Home

See The Sopranos from the beginning

Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

See The Sopranos from the beginning - 09/14/04 06:40 PM

Don't know if someone posted this already, but starting Sept. 27 they will be airing the series from the very beginning. Anyone who hasn't seen all of the episodes, or maybe wants to record them can do so. At least we can still see them, even if in reruns while we wait two frickin' years for the new season.

TIS
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: See The Sopranos from the beginning - 09/14/04 07:27 PM

We never get reruns. I have the boxsets, anyway, though.

One time, the show was aired at prime (adult) time, and now it's aired at 2300 every Monday. Just means I almost drop dead in History every Tuesday morning due to the late night--but it's always worth it.

Mick
Posted By: belle

Re: See The Sopranos from the beginning - 09/16/04 04:57 PM

I am a lifelong fan of the godfather and just now have gotten into the sopranos. Ive watched all four seasons in like two weeks. Now I need to see season five but I cant find it to rent or to buy anywhere. Ive looked everywhere from amazon to hbo to best buy. Do you guys know when or where the fifth season will be available?
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: See The Sopranos from the beginning - 09/16/04 08:50 PM

Belle, welcome to the site!

Regarding your question, it's a question of WHEN not where. They take forever to come out on boxset...

Mick
Posted By: AllEyesOnChris

Re: See The Sopranos from the beginning - 09/17/04 06:53 PM

Hopefully, HBO has it planned so that the reruns lead right into the 6th season. That might ease the pain of the year-and-a-half wait. Does anybody know if that's how they're going to do it?
Posted By: fathersson

Re: See The Sopranos from the beginning - 09/18/04 11:15 PM

Who ever does this at HBO should drop dead. The nerve of them to charge for their station and then rerun things from the begining after making us wait that long, not once, not twice, but now three frickin' times. We pay for orginal programing with no commercials, not reruns. I can only hope that someone in charge sees the letter we have sent to them and understands what they are doing to the fans, No, I take that back the people who PAY the bills .
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: See The Sopranos from the beginning - 09/19/04 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AllEyesOnChris:
Hopefully, HBO has it planned so that the reruns lead right into the 6th season. That might ease the pain of the year-and-a-half wait. Does anybody know if that's how they're going to do it?
Well, my math has always been a little "fuzzy" :p but I believe there were 13 episodes in each season (maybe a couple had one less or more, I don't remember), so in five seasons that's 65 episodes, which is what? About 16 mos? I do believe that's what they will do to pacify the fans.

TIS
Posted By: AllEyesOnChris

Re: See The Sopranos from the beginning - 09/19/04 11:30 PM

It's not up to HBO when the next season starts, that's producer David Chase's call. He's the one who makes the show, therefore he says when it's ready for viewing. I agree that it's a rediculously long wait, but I don't see how complaining to HBO is going to solve anything. If you want to save money on your cable bill, maybe you could suspend your service for a year or so until the new season airs. Otherwise, you could wait until it comes out on dvd. Personally, I'd prefer seeing the reruns over one of the other shows they've got going. Besides, by watching them all in order, you'll be refreshed on all the goings-on of the show...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET