Home

Pax Soprana's end

Posted By: Researcher

Pax Soprana's end - 02/17/04 01:52 PM

Does anyone remember the beautiful end to episode 6 of season 1 ("Pax Soprana")... in which the FBI have arranged the photos of the New Jersey Mafia on the board... and as beautiful music plays, Uncle Junior's picture is replaced at the top, and the title of Capo crossed through and replaced with "Boss"... I just found that ending so cool...I'm trying to find out what that music was called, but there's no mention.
Posted By: ChrisY2J

Re: Pax Soprana's end - 02/17/04 02:03 PM

That is one of the best endings of ANY "Sopranos" episode, ever. I love it. It was SO well done. The symbolism of it all was incredible. Jackie Aprile's picture is thrown away, and then Junior's picture is placed above Tony's.

And that music is what made it even better. It's the instrumental "Paparrazzi" by the rapper Xzibit.
Posted By: Don Luciano

Re: Pax Soprana's end - 02/17/04 02:44 PM

Couldn't agree more!!
Posted By: The Godfather

Re: Pax Soprana's end - 02/17/04 08:53 PM

Yes good call
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Pax Soprana's end - 02/17/04 09:28 PM

Excellent ending, but not sure which is my favourite. I liked the "Whoever Did This" ending, with Tony opening the Bada Bing door and going out into the open. I also loved "Funhouse"'s final shot, overlooking the ocean, and I love Tony's line in "Isabella."

Mick
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Pax Soprana's end - 02/17/04 10:28 PM

My favorite eppisode ending was eppisode 3 of season one. Christophers beat down and Brendon's execution while Meadow's choral recital was going on. So genius its scary.

Re: Pax Soprana's end - 02/18/04 01:30 AM

Yes, all of these episodes mentioned have all good endings. "Pax Soprana" remains my favorite. The Xzibit song is way too cool, and the pics taken from Junior's coronation party along with the scene in the FBI office are simply awesome. Just a fantastic ending.

As CAPO mentions, "Funhouse", the Season Two finale, has a great ending. The scenes from Meadow's graduation party coupled with the scenes of the Soprano Family's criminal activities and influences, put to the music of The Rolling Stones' "Thru And Thru", is simply amazing. When the season ends with the waves rolling in from the Atlantic Ocean, Pussy's final resting place, I find it very powerful and saddening. GREAT ending.
Posted By: Don Luciano

Re: Pax Soprana's end - 02/22/04 11:40 PM

I love the ending in which Agent Harris walks up to Satriales and has a friendly conversation with Tony too!!!
....watched that one today and rememberd how bizarre it is!
Posted By: That Moltisanti kid

Re: Pax Soprana's end - 02/22/04 11:42 PM

dl, what was that episodes' name?
MMM

Re: Pax Soprana's end - 02/23/04 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by That Moltisanti kid:
dl, what was that episodes' name?
MMM
It was "House Arrest", which was Episode 11 of Season Two.
Posted By: That Moltisanti kid

Re: Pax Soprana's end - 02/23/04 03:43 PM

Thanks Chris.- MMM
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET