Home

Stugats

Posted By: Sonny

Stugats - 06/23/03 04:44 AM

What does "Stugats" (I think this is how it's written) mean? I think I saw it on a re-runs of the Second Season on the boat when Tony takes AJ fishing...

Thanks
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Stugats - 06/23/03 04:58 AM

"Stugots" from what my relatives tell me means "Suck my cock" or "eat me!" or even "Blow me!"
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Stugats - 06/23/03 09:03 AM

I find words like this have different meanings. I used tothink it meant testicles (that's what it means in The Sopranos official guide) but I also read that it means stupid.

Mick
Posted By: SC

Re: Stugats - 06/23/03 01:27 PM

Vercetti's family aside, stugotts means "testicles".

Mick - You may be confusing "stugotts" with "stunard" which can be translated as "stupid".
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Stugats - 06/23/03 03:01 PM

"Stugats" also is a variation of "ugats," the universal Italian expression of contempt that figuratively means, "up yours." If pronounced without dialects, it goes something like, "ugats a tan cul," meaning "f*** you in your ass." It's also the root of "bafangool" or "vafancul," all those expressions that get posted here so often.
Seeing "Stugats" on Tony's boat for the first time sent me ROFL.
Posted By: Don Larzono

Re: Stugats - 06/28/03 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
"Stugats" also is a variation of "ugats," the universal Italian expression of contempt that figuratively means, "up yours." If pronounced without dialects, it goes something like, "ugats a tan cul," meaning "f*** you in your ass." It's also the root of "bafangool" or "vafancul," all those expressions that get posted here so often.
Seeing "Stugats" on Tony's boat for the first time sent me ROFL.
Not so sure I agree with you there Turnbull.
Stugots comes from the Italian expression " Sto cazzo ". Whitch means "testicals", sort of.
Ugats, is the same expression but in Sicilian/Neopolitan dialect " 'u cazzu ".

And from what I've heard, "Vafanculo" comes from the expression " Va' a fare in culo "meaning "go do it up your as*"

Stugots might be mistaken for the expression " Oobatz ", meaning "crazy", whitch comes from the expression " Sto pazzo " or in Sicilian/Neopolitan, " 'U pazzu " (meaning just that, "You are crazy")

Sorry if I'm nitpicking, and excuse me if my spelling is bad.

Don L
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Stugats - 06/28/03 04:22 PM

Thanks for those explanations, Don Larzono! I've heard all those expressions here in the NYC area, but the gestures that accompany them usually impart more "meaning" than the actual words.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET