junior. That's all I remember for now....

Apple
Posted By: SC

Re: What if it all a Dream? - 03/11/06 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by don vencent:
so what if at the end of the sopranos
it was just a long dream of Tony he wakes up to his wife
some other lady an says I just had a crazy dream that I was a MOB boss from Jersey
Bob Newhart did that idea already.
Posted By: olivant

Re: What if it all a Dream? - 03/12/06 07:35 PM

Hey, it could be a dream. Perhaps Tony really works at Satriale's or at Artie's restaurant and he overhears wiseguys all the time talking about their exploits. Whaddayathink?
Posted By: XJimmy the GentX

Re: What if it all a Dream? - 03/31/06 07:38 PM

Everyone in the indutry knows that "dream" endings or killing the main characters are cop outs.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: What if it all a Dream? - 04/06/06 03:29 AM

As has been said before, it would probably ruin the series for me. But I'm willing to put money that it wont be "just a dream"
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET