Home

Coming Back In March

Posted By: Patrick

Coming Back In March - 12/31/03 03:12 AM

I've never watched the show because I don't have HBO, but I found this tonight and thought you fans might want to know.

HBO Sets March 7 for 'Sopranos' Return

STEPHEN M. SILVERMAN, People

Badda bing, and Happy New Year: After a 15-month hiatus, the HBO Mob hit "The Sopranos" will be back on March 7, 2004, with the first of 13 new episodes, reports Variety.

The fifth -- and, likely, the next-to-final -- season debut is scheduled to take place two weeks after the Feb. 22 final farewell of the premium cable network's other stellar Sunday show, "Sex and the City."

While "The Sopranos" reruns have been running constantly on HBO (which, like PEOPLE, is part of Time Warner), the last original episode aired Dec. 8, 2002, Variety notes.

In it, Edie Falco's Carmela delivered an Emmy-worthy performance as she lashed out at James Gandolfini's Tony for his years of infidelity. Eventually, she threw her Mob boss husband out of their house.

Since premiering on Jan. 10, 1999, "The Sopranos" has won 13 Emmys, including three each for Falco and Gandolfini, reports Variety.

While there is no doubt that the domestic situation between Tony and Carmela will weigh heavily in this new season, there also have been reports that several characters who were bumped off in past episodes may return through, presumably, dream sequences, says the trade paper.
Posted By: Don Pope

Re: Coming Back In March - 12/31/03 03:18 AM

thats interesting, thanks for the update
Posted By: Owen

Re: Coming Back In March - 12/31/03 10:52 PM

Holy crap Patrick! You have never seen The Sopranos?? You really should rent them from the video store, download them from the internet, or even buy the DVD sets. Beleive me its worth it.

Re: Coming Back In March - 01/01/04 06:30 AM

the best tv show ever made!
Posted By: Owen

Re: Coming Back In March - 01/01/04 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Pope:
the best tv show ever made!
Very true. But I might say its the best DRAMA TV show ever made. Because if it was the overall best TV show it would need to beat out Seinfeld first.

Re: Coming Back In March - 01/01/04 06:44 PM

seinfeld is a very good show, but sopranos is better.
Posted By: Don Tissinno

Re: Coming Back In March - 01/15/04 02:36 AM

Time to pull out the new Boxed Set Season four and watch them to get up to speed.
Posted By: The Scottish Don

Re: Coming Back In March - 01/16/04 09:54 AM

Hate it when programmes/films of different genres are "compared" in anyway!

That is without me adding Twin Peaks into the equation as well, though it would be nigh on impossible to compare that to anything else that has ever appeared on TV.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Coming Back In March - 01/21/04 05:59 PM

Anyone else watching Seasons 1-4 before Season 5 starts? I'm almost through with Season 1 -- I like to watch 4 at a time
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Coming Back In March - 01/21/04 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Anyone else watching Seasons 1-4 before Season 5 starts? I'm almost through with Season 1 -- I like to watch 4 at a time
Guilty here too. Except i've just watched series 3, then 2, then 1. Still havn't got 4 yet. But my student loan has just come through so I don't think it'll be too long until I order it.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Coming Back In March - 01/21/04 06:38 PM

You're watching them backwards, Turi??
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Coming Back In March - 01/21/04 07:24 PM

Yeah I'm watching the series backwards but the episodes in the series in chronological order. I figured because i've seen all the episodes anyway it doesn't matter what order I see them in. It's not like I don't know what happens. :p
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Coming Back In March - 01/21/04 08:31 PM

I'm almost finished my second watching of season four, then moving straight onto season one and working my way back through the ranks ready for season five--for which I have about ten years to wait!

Mick
Posted By: angiez23

Re: Coming Back In March - 01/21/04 08:57 PM

i have only the season 1 and 2 in dvd are awesome and maybe buy the others soon, but i saw the 1,2,3,4 seasons in hbo latin too and waiting for the 5 with anxiety hahahah
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET