Home

bottle

Posted By: don capili

bottle - 01/02/06 08:26 AM

hey does anybody know what that green bottle that shows up in everyshow ?
it looks like a wine bottle and it starts with S.Pelli...

and does anybody know where to find this?

thanks,
donc
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: bottle - 01/02/06 04:02 PM

I don't recall a green bottle??? However, I believe there is a wine called "Pellegrino", so maybe that's it. I remember this in particular, because that was my grandmother's maiden name, and I get a kick out of it when I see this wine. However, I really don't recall seeing it in the Sopranos.

TIS
Posted By: SC

Re: bottle - 01/02/06 04:58 PM

Its a mineral water.

Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: bottle - 01/02/06 05:29 PM

Hi SC,

Now that you mentioned it, I do remember seeing the water. However, I was almost certain there was wine as well, so I checked. Maybe it's not very popular, I don't know, but evidently S. Pellegrino is a chef, and also makes wine.

web page
Posted By: olivant

Re: bottle - 01/02/06 06:14 PM

I don't recall it in every show. Tony sometimes takes a bottle of it from the refrigerator. Could be 7-UP.

Re: bottle - 01/02/06 06:35 PM

thanks guys
has anyone ever seen this in stores?

Re: bottle - 01/25/06 04:20 AM

ohh i finally found it !

but it takes like cardboard! i dont know what they tasted in this drink that make them like it !
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: bottle - 01/25/06 06:38 PM

Pellegrino is the latest money-maker for higher-end restaurants. With drunk driving enforcement getting tougher in most places, people are generally ordering fewer alcoholic beverages with meals. So now, you go into a restaurant, sit down, and the waiter asks you if you'd like to start with "something to drink." You just say, "water." Waiter says, "Mineral water?" If you're not thinking ahead (or if you want to impress your tablemates with your combined abstinence and erudition), you say, "Sure." Waiter returns with a bottle of Pellgrino. When you get the check, you find that you're been charged $8 or more for what is essentially a bottle of seltzer.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: bottle - 01/25/06 09:39 PM

I know that here in the US, it's become the latest restaurant gimmick, as if only a commoner would drink the tap water. That said, whenever I drink mineral water, I feel like I'm in Italy again. Since I can't drink the tap water in Italy, I always drink mineral water (senza gas or con gas is the way they ask if you would like it bubbly or not), so I'm rather fond of drinking it. But your right, TB, I'd rather buy a couple of bottles at $1 each, and drink it at home!
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: bottle - 01/25/06 10:38 PM

lol I've noticed that on the sopranos and some other shows I wondered what it was.
Posted By: Vespasian

Re: bottle - 02/15/06 04:52 PM

In Switzerland you can buy it in every retail shop (or do you call it supermarket). I'm actually drinking it since I was born. It's funny for me to read that it is a money-maker for restaurants in the USA.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET