Home

Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream"

Posted By: ChrisY2J

Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/12/04 03:29 PM

THE SOPRANOS 63: THE TEST DREAM
Running Time: 57 minutes

Though his affair with Valentina is heating up, Tony can't seem to get an old flame out of his mind. After digesting an unsavory bit of news, Tony B. takes out his agita in an all-too-familiar way. Treating himself to a night's repose in the city, Tony ends up in another somnolent funhouse.
Posted By: Nick totoro

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/12/04 06:12 PM

Thinging of an old flame? Unsavory news? Don't tell me Irina kills herself now...

Nick
Posted By: The Godfather

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/12/04 08:30 PM

The unsavory news is regarding Tony B.

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/12/04 09:12 PM

"Somnolent funhouse"? I wonder what that implies? Is it going to be another episode like the Season Two finale, "Funhouse", where Tony has a bunch of wild dreams?
Posted By: SopranoFan

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/12/04 10:33 PM

Yes.

There were a bunch of articles back in october about this episode. Expect to see Big Pussy, Ralphie, Richie, Jackie Jr, Mikey Palmice, Philly Parisi, and Vin Makazian return!

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/13/04 01:26 PM

Whoops... Tony B, not Tony S. Wonder if it has anything to do with his daughter... ? It would make sense just because they've brought her up in the past when she had seemingly nothing to do with the current storyline.

Nick
Posted By: Lucky_Luciano

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/15/04 09:24 AM

Sounds interesting, but I am eager to see what happens with this Johnny Sac/Little Carmine war. There's only three more episodes to go and from looking at the previews (although misleading) I am on the edge of my seat to see what happens. Good season thus far.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/15/04 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky_Luciano:
Sounds interesting, but I am eager to see what happens with this Johnny Sac/Little Carmine war. There's only three more episodes to go and from looking at the previews (although misleading) I am on the edge of my seat to see what happens. Good season thus far.
Don't be surprised if nothing happens. They spent half a season last season building up an affair with Carmella and Furio, and nothing happened. Raymond Curto has been wearing a wire since Season 3, and nothings happened. Adrianna's been talking to the feds for what seems like forever, and it looks like it's going nowhere (this season). Uncle Junior was losing his marbles earlier this season, now he's hardly ever seen. They made Vito go down on a guy for some shock value, but that will probably be another forgotten issue. As you can tell, I'm very disappointed this season. I thought after having all the time off between Season 4 and 5, the writing would pick up, and the show would flow from one episode to the next like the first 2 seasons. But just like last season, each episode goes off in a different direction. Each time there is a good episode and I think "I can't wait to see what happens next week", nothing happens. They just go off in another direction and forget 75% of what happened the week before.
Posted By: Dynamike

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 01:34 AM

My thoughts exactly!!

Plus there were all these new characters this season. This took up even more scenes. I was very happy with the original characters.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 01:57 AM

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Not enough of Meadow but Charmaine Bucco made up for it. It was a lot better than last week and judging by the preview it looks like things are gonna come to a head with N.Y. and Adrianna might get whacked but I hope not.
Posted By: fathersson

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 02:05 AM

Funny, real funny

BUT, why waste our time!

I am starting to feel that Chase is making a fool out of all his fans! To think we waited so long for this and the talk is we will wait so long for next season!

Still some funny stuff.
Posted By: SC

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 02:07 AM

Very surreal episode. Very GOOD episode!

Other than a flashback to the 60's, I don't know what to make of that dream. I THINK it was Tony's way of leading up to knowing he had to whack Tony B., but there were so many things (ie. all the dead guys) that are just too weird.

I loved all the "inside" jokes and references in the episode. The song "Peanuts" (sung by Frankie Valli) was playing on the radio; Tony said his girlfriend looked like a rag doll (another Frankie Valli song); Annette Bening's line about coming out of the bathroom "with just his cock in his hand" (clearly a "Godfather" reference, as well as Tony in the bathroom looking for the gun behind the toilet tank); and Annette Bening calling Tony "bugsy" (referencing her role in that movie).

Tony's gonna hafta whack Tony B. now.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 02:12 AM

I laughed my ass off seeing the guy from Home Alone and Annette Benning play Finn's parents, especially as Tony leaned over to her, "Hey, you're Annette Benning!" Very wierd, and when Tony B was shooting Phil and finished him off with a gun gesture. "How long do I have to count before I can get up?"
Posted By: Goodfella 69

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 02:14 AM

this is the kind of episode they play in the earlier episodes of a season not the last 3... funny yes, entertaining, at times.. but a waste of time indeed. way 2 many things have been unresolved in the sopranos world lately and the shows lacking what it once posessed years ago. i love the sopranos but they do seem 2 move on as if every episode is the 1st of the season .

Best moments of this episode..
didnt like who they whacked but when phil leotardo and his brother killed whats hos name, and when valentina caught on fire. and little bits n pieces of tonys dream were fun.

worst moment EVER... the dead crooked cop or w/e who was Fins dad supposably singing that god damn song for 5 min! very annoying haha.

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
Funny, real funny

BUT, why waste our time!

I am starting to feel that Chase is making a fool out of all his fans! To think we waited so long for this and the talk is we will wait so long for next season!

Still some funny stuff.
If this was episode 4, it would be an excellent episode. Being episode 11, I don't know what Chase is thinking. The episode was very entertaining, but now we have only 2 episodes left, and there is no way everything they started this season is going to get resolved. It looks like Tony B. gets whacked, Tony and Carmella eventually will reconcile, and Adriana with the feds will drag on to Season 6. *yawn*

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Goodfella 69:
this is the kind of episode they play in the earlier episodes of a season not the last 3... funny yes, entertaining, at times.. but a waste of time indeed. way 2 many things have been unresolved in the sopranos world lately and the shows lacking what it once posessed years ago. i love the sopranos but they do seem 2 move on as if every episode is the 1st of the season
Wow, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 02:24 AM

Why are there so many people who feel this season, or the show in general, has to be summed up neatly at the end??

The show hasn't resolved itself in earlier seasons, and I suspect this year won't be any different.
Posted By: fathersson

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 02:35 AM

What are you nuts?

Do you want people to have withdrawl, like they do with who shot the hitmen from outside of Michael's room years from now?

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Why are there so many people who feel this season, or the show in general, has to be summed up neatly at the end??

The show hasn't resolved itself in earlier seasons, and I suspect this year won't be any different.
The first 2 seasons, the writing was so good, they were like one giant 13 hour episode. The last 2 seasons are like a cluster f*ck. You can tape each episode, mix them up, watch them in random sequence, and it would make no difference. What happens the week before usually has little to do what is going to happen in the next episode. They should be building to a big climax for Season 5, and tonight Chase decides to take a trip down memory lane. ...And by the way, is Dominic Chianese still alive? At least they allow Tony Sirico and Steve Van Zandt make a token appearance each episode. Maybe the series should change its name to the "James Gandolfini Show."

Ok, I'm done venting my frustration.
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 01:02 PM

You said it Lou. The first two seasons were awesome. I watched last night's, probably will watch the encore because I missed the scene with Richie April. The episode started off great. Valentina setting herself on fire and Angelo getting whacked by Phil and Bill Leotardo. Tony B will probably be the next to go. Tony knew he was up to something when he was at his house and Tony B was acting peculiar. The killing of Billy Leotardo must be revenged and in order to avoid a war I have the feeling Tony will kill his cousin or serve him up on a platter to Johnny Sac.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 01:25 PM

Probably one of the most "unusual" episodes of the series. What's with Tony losing his teeth? And in his dream several asking Tony, "Did you get it done or You gonna take care of it?". (The dead guy in the bed, Carm when Tony was on the horse, and the black kid in the street in the Frank Vincent scene also asked it similarly to Tony, and Tony said, "I don't have a piece".

I too got a kick out of the GF references. SC, I caught the "Peanuts", but didn't catch the "Rag Doll" (nice catch)

Anyone notice in the link here that provided the storyling of this episode? "As Tony's affair with Irinna heats up?"""

I agree with most and have concluded that many storylines will not be tied up, but I still enjoyed this episode as I did last week's. In my view, this season has concentrated much on Tony's emotional state and leading us to believe that perhaps this is the beginning of his downfall. I think this last episode with all the dead people appearing in his dreams proves that he has many issues to deal with. Don't you think this whole season has been somewhat of a "physcological" study of Tony??

TIS

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
What's with..... And in his dream several asking Tony, "Did you get it done or You gonna take care of it?".
I took that sequence as Tony wrestling with his conscience about having to kill Tony B. Everyone knows Tony HAS TO kill Tony B. in order to avoid a war in which many will die. All the dead people (and Carmella) were asking Tony if he decided to kill Tony B. (and thus allow business to return to "normal").

Totally off subject, but I just found out that the final episode of the season won't air until June 6th (there'll be no show on Sunday, May 30th).
Posted By: Daigo Mick Friend

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 02:02 PM

I agree with all of you that say that this type of episode should have been placed earlier in the season.

Some Comments.

They did.nt need to burn Valentine, in fact if they wanted they could have burned her during the dream.

The dream was much too long. They should have shortened the dream sequence and leave time to show us Tony B trying to take out Phil L and end up taking out Billy L.

That being said I have to watch this episode again. I think there are a lot of hidden little nuggets in that dream.

The most inportant part of the dream I felt is when Tony answered a question " You know what has to be done" and he said yeah I did my home work and held up the paperback " The Valachi Papers". I think Tony knows in his sub-concious that he needs to flip to have any chance of saving his soul & the souls of his family. I think that is a hint of how the series will end.

Some Questions ?

Did Tony S know about the hit on Angelo when he was at Tony B's in the morning ?

Who called the Plaza and told Tony S about Angelo ?

Why did Tony go to the Plaza ?

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daigo Mick Friend:

The dream was much too long. They should have shortened the dream sequence and leave time to show us Tony B trying to take out Phil L and end up taking out Billy L.
This may be the biggest question. How in the hell is this not shown??? Tony B tries to take our Phil and Billy, and the scene isn't shown?? All we get is 30 seconds of Chris telling Tony?? I just don't get it. ....And the episode only ran for 50 minutes this week too. :rolleyes:

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 03:50 PM

A Goodfella's reference:

When they are killing Angelo they put him in the trunk of the car. Phil shoots him after Billy garrots him. In Goodfellas it was Frank Vincent's Billy Batts character in the trunk while Tommy and Jimmy took turns killing him.

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 08:10 PM

This may be way "out there", but do any of you think it's possible that Christopher was maybe a little too eager to blame Tony B??? I mean, we all know he is jealous of him. I too was surprised they didn't show it.

TIS

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daigo Mick Friend:
Some Questions ?

Did Tony S know about the hit on Angelo when he was at Tony B's in the morning ?

Who called the Plaza and told Tony S about Angelo ?

Why did Tony go to the Plaza ?
1) Pretty sure he did, but not sure how he found out. That was why he was so uneasy, used getting the kids back to the Mother's house as an excuse for himself to leave, etcetera.

2) Sounded like Silvio, but now I can't remember if it was Silvio or Christopher (who showed up later). Not sure why I'm so foggy on this.

3) He said it was because his Mother's house was falling apart around him or some mess like that. Not sure if that was literal or figurative, but he sure wasn't happy with his maid...

Nick

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 09:33 PM

Quote:
This may be way "out there", but do any of you think it's possible that Christopher was maybe a little too eager to blame Tony B??? I mean, we all know he is jealous of him. I too was surprised they didn't show it.

TIS
Good point. Chris hates Tony B with a passion. Look at the trip to the country. Tony S and Tony B sat in the restaurant making jokes about Christopher. Did you catch the look on Chris' face when he was driving back home.

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 10:03 PM

Quote:
TIS
I thought this was a possibility, except Phil L. is still alive and would obviously know who did it. If they were both dead, this could be a real possibility.
Posted By: Guineapig

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/17/04 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pisano:
[quote]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b] This may be way "out there", but do any of you think it's possible that Christopher was maybe a little too eager to blame Tony B??? I mean, we all know he is jealous of him. I too was surprised they didn't show it.

TIS
Good point. Chris hates Tony B with a passion. Look at the trip to the country. Tony S and Tony B sat in the restaurant making jokes about Christopher. Did you catch the look on Chris' face when he was driving back home. [/b][/quote]I read predictions of Tony B.'s being murdered by the end of the season in this thread, but the previews are very misleading. There's a possibility that Johnny Sack could go down. He has been hostile to Tony ever since the latter refused to lend a hand in what he adjudged to be an imprudent maneuver (taking out old man Carmine) in the end of the fourth season. The decision to rule in Tony's favor on the sale of the race track, I believe, was taken simply because he could not afford an enemy of such status while he was still in confrotation with Little Carmine (recall Johnny's face when Tony was getting into John's new, beautiful Maserati).

Now, Joey Peeps & Billy Leotardo are gone, & his right hand man Phil is in the hospital. As Angelo, a real pillar in Carmine's corner is gone, naturally retribution will follow from Little Carmine either on Johnny or on Phil. Johnny should not be making any demands.

Tony's already gone to bat for Tony B. once, & was threatened by John after it, now whether or not Tony denies his cousin's hand in Joey's murder, John will know for sure, since Tony B. reared his head again to avenge Angelo, making his previous involvement obvious. I think he will do it again; ["We're all fucked" (indicating his lack of intentions to murder his Tony B.), & in the previews Tony said something along the lines of: "It's all about the people I love", as well as the entire road to hell theme. If Tony B. dies I believe there will be no showdown between The Bricks & New York].

I don't think Tony has it in him to off his own cousin who has always been his best friend & whose life he feels he's already stolen. John just has to go, otherwise this season will have be a nothing but a solid debacle to me. But we'll see soon enough.

On a sidenote: I drool over Anette Benning & have over Kathrine Narducci ever since I saw her first in A Bronx Tale. I will find that woman one day.

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/18/04 03:22 AM

Hey GP!!

I too think that Johnny Sac's days are numbered. SC had a good point anaylizing the dream sequence of Tony "getting it done" (as was asked of him several times), referring to his inner conflicts of doubting and possibly killing Tony B. I know he really wouldn't want to do it, but I think if the time comes, he'll lack any kind of conscience or second thoughts about it, and just consider it a "business" move.

In the previews he says "I gotta do this myself", which could be what he's referring to, and yet, you are right that the previews have been very misleading.

Btw, I like your new avator! Now that's cool!!!

TIS

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/18/04 12:48 PM

Other thoughts:

We see Tony and Johnny Sac having a meeting where Johnny tells him that his family will reign down on Tony's. To avoid a war, Tony could always make nice to Johnny by killing Little Carmine and ending the war. Remember it was Tony who legitimized him by taking the trip to Florida when they were having that beef with the Esplanard.

The Vallachi Papers- Tony would never flip. I have a feeling this is in reference to Christopher. He would on the drop of a hat. The test dream might be of Tony having to clip Christopher.

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/18/04 12:56 PM

Quote:
The Vallachi Papers- Tony would never flip. I have a feeling this is in reference to Christopher. He would on the drop of a hat. The test dream might be of Tony having to clip Christopher.
Why?

Hey TIS! How's the day at the office?

W L'Italia!

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/18/04 03:46 PM

They made a movie with the late Charles bronson as Vallachi. I believe that he flipped because they tried to have him killed in jail. Don't hold me to that because my memory of the movie is a bit fuzzy. As for Tony, it isn't in his character to be a stool pidgeon. Tony's fate might be:

1)He kills himself rather than go to jail.

2)He is killed by another family.

3)Chris rats the entire crew out and Tony ends up in prison.

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/18/04 06:58 PM

Quote:
They made a movie with the late Charles bronson as Vallachi. I believe that he flipped because they tried to have him killed in jail. Don't hold me to that because my memory of the movie is a bit fuzzy. As for Tony, it isn't in his character to be a stool pidgeon. Tony's fate might be:

1)He kills himself rather than go to jail.

2)He is killed by another family.

3)Chris rats the entire crew out and Tony ends up in prison.
Paul - thanks for the thoughts. Perhaps, I should have been more specific. I wanted to know why you think Christopher would flip & why the book & the dream were references to Tony having to kill Christopher.

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/18/04 07:43 PM

I doubt that Tony B will die. This will probably be the factor in Chris flipping in the final season. Chris has seen the affection that Tony shows to his own cousin over Chris. Chris is only a cousin through Carmella. Tony B is a cousin, cousin (famiglia). Chris wasn't happy that the casino went to Tony B. Chris still doesn't know what to think about the Adrianna thing (the accident). Chris could also go down hill like Henry Hill with the drugs once again. Chris has been seen using alcohol which might lead him back to heroin. Finally Chris probably sees Tony B as Tony's future successor and not him.
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/19/04 11:08 PM

Why don't Johnny Sack & Lil Carmine just go after each other? Instead they kill "small potatoes" like Lorraine, Joe Peeps, Angelo, Billy. Why don't they just send a hit squad after the other top guy and end it?

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/20/04 05:19 AM

I just rewatched the last twenty minutes of the episode, and I'm firmly convinced that the ending (with Tony talking to Carmella on the phone) was nothing more than small talk between two people who have shared so much of their lives together.

Consider this: Tony woke up from a very disturbing dream, and then got very disturbing news (from Chris). Tony was all alone, probably very lonely and stressed out. What is more natural than seeking comfort from someone who really knows you? He called Carmella to just simply hear her voice, and kind of like "be with her", so he wouldn't feel alone. He (and Carm, as well) was taking solice in the daily, trivial things in their life (the dog barking at 5:30 a.m., describing a dinner with friends, etc.) BOTH of them were comforted from this exchange, prompting me to believe they'll get back together.

Also - when Tony was running away from the crowd who witnessed Phil Leotardo's shooting, it was reminiscent of the "Frankenstein" movies when the village's population would chase after the monster (there was even one guy wearing those funny Teutonic shorts). It hit me - Tony sees himself as a monster!

We don't have to see the actual shootings here; in fact its better we don't. The real drama of the series is from the psychological effects of the character's actions. Thats what makes this show great.
Posted By: Huntz

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/20/04 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Freddie C.:
Why don't Johnny Sack & Lil Carmine just go after each other? Instead they kill "small potatoes" like Lorraine, Joe Peeps, Angelo, Billy. Why don't they just send a hit squad after the other top guy and end it?
It might be frowned upon by the other families. I have no idea, that seems like the simple solution but either it has a deeper meaning of just Chase dragging the saga along.

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/20/04 01:42 PM

Good analysis SC!! It seems this whole season has been more or less a physcological study.

Did anyone notice while Tony was dreaming, in the scene with his "coach" from high school, how Tony looked in the "trophy" case? Wasn't there a conversation earlier in the season regarding Tony not getting a tropy in high school? With Junior I think?

TIS

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 05/20/04 03:43 PM

Quote:
Good analysis SC!! It seems this whole season has been more or less a physcological study.

Did anyone notice while Tony was dreaming, in the scene with his "coach" from high school, how Tony looked in the "trophy" case? Wasn't there a conversation earlier in the season regarding Tony not getting a tropy in high school? With Junior I think?

TIS
Junior kept saying that Tony didn't have the makings of a varsity football player which peeved Tony to no end. We probably didn't see the shooting of Phil and Billy Leotardo because it would have been a mirror image of the first season's Funhouse episode where Tony wakes up and ultimately Big Pussy is shot to death and left as fish food.

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 08/31/04 06:44 PM

bump
Posted By: The Scottish Don

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 10/20/04 06:37 AM

Well, David Lynch would be very proud of this episode. Almost like a tribute to his work!

Good enough episode, with stories progressed in small, subtle ways.

Just VERY bizarre timing though, with only two episodes to go and all...........
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 10/26/04 07:44 PM

Are there people still reading these threads? I hope so, because....

This is the BEST episode I've EVER seen. Perhaps even greater than the marvellous Pine Barrens (which too was only 3 episodes from the end).

Why do people feel uncomfortable with having such a dream-like episode near the end. Season two's actual finale WAS a dream (and again, one of my favourite episodes). Season 1 had dreams near the end: The penultimate episode of the first season had Tony having dreams over the fantasy girl next door, and the final episode was called I Dream of Jeannie Cusamano. Season four had some very weird dreams, with Ralphie and Carm in the car etc--and those too were when Tony was away from home, in Florida.

David Chase always said that he admired David Lynch for telling his stories as dreams, and this admiration is no more evident than here.

It was like an early Luis Bunuel film--particularly L'Age d'Or, with the horse in the house.

It's a bit of a coincidence that I only watched Frankenstein and its immediate successor for the first time this week--Tony running down the alley, as SC said, resembles the chase scenes in those films remarkably.

Never mind Tony B.; what about poor Artie Bucco!? Tony's mind is all cocked up at the moment, wanting to go after Charmaine Bucco, and he talked to Artie with some hostility a few episodes back. I hope he doesn't end of killing him for some reason. With this show, you just don't know.

I also think that not showing Billy Leotardo's killing was a reference to The Godfather, when the Family learn that Bruno Tattaglia got hit. I must say, though, it would have been powerful had we seen Phil Leotardo almost being whacked.

But then again, this episode wasn't about that. It showed Tony's subconscious like never before. I've watched the episode twice now (I taped it, then watched it this morning after seeing it last night ), and can honestly say that it's definitely the best so far this season, if not in the show.

Season five continues to reinvent itself, and is becoming increasingly more driven by and dependent on Gandolfini. How he didn't win an Emmy this year is beyond me.

By the way, in last night's TV guide, I saw a picture of BadaBing dancer Tracee (the one who Ralphie brutally murdered), sitting at the dinner table with AJ. She was nowhere to be seen in this episode though; the closest we got was seeing Carmela wearing braces.

Mick
Posted By: Daigo Mick Friend

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 10/26/04 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Season five continues to reinvent itself, and is becoming increasingly more driven by and dependent on Gandolfini. How he didn't win an Emmy this year is beyond me.

Mick
Mick, I am glad that you are enjoying season 5 so much, I am at the other end of the spectrum reliving the glory days of season 2 w/ viewings on HBO2.

Actually the man that deserved the Emmy this year was not even nominated.

That would be Ian McShane for the fantastic "Al Swearingon" on HBO's Deadwood.

Enjoy the rest of the season, and come join us on the long wait.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Season 5, Episode 11: "The Test Dream" - 10/27/04 08:09 PM

DMF, as brilliant as Season two was, for some strange reason, I always find it the most difficult to rewatch. That is, as for rewatchability factor, I rate it the lowest (not necessarily the worst though).

I haven't seen Deadwood yet; hopefully it will come to terrestrial TV soon. He is a great actyor though, and I suggest you watch Johnathan Glazer's debut feature film Sexy Beast, with McShane in a minor role (and Ben Kingsley and Ray Winstone magnificent in the two leads).

Mick
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET