Home

Sopranos General Info

Posted By: Double-J

Sopranos General Info - 04/20/03 04:44 PM

Hey y'all, I don't have HBO, and I was wondering if someone could give me the basics of the Sopranos and what its all about (other than it involves mafia).

Also, I was wondering if y'all think it would be worthwhile to pick up the first season on DVD as a "test" to see if I like it or not.

Any info is appreciated,

Double-J
Posted By: scarface_denver

Re: Sopranos General Info - 04/20/03 05:19 PM

well for my input i would say buy all three seasons , well worth it , couldnt count the times i have watched em , just waiting for season four to come out...........
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Sopranos General Info - 04/20/03 05:38 PM

It's about Tony Soprano, a crime Family boss (or near enough to that rank) who tries to cope with both of his (F)(f)amilies by visiting a pshrink. Season one has the best overall ongoing plot and I guarantee you'll love it, if you have any kind of liking for Mafia related things. IT is a fantastic show and everyone I know who has watched it loves it! Go get season one now man!

Mick
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Sopranos General Info - 04/21/03 01:05 AM

Alrighty, sounds good. I'm really interested in the whole mafia idea, and I have heard lotsa things about the series, but since I don't have HBO, I can't see it.

Re: Sopranos General Info - 04/21/03 01:18 AM

Don't expect violence every episode. This is what makes it good I think. Each episode adds to the tension of the season's plot and the violence comes as a rarity really, but it's dark humour and excellent character relationships make for wonderful viewing!

Mick
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Sopranos General Info - 04/21/03 11:53 AM

I bought the season 1 DVDs straight off recommendations from my friends, so I bought it blind.

Wasn't disappointed, I was blown away.

BUT, I suggest you rent at least the 1st disc of season 1 or something, or download episodes off of Kazaa to see if you like it.

Re: Sopranos General Info - 05/24/03 12:10 AM

Double J, you got it yet?

Mick
Posted By: Carmela's Granddaughter

Re: Sopranos General Info - 05/25/03 05:33 PM

And don't forget what is arguably one of the most intriguing aspects of the series: a mob boss sees a psychiatrist. How can a career criminal, a sociopath, self-observe to the degree that Tony does? A very tricky concept, and it works; the contrast is brilliant. Dr. Melfi and Tony have a professional relationship that also affects both their personal lives.

I say definitely start at the beginning and observe how the progress and pitfalls of the therapy parallel Tony's professional and personal behavior.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET